PDA

View Full Version : Islamic counter-cartoons

Rain Man
02-10-2006, 12:45 PM
So...I heard last night that some Islamic cartoonists are trying to make cartoons that will offend westerners now. Apparently, their first try was a cartoon of Adolf Hitler having sex with Anne Frank (true story).

My question to them - have you even seen the Internet? Have you gone to tubgirl? Have you seen goatse? You're bringing a pocketknife to a gunfight, people.

Plus, I question how creative an Islamic fundamentalist cartoonist can be, anyway. There's not a lot of out-of-the-box thinking in that part of the world, from what I can see.

I think my first counter-counter-cartoon would be Americans building a big McDonald's arch where those old statues were that the Taliban blew up. Or maybe a Venus de Milo.

ENDelt260
02-10-2006, 12:48 PM
Y'know, I still haven't even seen the original cartoon that has them all worked up.

mike_b_284
02-10-2006, 12:50 PM
It was mohammed w/ a bomb for a turban. Effing hilarious, wrong, but hilarious none the less.

FAX
02-10-2006, 12:51 PM
I agree, Mr. Rain Man. I think we will win the cartoon wars. Mainly because;

1. Islamic Fascists have no sense of humor.

2. Ink stains on tablecloth hats inhibit creativity.

3. Muhammed expressly commanded that pencils and paper are evil.

4. When you blow yourself up, your art supplies go with you.

I think we've got this one in the bag.

FAX

Hog Farmer
02-10-2006, 12:54 PM
I think someone should make a cartoon aof a towel head f cking a pig.

greg63
02-10-2006, 12:57 PM
I agree, Mr. Rain Man. I think we will win the cartoon wars. Mainly because;

1. Islamic Fascists have no sense of humor.

2. Ink stains on tablecloth hats inhibit creativity.

3. Muhammed expressly commanded that pencils and paper are evil.

4. When you blow yourself up, your art supplies go with you.

I think we've got this one in the bag.

FAX

ROFLROFLROFLROFL

greg63
02-10-2006, 12:58 PM
Y'know, I still haven't even seen the original cartoon that has them all worked up.

Same here; anyone got a link?

Simplex3
02-10-2006, 01:00 PM
It was mohammed w/ a bomb for a turban. Effing hilarious, wrong, but hilarious none the less.
What was wrong about it?

Simplex3
02-10-2006, 01:02 PM
http://boortz.com/images/muhammed_cartoon.jpg

mike_b_284
02-10-2006, 01:02 PM
It is poking fun at the messiah of their religion. How do you think the Christian community would react to cartoons depicting Jesus in an offensive manner?

greg63
02-10-2006, 01:04 PM

Ok, this stated all the hoopla???

Thanks for the pic Simplex.

Simplex3
02-10-2006, 01:05 PM
It is poking fun at the messiah of their religion. How do you think the Christian community would react to cartoons depicting Jesus in an offensive manner?
You mean like the Virgin Mary smeared with elephant dung? Or the crusafix in a tupperware bowl full of piss? Well, they'd bitch but I'm guessing they wouldn't blow s**t up and threaten to murder an entire race of people.

Look it up, they both happened.

greg63
02-10-2006, 01:06 PM

Speaking as a Christian I wouldn't react with violence.

mike_b_284
I believe you but that doesn't mean any of it is right

greg63
You mean like the Virgin Mary smeared with elephant dung? Or the crusafix in a tupperware bowl full of piss? Well, they'd bitch but I'm guessing they wouldn't blow s**t up and threaten to murder an entire race of people.

Look it up, they both happened.

:clap::clap::clap:

Yep!

Delano

I'm fairly sure those kind of offensive depictions of Jesus happen frequently. I've never seen this sort of widespread response of violence in response though.

greg63
02-10-2006, 01:07 PM
I like this one.

foxman
02-10-2006, 01:08 PM

People use his name in vain every day and yet I see no rioting or killing. Personaly I think they make a cartoon depicting any diety they want doing anything they wanted them to do and they wouldnt even get a raised eyebrow on this side of the world. I mean seeing how stupid they reacted sort of gives us the upperhand I'd say.

Simplex3
02-10-2006, 01:09 PM
I believe you but that doesn't mean any of it is right
Muslims around the world are killing people, destroying property, rioting, and generally causing mahem. We're not talking about a couple of fringe nutcases, but Muslims by the thousands in any given area. This cartoon was nothing but another excuse to do what they were going to do anyway.

Hog Farmer
02-10-2006, 01:09 PM
Let's see , if somebody made a cartoon of Jesus with a bomb on his head. Let me think :hmmm:. Yep. I would break out tha AK-47 and start shooting everybody, I would recruit Taco John for a suicide bombing mission and then I would crash a Jet Liner into invesco field.

mike_b_284
02-10-2006, 01:11 PM
You also have to consider their perspective, I bet middle eastern muslims feel like they are being globaly oppressed. Look at the reaction to the election results in palistine, the general attitude westerners have towards Muslims in gereral, etc.

****DON'T GET ME WRONG I DO NOT CONDONE ANY TERRORISTIC VIOLENCE****

Just saying that you do not, and should not claim to, see things things through their eyes.

Count Alex's Losses
02-10-2006, 01:12 PM

I know I would laugh my ass off.

Simplex3
02-10-2006, 01:15 PM
You also have to consider their perspective, I bet middle eastern muslims feel like they are being globaly oppressed. Look at the reaction to the election results in palistine, the general attitude westerners have towards Muslims in gereral, etc.

Just saying that you do not, and should not claim to, see things things through their eyes.
That's the point, it's not our job to see things through their eyes. It is impossible to enforce a right to not be offended. You simply cannot do it. Add to that the fact that these guys WANT to be offended (or at least act as if they were) so that they can create fear.

BTW, most of the morons out rioting didn't show up until they were told to by a church elder. Religion of peace my a**.

Troy1220
I like how CNN won't run the offensive Muhammed cartoon, but they have no problem what so ever running these pictures of the Virgin Mary in a bucket of piss.

Frankie
Ok, this stated all the hoopla???

Thanks for the pic Simplex.

I think this one actualy:
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=53283&stc=1

And to be honest with you it's extremely offensive. Even to me and I'm not religious.

Smed1065
02-10-2006, 01:16 PM
Really have to take the cartoons the way they are suppose to be. I would not be offended with a cartoon with Jesus, he has a sense of humor too. I hope!

Frankie
02-10-2006, 01:17 PM
I like this one.
Me too. It has a very clever point

Simplex3
02-10-2006, 01:18 PM
I like how CNN won't run the offensive Muhammed cartoon, but they have no problem what so ever running these pictures of the Virgin Mary in a bucket of piss.
That's easy, Christians won't kidnap and behead their reporters.

Maybe Christians should start, though. :shrug:

Rain Man
02-10-2006, 01:20 PM
I thought the Hitler-Anne Frank counter-cartoon (which was shown on TV last night, by the way) was an interesting indicator of the thought processes over there. They just can't get off the Jewish thing, and they for some reason can't get it through their heads that 95 percent of Americans and other westerners are not Jewish.

Ebolapox
02-10-2006, 01:21 PM
ya know, I don't think they have ANY idea what they're up against

I mean... seriously... the last time someone who was a member of christianity got pissed, 6 million jews died... (hitler's theology/ideology was very mixed with catholocism)

I mean... sh*t... anyone remember the inquisition??

do those f*ckers realize that friday the 13th is an 'unlucky' day due to a pope deciding he wanted people's land/money, so he had them all MURDERED on a friday the thirteenth in like 12 or 1300?!?

do those mongoloids realize that even MORE millions of jews were killed for NO F*CKING REASON during the middle ages by the catholic church?!?

I mean... seriously... NO religion has even HALF as much blood on their hands as christianity does--they're still rank amateurs when it comes to bloodshed..

they do NOT know who they FU*KING WITH

-EB-

Rain Man

Ditto. That one was thought-provoking and clever.

Boon

lmao

Wish I was proficient in PhotoChop.

mike_b_284
BTW, most of the morons out rioting didn't show up until they were told to by a church elder. Religion of peace my a**.

And you know this how?

-devil's advocate

Count Alex's Losses
02-10-2006, 01:24 PM
I mean... seriously... the last time someone who was a member of christianity got pissed, 6 million jews died...

Whoa. So, just yesterday?

Simplex3
02-10-2006, 01:24 PM
they do NOT know who they FU*KING WITH

-EB-
I disagree, I think they're still pissed off about the getting their asses handed to them during the Crusades. Before that debacle they were the top of the math, art, and culture food chain. Afterwards they became the scum that clings to the toilet above the water line and takes forever to get rid of.

Ebolapox
02-10-2006, 01:27 PM
Whoa. So, just yesterday?

I'm talking seriously pissed... I mean, I'd assume he was seriously pissed/f*cked up in the head to kill 6 million people

-EB-

mike_b_284
02-10-2006, 01:30 PM
There is a nation of islam temple on Quindaro, I bet you won't go down there and stand on you christian soapbox.

greg63
02-10-2006, 02:01 PM
I'm talking seriously pissed... I mean, I'd assume he was seriously pissed/f*cked up in the head to kill 6 million people

-EB-

This was indeed wrong and nothing or no one can seriously condone it, but did not come about as a result of a political cartoon.

greg63
02-10-2006, 02:04 PM

And to be honest with you it's extremely offensive. Even to me and I'm not religious.

I agree Frankie it is very offensive, but is not a legitimate reason for violence.

ENDelt260
02-10-2006, 02:09 PM
Oh, well heck... that's Latt's av. I didn't even realize what it was.

That's a terrible cartoon. And I don't mean terrible like offensive... I mean... it's shitty.

ENDelt260
02-10-2006, 02:10 PM
It wouldn't be an international news story for weeks, I know that.

I bet in five seconds on google I can find multiple Jesus cartoons that are funnier and more offensive than that lame piece of shit.

unlurking
02-10-2006, 02:11 PM
I thought there were a total of about 12 cartoons in a single spread? A thread in the DC forums has some links.

Anyway, I guess they'll be allowed to air this episode of South Park on Al Jazeera (sp?).

