PDA

View Full Version : Hello Olympics or farewell Arrested Development?

Baby Lee
02-10-2006, 03:54 PM
What'll it be for everyone tonight?

chiefs4me
02-10-2006, 03:56 PM
Hello olympics.....and the hockey games start next week....Go USA

Bootlegged
02-10-2006, 03:57 PM
Bleh. Night calls baby.

Skip Towne
02-10-2006, 03:57 PM
:Lin:

chiefs4me
02-10-2006, 04:15 PM

:rolleyes:

:D

POND_OF_RED
02-10-2006, 04:17 PM
Farewell Arrested Development. I didnt even know the olympics were starting...

Baby Lee
02-10-2006, 04:26 PM
It's OK li'l Psi Sr. There'll be other shows. Other shows just as good.

Ultra Peanut
02-10-2006, 04:54 PM
Other shows just as good....

Cave Johnson
02-10-2006, 05:43 PM
Tivo AD, watch it tomorrow when I'm completely sober.

4th and Long
02-10-2006, 05:45 PM
There are people that actually watch Arrested Development?

:D

Ultra Peanut
02-10-2006, 05:58 PM
There are people that actually watch Arrested Development?

:DI know... it's shocking that there are a few million people out there who have good taste.

sedated
02-10-2006, 06:47 PM
what the f*ck is arrested development?

4th and Long
02-10-2006, 06:51 PM
I know... it's shocking that there are a few million people out there who have good taste.
There's no accounting for taste. :p

chiefqueen
02-10-2006, 07:06 PM
OK I just wasted the past hour watching the Olympics which was all talk with a couple of training runs sprinkled in.

Miles
02-10-2006, 07:07 PM
My name is judge.

Pitt Gorilla
02-10-2006, 08:11 PM
I was actually sad after watching the final episode. Any chance it comes back on Showtime?

Miles
02-10-2006, 08:44 PM
ROFL
http://www.strangesports.com/images/content/16643.JPG

KCChiefsFan88
02-11-2006, 12:29 AM
I caught most of the Parade of Nations part of the Olympics Opening Ceremonies (the only part that is halfway interesting IMO).

Kind of interesting, while all the different countries were being introduced, in the stadium they were playing disco music and '80s techno music.

Nothing like watching the Iranian delegation between introduced, to the tune of "Video Killed the Radio Star" in the background to get you into that Olympic spirit

greg63
02-11-2006, 12:32 AM
Man!!! The Olympics started tonight?!:banghead:

Anyong Bluth
02-11-2006, 12:40 AM
AD will most likely end up on another network. Shotime and ABC have a lot of interest in it at this point. ABC may out bid for it, but Shotime has pretty much said it will pimp the show like it deserves to be, pair it with Weeds, and give it full reign for creative license. If even 1/2 of its audience follow it over to cable, the show would be one of the largest smash hits in cable history.

Fox really F*cked up in its promotion, slotting, and faith in the show. shock- not the 1st time.

ZootedGranny
02-11-2006, 07:20 AM
A source deep, deep (like, Anyoung-in-the-walls deep) inside Arrested tells me: "It's 20 percent that it'll come back [on another network]...and 80 percent that it won't."

And that's not for lack of options. After speaking with various reliable sources connected with the show, I can tell you that creator and exec producer Mitch Hurwitz is currently contemplating pickup deals from two networks. ABC has offered a 13-episode season to air on Thursday nights this fall. And an offer from Showtime is for 12 episodes a year for two years, with the option of a third.

By all accounts, Showtime is the more attractive offer, given that it would relieve the ratings pressure that has plagued the show from day one and also allow the cast to work on other projects nine months out of the year. However, for the writers and producers, it would be a similar amount of heavy lifting (especially for Hurwitz, who spearheads each episode from start to finish--'cause, let's face it, you can't delegate genius) for a network that might not have the budget to offer quite so much in return.

So, Hurwitz is...hesitant. That's what I'm told. Although I'm sure he loves Arrested like a firstborn child (as do we), he must decide whether it's worth it to uproot the show, transplant it to another network and continue to pour his blood, sweat and tears into something that, let's face it, the American viewing public has yet to embrace on a large scale.

http://www.eonline.com/Gossip/Kristin/Archive2006/060210.html

Gaz
02-11-2006, 08:43 AM
C. None of the above.

xoxo~
Gaz
Fan of neither.

Delano
02-11-2006, 09:38 AM
I read that the whore that Michael mistaked for "Nellie" was actually Jason Bateman's real life sister.

I thought she was pretty hot.

Bob Dole
02-11-2006, 10:33 AM
C. None of the above.

xoxo~
Gaz
Fan of neither.

Bob Dole figured you for a guy that would appreciate the quirky humor of the writers.

Bob Dole's entire world just came crashing in upon itself.

Bob Dole
02-11-2006, 10:47 AM
I read that the whore that Michael mistaked for "Nellie" was actually Jason Bateman's real life sister.

I thought she was pretty hot.

Just now watching it, and that is indeed Justine Bateman.

Are you not old enough to remember Family Ties, or did you just not realize that Mallory was his sister?

Gaz
02-11-2006, 11:20 AM
Bob Dole figured you for a guy that would appreciate the quirky humor of the writers...

I thought I would like “Arrested Development.” It sounded like the kind of off-beat stuff I enjoy. Then I watched a couple of episodes and did not so much as chuckle. Sure, it was off-beat, but it was mean-spirited and just was not funny to me [YMMV].

xoxo~
Gaz
Fallen idol.

Bob Dole
02-11-2006, 11:34 AM
I thought I would like “Arrested Development.” It sounded like the kind of off-beat stuff I enjoy. Then I watched a couple of episodes and did not so much as chuckle. Sure, it was off-beat, but it was mean-spirited and just was not funny to me [YMMV].

xoxo~
Gaz
Fallen idol.

Bob Dole's mileage definitely varies, as Seasons 1 and 2 are among the dozen or so DVDs Bob Dole owns.

Baby Lee
02-11-2006, 11:36 AM
Bob Dole figured you for a guy that would appreciate the quirky humor of the writers.

Bob Dole's entire world just came crashing in upon itself.
You must've missed Gaz's 'Charlie's Angels' pwns 'Citizen Cane' treatise.

Gaz
02-11-2006, 11:52 AM
I really enjoyed “Bakersfield P.D.” and “Greg the Bunny.” They were quirky, funny and they tanked massively.

Those of you who like AD will at least have DVDs to keep you entertained. I had to TiVo the crappy broadcast episodes of "Bakersfield P.D." on Bravo. Fortunately, "Greg the Bunny" and "Sports Night" and "Firefly" are DVD'ed in much better quality in the Gaz library.

xoxo~
Gaz
Just not mainstream enough.