Wile_E_Coyote
02-11-2006, 07:42 AM
:hmmm:l

ChiefButthurt
02-11-2006, 09:32 AM
Beware all teams who enter Arrowhead.

cdcox
02-11-2006, 09:50 AM
Here is a templet if anyone else wants to repy point by point. This may be the only football thread we need for the entire off season.

Warfield is a terrible CB
Hicks play- sucks
Sapp is a great blitzer
Trent can't throw the long ball
Shields will not be back for '06
Woods will be cut
Jared needs to hit the wieghts-big time
Sammy Knight is a playmaker
Dante should play on Special Teams only
Bell is as good as gone
Ryan Sims is a bust
Kennison is not a #1 WR
LJ has an attitude problem
Scanlon turned out better than expected
Herm will bring back Martyball
Roaf is HOF bound
Carlos Hall is injury prone
Chris Horn is a solid #3 WR
Siavii lacks the head & heart for the NFL
Tynes is solid
Wesley is a headhunter
Peterson is the biggest problem
Lamar Hunt is cheap
Chiefs are below average at drafting
Arrowhead is home of the NFLs #1 fans

cdcox
02-11-2006, 10:25 AM
Warfield is a terrible CB Very sure tackler, good athletic ability, I'd like to see him in tight coverage more.
Hicks play- sucks I voted yes. He is adequate if he were the worst player on you defense. Problem is, there are far too many adequate players in the front 7.
Sapp is a great blitzer Misses the kill shot too often to be considered great. Also, if the corner blitz is your bread and butter way of generating a pass rush, you're in deep poo.
Trent can't throw the long ball Pfft.
Shields will not be back for '06 I tought so all last season, but based on what has been said since the season ended, I'm thinking he will be back.
Woods will be cut Yeah. The only thing that kept him on last year was his contract. I imagine it is now at the point we can let him go. Terrible, terrible move to re-sign him to such a big deal after the '03 season.
Jared needs to hit the wieghts-big time Jared was a late round draft choice, which in the NFL means he probably didn't have the natural frame to project as a star DE. He is playing way above the expectation level and probably about as good as he will get. His game is that he is fast and just keeps going every play. You bulk him up, he will lose some of the motor, and probably just get himself injured. The guy is a natural. Let him play his game.
Sammy Knight is a playmaker His lack of speed is a huge liability, that is somewhat offset by his experience. Safety play is a real weakness. We need at least one playmaker at one of the safety spots.
Dante should play on Special Teams only Yes. I'm so sick of the play where they chuck it to Dante and let him out jump the defender.
Bell is as good as gone I think he could stick around with a re-worked deal. If that doesn't get done, yes, he will be cut.
Ryan Sims is a bust He certainly hasn't lived up to being the #6 overall pick in the draft. But he's not a bust. At his current play level, he is adequate. I still think he has the potential to be much better, but I'm really wondering now if we will ever see that.
Kennison is not a #1 WR He's a botton half #1, top half #2 guy. You can't have elite players at every position. I think the problem is more at who we are playing at #2 and #3 than who we are playing at #1.
LJ has an attitude problem I love LJ's attitude problem.
Scanlon turned out better than expected Scanlon is a special teams player that makes as many mistakes as he does good plays. He is about what you expect from a back-up LB, before the hype machine and backlash got started.
Herm will bring back Martyball No, not until the playoffs.
Roaf is HOF bound Duh.
Carlos Hall is injury prone Seems like it. I'm not sure what Gun saw in him to single him out as a guy we had to have.
Chris Horn is a solid #3 WR Chris Horn is a solid #4 WR
Siavii lacks the head & heart for the NFL When he was drafted they said he was a project. This will be his make or break year. I'm expecting break.
Tynes is solid Money.
Wesley is a headhunter That is funny.
Peterson is the biggest problem I was a supporter for years, and can name a ton of things he does well that I like about him. But I've come to the point that I don't expect the Chiefs to become an elite team under his leadership. His draft record over the 17 years has been too spotty. And he seems unable to make the smart, if risky, choices that would give us a chance to win it all.
Lamar Hunt is cheap I do think he's lost his competitive edge that he had in the '60s. But he's not cheap.
Chiefs are below average at drafting Yes, there is no denying it.
Arrowhead is home of the NFLs #1 fans I voted no. Arrowhead fans are great, but many other teams have great fan bases. You have to give Carl Peterson all the credit in the world for that. When I was a season ticket holder in the '80's, there were games where it was cold, KC was out of the playoff race, and Arrowhead was 1/3 full. People couldn't give the tickets away outside the gate. That changed when Carl Peterson came. Arrowhead has also lost a little of the luster it had in the '90s. KC definitely has great fans, but so do many other NFL teams. I can't give them the #1 undisputed leader in this area.