Bloody Mary (http://www.southparkstudios.com/downloads/display_video.php?ep_number=914&ep_name=Bloody%20Mary&vid=http://images.southparkstudios.com/media/video/914/914_cardinal_bloodied_QT7.mov&vid_name=Cardinal%20Examines%20the%20Statue%20(High%20Quality%20QT7%20version))

Edited link, sorry

Cochise
02-10-2006, 02:13 PM
That's not the main one. The one where he has flies for a beard is a lot more offensive.

The main issue is that under Islamic law there aren't supposed to be any images of the Prophet of ANY kind.

ENDelt260
02-10-2006, 02:15 PM
There is a nation of islam temple on Quindaro, I bet you won't go down there and stand on you christian soapbox.
There's a difference between the Nation of Islam and the Islam religion, btw.

Simplex3
02-10-2006, 02:17 PM
And you think that supports YOUR case?

Nobody would do that because you can bet your a** those peace-loving practitioners of the religion of peace would beat your ass.

However, people would feel perfectly comfortable doing that in front of a Christian church.

InChiefsHell
02-10-2006, 02:18 PM
I mean... sh*t... anyone remember the inquisition??

do those f*ckers realize that friday the 13th is an 'unlucky' day due to a pope deciding he wanted people's land/money, so he had them all MURDERED on a friday the thirteenth in like 12 or 1300?!?

do those mongoloids realize that even MORE millions of jews were killed for NO F*CKING REASON during the middle ages by the catholic church?!?

-EB-
I love Catholic haters...

Never heard the Firday the 13th before...From Answers.com:

Origins

The origin of the Friday the 13th superstition has been linked to the belief that there were 13 people at the last supper of Jesus, who was crucified on Good Friday, but it probably originated in medieval times. It has also been linked to the fact that a lunisolar calendar must have 13 months in some years, while the solar Gregorian calendar and lunar Islamic calendar always have 12 months in a year. Another suggestion is that the belief originated in a Norse myth about twelve gods having a feast in Valhalla. The mischievous Loki gate-crashed the party as an uninvited 13th guest and arranged for Hod, the blind god of darkness, to throw a branch of mistletoe at Balder, the god of joy and gladness. Balder was killed instantly and the Earth was plunged into darkness and mourning as a result.

Some also say that the arrest of Jaques de Molay, Grand Master of the Knights Templar, and 60 of his senior knights on Friday, October 13, 1307 by King Philip IV of France, is the origin of this superstition. That day thousands of Templars were arrested and subsequently tortured. They then 'confessed' and were executed. From that day on, Friday the 13th was considered by followers of the Templars as an evil and unlucky day.

Where you getting your info? Seriously, I gotta know how and when the Catholic Church killed *Millions* of Jews in the middle ages...

Simplex3
02-10-2006, 02:19 PM
That's not the main one. The one where he has flies for a beard is a lot more offensive.

The main issue is that under Islamic law there aren't supposed to be any images of the Prophet of ANY kind.
Yeah, sure. That must be something recently discoverd because they used to do paintings of Muhammed hundreds of years ago.

Cochise
02-10-2006, 02:20 PM
Yeah, sure. That must be something recently discoverd because they used to do paintings of Muhammed hundreds of years ago.

I don't think that is a new rule.

jjjayb
02-10-2006, 02:20 PM

Well it's a good thing a Muslim didn't create the images then. I still find it amusing that these nutbags get all upset over a cartoon depicting their religion as violent. And how do they show their displeasure? BY COMMITTING ACTS OF VIOLENCE OF COURSE! :banghead:

I also find it very amusing that you same douchebags who have had no problem shitting all over Christianity are so quick to defend these wackos and their violent acts.

What the heck is wrong with this country anymore?

Frankie
02-10-2006, 02:41 PM
I agree Frankie it is very offensive, but is not a legitimate reason for violence.
Agreed. But demonstrations are OK to underline that there is a difference between witty editorial cartoons and blatant agitation. Unfortunately religioun mixed with politics makes the chances of peaceful demonstrations almost zero. A shame really. Visible, persistant and peaceful marches would have been a lot more classy and effective form of demonstration to gain sympathy for and understanding of their indignation.

unlurking
02-10-2006, 02:46 PM
Agreed. But demonstrations are OK to underline that there is a difference between witty editorial cartoons and blatant agitation. Unfortunately religioun mixed with politics makes the chances of peaceful demonstrations almost zero. A shame really. Visible, persistant and peaceful marches would have been a lot more classy and effective form of demonstration to gain sympathy for and understanding of their indignation.
And who's fault is that?

ENDelt260
02-10-2006, 02:48 PM
Hahaha... as a matter of fact, I just remembered that on the hard drive of this machine I'm using I have a Jesus cartoon that's funnier and more offensive than the first one posted in this thread.

Damn shame I can't post it on here. It cracks me up when I see it.

FAX
02-10-2006, 02:48 PM
I appreciate the intelligent analysis of both the political and religious aspects of this important question. But for me, ultimately, it just boils down to this; F*ck 'em if they can't take a joke.

FAX

Simplex3
02-10-2006, 02:51 PM
Hahaha... as a matter of fact, I just remembered that on the hard drive of this machine I'm using I have a Jesus cartoon that's funnier and more offensive than the first one posted in this thread.

You're afraid of the Christian riots and being beheaded for your blasphemy?

ENDelt260
02-10-2006, 02:59 PM
You're afraid of the Christian riots and being beheaded for your blasphemy?
Nah... it's got nudity in it. I think a picture of Jesus sticking his erect penis through the hole in the center of his hand might violate the board's rules.

Simplex3
02-10-2006, 03:01 PM
Nah... it's got nudity in it. I think a picture of Jesus sticking his erect penis through the hole in the center of his hand might violate the board's rules.
ROFL

So PM it to me if you would please.

mike_b_284
02-10-2006, 03:01 PM
I am just trying to stir some shit, not defend or claim to know much about any religion. Religions are exactly like gangs as far as I am concerned, powerful, money grubbing, violent, hateful bastards constantly at war with one another.

Yes, you christians too.

Donger
02-10-2006, 03:02 PM

ROFL

He's not holy for nuthin'

ENDelt260
02-10-2006, 03:02 PM
ROFL

So PM it to me if you would please.
Hell, I'll just post a link for everybody.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b66/ENDelt/jesuscoming.jpg

WARNING: Not safe for... anywhere.

Frankie
02-10-2006, 03:03 PM
And who's fault is that?
Religion x Politics. A deadly combination.

JBucc
02-10-2006, 03:09 PM

WARNING: Not safe for... anywhere.Cut his head off!(your's not jesus')
ROFL

Cochise
02-10-2006, 03:10 PM
That ain't right.

Bootlegged
02-10-2006, 03:12 PM
Oh, well heck... that's Latt's av. I didn't even realize what it was.

That's a terrible cartoon. And I don't mean terrible like offensive... I mean... it's shitty.

What?

Radar Chief
02-10-2006, 03:13 PM

ROFL

Jesus: “Come back? Yea, I’ll come back. When I can play the FUGG’N PIANO AGAIN. I’m the only savior that can use his hand as a fugg’n whistle.”

I miss ole Sam, he was a funny fugger.

Brock

That's.....unfortunate.

ENDelt260
What?
Damnit. I swear that was your avatar.

Don't mind me. I've been drinking.

unlurking
02-10-2006, 03:14 PM
Religion x Politics. A deadly combination.
And those who cannot learn to separate them, deadly dumbasses.

beavis
02-10-2006, 03:14 PM
Just thought I'd see who this pisses off.

mike_b_284
02-10-2006, 03:17 PM
buddy christ

ENDelt260
02-10-2006, 03:18 PM
Buddy Christ? C'mon, I posted Jesus masturbating with a nail hole.

Rain Man
02-10-2006, 03:24 PM
Buddy Christ? C'mon, I posted Jesus masturbating with a nail hole.

That's probably worse, I guess.

ENDelt260
02-10-2006, 03:27 PM
That's probably worse, I guess.
I gotta say you're right, though, Rain Man. There's no way some mideast guy could come up with that gem. That's good ole American offensive humor right there.

God bless the USA!

foxman
02-10-2006, 03:49 PM

That is VERY offensive but I am not about to grab a weapon and start killing people.

So, how do I get to your house?

ENDelt260
02-10-2006, 03:53 PM
That is VERY offensive but I am not about to grab a weapon and start killing people.

So, how do I get to your house?
I'm at 7410 Larson Ave in KC. Come and get me motherf*cker.

StcChief
02-10-2006, 05:07 PM
Let's see , if somebody made a cartoon of Jesus with a bomb on his head. Let me think :hmmm:. Yep. I would break out tha AK-47 and start shooting everybody, I would recruit Taco John for a suicide bombing mission and then I would crash a Jet Liner into invesco field.
ROFL ROFL

mike_b_284
02-10-2006, 05:08 PM

But you probably won't find him there. He is more likley to be hanging out in front of a weight watchers hitting on plumpers or at a pet store picking out gerbils.

