PDA

View Full Version : I'm getting the feeling...

ChiefsFan4Life
02-12-2006, 08:26 AM
after reading some articles and hearing some things Edwards has said more and more that he REALLY gives a free pass to the veterans of the team and has a lot of the workouts optional

Normally I don't like this, but I have a feeling it will play a big role in convincing Shields to return so I think I am ok with it for now

What do you guys think about this?

greg63
02-12-2006, 09:27 AM
Whatever works.

chief52
02-12-2006, 09:31 AM
In his press conference he said he would do it on an individual basis. Every team in the NFL does it that way. The bottom line is you want the players to be as ready as they possibly can for game days...As he stated, that is the way every team does it.

JBucc
02-12-2006, 09:32 AM
I'd rather have Roaf and Shields not practice and be healthy for the actual games. It's not like they have anything to prove or can learn much more.

Dunit35
02-12-2006, 09:39 AM
I'd rather have Roaf and Shields not practice and be healthy for the actual games. It's not like they have anything to prove or can learn much more.

I agree. The offense is looking like it's going to be almost the same. All they have to do is be in shape for season (or whatever them too call in shape).

58-4ever
02-12-2006, 09:39 AM
As long as the Chiefs win games, Herm can wear a skirt for all I care.

chubychecker
02-12-2006, 10:08 AM
I'm not sure if I like this or not; could the cheifs slow start to last year be some what attributed to Dick coddling the veterans during the preseason. Will and gonzo sure got better as the season went on, made me think they weren't ready to start the season.

4th and Long
02-12-2006, 10:27 AM
Look kids, how would you feel if you've been on the same job for 10 years and your boss walked up to you and said, "Listen, Bob, I know you've been with the company for 10 years now and you're doing a wonderful job and all but, we would like for you to come in on your days off and practice doing your job anyway." ?

Simplex3
02-12-2006, 10:46 AM
Look kids, how would you feel if you've been on the same job for 10 years and your boss walked up to you and said, "Listen, Bob, I know you've been with the company for 10 years now and you're doing a wonderful job and all but, we would like for you to come in on your days off and practice doing your job anyway." ?
If my boss started paying me $3M / year I'd be cool with it.

4th and Long
02-12-2006, 10:48 AM
If my boss started paying me $3M / year I'd be cool with it.
He doesn't. Sucks to be you. :p

keg in kc
02-12-2006, 10:55 AM
Workouts won't start for another six weeks, so it's a little early to start questioning what he's doing.

And letting players who are around or over 30 sit some during the offseason isn't only okay, it's smart. If guys like Dunn, Gonzalez, Green, Holmes, Richardson, Roaf, Shields and Wiegman sit out a few practices, it won't be the end of the world. They've done it all, they've seen it all, they really only need to be there enough to get their timing down and be sure they're in football shape. They're older players (some of them are elderly in NFL terms), many fight chronic injuries or physical conditions, and they need to be coddled a little.

Now, the Derrick/Larry Johnson's of the world need to be there all the time.

Simplex3
02-12-2006, 10:57 AM
He doesn't. Sucks to be you. :p
I'm my boss, so I'm well aware of what I can and cannot afford to pay me. I do, however, make myself work nights and weekends. I'm a d**k like that.

morphius
02-12-2006, 11:00 AM
We did this last year, and our offense played like crap for how many weeks?

4th and Long
02-12-2006, 11:00 AM
I'm my boss, so I'm well aware of what I can and cannot afford to pay me. I do, however, make myself work nights and weekends. I'm a d**k like that.
If I was my boss and made myself work those hours, I'd have a fight with my boss and tell him to stick that job up his ass ... or something.

Simplex3
02-12-2006, 11:03 AM
If I was my boss and made myself work those hours, I'd have a fight with my boss and tell him to stick that job up his ass ... or something.
I've tried everything I can think of to get fired but I just won't can me. :shrug:

Bowser
02-12-2006, 11:03 AM
I've tried everything I can think of to get fired but I just won't can me. :shrug:

Underachiever.

Simplex3
02-12-2006, 11:07 AM
Underachiever.
Hey, several years ago (a different company) I walked into a meeting with our majority partner and the entire sales team and took a nap on the floor of the conference room. Don't tell me I don't know how to bite the hand that feeds me.

morphius
02-12-2006, 11:10 AM
after reading some articles and hearing some things Edwards has said more and more that he REALLY gives a free pass to the veterans of the team and has a lot of the workouts optional

Normally I don't like this, but I have a feeling it will play a big role in convincing Shields to return so I think I am ok with it for now

What do you guys think about this?
Are you positive you are not hooked on a feeling?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gi2CfuqcUGE

Bowser
02-12-2006, 11:12 AM
Are you positive you are not hooked on a feeling?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gi2CfuqcUGE

GAAAAAAAAAHHH!!