jspchief
02-11-2006, 10:47 AM
Warfield is a terrible CB Warfield has become a solid cover corner and a respectable #2
Hicks play- sucks Adequate but not great. With good DTs, I think he's a suitable role player
Sapp is a great blitzer Meh. I like his heart
Trent can't throw the long ball Not with consistency. Sorry Trent
Shields will not be back for '06 I think he's back.
Woods will be cut Buh-bye
Jared needs to hit the wieghts-big time Big time? I dunno, but he could stand to add muscle
Sammy Knight is a playmaker He certainly is at times, but a better cast around him would help
Dante should play on Special Teams only YES
Bell is as good as gone YES
Ryan Sims is a bust Injury prone maybe. bust? not yet.
Kennison is not a #1 WR Capable of it, our offense just doesn't allow him to get the numbers
LJ has an attitude problem I'm going with yes, but he seems to be coming along
Scanlon turned out better than expected Nope
Herm will bring back Martyball Nope, Martyball is largely a myth that Chiefs fans use to excuse players choking.
Roaf is HOF bound First ballot
Carlos Hall is injury prone Unfortunately, he seems to be
Chris Horn is a solid #3 WR Horn should be in the CFL
Siavii lacks the head & heart for the NFL Siavii lacks a lot of things
Tynes is solid Maybe not top ten, but easily top half of the league
Wesley is a headhunter Wesley is out of position too much
Peterson is the biggest problem Peterson is a lot like Marty and Vermeil in KC, pretty good but not great. It's time for a new approach
Lamar Hunt is cheap He might be, but I think there's a middle ground between frivolous and cheap, and he is there.
Chiefs are below average at drafting Too many reaches and projects
Arrowhead is home of the NFLs #1 fans Not even close. It's not the 90s anymore

Wile_E_Coyote
02-11-2006, 04:20 PM
bump warning; I'll bump this a few times

cdcox
02-11-2006, 05:25 PM
If any catagory gets two-thirds of the votes cast, I think it becomes the OFFICIAL PPL.

Bowser
02-11-2006, 05:28 PM
bump warning; I'll bump this a few times

Nobody likes a post whore.

:)

NJ Chief Fan
02-11-2006, 05:47 PM
Warfield is a terrible CB...not a "shutdown" corner, but a very solid #2...he is starting to get older and wouldnt mind seeing him moved to fs
Hicks play- sucks says it all
Sapp is a great blitzer- have to agree
Trent can't throw the long ball sure buddy- whatever you say
Shields will not be back for '06- have to say i dont think its happening
Woods will be cut- HOPE SO!
Jared needs to hit the wieghts-big time- it could benefit the chiefs if he does as well as himself
Sammy Knight is a playmaker- i think we need to get younger at the safety position
Dante should play on Special Teams only- he should only be out on the field in 4 and 5 wide out sets
Bell is as good as gone- BEST BE
Ryan Sims is a bust- sorry to say but he is exactly that def not worth the #6 pick in the draft
Kennison is not a #1 WR -like him but he needs a compliment at the other wr spot maybe we dont need TO and i liked what i was seeing out of parker after his return late in the season i think hes going to be a very solid wr for years to come as long as he doesnt get injured
LJ has an attitude problem -i think hes very humble
Scanlon turned out better than expected -BOOMER
Herm will bring back Martyball- i think herm already addressed this
Roaf is HOF bound -with out a doubt
Carlos Hall is injury prone -yea
Chris Horn is a solid #3 WR -id prefer dante
Siavii lacks the head & heart for the NFL- he teh sucks
Tynes is solid- im starting to like this guy more n more
Wesley is a headhunter- needs to become a back up
Peterson is the biggest problem -no comment
Lamar Hunt is cheap- cant say that he is...if he was cheap we wouldnt be almost capped out every year
Chiefs are below average at drafting- we have no idea on how to draft
Arrowhead is home of the NFLs #1 fans- i dont know ive never been

Stuckinbama
02-11-2006, 07:47 PM
Warfield is a terrible CB - He's a solid #2

Hicks play- sucks - Hicks is a decent player, but hasn't really mae any big plays for the last 2-3 years

Sapp is a great blitzer - Great; no but certainly decent

Trent can't throw the long ball - Of course he can. It may not look pretty but he can air it out when he has to.

Shields will not be back for '06 - I'm reasonably certain he will be back for one more year

Woods will be cut - No brainer

Jared needs to hit the wieghts-big time - He needs to bulk up, yes.

Sammy Knight is a playmaker - A slowfooted playmaker

Dante should play on Special Teams only - No brainer

Bell is as good as gone - Not if he agrees to a restructuring of his contract

Ryan Sims is a bust - He looked very good in TC last summer and was doing a nice job on the Jets before he got hurt.