DJJasonp
02-10-2006, 05:33 PM
I cant take credit for this as it was written by Neal Boortz (not sure what paper, website, or whatever)...but I find it interesting....sorry if a re-post:

Muslim outrage huh.* OK ... let's do a little historical review.* Just some lowlights:
Muslims fly commercial airliners into buildings in New York City.* No Muslim outrage.
Muslim officials block the exit where school girls are trying to escape a burning building because their faces were exposed.* No Muslim outrage.
Muslims cut off the heads of three teenaged girls on their way to school in Indonesia.* A Christian school.* No Muslim outrage.
Muslims murder teachers trying to teach Muslim children in Iraq.* No Muslim outrage.
Muslims murder over 80 tourists with car bombs outside cafes and hotels in Egypt.* No Muslim outrage.
A Muslim attacks a missionary children's school in India.* Kills six.* No Muslim outrage.
Muslims slaughter hundreds of children and teachers in Beslan, Russia.* Muslims shoot children in the back.* No Muslim outrage.
Let's go way back.* Muslims kidnap and kill athletes at the Munich Summer Olympics.* No Muslim outrage.
Muslims fire rocket-propelled grenades into schools full of children in Israel.* No Muslim outrage.
Muslims murder more than 50 commuters in attacks on London subways and busses.* Over 700 are injured.* No Muslim outrage.
Muslims massacre dozens of innocents at a Passover Seder.* No Muslim outrage.
Muslims murder innocent vacationers in Bali.* No Muslim outrage.
Muslim newspapers publish anti-Semitic cartoons.* No Muslim outrage
Muslims are involved, on one side or the other, in almost every one of the 125+ shooting wars around the world.* No Muslim outrage.
Muslims beat the charred bodies of Western civilians with their shoes, then hang them from a bridge.* No Muslim outrage.
Newspapers in Denmark and Norway publish cartoons depicting Mohammed.* Muslims are outraged.
Dead children.* Dead tourists.* Dead teachers.* Dead doctors and nurses.* Death, destruction and mayhem around the world at the hands of Muslims .. no Muslim outrage ... but publish a cartoon depicting Mohammed with a bomb in his turban and all hell breaks loose.
Come on, is this really about cartoons?* They're rampaging and burning flags.* They're looking for Europeans to kidnap.* They're* threatening innkeepers and generally raising holy Muslim hell not because of any outrage over a cartoon.* They're outraged because it is part of the Islamic jihadist culture to be outraged.* You don't really need a reason.* You just need an excuse.* Wandering around, destroying property, murdering children, firing guns into the air and feigning outrage over the slightest perceived insult is to a jihadist what tailgating is to a Steeler's fan.
I know and understand that these bloodthirsty murderers do not represent the majority of the world's Muslims.* When, though, do they become outraged?* When do they take to the streets to express their outrage at the radicals who are making their religion the object of worldwide hatred and ridicule?* Islamic writer Salman Rushdie wrote of these silent Muslims* in a New York Times article three years ago.* "As their ancient, deeply civilized culture of love, art and philosophical reflection is hijacked by paranoiacs, racists, liars, male supremacists, tyrants, fanatics and violence junkies, why are they not screaming?"**
Indeed.* Why not?*

Ultra Peanut
02-10-2006, 05:56 PM
"We are not terrorists, damnit! FOR THIS, YOU SHALL BURN!"

Ultra Peanut
02-10-2006, 05:57 PM

WARNING: Not safe for... anywhere.Wow.

Jesus is hardcore.

Count Alex's Losses
02-10-2006, 06:02 PM

Oh good lord! ROFL

Smed1065
02-10-2006, 06:14 PM
I am offended by religion and politics , so when you mix them together its a no win situation. Two evils do not make a good.

Simplex3
02-10-2006, 06:15 PM
I cant take credit for this as it was written by Neal Boortz (not sure what paper, website, or whatever)...but I find it interesting....sorry if a re-post:
http://boortz.com/nuze/200602/02032006.html

mike_b_284
02-10-2006, 06:27 PM
So Muslims are the only people who commit terrible acts. It's so clear now, thank you.

DIE YOU FILTHY MUSLIM BASTARDS

your and idiot

cookster50
02-10-2006, 06:31 PM

I bet that is Phobia's address!

Smed1065
02-10-2006, 06:39 PM
Really ? :)

Rain Man
02-10-2006, 06:40 PM
I gotta say you're right, though, Rain Man. There's no way some mideast guy could come up with that gem. That's good ole American offensive humor right there.

God bless the USA!

The whole reason that we're a superpower is our creativity and ingenuity. They can't compete with that.

Skip Towne
02-10-2006, 06:46 PM
So Muslims are the only people who commit terrible acts. It's so clear now, thank you.

your and idiot
Your and n00b.

Dave Lane
02-10-2006, 06:46 PM

How about Mohammed ****ing a pig?

Dave

Rain Man
02-10-2006, 06:47 PM
How about Mohammed ****ing pig?

Dave

That would anger both the Islamists and the Porcinists.

cookster50
02-10-2006, 06:52 PM
How about Mohammed ****ing a pig?

Dave

Every resident of Arkansas would be offended.

Simplex3
02-10-2006, 06:56 PM

your and idiot
Name another religion that is on one side or the other of over 100 of the current ~125 shooting wars worldwide.

Name another religion that captured and beheaded even ONE person last year.

Name another religion that has moved in large number into a foreign country and then began to demand the country conform to them, often rioting and destroying property when they don't get their way.

Enough said.

Ultra Peanut
02-10-2006, 06:59 PM
Name another religion that has moved in large number into a foreign country and then began to demand the country conform to them, often rioting and destroying property when they don't get their way.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crusades

Simplex3
02-10-2006, 07:02 PM

Valiant
02-10-2006, 07:23 PM
http://www.tshirthell.com/shirts/products/a490/a490.gif

http://www.tshirthell.com/store/product.php?productid=332

http://www.tshirthell.com/store/product.php?productid=367

http://www.tshirthell.com/store/product.php?productid=587

Valiant
02-10-2006, 07:25 PM
http://www.tshirthell.com/store/product.php?productid=332

Valiant
02-10-2006, 07:26 PM
http://www.tshirthell.com/store/product.php?productid=587

Valiant
02-10-2006, 07:27 PM
Why the hell are the other image tags not working???

Ultra Peanut
02-10-2006, 07:40 PM
Because you touch yourself at night.

Smed1065
02-10-2006, 07:43 PM
Must have after the first post whacked or :bong:

Rain Man
02-10-2006, 07:55 PM

Okay, name two.

Frankie
02-10-2006, 07:59 PM
And those who cannot learn to separate them, deadly dumbasses.
Did you hear that RNC? :p

Lonewolf Ed
02-10-2006, 08:05 PM
Speaking as a Christian I wouldn't react with violence.

Same here. These muslims who got all stirred up over the cartoon get all stirred up over anything that they possibly can. I do not believe the concept of creative hobbies is comprehensible to them. "I rage and destroy, therefore, I am" seems to be their motto.

Frankie
02-10-2006, 08:05 PM

Man! I'm offended by that just as much as the one I posted. And I reiterate, I'm not religious.

Frankie
02-10-2006, 08:17 PM
FYI. Somewhat related to the discussion here:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060210/ap_on_re_mi_ea/malaysia_khatami

Rain Man
02-10-2006, 08:18 PM
Same here. These muslims who got all stirred up over the cartoon get all stirred up over anything that they possibly can. I do not believe the concept of creative hobbies is comprehensible to them. "I rage and destroy, therefore, I am" seems to be their motto.

Perhaps we should introduce stamp collecting to the Muslim world. If given the choice between collecting stamps and blowing myself up in a crowded restaurant, I'd choose stamp collecting every time.

DJJasonp
02-10-2006, 08:20 PM
Perhaps we should introduce stamp collecting to the Muslim world. If given the choice between collecting stamps and blowing myself up in a crowded restaurant, I'd choose stamp collecting every time.

Yeah, but stamp collecting doesnt get you 70 virgins.....or however many it is this week...

Rain Man
02-10-2006, 08:23 PM
Yeah, but stamp collecting doesnt get you 70 virgins.....or however many it is this week...

True, but blowing yourself up doesn't get you the entire series of 1903-1906 presidential two-centers.

StcChief
02-10-2006, 08:54 PM

They miss pronounced it...

That's 72 Virginians, waiting to stomp their a$$.

Smed1065
02-10-2006, 09:57 PM
They miss pronounced it...

That's 72 Virginians, waiting to stomp their a$$.

Hell Ya! Too funny.

Hydrae
02-10-2006, 10:39 PM
Where you getting your info? Seriously, I gotta know how and when the Catholic Church killed *Millions* of Jews in the middle ages...

I don't have the information at my fingertips and am about to leave to go home for the night (YEAH!) but there were many purges of Jews in the Middle Ages. In particular, read some history of the black plague. A lot of people blamed that on the Jews and there were whole towns that wiped out every Jew in them. Don't know if it equaled millions but it would not surprise me.

Hydrae
02-10-2006, 10:43 PM
I don't have the information at my fingertips and am about to leave to go home for the night (YEAH!) but there were many purges of Jews in the Middle Ages. In particular, read some history of the black plague. A lot of people blamed that on the Jews and there were whole towns that wiped out every Jew in them. Don't know if it equaled millions but it would not surprise me.

Quick google search turned up this site (http://www.jewishhistory.org.il/1340.htm) . Pretty sorry stuff.

mike_b_284
02-10-2006, 11:26 PM
I have also heard that the jews introduced modern terrorism to the middle east when they took over palastine. Don't forget the Irish, Stalin, about a dozen African civil wars, tribal warfare in south america, etc. I will reiterate, I am not defending these people, I just don't feel the need to blame a religion for a minority of it's followers actions. Please provide proof that the church elders (or whatever) tell every muslim to go suicide bomb their local eatery. That is like saying all catholics are pedofiles because of the actions of a small (highly publicized) minority.

Pitt Gorilla
02-10-2006, 11:35 PM
I remember when the religious nuts were upset with Maplethorpe's work. Give them credit though, they didn't kill anyone.

Similar to what was noted in the thread starter, Americans just aren't going to get too upset. I mean, we embrace off-color humor. See: Family Guy, South Park, etc.

greg63
02-10-2006, 11:37 PM

Ditto. That one was thought-provoking and clever.

I thought so too. :thumb:

greg63
02-10-2006, 11:51 PM

...Agreed.

greg63
02-11-2006, 12:10 AM
I believe you but that doesn't mean any of it is rightExcept you were also drawing a comparison between the way Christians might react to that which is offensive and the violence incurred at the hands of these extremist, so called, Muslims.

What I think is wrong is to lump all those of the Muslim faith together with those who are actually acting in a way that, to my limited knowledge and understanding, is contrary to what the Muslim faith teaches. It would be like lumping all Christians in with right winged, so called, Christian fundamentalist who would justify the taking of human life with blowing up abortion clinics because they perform abortions. I don't like abortion either, but I am also against murder.

Ebolapox
02-11-2006, 12:20 AM
I love Catholic haters...