Simplex3
02-12-2006, 11:13 AM
GAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
What's with the single boob in that video? I thought they came in pairs?

Count Alex's Wins
02-12-2006, 11:15 AM
That video is strangely compelling.

4th and Long
02-12-2006, 11:16 AM
One Hassleboob is more than enough!

morphius
02-12-2006, 11:17 AM
LMAO! I'm going to need to remember that one.

I had that thing sent to me at work at least twice in one week, and I feel one should share their pain.

milkman
02-12-2006, 11:17 AM
I'm getting the feeling...

Put some lotion on it.
I'm told that helps usually.

Simplex3
02-12-2006, 11:18 AM
I'll admit the production quality was a little below "The Matrix", but how can you knock Furball's performance? If that was done in the states it would have won an Emmy.

chief52
Every coach in the NFL rests the vets. They do this to ensure they put the best possible team on the field on game day. Is that not the coach's job???

Anyone who thinks all the players should be pushed at the same level from the free agent to Roaf has never strapped on a set of pads. You have to do what is best for the team!

milkman
LMAO! I'm going to need to remember that one.

I had that thing sent to me at work at least twice in one week, and I feel one should share their pain.

Thanks for sharing, bastard! :cuss:

Simplex3
02-12-2006, 11:19 AM
Every coach in the NFL rests the vets. They do this to ensure they put the best possible team on the field on game day. Is that not the coach's job???

Anyone who thinks all the players should be pushed at the same level from the free agent to Roaf has never strapped on a set of pads. You have to do what is best for the team!
...and the matching boobie shows itself.

:p

morphius
02-12-2006, 11:20 AM
Actually I have to wonder if those two angels that "turn" hasselhoff "on" are his daughters, which doesn't make it any less disturbing.

4th and Long
02-12-2006, 11:20 AM
Actually I have to wonder if those two angels that "turn" hasselhoff "on" are his daughters, which doesn't make it any less disturbing.
GAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

morphius
02-12-2006, 11:22 AM
GAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!
Yup, its enough to make you think you need to shower just for catching that. ewwwww (chills)

keg in kc
02-12-2006, 11:22 AM
Anyone who thinks all the players should be pushed at the same level from the free agent to Roaf has never strapped on a set of pads. I've never strapped on a set of pads. Yet I think vets should be rested. Hmm. Maybe I should rethink my position.

4th and Long
02-12-2006, 11:23 AM
Yup, its enough to make you think you need to shower just for catching that. ewwwww (chills)
Now I hate you twice as much for posting that damn clip. Bastard.

Simplex3
02-12-2006, 11:23 AM
I've never strapped on a set of pads. Yet I think vets should be rested. Hmm. Maybe I should rethink my position.
Maybe Chiefs52 needs to change his pad. :shrug:

morphius
02-12-2006, 11:25 AM
Now I hate you twice as much for posting that damn clip. Bastard.
Oh come on! You know you are already making a list of people that you have to send that too!

4th and Long
02-12-2006, 11:27 AM
Oh come on! You know you are already making a list of people that you have to send that too!
Actually, I rarely send email to anyone anymore. Maybe I should start doing that again. Give me your email addy and I will forward all of my SPAM mail to you. :D

morphius
02-12-2006, 11:28 AM
Actually, I rarely send email to anyone anymore. Maybe I should start doing that again. Give me your email addy and I will forward all of my SPAM mail to you. :D
Don't make me open up my hotmail account...

4th and Long
02-12-2006, 11:28 AM
Don't make me open up my hotmail account...
NO! NOT THAT! AAAAAIIIIIEEEEE!!!!!!!!

morphius
02-12-2006, 11:30 AM
NO! NOT THAT! AAAAAIIIIIEEEEE!!!!!!!!
Plus this is better sent over IM then email...

4th and Long
02-12-2006, 11:32 AM
Plus this is better sent over IM then email...
I believe I'll add morphinism to my YIM Buddy List now. :D

Halfcan
02-12-2006, 03:39 PM
Everyone should practice as team, no free passes.

chief52
02-12-2006, 06:19 PM
Everyone should practice as team, no free passes.

No matter how many wins it costs?

DTLB58
02-12-2006, 07:12 PM
I like what Herm said Friday in his press conference with the media.

"I treat all my players fair, but I don't treat them all the same"

I remember Jimmy Johnson saying this also.....

On another note, I have figured out one thing about Herm in listening to two of his press conference's since he's been in KC.....He talks waaaay to damn much. He is asked a question and he rambles on repeating himself like a woman on the telephone.

Halfcan
02-12-2006, 08:08 PM
No matter how many wins it costs?

We had a soft camp last year, with folks sitting around most of the time, if they are really hurt that is one thing, I would like to see them work hard for a change-not just the rookies.