PDA

View Full Version : The fans actually showed up, and it made all the difference!

gonzo88
10-23-2000, 01:21 PM
The fans actually showed up against the rams, and it made all the difference in the world. Here is my theory on why this happened.

All the "I'm a season ticket holder and have been a fan since the 60's, so I can boo if I want" people just "knew" that the rams were going to win, so they sold there tickets to the real fans who were foaming at the mouth to go to the game. The real fans then showed up and made hellafied noise to help our team out in a big way!

So, the real fans got to go to a record setting game, the Chiefs had a crowd that made plenty of noise (how many false starts and time outs did we force), and the "I'll boo if I want to" people probably made a pretty penny! I guess we can all be happy!

------------------
gonzo88

KC Jones
10-23-2000, 01:36 PM
Unfortunately the boo birds sold tickets to Rams fans too. I've never heard Arrowhead so loud for the opposition. That was sad!

[This message has been edited by KC Jones (edited 10-23-2000).]

Clint in Wichita
10-23-2000, 01:46 PM
Here's what really happened: The Chiefs gave the crowd something to cheer about.

Eventually you will be thrown from the top of Arrowhead down to the pavement below...if you say idiotic things about the crowd in person the way you do on this BB.

Mi_chief_fan
10-23-2000, 01:48 PM
Damn, Clint. You are one angry, bitter person.

ChiTown
10-23-2000, 01:50 PM
KCJ

Sad, but no so unusual. It's an in-state rivalry, and there are plenty of St. Louisians in the KC area. It didn't surprise or shock me at all.

Clint in Wichita
10-23-2000, 01:51 PM
I've been reading Gonzo88's posts for quite a while, and all he ever talks about is how bad the Chiefs' fans are, & how the crowd is partially responsible for the Chiefs' home losses this season. He's worse than Packfan, IMO.

Mi_chief_fan
10-23-2000, 01:55 PM
Although I normally don't even look at gonzo88 posts, I do agree with you on this one Clint: fans will only get excited when the players get them excited. Just look at our Monday nighter against Seattle.

[This message has been edited by Mi_chief_fan (edited 10-23-2000).]

ChiTown
10-23-2000, 01:55 PM
I 2nd that Clint.

Gonzo is a whiney little bi-boardal biatch. He imposes his little definition of fan upon everyone else, and concludes that his Chief's fanaticism is stronger than the boo-birds at Arrowhead.

Tell your story walkin Gonz.

Cannibal
10-23-2000, 01:59 PM
I agree guys, Gonzo88 is a mongoloid-muthafugga. He's more of a b!tch than a b!tch...

[This message has been edited by Cannibal (edited 10-23-2000).]

gonzo88
10-23-2000, 07:22 PM
The only people I piss off are the little whiny @ss b!tches like you guys, because you know I'm right. I'm surprised you guys aren't pissing in your panties because the Chiefs only won by 20 points instead of 30. Atleast I only b!tch about a few things that bother me, you guys b!tch about everything!

And clint, quit signing on as cannibal. Everyone knows that you two are the same person.

There was a distinct difference in the ram crowd than the raider crowd. During gannon's first snap, the crowd was dead quiet. During warners first snap, the place was already rocking. Don't give me that "give them something to cheer about and they will cheer" bullsh!t! If that was true, then the crowd at the rams game would have been a ghost town because the Chiefs "didn't give them something to cheer about" the week before against the raiders. Face it, the crowd was rocking because all the sissy season ticket holders sold there tickets to real fans!

------------------
gonzo88

[This message has been edited by gonzo88 (edited 10-23-2000).]

Cannibal
10-23-2000, 08:19 PM
Hey punk ***** ...

Face it... if the Chiefs play like they did against the Colts or the Raiders the fans will boo, or be much less enthuiastic about the game. If they play like they did against St. Louis the fans will scream their heads off.

Got that dooknob? Can you get that through your thick dome?

You really are a mongoloid aren't you?

Cannibal
10-23-2000, 08:21 PM
Maybe I should just start calling you "Corky88" instead of Gonzo88.

gonzo88
10-23-2000, 08:29 PM
Keep talking, cannibal. Let your intelligence shine! Got that "dooknob"?

------------------
gonzo88

gh4chiefs
10-23-2000, 08:37 PM
Well short of the name calling, I have to agree with the other guys on this one Gonzo. The team gave us something to cheer about and we responded. They played their butts off for all 4 quarters and the crowd stayed with them the whole time.