Never heard the Firday the 13th before...From Answers.com:

to be totally honest, I'm not a catholic 'hater' by any stretch of the imagination--some of their actions are VERY questionable, and let's be honest--if you know ANY history of the catholic church, you'd know that I didn't even put what I'd consider one of the worst stains on the proverbial dinner jacket that is the catholic church, the fact that there was a pope who had sex with THREE generations of HIS OWN FAMILY (his mother, his mistress/'wife', and her daughter, which was HIS DAUGHTER)

(the pope I'm referring to is Pope Alexander VI--this is an excerpt from "The Last Pope" by John Hogue)

Alexander is perhaps the only pope in history who had carnal relations with three generations of his own family: his daughter, her mother and her grandmother. His most notorious orgy, called the Joust of the Whores, took place late on an October night in 1501. Burchard describes in his diary how the pope, invited by Lucrezia, entered a banquet hall with Cesare crowded with 50 of Rome's finest Whores. The strumpets were made to dance before them. As the honored guests dined, stripping meat off the bone and munching it down with a wine chaser, the whores began carefully stripping off their clothes, until they were draped completely naked about the table of the pope and his son, as "dessert." With passions dissipated, all around the reverent hussies bent naked knees to the floor as the Borgia pope cast showers of chestnuts, like holy water, upon the groveling mass of squealing woman flesh

the friday the thirteenth was in relation to the templars being arrested/murdered on friday the thirteenth--which was also, I should point out, not solely king philip IV's doing--it was condoned by the pope (who, if memory serves, signed the 'warrants' condoning the actions)

...you weren't aware that one of the main inquisitions in europe was against people of jewish descent, aka jews?? ever hear the term 'ghetto'?? it's what the section of VERY run down 'real estate' where thousands if not hundreds of thousands of jews were stuffed like sardines while awaiting 'interrogation,' aka torture, at the hands of the inquisitors--for nothing more than the crime of being jewish

sh*t, hitler had NOTHING on the catholic church--as a matter of fact, catholocism is where he even got his idea of anti-semitism in the first place

http://www.remember.org/History.root.classical.html

The Inquisition was a tribunal established in the Middle Ages (13th Cent.) by the Catholic Church in Rome designed to suppress heresy. In 1233, Pope Gregory IX formally established the papal Inquisition and sent Dominican friars to South France and Northern Italy to conduct inquests. The Dominican order had set as one of their goals the conversion of Jews to Christianity. This aim, backed by the power of the Inquisition, brought on a wave of persecution.

Torture was not an approved method of extracting confessions of guilt from heretics, yet it was practiced and finally approved by Pope Innocent IV. The goal of the Inquisition was not the destruction of the heretics but rather their repentance. Burning at the stake was not common. The ordinary penalties were penance, fines and imprisonment. Penalties were often carried out by the local government, especially the death penalty. Because the fines extracted and the property of the accused were turned over to the local government which often returned a portion to the Church, graft, bribery and blackmail were common.

The church rulers were often satisfied with assurances of goodwill. The secular rulers, however, used the persecution of heresy as a weapon to further their own designs.

Unlike the Medieval Inquisition, the Spanish Inquisition was established in 1478 by King Ferdinand and Queen Isabella with only the reluctant approval of Pope Sixtus IV. The Roman Church's only hold over the Spanish Inquisition was the appointment of the inquisitor general, the first of which was Tom_s de Torquemada. The popes never reconciled themselves to the practices of that inquisition. Attempts by Sixtus IV to interfere with an inquisition that had become too severe were thwarted by Ferdinand and Isabella who now had a potent tool to subvert the population of Spain.

"The purpose of the Spanish Inquisition was to discover and punish converted Jews (and later Muslims) who were insincere. However, all Spaniards began to fear its prying eyes. The death penalty was used more often than in the Roman Inquisition, and rules that condemned one for heresy were far stricter, often outlawing things the Roman Church approved.

"For centuries, the Jewish community in Spain had flourished and grown in numbers and influence, though anti-Semitism had from time to time made itself felt and pressure to convert was brought to bear on the Jews. Nominal converts from Judaism were called Marranos (Jews who had been baptized under duress, but were believed to be still surreptitiously practicing Judaism). After... the marriage of Ferdinand and Isabella (1469), the Marranos were denounced as a danger to the existence of Christian Spain." Suspected Marranos were tortured until they confessed to practicing Judaism, and then were burned to death en masse at an auto-da-fe.

After some fourteen years of torture and death by burning, in 1492, by edict, the Spanish Jews were given the choice of exile or baptism. Almost all Jews chose to leave at this time.

-EB-

Ultra Peanut
02-11-2006, 12:28 AM
Similar to what was noted in the thread starter, Americans just aren't going to get too upset. I mean, we embrace off-color humor. See: Family Guy, South Park, etc.Well, some of us...

chubychecker
02-11-2006, 01:07 AM
"Please provide proof that the church elders (or whatever) tell every muslim to go suicide bomb their local eatery."

Show me some instances where the church elders are speaking out against all of the senseless violence. To me staying silent does not mean they don't agree with it; if anything it suggests they condone it.

greg63
02-11-2006, 01:21 AM
"Please provide proof that the church elders (or whatever) tell every muslim to go suicide bomb their local eatery."

Show me some instances where the church elders are speaking out against all of the senseless violence. To me staying silent does not mean they don't agree with it; if anything it suggests they condone it.

"All that is required for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

go bowe
02-11-2006, 01:25 AM
what kind of name is uther, anyways?

can he play de?

alanm
02-11-2006, 01:38 AM
Your post reminded me of a article I read the other day.

http://www.spectator.org/dsp_article.asp?art_id=9390

The Current Crisis
Angry Young Men
By R. Emmett Tyrrell, Jr.
Published 2/9/2006 12:08:32 AM

WASHINGTON -- Contemplate this: A Danish newspaper in September publishes some cartoons of the Prophet Mohammad. Four months later Muslims, mostly Arab, get wind of this event and riot, burning Danish flags, and attacking embassies, mostly Danish, but thus far also an Austrian Embassy. Apparently geography is one of the many subjects not studied very attentively in Arab schools. At any rate, as the riots intensify local governments can apparently do nothing. Most of these governments, for instance the Syrian, are famously repressive. Yet in this instance they are impotent against the dirty-necked galoots burning flags and howling in the streets of their cities. Some of the governments issue diplomatic demands to the Danish government.

Now here is the kicker. From Tehran comes word that Iran's best-selling newspaper, Hamshahri, has announced a cartoon competition. The cartoon competition will endeavor to find the best cartoon about the Holocaust. You might well ask: How did the Holocaust become entoiled in this controversy? What do six million murdered Jews have to do with Danish cartoonists depicting a Prophet who lived 1,400 years ago? Officials at the Iranian newspaper also dragged America and Israel into their rants. Are America and Israel the real powers behind Denmark?

Analysis of this irrational outburst will continue for weeks. Already the point has been made that there are depictions of the Prophet Mohammad in museums throughout the world and that many of the depictions were created by pious Muslims. So the claims that it is sacrilegious to depict the Prophet are nonsense. And the point has been made that throughout Islam's long history Muslims have joked about religion. So the claims that it is sacrilegious to joke about Islam are nonsense.

Other earnest analysts will tussle with the chronology of these events, the persona involved, and their various explications of the cartoons, of the demonstrations, and, who knows, possibly of the attack on the Austrian Embassy. Back in Tehran, editors at Hamshahri might wonder aloud: "Did not the demonstrators know that the Austrian Embassy is sacred soil? Was not the late Adolf Hitler an Austrian before he met his 72 maidens?" But there is a larger matter to contend with as the mobs of young men rage through the streets, even trying to mount their protests in places such as London. That is that Islam, particularly Islam as practiced in Arab countries, embraces a vast number of very angry young men.

The Islamicist agitators have two sources of power: the lone terrorist willing to blow himself up, and the mob of young men willing to riot. It is these two instrumentalities that the Islamicist leaders rely on to acquire influence and power. These two instrumentalities are alarming, but take heart. They are also the conditions of a decadent, dysfunctional culture. Death and destruction do not create civilizations or prosperous societies or even a conquering army. Frankly, though I am no theologian, I doubt they can create heaven on earth. They are the death rattle of a dead culture.

Why so many of the countries dominated by Islam are in such a heap is a good question. Economists claim that it is because Islam does not encourage entrepreneurship. Neoconservatives argue that these countries have been denied democracy because of the rule of tyrants. And there are sociologists who perceive a deeper cause, the ancient patriarchy of these countries.

In places such as Syria, which is mostly Arab, and Iran, which is not, old men rule their families and their clans. They keep women and girls in the background. They keep young men in inferior status, despite the young men's talents and energies. The consequence is a lot of angry, frustrated young men. Such young men are available for riot at the drop of a...well, at the drop of a cartoon.

Whether the economists are right in their analysis or the Neocons or the sociologists, or any other gogues that might offer up an analysis, one thing is eminently clear. The peoples in such a rage over Danish cartoonists are a deeply troubled people. They are incapable of reason or even of governing themselves. They are the enemy of civilization, whether it be Western civilization or some civilized order that might emerge in the Middle East. I hope the Europeans who have been so critical of our military action in Iraq and Afghanistan take note. The Islamofascists are as great a danger as was Hitler, who left Europe in the kind of desolate chaos that the Islamofascists adumbrate.

R. Emmett Tyrrell, Jr. is the founder and editor in chief of The American Spectator, a contributing editor to the New York Sun, and an adjunct scholar at the Hudson Institute. His latest book is Madame Hillary: The Dark Road to the White House (Regnery Publishing).

alanm
02-11-2006, 01:51 AM
Just thought I'd see who this pisses off.
I certainly can't speak for the Lord. But I think he'd get a kick out of this one. ROFL

InChiefsHell
02-11-2006, 11:47 AM
to be totally honest, I'm not a catholic 'hater' by any stretch of the imagination--some of their actions are VERY questionable, and let's be honest--if you know ANY history of the catholic church, you'd know that I didn't even put what I'd consider one of the worst stains on the proverbial dinner jacket that is the catholic church, the fact that there was a pope who had sex with THREE generations of HIS OWN FAMILY (his mother, his mistress/'wife', and her daughter, which was HIS DAUGHTER)

(the pope I'm referring to is Pope Alexander VI--this is an excerpt from "The Last Pope" by John Hogue)

the friday the thirteenth was in relation to the templars being arrested/murdered on friday the thirteenth--which was also, I should point out, not solely king philip IV's doing--it was condoned by the pope (who, if memory serves, signed the 'warrants' condoning the actions)

...you weren't aware that one of the main inquisitions in europe was against people of jewish descent, aka jews?? ever hear the term 'ghetto'?? it's what the section of VERY run down 'real estate' where thousands if not hundreds of thousands of jews were stuffed like sardines while awaiting 'interrogation,' aka torture, at the hands of the inquisitors--for nothing more than the crime of being jewish

sh*t, hitler had NOTHING on the catholic church--as a matter of fact, catholocism is where he even got his idea of anti-semitism in the first place

http://www.remember.org/History.root.classical.html

-EB-

Don't get me wrong, I'm not thrilled with much of what was done in history in the name of the Church. I have always known that the Church has had bad priests, bishops, popes etc. The sins of these men do not outweigh the value of the Church, or it's rightousness, any more than slavery or the slaughter of Indians takes away from the value and greatness of America. It is history, and must not be ignored, but it does not render the Church evil. Just some of the men who have run it over the years.

