PDA

View Full Version : (nft) Credit card apps

Chief Henry
02-09-2006, 07:53 AM
Yesterday my wife and I received four applications in the mail. Has anyone ever kept track for a year how many credit card applications you receive in the mail????

Are you guys interrested in keeping a running tabulation on how many we as chiefs planet memebers we get? It might be boring as hell
or it could be unique just to keep score...

We got 4 on Wednesday 2-8-06 = 4

:hmmm:

epitome1170
02-09-2006, 08:15 AM
Here's a thought I find quite amusing, although I have never tried it myself. Let me know how it works though if you do it.

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=junk_the_junk

trndobrd
02-09-2006, 08:36 AM
I always just stuff the contents of the mailing back in the business reply envelope (after removing all references to my personal information) with a note suggesting that my state is not a landfill and would the company kindly dispose of the contents.

Chiefs Express
02-09-2006, 09:16 AM
I always just stuff the contents of the mailing back in the business reply envelope (after removing all references to my personal information) with a note suggesting that my state is not a landfill and would the company kindly dispose of the contents.

I've mailed back the apps, no personal info as you. I've also mixed the apps, sent Visa a MC app and so on. I've also put plenty of extra junk mail in the envelopes when ever possible to jack their cost of receiving their own/others junk mail.

As always, should any of your IM force be caught or killed, the secretary will disavow any knowledge of your actions.

sedated
02-09-2006, 09:47 AM
There is a number you can call that will stop mail solicitaton. But i can't remember.

Just shred the sh!t and move on with your life

Bill Lundberg
02-09-2006, 09:48 AM
www.optoutprescreen.com

Click it. Fill it out and never get another one again.

Rain Man
02-09-2006, 10:33 AM
My record for financial services ads in one day is eight. That includes credit cards, mortgage refinancing, and other loans. It was pretty impressive.

I'll bet mailmen hate Capitol One.

greg63
02-09-2006, 10:45 AM
Yesterday my wife and I received four applications in the mail. Has anyone ever kept track for a year how many credit card applications you receive in the mail????

Are you guys interrested in keeping a running tabulation on how many we as chiefs planet memebers we get? It might be boring as hell

...No; I've never kept track.

Chief Henry
02-09-2006, 12:21 PM
I just got 3 more today= 7 in last two days !!!

Hoover
02-09-2006, 12:27 PM
I think I get about 10 a week.

If effin Sad, and they are always from the same stupid people.

KCChiefsMan
02-09-2006, 02:27 PM
I get at least 10 per week, usually more. I may have to start using the business reply envelope!

Rain Man
02-09-2006, 02:38 PM
It annoys me to get the mortgage letters that list your mortgage and the amount on it. I don't know why that is considered to be public information.

And then I find it funny that they list a mortgage that was about three refinances old and is long gone. The company is re-using some ancient list that's not even close to accurate.

Valiant
02-09-2006, 03:38 PM

I get about 5-10 a week..

Bearcat
02-09-2006, 03:45 PM
Some of them have started putting ID numbers on the back that supposedly track people who put crap into the business reply envelopes.... not that you can't just take a marker...

If you call the numbers on the back of the junk mail, almost all of it will stop.

Question though.... I've called those numbers, and the only one I get now is Capital One.... the problem is they don't have any opt-out numbers in their junk mail. I found the number on their website and am waiting to see if it works. Aren't they required to put the opt-out number in their junk mail?

Chiefs Express
02-09-2006, 03:48 PM
Some of them have started putting ID numbers on the back that supposedly track people who put crap into the business reply envelopes.... not that you can't just take a marker...

If that's true, it would be in their best interest to save money on the mailing both directions. I would wonder why they would invest in a tracking data base for such crap, to me there would be no ROI.

Worst case it goes into the trash. Best case they keep spending their money and getting nothing in return.

Bill Lundberg
02-09-2006, 04:27 PM
It annoys me to get the mortgage letters that list your mortgage and the amount on it. I don't know why that is considered to be public information.

And then I find it funny that they list a mortgage that was about three refinances old and is long gone. The company is re-using some ancient list that's not even close to accurate.

They're getting their info from the deed recorded at the county courthouse... Sometimes they aren't smart enough to look for the most recent one which is why you sometimes get solicited on old loans.