Last week against Oakland, they only played in the 2nd quarter. You have to realize in this day and age, it's hard to keep people focused and motivated for 3 to 4 hours when their team isn't doing anything.

By the way, I'm not condoning booing, I'm just stating that if the team isn't playing very well on the field, you can not expect the kind of intensity you got from the fans yesterday.

------------------
Gary

Cannibal
10-23-2000, 08:38 PM
Ever heard of a typo DOORKNOB?

What a dope you are Corky88!

Actually thinking the fans had more to do with the *** kicking of the Rams than Grbac, Gonzo, Sly, Alexander etc.

That's so incredibly stupid it's funny!

gh4chiefs
10-23-2000, 08:42 PM
I do have one bone to pick with the crowd though. Right before the game, they announced a moment of silence for Governor Carnahan, who as you know, was killed last Monday night. For those of you not there, you would not believe the amount yelling and hooting and noise making in general that occurred during that "moment of silence." At that very moment, I was embarrassed to be a Chiefs fan.

I realize that a lot of fans were not from MO,and probably didn't have a clue who he was, but still there's a time for some simple quiet respect and a time for yelling. That was the time for the quiet respect.

------------------
Gary

gonzo88
10-23-2000, 08:48 PM
Ok Gary, I think I can talk to you. At the raiders game, the crowd was just kind of sitting there from the start. They hadn't seen anything yet that showed the Chiefs weren't going to have a good game, because the game hadn't even started yet, right? However they chose to be generally a weak and quiet crowd from the start.

Then you had the rams game. The crowd was rocking from the very first time that warner stepped on the field. They hadn't seen anything yet that showed how good the Chiefs were going to play the rams. The Chiefs hadn't made one single good play yet, but the crowd was rocking. Why is that?

gonzo88
10-23-2000, 08:53 PM
Gary, not only is hooting during the governers moment of silence pretty sad, I personaly heard people booing the punt, pass, and kick people at the monday night game!! All that from the "best" fans in the nfl, I would hate to see the worst!!

------------------
gonzo88

gh4chiefs
10-23-2000, 08:56 PM
I think it was just the atmosphere of the game with the cross state rivals, even bigger than the Raiders game I think. (Personally I kept thinking I wanted this game more than the Raiders game even though the Raider game really was a bigger game) And you have to remember, there were a LOT of Rams fans there added to mix, adding their enthusiasm to game.

Personally I couldn't tell a difference at the beginning of the game, they seemed pumped about the same level. As for this game, if you recall on the 2nd play from scrimmage, Hasty intercepted the pass and kind of set the tone for the day. It was just a more exciting game because of the expectation the Rams would bust loose any moment, while at the same time being in awe of the Chiefs. We were on the edge of our seats all day.

Again in the Oakland game, we didn't do squat on either side of the ball until in the 2nd quarter. That took the crowd out of it real fast.

------------------
Gary

gonzo88
10-23-2000, 09:04 PM
That's a good explanation, but I'm not buying it. Have we fallen that far that we are more pumped for the rams than the raiders?! I guess I expect a lot from my fellow Chiefs fans and some of them aren't living up to it.

------------------
gonzo88

Joe Seahawk
10-23-2000, 09:05 PM
Fan cop Gonzo... http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Joe Seahawk (edited 10-23-2000).]

Durtman
10-23-2000, 09:16 PM
I'm used to it in L.A., but what's with all the empty seats I saw with 2 minutes to go? We just gang raped the world champs, and everyone's in a hurry to go . . . where? The mall? To hurry up and sit in traffic?

BigOlChiefsfan
10-23-2000, 09:17 PM
You want to know why the crowd noise was loud yesterday? It's 'cause I was there. Y'all heard that loud, damn near constant roar? That was me. You might have seen me on TV...I was the guy wearing red.

I don't get to go often, but when I go I make some noise, win, lose or draw. Encouraged the little kid on his first visit who was sitting next to me to make some noise, too. I explained that here in KC...we act up when the BAD GUYS got the ball. In other towns, they don't always make that distinction. I won't name names, but the dumb-fan team colors are usually blue, for some reason.

I don't have time to be a boo-bird, don't have the luxury of getting jaded. For me, every Arrowhead visit is a big deal. Look for me next time...the guy in red, yelling his fool head off, happy to be there.