The Inquisition was set up by the church to weed out false accusations of heresy. More people were aquitted of heresy than were convicted of it, because of the Inquisition. I just read a bunch on this recently, and I am trying to find a good link for that. The point is, the Inquisition was a good idea that had gone bad in many cases, but history has chosen to focus on the bad side of it.

This link is to the Catholic response. Obviously, it will be considered biased, but I think you will find it to be a solid read on the subject:
http://www.catholic.com/library/inquisition.asp

It's about a page long, and is geared toward conversing with Fundamentalists who are trying to prove the illigitimacy of the Church. I don't think that you are one of those, btw.

If nothing else, it provides a different viewpoint than one most are used to.

dtebbe
02-11-2006, 12:04 PM
The only people they'll piss off is southern baptists... but who really cares, they're always pissed off anyway...

DT

KC Kings
02-11-2006, 01:12 PM

There is a difference between trying to be funny, and trying to piss somebody off though. I don't condone the violence, but the Islam cartoons were typlical political cartoons and were in no way humorous. They were meant to piss off the opposition, and for some reason the world is surprised that reaction of 3rd world Muslim extremist is different than the Rebublican party.

I just saw the "Passion of Benny Hill" the other day, and I didn't laugh but it was pretty humorous.

Calcountry
02-11-2006, 02:44 PM
It is poking fun at the messiah of their religion. How do you think the Christian community would react to cartoons depicting Jesus in an offensive manner?No, it is not "how do you think we WOULD react" as in, it never happens like this. But, present tense, How DO WE react to repeated disrespectfullness by society in general?

We go out, hi jack planes, and fly them into buildings.

ROFL there is no comparison.

Calcountry
02-11-2006, 02:45 PM

Look it up, they both happened.You got that smiley faced Jesus pointing at you or the Church sign generator?

It happens continuously, and you don't see me threatening to kill any of you?

Calcountry
02-11-2006, 02:47 PM
Let's see , if somebody made a cartoon of Jesus with a bomb on his head. Let me think :hmmm:. Yep. I would break out tha AK-47 and start shooting everybody, I would recruit Taco John for a suicide bombing mission and then I would crash a Jet Liner into invesco field.I am quite sure gochiefs could make a good rendition of that right now as we type.

Calcountry
02-11-2006, 02:49 PM

Just saying that you do not, and should not claim to, see things things through their eyes.They are angry, because their God, if he is God, then why hasn't he blessed them as our God has us.

They live in barren wastelands, and are dirt poor, with slums for cities. Only now that technology has brought them so close to us, that they can see all that we have accomplished, they have become jealous to the point of murder. Plain and simple, how i see it.

FAX
02-11-2006, 02:57 PM
They are angry, because their God, if he is God, then why hasn't he blessed them as our God has us.

They live in barren wastelands, and are dirt poor, with slums for cities. Only now that technology has brought them so close to us, that they can see all that we have accomplished, they have become jealous to the point of murder. Plain and simple, how i see it.

All true, Mr. bunnytrdr, although I cannot pretend to know the mind of God.

You did leave out the part, though, about how they are also completely f*cking nuts.

FAX

jjjayb
02-11-2006, 03:14 PM
There is a difference between trying to be funny, and trying to piss somebody off though. I don't condone the violence, but the Islam cartoons were typlical political cartoons and were in no way humorous. They were meant to piss off the opposition, and for some reason the world is surprised that reaction of 3rd world Muslim extremist is different than the Rebublican party.

I just saw the "Passion of Benny Hill" the other day, and I didn't laugh but it was pretty humorous.

Ok. Great. The cartoons were meant to piss them off. Then why are they threatening people other than the guy who wrote the cartoons. Why threaten Americans and French and every other non-muslim country over it?

Because they hate everyone who is not them. They have NO tolerance. I find it so amusing that people like you keep saying Republicans aren't tolerant while wholeheartedly defending the people with the least amount of tolerance I've ever seen.

Frankie
02-11-2006, 03:46 PM
Ok. Great. The cartoons were meant to piss them off. Then why are they threatening people other than the guy who wrote the cartoons. Why threaten Americans and French and every other non-muslim country over it?Because their NJs use this as political version of Football's bulletin board material. They get the masses (normally poor, uneducated and thus religious) all riled up. The very reason that publishing the more offensive of the drawings were STUPID. Freedom of speach notwithstanding.

Simplex3
02-11-2006, 03:50 PM
Because their NJs use this as political version of Football's bulletin board material. They get the masses (normally poor, uneducated and thus religious) all riled up. The very reason that publishing the more offensive of the drawings were STUPID. Freedom of speach notwithstanding.
If you keep posting offensive s**t like this I'm going to get a few hundred of my craziest friends all up in a frenzy and we're going to fly a plane into your house.

Frankie
02-11-2006, 03:55 PM
If you keep posting offensive s**t like this I'm going to get a few hundred of my craziest friends all up in a frenzy and we're going to fly a plane into your house.
My house is ranch. You'd have to fly pretty damn low. :p

Simplex3
02-11-2006, 03:56 PM
My house is ranch. You'd have to fly pretty damn low. :p
STRAIGHT DOWN MUTHER F**KER!!!! ALLAH AKBAR!!!

:cuss:

Frankie
02-11-2006, 03:58 PM
STRAIGHT DOWN MUTHER F**KER!!!! ALLAH AKBAR!!!

:cuss: You'd be hitting tall trees before you even get here.
:p

Simplex3
02-11-2006, 04:01 PM
You'd be hitting tall trees before you even get here.
:p
Hmmm, maybe we'll have to go with Plan B. Several days of rioting and protests followed up by a truck bomb.

Frankie
02-11-2006, 04:09 PM
Hmmm, maybe we'll have to go with Plan B. Several days of rioting and protests followed up by a truck bomb.
See now I have maneuvered you into only one plot, which can be contained. I wish I could rep myself!

Simplex3
02-11-2006, 04:11 PM
See now I have maneuvered you into only one plot, which can be contained. I wish I could rep myself!
Don't worry, we have a Plan C. We all get jobs at your company and slowly demand that it become more friendly to our Islamic culture. HR will put a stop to all showers within weeks. After a while we'll kidnap and behead you.

Frankie
02-11-2006, 04:13 PM
Don't worry, we have a Plan C. We all get jobs at your company and slowly demand that it become more friendly to our Islamic culture. HR will put a stop to all showers within weeks. After a while we'll kidnap and behead you.
Sh#t, I never accounted for THAT! I gotta watch another episode of 24 now.

manchambo
02-11-2006, 04:14 PM

It's on consumptionjunction.com and steakandcheese.com.

Simplex3
02-11-2006, 04:21 PM
Sh#t, I never accounted for THAT! I gotta watch another episode of 24 now.
Oh, so you're watching that incredibly offensive show too?!?! Infidels must die!!!

http://www.defense-update.com/images/rpg-fire-team-Gaza.jpg

FAX
02-11-2006, 04:21 PM
So, anyway, back to the subject of berilium spheres.

Anybody know anything about these? Has anybody ever seen one? Why are they popping up in movie scripts right and left? Are they real? If so, what do they do, exactly?

FAX

Simplex3
02-11-2006, 04:24 PM
So, anyway, back to the subject of berilium spheres.

Anybody know anything about these? Has anybody ever seen one? Why are they popping up in movie scripts right and left? Are they real? If so, what do they do, exactly?

FAX
First, it's "beryllium". Second, make it into a sphere yourself.

http://www.thermalmould.com/Beryllium%20Copper%20TM72Large.jpg

FAX
02-11-2006, 04:32 PM
Wow! Beryllium, huh? Thanks, Mr. Simplex3. I am, without doubt, phonically challenged when it comes to those doggone "y"s and double "ll"s.

So what is the deal with beryllium? Your picture is marvelous in many respects, but does not explain much. Your assistance on this matter is greatly appreciated.

FAX

Simplex3
02-11-2006, 04:45 PM
Wow! Beryllium, huh? Thanks, Mr. Simplex3. I am, without doubt, phonically challenged when it comes to those doggone "y"s and double "ll"s.

So what is the deal with beryllium? Your picture is marvelous in many respects, but does not explain much. Your assistance on this matter is greatly appreciated.

FAX
The photo is actually of beryllium copper, an alloy.

Specifically toward polishing beryllium spheres, it seems that if you want to polish very hard metals, such as beryllium, cryogenic treatment helps reduce the standard deviation of hardness. However, best practices would dictate that you polish them between copper v-grooves with a <1um diamond slurry, perferably oil based. Best finish would be with 0.25um mono, or poly crystal diamond. The v-groove depth should be one third the diameter of the sphere (in your case, about 0.026" deep for a 2mm ball).

http://www.finishing.com/2600-2799/2618.shtml

For general beryllium info look here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beryllium

You know what's really funny? In the next couple of weeks ChiefsPlanet will be one of the few results Google gives for polishing beryllium spheres. ROFL

FAX
02-11-2006, 04:57 PM
Beryllium is an awesome thing, indeed, Mr. Simplex3.

Thanks for your help on this. Apparently, beryllium is used in the manufacture of everything from nuclear reactors and weapons to computer equipment. What I particularly like is that it's electronegativity is 1.57 on the Pauling scale.

