PDA

View Full Version : Eddie Sutton hurt in car accident

Bootlegged
02-10-2006, 07:17 PM
not life threatening, but not good.

leviw
02-10-2006, 07:18 PM
I want to wish Eddie the best before the jokes start.

...then I'll add some of my own.

Phobia
02-10-2006, 07:19 PM
It's not bad at all. http://www.tulsaworld.com/BreakingNewsStory.asp?ID=060210_Br_suttonweb

Bootlegged
Associated Press

STILLWATER, Okla. -- Oklahoma State men's basketball coach Eddie Sutton was hospitalized Friday after being injured in an automobile accident, OSU officials said.

"He was with the team to fly out to go to the Texas A&M game, and he was involved in an accident in Stillwater," said Gary Shutt, director of communications for the school.

Sutton was taken to Stillwater Medical Center, where he was undergoing tests, said Shutt, who was headed to the hospital.

"We don't know the extent of his injuries, but it's not life-threatening," Shutt said.

Sutton suffered a head injury, according to police, who arrived at the accident scene about 5:45 p.m.

He was listed in good condition, said Shyla Eggers, a spokeswoman for the hospital.

According to a police report, Sutton was traveling north on Washington Street in a sport utility vehicle when his car strayed left of the center line, corrected and then struck another SUV from behind. He was traveling about 60 mph.

Sutton's vehicle continued traveling north for a short distance, then left the roadway and struck a tree, Stillwater police reported.

The occupant of the other SUV sustained minor injuries and was released, officers said.

An investigation into the accident is ongoing and will be forwarded to the Payne County District Attorney's office, police said.

Skip Towne
Eddie Sutton has been dead for 3 years. Nobody knows it yet though.

|Zach|
02-10-2006, 07:20 PM
Good to hear he is ok.

Bootlegged
02-10-2006, 07:20 PM
It's not bad at all. http://www.tulsaworld.com/BreakingNewsStory.asp?ID=060210_Br_suttonweb

Good. Another board said he was non-responsive.

leviw
02-10-2006, 07:21 PM
Good. Another board said he was non-responsive.
As Skip said...

...he has been for three years.

sedated
02-10-2006, 07:22 PM
the accident sounds pretty bad.

why would it just start swurving like that?

if Eddie was driving, maybe its worse than just a car wreck

nychief
02-10-2006, 07:33 PM
plane crashes, car crashes.... jesus christ OSU is jinxed.

4th and Long
02-11-2006, 12:06 PM
I thought he died in that plane crash with John Goodman.

Fat Elvis
02-11-2006, 12:44 PM
Eddie Sutton has been dead for 3 years. Nobody knows it yet though.

I heard he sold his soul to Chuck Norris to protect him from the Grim Reaper.

Fat Elvis
02-11-2006, 12:50 PM
I heard he sold his soul to Chuck Norris to protect him from the Grim Reaper.

Seriously though, good luck to him.

Saulbadguy
02-13-2006, 09:26 AM
Sutton out for season; reportedly cited with DUI
ESPN.com news services
click this

TULSA, Okla. -- Stillwater police said Monday that Oklahoma State coach Eddie Sutton was cited with driving under the influence after a Friday traffic accident, a Tulsa newspaper reported.

Unrelated to the report, the university announced Monday that Sutton had asked to take a leave of absence for the remainder of the season.

"Coach Sutton has been dealing with constant back and hip problems the last couple of seasons and after last Friday's accident he feels this is the best decision for his health and for the team," said OSU System CEO and President David Schmidly.

Stillwater Police Chief Norman McNickle confirmed the citation Monday, the Tulsa World reported on its Web site.

Sutton was traveling to the Stillwater airport to fly with his team to College Station, Texas, when the accident occurred Friday. The coach sustained bruises to his head in the accident.

McNickle told the newpaper that Sutton also was cited with speeding and driving left of center.

"It has been an extremely difficult season. With my deteriorating physical condition and other issues, I have been under a tremendous amount of stress. I told Dr. Schmidly I was close to making this decision after the trip to Kansas State because the pain in my back was making it very difficult to coach. After Friday's events, I know it is best to go on medical leave the remainder of the season to address my future health. "It is very difficult to step away from the team," Sutton said.

The school said no decision has been made regarding Sutton's plans for next season.

Sutton's son, Sean, who will take over as head coach of the team when Sutton retires, will lead the team the rest of the season.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

Click Here!
Also See
Sutton still recuperating; status vs. Kansas unknown
Oklahoma State basketball ...

Sutton released from hospital, will recuperate at home
Oklahoma State coach Eddie ...

NewChief
02-13-2006, 09:31 AM
Poor guy. I thought he'd finally licked his battles with booze. Evidently not.

beavis
02-13-2006, 09:38 AM
Nice job Eddie.

Archie F. Swin
02-13-2006, 10:10 AM
hev you ever seen Eddie Sutton and Gene Hackman in the same room?