PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know of a website?

cmh6476
02-09-2006, 03:20 PM
that would list every player in the MLB that has ever played for the Royals? :(

Douche Baggins
02-09-2006, 03:20 PM
that would list every player in the MLB that has ever played for the Royals? :(

With a little research, baseball-reference.com has that information.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/KCR/

Calcountry
02-09-2006, 03:28 PM
Only once has KC finished over 500 since 99. The A's by contrast, have finished over 500 every year since then, over 600 twice.

Short Leash Hootie
02-09-2006, 03:30 PM
Only once has KC finished over 500 since 99. The A's by contrast, have finished over 500 every year since then, over 600 twice.
what does that have to do with...anything?

Calcountry
02-09-2006, 03:30 PM
Of course, the Grangers haven't done much better than KC, finishing over 500 only twice since 99

Short Leash Hootie
02-09-2006, 03:31 PM
Of course, the Grangers haven't done much better than KC, finishing over 500 only twice since 99
again...

cmh6476
02-09-2006, 03:33 PM
With a little research, baseball-reference.com has that information.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/KCR/

yeah, I am aware of that but I still have to go back and weed through to find which players are still active.

Reason I'm asking is because I'm in a fantasy league where I can only draft guys that have played for the royals. My pitching is going to be teh suck!@#

ENDelt260
02-09-2006, 03:37 PM
Seriously, I don't understand this Grangers thing.

Phobia
02-09-2006, 03:40 PM
http://kansascity.royals.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/kc/history/players.jsp

chefsos
02-09-2006, 03:41 PM
Here you go. What's funny is I Googled it expecting some funky sites, and came right back to mlb.com.

The list is broken up, but by decade it's manageable, I suppose.

http://kansascity.royals.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/kc/history/players.jsp

EDIT: Damnit.

cmh6476
02-09-2006, 03:42 PM
u2 are awesome, thank you very much!@!#

Calcountry
02-09-2006, 04:00 PM
Seriously, I don't understand this Grangers thing.Ancient U.S. History.

I am sure you are familiar with it.

If that doesn't work, I am sure you are aware of google.

ENDelt260
02-09-2006, 04:02 PM
How is it insulting to the baseball team?

Calcountry
02-09-2006, 04:06 PM
How is it insulting to the baseball team?Rangers=big time cop, go get the bad guy, kind of a ghey name to begin with if you ask me.

Granger=sod buster, farmer, actually a move up for them I guess. Being that they are from Texas, I feel it more appropriate somehow. I don't really give a chit if it demeans them or not, that is just what I call them.

leviw
02-09-2006, 04:08 PM
Rangers=big time cop, go get the bad guy, kind of a ghey name to begin with if you ask me.

Granger=sod buster, farmer, actually a move up for them I guess. Being that they are from Texas, I feel it more appropriate somehow. I don't really give a chit if it demeans them or not, that is just what I call them.

This coming from a guy who is a fan of a team that abreviates its name because of lack of originality.

Calcountry
02-09-2006, 04:15 PM
This coming from a guy who is a fan of a team that abreviates its name because of lack of originality.This coming from a fan of a team, that use to call Kansas City home.

Who had that same abreviation.

leviw
02-09-2006, 04:19 PM
This coming from a fan of a team, that use to call Kansas City home.

Who had that same abreviation.

First of all, your statement makes little sense. I think I get what you're saying though.

What I'm saying is, it's a terrible name if you have to abreviate it...no matter the location.

Calcountry
02-09-2006, 04:25 PM
First of all, your statement makes little sense. I think I get what you're saying though.

What I'm saying is, it's a terrible name if you have to abreviate it...no matter the location.You can call us the Oakland A's, as in assholes for all I care, the 4 world titles plus a winning tradition, that spans the decades and free agency, kind of makes that name pretty damn cool.

leviw
02-09-2006, 04:27 PM
You can call us the Oakland A's, as in assholes for all I care, the 4 world titles plus a winning tradition, that spans the decades and free agency, kind of makes that name pretty damn cool.

What's wrong with Athletics?

Calcountry
02-09-2006, 04:29 PM
What's wrong with Athletics?Nothing.

Just thought you might want to get back at me for calling the Rangers the Grangers.

Calcountry
02-09-2006, 04:30 PM
This coming from a guy who is a fan of a team that abreviates its name because of lack of originality.Just what did this post mean?

Calcountry
02-09-2006, 04:31 PM
What's wrong with Athletics?Then you follow that beaut up with this???

Are you just trying to play mind games with me?

WTF man. I am a busy guy, who is having a slow day, killing time here.

ROFL

Douche Baggins
02-09-2006, 04:32 PM
You can call us the Oakland A's, as in assholes for all I care, the 4 world titles plus a winning tradition, that spans the decades and free agency, kind of makes that name pretty damn cool.

Bahahaha!!!

The last title being in 1989!!!!!!

You're the Royals with a few more wins. Same as the Rangers.

Calcountry
02-09-2006, 04:33 PM
Bahahaha!!!