Aquamarine and emerald are precious forms of beryl (one source of beryllium). So, when you give your significant other a round cut emerald, you are giving a beryllium sphere!!

FAX

alanm
02-11-2006, 05:34 PM
You know what's really funny? In the next couple of weeks ChiefsPlanet will be one of the few results Google gives for polishing beryllium spheres. ROFL Not to mention the attention of the FBI and DOD. :)

ENDelt260
02-15-2006, 10:19 AM
Not only can they not come up with good humor, they even rip off our lame stuff...

Iranians turn on Danish pastries in cartoon row

Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:11 AM ET10
TEHRAN (Reuters) - Not content with pelting European embassies with petrol bombs to protest against cartoons of the Prophet Mohammad, Iranians have decided to rename the "Danish pastries" relished by this nation of cake lovers.

From now on, the sweet, flaky pastries which dominate the shelves in Iran's cake shops will be known as "Roses of the Prophet Mohammad," the official IRNA news agency reported as pressure on Denmark over the cartoons took on a new dimension.

"No one is allowed to make fun of our beloved and respected Prophet," Hassan Nasserzadeh, a cake-shop owner in central Tehran, told Reuters.

The pastries are baked every day and are not imported or subject to any boycott of Danish goods imposed over the cartoons.

The Iranian move had echoes of the verbal food fight set off by restaurants in the U.S. House of Representatives which renamed "French fries" and "French toast" as "Freedom fries" and "Freedom toast" after France refused to back the U.S.-led invasion of Iraq in 2003.

http://today.reuters.com/news/newsArticle.aspx?type=oddlyEnoughNews&storyID=2006-02-15T141053Z_01_OLI452962_RTRUKOC_0_US-IRAN-PASTRIES.xml

ENDelt260
02-15-2006, 10:20 AM
And, of course, timely as always...

http://www.tshirthell.com/shirts/products/a586/a586.gif

http://www.tshirthell.com/images/a585_new.jpg

MahiMike
02-15-2006, 11:32 AM
Crazy Muslim on the street..., "How dare the infidels make fun of our Messiah as violent! Quick Pushpa, hand me the rocket launcher!"

mike_b_284
02-15-2006, 11:34 AM
Not this thread again.

jspchief
02-15-2006, 11:36 AM
Not only can they not come up with good humor, they even rip off our lame stuff...

http://today.reuters.com/news/newsArticle.aspx?type=oddlyEnoughNews&storyID=2006-02-15T141053Z_01_OLI452962_RTRUKOC_0_US-IRAN-PASTRIES.xml So did we come off looking this stupid with the whole freedom fry thing? Or did the originality count for something?

Dartgod
02-15-2006, 11:42 AM
I'm at **** Larson Ave in KC. Come and get me motherf*cker.Is that who's house I think it is?

HolmeZz
02-15-2006, 11:49 AM
Religion = Biggest Threat to the World.

Der Flöprer
02-15-2006, 12:04 PM
Beryllium is an awesome thing, indeed, Mr. Simplex3.

Thanks for your help on this. Apparently, beryllium is used in the manufacture of everything from nuclear reactors and weapons to computer equipment. What I particularly like is that it's electronegativity is 1.57 on the Pauling scale.

Aquamarine and emerald are precious forms of beryl (one source of beryllium). So, when you give your significant other a round cut emerald, you are giving a beryllium sphere!!

FAX

Since I live in Seattle, does that mean I actually live in "The Beryllium City"?

Taco John
02-15-2006, 12:07 PM
That's the point, it's not our job to see things through their eyes...

...well, unless you're a Christian. Then you're supposed to.

But if you're not Christian, you're not obligated to see things through anyone's eyes but your own.

Taco John
02-15-2006, 12:10 PM
So did we come off looking this stupid with the whole freedom fry thing? Or did the originality count for something?

No, we probably looked more dumb, considering we took it through a house of legislation... :banghead:

ENDelt260
02-15-2006, 12:17 PM
So did we come off looking this stupid with the whole freedom fry thing? Or did the originality count for something?
Freedom Fries weren't exactly original.

ENDelt260
02-15-2006, 12:18 PM
Is that who's house I think it is?
That's just a random address I pulled out of the white pages. Honest. ;)

kaplin42
02-15-2006, 12:24 PM
I know I'm not going to make friends with this one, but....

I have never liked religion. So many wars and so many deaths have all been fought in the name of one god or another. While religions do provide some moral guidance, the guidance isn't something that is a stretch to figure out. Don't kill (which all religions seem to ignore this one when it suits them), don't steal, and be good to your neighbor (just like don’t kill, religions seem to ignore this when they want too). Religion is the worlds oldest, and most profitable business, and by far the most brilliant, you sell something to someone that they can't sense with any of the five normal human senses, and people eat it up.

I find most fanatics of (insert any religion here) to be nothing more than hypocrites. When Christianity/Catholicism says "love thy neighbor" most worshippers follow that creed, until someone different than them moves in next door, then they go ape sh!t. When Muslims say “violence is bad” most abide by it, until some one decides it’s a good idea to run planes into buildings and to start beheading people because they don’t live the same way and follow the same social guidelines.

There may be a god (what ever you would like to call him/her), but religion is man made, and it was made so that man could believe in something else, other than himself. Religion is by far and away, the worst of mans inventions.

Saggysack
02-15-2006, 12:29 PM

I have a feeling I know why it is offensive to you, for the Nazi symbol. Correct?

And I know why it is offensive to some in the ME, not because of the Nazi symbol, but because it is forbidden in Islam to produce images of the Prophet Mohammad. Correct?

Mein Kampf has been one of the best selling books in the Middle East for decades. Correct?

InChiefsHell
02-15-2006, 02:47 PM
I know I'm not going to make friends with this one, but....

I have never liked religion. So many wars and so many deaths have all been fought in the name of one god or another. While religions do provide some moral guidance, the guidance isn't something that is a stretch to figure out. Don't kill (which all religions seem to ignore this one when it suits them), don't steal, and be good to your neighbor (just like don’t kill, religions seem to ignore this when they want too). Religion is the worlds oldest, and most profitable business, and by far the most brilliant, you sell something to someone that they can't sense with any of the five normal human senses, and people eat it up.

I find most fanatics of (insert any religion here) to be nothing more than hypocrites. When Christianity/Catholicism says "love thy neighbor" most worshippers follow that creed, until someone different than them moves in next door, then they go ape sh!t. When Muslims say “violence is bad” most abide by it, until some one decides it’s a good idea to run planes into buildings and to start beheading people because they don’t live the same way and follow the same social guidelines.

There may be a god (what ever you would like to call him/her), but religion is man made, and it was made so that man could believe in something else, other than himself. Religion is by far and away, the worst of mans inventions.

Sigh. Of course, I disagree. The religion is rarely the problem. It is usually the followers of religion who screw stuff up, as cited in your examples above. For instance, Catholics who go against Catholocism. Is that on them or on the religion? Religion is not the problem. People are. So I guess you could say people are by far and away the worst thing to ever happen to...people...

Religion is not man-made, it is man-corrupted. Just like everything else we get our grimey paws on.

jspchief
02-15-2006, 02:52 PM
Sigh. Of course, I disagree. The religion is rarely the problem. It is usually the followers of religion who screw stuff up, as cited in your examples above. For instance, Catholics who go against Catholocism. Is that on them or on the religion? Religion is not the problem. People are. So I guess you could say people are by far and away the worst thing to ever happen to...people...

Religion is not man-made, it is man-corrupted. Just like everything else we get our grimey paws on.Probably true. If they weren't doing it in the name of religion, they'd be doing it in the name of something else.

As for not being man made.... We'll save that for another day.

InChiefsHell
02-15-2006, 03:02 PM
Probably true. If they weren't doing it in the name of religion, they'd be doing it in the name of something else.

As for not being man made.... We'll save that for another day.

Actually, I thought about it after I typed it. Since every religion thinks it is from God, how can they be from God...

...unless of course they are and every religion has people who screw them all up...

...meh. Makes my head hurt. :spock:

Iowanian
02-15-2006, 07:22 PM
If they think They're pissed off now....

Wait until they get a peek at the Cartoon of Allah Being Ass rammed by the Iowa State Fair, Big Boar Champion Cartoon I'm working on....

"allaaaaaaaaaahweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Akbaorrrrrrrr

listopencil
02-15-2006, 07:57 PM

You know what? **** them. Seriously. **** all of them. If they are offended by cartoons, tough shit. No-really. Tough shit. They can choose not to look at the cartoons. There is absolutely no form of non-physical artistic expression that allows violence as a sensible response. None. These assholes are terrorists, nothing more. **** all of them. They can roll up their newspapers and shove them up their asses.

Frankie
02-16-2006, 12:22 PM
If they think They're pissed off now....

Wait until they get a peek at the Cartoon of Allah Being Ass rammed by the Iowa State Fair, Big Boar Champion Cartoon I'm working on....

"allaaaaaaaaaahweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Akbaorrrrrrrr
I don't know if you are religious or not. But Allah=God. The same God you worship. Islam is an Abrahamic religion. Thought I'd save you from doing something ignorant. Only because I like you, Iowanian. ;)

vailpass
02-16-2006, 12:36 PM
I don't no if you are religious or not. But Allah=God. The same God you worship. Islam is an Abrahamic religion. Thought I'd save you from doing something ignorant. Only because I like you, Iowanian. ;)

I don't 'no' (sic) if your turban is wrapped too tight but quit trying to piss on Iowanian's funnies while I'm still belly laughing over them.
The God the extreme muslim whack jobs think is commanding/condoning their insanity is not the same God I, or any other peace loving person of any religion, worship.

The best thing about this cartoon uprising is that the rest of the world is starting to recognize these uneducated animals for what they are: hate driven poor people living in a country with no resources, jobs, or industry other than some liquified dinosaur remains that happen to squirt out of the ground beneath them.

"Rise up O Islam and confront the Great White Satan, that we might be able to see, target, and anihilate your cowardly hide-behind-the-rocks-and-run-when-the-fighting-gets-close asses."

