PDA

View Full Version : I think this would be a great practical joke.

Rain Man
02-10-2006, 08:28 AM
Put a job ad out that sounds wonderful. High pay, occasional travel to exotic places, great work (e.g., book reader or video game play tester), and use of the company Lamborghini. When people apply, you give them extensive testing, an in-depth interview process with several people, and all sorts of other stuff. Durin the interview, feign phone problems and mention that you may have to revamp the phone system. Then you make them the offer, and tell them to move to your corporate headquarters in Bora Bora.

Then you give them some fictional corporate address, wait for a week after they're supposed to start, and send them a letter saying that, since they didn't show up for work, the job offer is rescinded. Disconnect your phone number and have a good laugh about it.

I'm sure they'd be upset at first, but years later, they'd probably laugh about it.

Gonzo
02-10-2006, 08:31 AM
You forgot the part where the guy tracks you down and off's you.
That's the funniest part!

trndobrd
02-10-2006, 08:40 AM
Another funny practical joke would be to open a small business, then put an ad in the paper for a couple open "jobs". Then you put the applicants through a long and tedious interview process. Now here's the fun part; you can send rude letters to most of them telling them they are not good enough to work for you. For added fun, you can "hire" two or three of them. Trap them in a small cubicle and give them mind numbing, menial tasks to occupy their time, but only pay them 80% of the prevailing wage. Grind them down by constantly criticizing their performance. After 19 years you will have a huge laugh as you fire the broken souls and they realize they have no retirement and have wasted the best years of their lives.

Rain Man
02-10-2006, 08:41 AM
(Smacking head.) It was all a practical joke! I get it now!

Dartgod
02-10-2006, 08:47 AM
(Smacking head.)We have a smiley for that.

:doh!:

Plus, you shouldn't do that. You could knock all the hair out of your head.

kc-nd
02-10-2006, 08:50 AM
How about a job where you are required as part of your job to get on the computer each day at work and read and respond to things on ChiefsPlanet.

Wouldn't that be great.

Then we wouldn't have to wait till we get home to post here.

Rain Man
02-10-2006, 08:50 AM
The smileys are kind of a pain, though. You have to find the one you like and then click on it and stuff. I don't have that kind of time.

ChiefsfaninPA
02-10-2006, 10:06 AM
How about a job where you are required as part of your job to get on the computer each day at work and read and respond to things on ChiefsPlanet.

Wouldn't that be great.

Then we wouldn't have to wait till we get home to post here.

You mean you actually wait until you get home?

kc-nd
02-10-2006, 10:28 AM
You mean you actually wait until you get home?

No, sarcasm.

greg63
02-10-2006, 10:35 AM
...To much trouble. I'd loose my new phone number. I'm more of a shaving cream in the hand, tickle the nose while the victim is sleeping kind of guy.

MOhillbilly
02-10-2006, 11:14 AM
Rain Man has a touch of evil in the brain.

i was going to get used bathroombooks from amazon.com for x-mas office gifts,but then we didnt exchange gifts this year.

Calcountry
02-10-2006, 11:44 AM

Wouldn't that be great.

Then we wouldn't have to wait till we get home to post here.Ummm, that is what I do.

Smed1065
02-10-2006, 11:52 AM
The smileys are kind of a pain, though. You have to find the one you like and then click on it and stuff. I don't have that kind of time.

We can tell from the threads that you have no time! :)