Kennison is not a #1 WR - I tend to agree with this, but he'd be a great #2

LJ has an attitude problem - I wish more of the players had his attitude "problem"

Scanlon turned out better than expected - Yeah, but I didn't expect anything

Herm will bring back Martyball - Not a chance

Roaf is HOF bound - No brainer

Carlos Hall is injury prone - Yep

Chris Horn is a solid #3 WR - At best, he's a #4

Siavii lacks the head & heart for the NFL - He lacks something (besides bulk)

Tynes is solid - He did a nice job last season

Wesley is a headhunter - not any more and he seems to have ADD

Peterson is the biggest problem - I like Peterson and would put him in the upper 1/3 of the GMs around the league

Lamar Hunt is cheap - no, but he's not a highroller either

Chiefs are below average at drafting - I'd put them right about the middle of the pack

Arrowhead is home of the NFLs #1 fans - I voted yes, but there are other fan bases that are just about at the same level

Logical
02-11-2006, 09:57 PM
Warfield is a terrible CB - He's a solid #3 and will do as a number 2 if we are unable to draft someone better

Hicks play- sucks - Hicks is a quality backup and that is all

Sapp is a great blitzer - Ok, we have no great blitzers

Trent can't throw the long ball - Not really, but he did not need to be able to do so

Shields will not be back for '06 - Nope, it has been great having you Will.

Woods will be cut - I wish but I doubt it

Jared needs to hit the wieghts-big time - A little but he has to be careful not to loose his quickness

Sammy Knight is a playmaker - He is adequate

Dante should play on Special Teams only - Definitely

Bell is as good as gone - Not if he agrees to a restructuring of his contract

Ryan Sims is a bust - Damn close but one last chance

Kennison is not a #1 WR - A very good #2

LJ has an attitude problem - Maybe but so what

Scanlon turned out better than expected - Yeah, but I didn't expect anything

Herm will bring back Martyball - Definitely

Roaf is HOF bound - Yup

Carlos Hall is injury prone - I cannot really say

Chris Horn is a solid #3 WR - At best, he's a #5

Siavii lacks the head & heart for the NFL - Definitely, now he can be declared a bust

Tynes is solid - Not really

Wesley is a headhunter - Wesley should be gone but won't be

Peterson is the biggest problem - Definitely

Lamar Hunt is cheap - Yes but mainly because he has his championship and really does not care anymore

Chiefs are below average at drafting - Definitely, especially when it comes to first day drafting

Arrowhead is home of the NFLs #1 fans - Green Bay is number one but KC is among the top 5. Watch Arrowhead empty if we lose three years in a row.

KCChiefsMan
02-11-2006, 11:58 PM
I've always thought Trent Green was pretty freakin accurate on the long balls. There has been some occasions were he under-threw it, but for the most part I've been pleased with that aspect of his game. That was really the only one I was surprised to see

Wile_E_Coyote
02-13-2006, 10:18 AM
*the way the questions are asked, do not necessarily reflect the views of the person making the question-or some such thing like that

jidar
02-13-2006, 10:26 AM
At first I Thought this was a poll that gauges how much of a pessimist you are, but you threw in a couple viewpoints that were positive.

Wile_E_Coyote
02-13-2006, 10:33 AM
At first I Thought this was a poll that gauges how much of a pessimist you are, but you threw in a couple viewpoints that were positive.

how you the question is asked seems to make a big difference. It seems you can lead people sometimes, but when it's about the Chiefs. People are already leaning one way or the other

~looks like it's coffee time

Mr. Laz
02-13-2006, 10:38 AM
Warfield is a terrible CB - he isn't terrible ... but he belongs at safety
Hicks play- sucks - sucks is a little strong, lousy is fitting though
Sapp is a great blitzer - average
Trent can't throw the long ball - he can, not his strong suit though
Shields will not be back for '06 - agree
Woods will be cut - he should
Jared needs to hit the wieghts-big time - every NFL player should
Sammy Knight is a playmaker - agree
Dante should play on Special Teams only - no, but he should be a featured player on offense either
Bell is as good as gone - i don't know
Ryan Sims is a bust - dam close
Kennison is not a #1 WR - agree
LJ has an attitude problem - he has attitude, we've yet to see whether it's a problem or not yet
Scanlon turned out better than expected - he hasn't done jack :shrug:
Herm will bring back Martyball - more than likely something close
Roaf is HOF bound - agree
Carlos Hall is injury prone - agree
Chris Horn is a solid #3 WR - agree
Siavii lacks the head & heart for the NFL - agree
Tynes is solid - agree
Wesley is a headhunter - ask ricky williams and ronnie brown
Peterson is the biggest problem - agree
Lamar Hunt is cheap - not really, but the bottom line comes first
Chiefs are below average at drafting - agree
Arrowhead is home of the NFLs #1 fans - agree