Frankie
02-16-2006, 12:58 PM
I don't 'no' (sic) if your turban is wrapped too tight but quit trying to piss on Iowanian's funnies while I'm still belly laughing over them.
The God the extreme muslim whack jobs think is commanding/condoning their insanity is not the same God I, or any other peace loving person of any religion, worship.
thaks for catching my typo. I have corrected it. As for your other argument, you then by your definiton accept that this God is the same God that Christians went on their bloody Crusades for. Six of one thing or half a dozen of another. Just different parts of history. My argument still holds.

mike_b_284
02-16-2006, 01:31 PM
You know what? **** them. Seriously. **** all of them. If they are offended by cartoons, tough shit. No-really. Tough shit. They can choose not to look at the cartoons. There is absolutely no form of non-physical artistic expression that allows violence as a sensible response. None. These assholes are terrorists, nothing more. **** all of them. They can roll up their newspapers and shove them up their asses.

Who are terrorists? Muslims or the people reacting with violence? The latter I agree with whole-heartedly. Also a good point was made about no outcry from the leaders of the religion. But those of you who are lumping an entire religion together and labeling them terrorist are racist dumbasses.

neg rep at will, it is not going to change my mind, or validate any of these stupid ****ing points.

Iowanian
02-16-2006, 01:33 PM
I think the second cartoon in the series, would depict the "peaceful Iranian" president being teabagged by Muhamed....and the followup, having him humping the donkey, that is pulling the cart full of 7 year old boys Islamists really hope the virgins are, as some washed and shaven ME-ern women are being willingly ravaged by American men on a cloud in the background. They'll be showing faces AND shoulders....that should be enough to get a couple thousand of those savages to off each other.

I'll give alot more credibility to the "mulsim reaction to media" when they refrain from showing videos of the innocent WOMEN and men they've cut the heads off of, and broadcast on the internet and Al JAZera.

Rain Man
02-16-2006, 02:13 PM
The more I think about this, the more I wish that Islamic people would recognize that the problem is not westerners poking fun at the stereotypes of Islam being a religion of terrorists and intolerance, but rather the problem is the people who promote terrorism and intolerance in the name of Islam.

listopencil
02-16-2006, 10:32 PM
But those of you who are lumping an entire religion together and labeling them terrorist are racist dumbasses.

neg rep at will, it is not going to change my mind, or validate any of these stupid ****ing points.

Those of you who are slobbering at the knob of appeasement and ethnic tolerance are not interpreting my remarks correctly.

If you burn churches and kill peope because a cartoon pissed you off, you are a terrorist. It doesn't matter what Supreme Being you try to blame. You're just an ignorant ****bag terrorist and you deserve to be exterminated like the human cockroaches you are.

Rausch
02-16-2006, 10:48 PM
Those of you who are slobbering at the knob of appeasement and ethnic tolerance are not interpreting my remarks correctly.

If you burn churches and kill peope because a cartoon pissed you off, you are a terrorist. It doesn't matter what Supreme Being you try to blame. You're just an ignorant ****bag terrorist and you deserve to be exterminated like the human cockroaches you are.

When you have radical religious leaders on one end and these fruitcakes (http://www.frontpagemag.com/articles/ReadArticle.asp?ID=4934) on the other end you've got a $#itload of kill-eager screws twisting popular opinion...

Rausch
02-16-2006, 10:49 PM

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to listopencil again.

SNR
02-16-2006, 11:25 PM

And to be honest with you it's extremely offensive. Even to me and I'm not religious.What's offensive to me is that little girl on the left of the evil Mohammed just had her period and wasn't provided with adequate protection.

Inspector
02-17-2006, 09:54 AM
Muslims around the world are killing people, destroying property, rioting, and generally causing mahem. We're not talking about a couple of fringe nutcases, but Muslims by the thousands in any given area. This cartoon was nothing but another excuse to do what they were going to do anyway.

I was thinking that it was terrorists who commited the violence - not simply Muslims.

I know that by and large the current population of terrorists are indeed Muslim, I juts don't think that Muslims are all terrorists.

I frequently see things written and hear things said that leads me to believe that there are a lot of people that think if a person is a Muslim then they are by default a terrorists.

Or, maybe I'm just misunderstanding some people sometimes. Which is always a strong possibility.

vailpass
02-17-2006, 11:58 AM

:clap:

Iowanian
02-17-2006, 12:07 PM
More fun from those zany peaceful muslims.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11383819/

Get back to me on the comparisons of religions when the Pope offers a million to kill someone over a CARTOON.

Otter
02-17-2006, 12:26 PM

Get back to me on the comparisons of religions when the Pope offers a million to kill someone over a CARTOON.

It's all fun and games till someone loses an eyeball.

The more I "deal" with muslim freaks the more I'm in favor of pulling out our boys in uniform and dropping a couple a-bombs on the middle east.

Duck Dog
02-17-2006, 12:30 PM
When I start to see an equal amount muslims who aren't chanting death to everyone stand up to those who are, I'll believe it's a peacful religion.

kaplin42
02-17-2006, 12:34 PM
It's all fun and games till someone loses an eyeball.

Then its F'en Hillarious.

Sorry that was a quote from something which I can not remember.

When I start to see an equal amount muslims who aren't chanting death to everyone stand up to those who are, I'll believe it's a peacful religion.

Exactly. Where are the muslims that are opposed to this and believe it to be wrong.

Inspector
02-17-2006, 12:35 PM

These assholes need to be scorched.

I have a couple of friends who are Muslim. They too want to kick these guys asses. They hate terrorists as much as anyone and in these cases, even more so. It makes even the good people who happen to have the same religion look bad - even though the terrorists are not following the Muslim religion at all.

Too bad we can't launch a missles to hit each one of those idiots - one at a time.

And then give a stuffed animal to whoever takes out the most.

vailpass
02-17-2006, 01:12 PM
Who needs cartoons? Here is an actual photo of mohammed ( I can see where you might want to riot over this one):

Duck Dog
02-17-2006, 01:23 PM
I think it would be funnier than hell if Mohammed turned out to be this years most popular holloween costume.

Inspector
02-17-2006, 01:28 PM
I think it would be funnier than hell if Mohammed turned out to be this years most popular holloween costume.

With a missle helmet!! ROFL

Duck Dog
02-17-2006, 01:30 PM
With a missle helmet!! ROFL

And your buddy could dress up like a preditor drone and follow you everywhere.

Otter
02-17-2006, 01:31 PM

ROFL

Donger
02-17-2006, 01:49 PM
Who needs cartoons? Here is an actual photo of mohammed ( I can see where you might want to riot over this one):

Interesting point. It's okay for you to name your kid "Mohammed" but if you make a picture of Mohammed, DEATH TO THE JEWS AND AMERICA!

Rain Man
02-17-2006, 02:17 PM

Two can play at that game. I hereby offer a buck-fifty, plus a piece of Altoids gum that some guy gave me yesterday, to anyone who kills that cleric. Bring me his ears.

Inspector
02-17-2006, 02:30 PM

The Muslim I know is my boss.

Her son is in the service fighting ****ing terrorists as I type...along with my own son.

Where are the news cameras when her family is talking about stomping on the terrorists asses?

Suggesting all Muslim = terrorists might not be as accurate as some think.

It just sounds weird to suggest that someone who is actually holding a gun in their hands, taking aim and firing at terrorists are themselves being called terrorists by some. I don't get it.

I swear, after our country was attacked by terrorists, these Muslims I know were about the most vocal about wanting to kill the bastards who did it. I've never heard her sound violent until that happened. Her grown son joined the military just so he could get a chance to kill terrorists. Another son of hers was already in the military and requested an opportunity to go kill terrorists.

What I have witnessed does not jive with the idea that all Muslims = terrorists.

And this time, it's not JMHO.

Duck Dog
02-17-2006, 02:30 PM
Two can play at that game. I hereby offer a buck-fifty, plus a piece of Altoids gum that some guy gave me yesterday, to anyone who kills that cleric. Bring me his ears.

Does the gum have any flavor left?

Duck Dog
02-17-2006, 02:35 PM
The Muslim I know is my boss.

Her son is in the service fighting ****ing terrorists as I type...along with my own son.

Where are the news cameras when her family is talking about stomping on the terrorists asses?

It just sounds weird to suggest that someone who is actually holding a gun in their hands, taking aim and firing at terrorists are themselves being called terrorists by some. I don't get it.

I swear, after our country was attacked by terrorists, these Muslims I know were about the most vocal about wanting to kill the bastards who did it. I've never heard her sound violent until that happened. Her grown son joined the military just so he could get a chance to kill terrorists. Another son of hers was already in the military and requested an opportunity to go kill terrorists.

What I have witnessed does not jive with the idea that all Muslims = terrorists.

What I realize is that muslims living and working in America aren't the ones being discussed. But the vocal majority living abroad are exactly what they seem.

Frankie
02-17-2006, 02:41 PM
:lame:

Frankie
02-17-2006, 02:43 PM
:lame:er

Rain Man
02-17-2006, 02:51 PM
Does the gum have any flavor left?

It's completely unchewed. It was rolling around on floorboard of my car yesterday because he gave it to me while I had a soda, so I put it on my car seat and forgot about it, but other than that it's as good as new.

Rain Man
02-17-2006, 02:52 PM
:lame:er

To be honest, I thought that one was pretty funny.

Frankie
02-17-2006, 02:55 PM
Interesting point. It's okay for you to name your kid "Mohammed" but if you make a picture of Mohammed, DEATH TO THE JEWS AND AMERICA!
In Islam worshipping a picture is the same as worshipping an idol. After all is this Jesus?

http://www.antinopolis.org/jesus.jpg

Or is this?

http://www.coptic.net/pictures/Icon.ChristTheSavior.gif

vailpass
02-17-2006, 02:57 PM

I have not seen one example of someone stating that all muslims are terrorists yet you are the second person on this thread that thinks there is someone here dumb enough to merit pointing that out.
Still, your point is well presented. Allow me to present a counter-point.

The fact is that while all muslims are not terrorists it is equally true that all terrorists that have currently declared war against the US are muslims. All terrorists who have kidnapped and beheaded innocent civilians recently have been muslims.

All terrorists and other irrational, socially unacceptable people who have recently been rioting, looting, burning because of a CARTOON are muslims. All people who have offered money for the MURDER of the author/s of said cartoon are muslims.