The last title being in 1989!!!!!!

You're the Royals with a few more wins. Same as the Rangers.Its 4 more than you have.

leviw
02-09-2006, 04:33 PM
Just what did this post mean?

I'm just curious why the Athletics went to the A's...whether it happened in KC or Oakland? I think both are bad, but it's extra bad when you have to abreviate the nickname of your team.

Douche Baggins
02-09-2006, 04:37 PM
Its 4 more than you have.

I know. :(

ENDelt260
02-09-2006, 04:37 PM
I'm just curious why the Athletics went to the A's...whether it happened in KC or Oakland? I think both are bad, but it's extra bad when you have to abreviate the nickname of your team.
Didn't it happen in Philly?

leviw
02-09-2006, 04:40 PM
Didn't it happen in Philly?
Ahh...forgot about Philly.

That team got around more than most girls i know.

Calcountry
02-09-2006, 04:41 PM
I'm just curious why the Athletics went to the A's...whether it happened in KC or Oakland? I think both are bad, but it's extra bad when you have to abreviate the nickname of your team.I am quoting you now, "What's wrong with Athletics?"

They abreviate it SOME of the time.

Officially, they have ALWAYS been the Athletics.

Like, you have never heard the Orioles called the O's? Wtf man, abreviating teams names is as much a tradition in baseball as pinstripes.

Its just, we have a cool enough name, to abreviate it.

It is also a name that changes with the times. In the 70's, they were known as "The Swingin' A's".

ENDelt260
02-09-2006, 04:42 PM
It is also a name that changes with the times. In the 70's, they were known as "The Swingin' A's".

They were into wife-swappin', huh?

Calcountry
02-09-2006, 04:42 PM
Didn't it happen in Philly?Shit, you expect me to do all your history work, don't you. :p

Calcountry
02-09-2006, 04:43 PM
They were into wife-swappin', huh?Of course, I was but a wee lad at the time. But I must say, in hindsight, that it was a pretty clever marketing gag.

Just not afraid to go with the times, thats all. Like I said before, if you win, I wouldn't care if they called themselves the A holes.

Calcountry
02-09-2006, 04:44 PM
Ahh...forgot about Philly.

That team got around more than most girls i know.Shit, that one's gonna leave a mark. ROFL

leviw
02-09-2006, 04:45 PM
I am quoting you now, "What's wrong with Athletics?"

They abreviate it SOME of the time.

Officially, they have ALWAYS been the Athletics.

Like, you have never heard the Orioles called the O's? Wtf man, abreviating teams names is as much a tradition in baseball as pinstripes.

Its just, we have a cool enough name, to abreviate it.

Dude, I've heard the Mariners called the M's, the Royals called the R's and the Orioles called the O's. I know it's a tradition, but the A's have went by the A's for a lot longer than any of the aforementioned, and they consistantly go by it. I bet it's the only team to have its abreviation copyrighted too.

Thanks for quoting me. Did you undertand my question? I asked about the name Athletics, not A's. That's why I put "Athletics" in my question.

Calcountry
02-09-2006, 04:49 PM
Dude, I've heard the Mariners called the M's, the Royals called the R's and the Orioles called the O's. I know it's a tradition, but the A's have went by the A's for a lot longer than any of the aforementioned, and they consistantly go by it. I bet it's the only team to have its abreviation copyrighted too.

Thanks for quoting me. Did you undertand my question? I asked about the name Athletics, not A's. That's why I put "Athletics" in my question.A's, are what you are, when you are a top notch at whatever.

B's just won't cut it. So the "A" thing is cooler than M's, who are just copying us anyway.

No, I am much to stupid to understand any of your questions. I mean, I call the Rangers the Grangers, how stupid is that chit.

leviw
02-09-2006, 04:52 PM
A's, are what you are, when you are a top notch at whatever.

B's just won't cut it. So the "A" thing is cooler than M's, who are just copying us anyway.

No, I am much to stupid to understand any of your questions. I mean, I call the Rangers the Grangers, how stupid is that chit.

Oh, I wasn't calling you stupid. It was a serious question. I don't think the Rangers/Grangers name calling is stupid either. I just didn't understand how you could make fun of their nickname when your team is the Athletics which is consistantly abreviated to A's.

Both of which I think are dumb. But this is a very subjective argument and could go on all night if we wished.

I really don't.

Calcountry
02-09-2006, 05:05 PM
Oh, I wasn't calling you stupid. It was a serious question. I don't think the Rangers/Grangers name calling is stupid either. I just didn't understand how you could make fun of their nickname when your team is the Athletics which is consistantly abreviated to A's.

Both of which I think are dumb. But this is a very subjective argument and could go on all night if we wished.

I really don't.Why the heck not, its good for your postcount. ;)

The real answer is, that I have been giving Gopaint ribbing about the Rangers ever since he said they would sweep the A's in a 4 game set right after the all star break last year. It was the Grangers that got swept.

Then we went to their yard and swept them there as well, in sweltering heat no less.