PDA

View Full Version : Any good meatball recipes?

Calcountry
02-09-2006, 07:48 PM
I was wondering if any of the Planet Chefs have a good recipe for meatballs?

BigOlChiefsfan
02-09-2006, 09:06 PM
http://www.scimecassausage.com/placeorder.html

My recipe is simple. 'buy scimeca's meatballs'. Better than what I used to make.

Saulbadguy
02-09-2006, 09:07 PM
grape jelly

Simply Red
02-09-2006, 09:33 PM
I was wondering if any of the Planet Chefs have a good recipe for meatballs?

Lets say you are cooking for 4.

1.5 lbs. GROUND CHUCK
3-cloves of fresh garlic minced of course
3/4 cup Parmesian Cheese grated to powder
1 cup of bread-crumbs
2-eggs
1-Tsp. of salt
dash of dried parsley
dash of basil dried and rolled in fingers to create a powder.
ground pepper to taste
crushed red pepper very little
cayenne pepper very little

mix in large bowl
scoop out and make round with hands. (Try to keep consistent size)

bake on foil lined sheet pan in a preheated oven at 425 for 20 minutes or so. Just be certain they are close to cooked through. You can cook them the rest of the way in your sauce.

Sauce is simple. I like using the envelope spaghetti seasoning with regular tomato sauce. Just simmer it good and be certain it is seasoned enough. You may need to add several packs of Spag. seasoning to conquer perfect taste. Avoid blandness. Ohh and I always add a Tsp. of brown sugar to my sauce.

Serve with Angel Hair past. Follow box instructions exactly. Be sure not to overcook pasta. And no Iowanian Al Dente is not a person IDIOT.

Feel free to P.M. me with any additional questions...

Serve it up and enjoy!

Simply

enjoy!

listopencil
02-09-2006, 09:47 PM
Meat, salt and garlic. It's all in the sauce.

Calcountry
02-10-2006, 11:24 AM
grape jellyI must apologize for my personal attack on you yesterday, it was completely out of bounds.

KCFalcon59
02-10-2006, 12:09 PM
I should sell my meatballs, sausages and sauces. They are outstanding.

Mr. Laz
02-10-2006, 12:14 PM
treat them like a steak ...

hamburger mixed with spicy sausage with a maranade made of Italian dressing with peppercorn/lemon seasoning

that's a spicy meatball!!

MOhillbilly
02-10-2006, 12:17 PM
http://www.scimecassausage.com/placeorder.html

My recipe is simple. 'buy scimeca's meatballs'. Better than what I used to make.

thanks for the link dude. AND they ship anywhere for free.

rep

Saulbadguy
02-10-2006, 12:42 PM
I must apologize for my personal attack on you yesterday, it was completely out of bounds.
?? Seriously. Some people make meatballs with grape jelly in a slow cooker.

However, these aren't the kind that you would want to serve with spaghetti.

Hoover
02-10-2006, 02:16 PM
I get some meat, I like beef, I take it out of the wrapper, form it into a ball, bake at high heat.

Enjoy

For my meatloaf recipie please send me $10, or just dump some katcup on the top before baking.

mmmmmmmmmmm its so _________

ptlyon
02-10-2006, 02:40 PM

You've been watching too much Mr. Food.

MVChiefFan
02-10-2006, 03:16 PM
?? Seriously. Some people make meatballs with grape jelly in a slow cooker.

However, these aren't the kind that you would want to serve with spaghetti.

This is true and quite tasty!!! I make the meatballs with garlic salt and pepper then I heat grape jelly and ketchup in a sauce pan. dip the meatballs in the sauce and serve. They are great appetizers. People love them and usually freak out when I tell them what I did.

Simply Red
10-06-2009, 11:18 PM
I get some meat, I like beef, I take it out of the wrapper, form it into a ball, bake at high heat.

Enjoy

For my meatloaf recipie please send me $10, or just dump some katcup on the top before baking.

Hoover, this has to be one of your dumbest posts ever, just sayin' you usually aint dumb.

LaChapelle
10-06-2009, 11:29 PM
I did not bump this thread.

boogblaster
10-06-2009, 11:31 PM
Ground beef .. Italian Sausage .. garlic .. pepper .. basil .. cracker crumbs .. egg .. parmasan cheese .. enjoy ....

RippedmyFlesh
10-07-2009, 12:10 AM
My parents were born in italy and grandma mom and now my wife make great meatballs. All 3 of them don't measure anything but know when it's right by the smell of the mixture before cooking.
Never saw any of them measure a thing yet they came out the same way everytime. Like a musician who relies on his ear instead of sheet music.