htismaqe
02-13-2006, 10:39 AM
Warfield is a terrible CB: terrible? no. serviceable.
Hicks play- sucks: yep
Sapp is a great blitzer: he's ok, i rather think the scheme sucks rather than the players
Trent can't throw the long ball: i think he CAN, but he doesn't really need to
Shields will not be back for '06: i think he's changed his mind and will be back
Woods will be cut: i wish, but no he won't
Jared needs to hit the wieghts-big time: he could use some strength against the run, but big-time? nah.
Sammy Knight is a playmaker: yes, he is a playmaker because of his smarts
Dante should play on Special Teams only: yes
Bell is as good as gone: if he doesn't restructure, he should be
Ryan Sims is a bust: this is the last chance I'm gonna give him, it's this year or bust
Kennison is not a #1 WR: kennison is a #1 WR according to his numbers
LJ has an attitude problem: nope, he just wants to win
Scanlon turned out better than expected: who cares?
Herm will bring back Martyball: no, he won't
Roaf is HOF bound: absolutely, same with Shields
Carlos Hall is injury prone: yep
Chris Horn is a solid #3 WR: maybe in the Arena League
Siavii lacks the head & heart for the NFL: unfortunately, yes
Tynes is solid: yep
Wesley is a headhunter: headhunter? no. headcase.
Peterson is the biggest problem: yeah, i think he is
Lamar Hunt is cheap: nah, he's just a good business man
Chiefs are below average at drafting: most certainly, although the last few years have been an improvement
Arrowhead is home of the NFLs #1 fans: no doubt about it

SPchief
02-13-2006, 11:07 AM
Sure, blame the server

htismaqe
02-13-2006, 11:10 AM
Sure, blame the server

Considering I was logged into it and watching CPU utilization when it took a dump...

Damn right, I'm gonna blame the server.

kc rush
02-13-2006, 11:39 AM
Warfield is a terrible CB - Not terrible. He is a good #2,
Hicks play- sucks - Adequate. Would be a decent back-up.
Sapp is a great blitzer - They guy has a motor and loves to hit, but I think "great" is too strong of a word right now. He could become great though.
Trent can't throw the long ball - Not consistently. He can get it out there once in a while, and his other attributes make up for his shortcomings.
Shields will not be back for '06 - 2006 is his last year.
Woods will be cut - Finally. His contract saved him.
Jared needs to hit the wieghts-big time - Not "big time", but he should add muscle to protect himself. Plus he will probably be double teamed more consistently now, so having the extra strength will help.
Sammy Knight is a playmaker - He made some plays and he got burned. If we had a better line, people would probably be saying he is.
Dante should play on Special Teams only - I don't mind him coming in two or three times per game, but he really should be dedicated to ST.
Bell is as good as gone - I would hope so considering his contract.
Ryan Sims is a bust - Showed some flashes, but so far the return hasn't been good. This is his make or break year as far as I'm concerned. If he fails to perform, or is sidelined with an injury, it will be time to cut ties.
Kennison is not a #1 WR - Probably more of a #2, needs to work on catching (not-dropping) the ball. Has been decent for us.
LJ has an attitude problem - I don't care as long as he continues to rack up the yards and TD's
Scanlon turned out better than expected - No. He has been what you expect, a special teams player.
Herm will bring back Martyball - Maybe eventually, but not this year. There are too many leaders on offense that wouldn't let that happen.
Roaf is HOF bound - Yes
Carlos Hall is injury prone - Seems to be
Chris Horn is a solid #3 WR - Solid #4
Siavii lacks the head & heart for the NFL - Looks like it.
Tynes is solid - Solid, not spectacular. He could get there with experience though. Kickoffs need work.
Wesley is a headhunter - Wesley needs a headhunter because he will be looking for a new job soon.
Peterson is the biggest problem - Probably. No doubt that he's done some good things, but he can't get us over the hump. A change probably needs to happen for change sake.
Lamar Hunt is cheap - Its hard to say that considering how much the coaches made under Vermeil.
Chiefs are below average at drafting - Agreed. Too many reaches early. I don't mind reaching on day 2, you might find a gem, but go with the "sure thing" on day 1.
Arrowhead is home of the NFLs #1 fans - I said yes since people continue to show up and cheer despite the poor post-season record. This could change very soon if we don't have some success.

tyton75
02-13-2006, 12:47 PM
Hicks- I think he was at his very best when there was a BIG threat on the other side like DT.. when they tried to move the play towards Hicks, he was able to make some plays and he was big enough to handle it ok when they would run at him... now, I think he is trying to do too much and isnt' really successful with anything... I would think that he ranks in the middle or lower among other players in the league at his position