The fact that all muslims are not terrorists does not preclude the fact that at or near 100% of the terrorists currently seeking to harm the US, her allies, and proponents of free speech, freedom of the press, womens' rights, and religious tolerance the world over are muslims.

Inspector
02-17-2006, 02:59 PM
What I realize is that muslims living and working in America aren't the ones being discussed. But the vocal majority living abroad are exactly what they seem.

I agree totally.

The ones abroad who support terrorists activity (and some hear) need to be vaporized.
:thumb:

Frankie
02-17-2006, 03:00 PM
This gotta be one of the dumbest posts you ever posted. How many "Moslems" are there in the world, and how many of them are demonstrating this? Do you have any idea?

Inspector
02-17-2006, 03:02 PM
I have not seen one example of someone stating that all muslims are terrorists yet you are the second person on this thread that thinks there is someone here dumb enough to merit pointing that out.

The fact is that while all muslims are not terrorists it is equally true that all terrorists that have currently declared war against the US are muslims. All terrorists who have kidnapped and beheaded innocent civilians recently have been muslims.

All terrorists and other irrational, socially unacceptable people who have recently been rioting, looting, burning because of a CARTOON are muslims. All people who have offered money for the MURDER of the author/s of said cartoon are muslims.

The fact that all muslims are not terrorists does not preclude the fact that at or near 100% of the terrorists currently seeking to harm the US, her allies, and proponents of free speech, freedom of the press, womens' rights, and religious tolerance the world over.

I agree with this too. 100%

Duck Dog
02-17-2006, 03:11 PM
This gotta be one of the dumbest posts you ever posted. How many "Moslems" are there in the world, and how many of them are demonstrating this? Do you have any idea?

I'll tell you what I don't see, Frankie. I don't see muslims anywhere protesting the ignorant ****wads you call homies. I don't see muslims anywhere denouncing these idiots and calling for an end to the stupidity of rioting over a goddamn cartoon. All I see are appologetic assholes like you spending every waking hour defending the moronic behavior that is going unchecked by the 'millions' of peacful muslims.

No one is suggesting that all muslims are bad. I just stated (in the post you called dumb) that muslims living in America aren't ones being discussed. I don't even really expect them to stand and voice their opinion. What I do expect to see but am not seeing is muslims from abroad standing up against these terrorist assholes.

If muslims living in the countries that are rioting and calling for the heads of comic strip artists are peacful, then why are they not counter-protesting?

I think you should re-read what I wrote.

Donger
02-17-2006, 03:15 PM
In Islam worshipping a picture is the same as worshipping an idol. After all is this Jesus?

http://www.antinopolis.org/jesus.jpg

Or is this?

http://www.coptic.net/pictures/Icon.ChristTheSavior.gif

I wouldn't presume to know.

Ironically, Muslims do, however.

vailpass
02-17-2006, 04:31 PM
I'll tell you what I don't see, Frankie. I don't see muslims anywhere protesting the ignorant ****wads you call homies. I don't see muslims anywhere denouncing these idiots and calling for an end to the stupidity of rioting over a goddamn cartoon. All I see are appologetic assholes like you spending every waking hour defending the moronic behavior that is going unchecked by the 'millions' of peacful muslims.

No one is suggesting that all muslims are bad. I just stated (in the post you called dumb) that muslims living in America aren't ones being discussed. I don't even really expect them to stand and voice their opinion. What I do expect to see but am not seeing is muslims from abroad standing up against these terrorist assholes.

If muslims living in the countries that are rioting and calling for the heads of comic strip artists are peacful, then why are they not counter-protesting?

I think you should re-read what I wrote.

HMMMM.Frankie are you out there?

Frankie
02-17-2006, 05:40 PM

I think you should re-read what I wrote.What was so stupid about your post was your apparent contention that only the 6.6 million Moslems living in North America are the civilized ones. As if somehow by crossing the U.S. borders they underwent a sudden epiphany. The rest (more than 1.5 billion, or 1,500 million plus) are blood thirsty animals. Furthermore, even if I spot you, in favor of your point, the word "majority" that I read in one of your posts (I won't go back and check) your post still wreaks of stupidity. How so? Even giving that particular benefit of the doubt you are telling us that you are witnessing at least 800,000,000 million Moslems violently and actively demonstrating against this. Are you?

And yes Vailpass, I'm here, but unlike you, I have a life and can't stay by the PC continually. Moreover, I have my own opinion and sometimes time is needed to put them in the right words. Quoting someone else's post and calling someone out based on it takes but a minute and any loser can do it. Much less you.

vailpass
02-17-2006, 05:59 PM
And yes Vailpass, I'm here, but unlike you, I have a life and can't stay by the PC continually. Moreover, I have my own opinion and sometimes time is needed to put them in the right words. Quoting someone else's post and calling someone out based on it takes but a minute and any loser can do it. Much less you.

Easy there big guy, you don't need to drag out the old " I have a life outside of the interweb, these goats won't f*ck themselves" excuse just for me.

I quoted Duck's post because I wanted to see how you would answer his question: why aren't the 1 billion plus peaceful muslims you speak of in your post out protesting the violence of their fellow muslims? You yourself say that the vast majority of muslims are peaceful. So why don't they lift a finger to speak out againtst the terrorist behavior of their brethren? Why do they silently stand aside (or join in) while these animals perpetrate monstrous crimes against humanity? Why do they let them keep going when they have to know that one day they will go too far and the sleeping bear will awaken and swat the diseased fly that is islamic terrorism out of existence?

Do you have a response to my post #201 laying out the facts of terrorism as it relates to muslims? I'm curious to hear whether you agree or disagree with my statement.

Frankie
02-17-2006, 06:30 PM
Easy there big guy, you don't need to drag out the old " I have a life outside of the interweb, these goats won't f*ck themselves" excuse just for me.

I quoted Duck's post because I wanted to see how you would answer his question: why aren't the 1 billion plus peaceful muslims you speak of in your post out protesting the violence of their fellow muslims? You yourself say that the vast majority of muslims are peaceful. So why don't they lift a finger to speak out againtst the terrorist behavior of their brethren? Why do they silently stand aside (or join in) while these animals perpetrate monstrous crimes against humanity? Why do they let them keep going when they have to know that one day they will go too far and the sleeping bear will awaken and swat the diseased fly that is islamic terrorism out of existence?

Do you have a response to my post #201 laying out the facts of terrorism as it relates to muslims? I'm curious to hear whether you agree or disagree with my statement.
Just because the majority are peaceful does not mean they don't feel insulted, hurt or offended by the drawings (in this case) or by some other history. Being peaceful means they do not act or condone acting against a wrong by doing more wrong. I'm sure even some moderate to liberal Moslems share at least some feeling of indignity for the relatively recent history of how their cultures, countries, lives might have been trampled on by the so called first world. Unfortunately the wreckless and gun-ho politics of the current administration has not helped to gain support from that very important majority. Instead, it has created a great rise to violence and somewhat blurred the line of judgement by the moderate among the Moslems. All in all though I confidently think that the great majority of the Moslem world disagrees with and is embarrased by the violent tactics of the loud and visible radical minority. Unfortunately, if you are violent, you are more visible than if you are peaceful. And that is what the Moslem world currently suffers from.

listopencil
02-17-2006, 06:37 PM
Just because the majority are peaceful does not mean they don't feel insulted, hurt or offended by the drawings (in this case) or by some other history. Being peaceful means they do not act or condone acting against a wrong by doing more wrong. I'm sure even some moderate to liberal Moslems share at least some feeling of indignity for the relatively recent history of how their cultures, countries, lives might have been trampled on by the so called first world. Unfortunately the wreckless and gun-ho politics of the current administration has not helped to gain support from that very important majority. Instead, it has created a great rise to violence and somewhat blurred the line of judgement by the moderate among the Moslems. All in all though I confidently think that the great majority of the Moslem world disagrees with and is embarrased by the violent tactics of the loud and visible radical minority. Unfortunately, if you are violent, you are more visible than if you are peaceful. And that is what the Moslem world currently suffers from.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke (1729-1797)

Maybe your Islamic "homies" should learn something from Western philosophy.

greg63
02-18-2006, 02:40 AM

The fact that all muslims are not terrorists does not preclude the fact that at or near 100% of the terrorists currently seeking to harm the US, her allies, and proponents of free speech, freedom of the press, womens' rights, and religious tolerance the world over are muslims.

Allow me this one view of dissent, and mind you it is only my opinion, but I don't view anyone who is a terrorist or who associates themselves with terrorist activity is a true Muslim despite what they may claim.

Duck Dog
02-18-2006, 12:15 PM
What was so stupid about your post was your apparent contention that only the 6.6 million Moslems living in North America are the civilized ones. As if somehow by crossing the U.S. borders they underwent a sudden epiphany. The rest (more than 1.5 billion, or 1,500 million plus) are blood thirsty animals. Furthermore, even if I spot you, in favor of your point, the word "majority" that I read in one of your posts (I won't go back and check) your post still wreaks of stupidity. How so? Even giving that particular benefit of the doubt you are telling us that you are witnessing at least 800,000,000 million Moslems violently and actively demonstrating against this. Are you?

Good job thanks for making my point, dumbass. 1.5 billion muslims aren't doing jack shit except sittin on their hands watching their kin act like the barbaric animals they are.

If I were you, I'd pissed off for having to defend them every waking moment.

Frankie
02-18-2006, 01:53 PM
Allow me this one view of dissent, and mind you it is only my opinion, but I don't view anyone who is a terrorist or who associates themselves with terrorist activity is a true Muslim despite what they may claim.
I repeat. I am not very religious. But I know a lot of men and women who I deeply respect who are more conscious of their faith than I. Your point, here, is exactly what they would say. Very thoughtful and astute, greg. :thumb:

Frankie
02-18-2006, 01:57 PM
Good job thanks for making my point, dumbass. 1.5 billion muslims aren't doing jack shit except sittin on their hands watching their kin act like the barbaric animals they are.

If I were you, I'd pissed off for having to defend them every waking moment.
I didn't expect you to GET IT. :rolleyes:

Don't worry, I'm sure there is a parallel universe in which I'M the dumb one and YOU'RE the smart one.