PDA

View Full Version : Dick Cheney, Bad Aimy

theultimatekcchiefsfan
02-12-2006, 06:00 PM
:shake:

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/World/2006/02/12/1439098-ap.html

Cheney accidentally shoots fellow hunter

WASHINGTON (AP) - U.S. Vice-President Dick Cheney accidentally shot and wounded a companion during a weekend quail hunting trip in Texas, spraying the fellow hunter in the face and chest with shotgun pellets.

Harry Whittington, a millionaire lawyer from Austin, was "alert and doing fine" in a Corpus Christi hospital Sunday after he was shot by Cheney on a ranch in south Texas, said Katharine Armstrong, the property's owner.

He was described as in stable condition by Yvonne Wheeler, spokeswoman for the Christus Spohn Health System in Corpus Christi.

Armstrong in an interview with The Associated Press said Whittington, 78, was mostly injured on his right side, with the pellets hitting his cheek, neck and chest during the incident which occurred late afternoon Saturday

She said emergency personnel travelling with Cheney tended to Whittington until the ambulance arrived.

Cheney's spokeswoman, Lea Anne McBride, said the vice-president was with Whittington and his wife at the hospital Sunday.

The shooting was first reported by the Corpus Christi Caller-Times. The vice-president's office did not disclose the accident until nearly 24 hours after it happened.

Armstrong said she was watching from a car while Cheney, Whittington and another hunter got out of the vehicle to shoot at a covey of quail.

Whittington shot a bird and went to look for it in the tall grass, while Cheney and the third hunter walked to another spot and discovered a second covey.

Whittington "came up from behind the vice-president and the other hunter and didn't signal them or indicate to them or announce himself," Armstrong said.

"The vice-president didn't see him," she continued. "The covey flushed and the vice-president picked out a bird and was following it and shot. And by god, Harry was in the line of fire and got peppered pretty good."

Whittington has been a private practice lawyer in Austin since 1950 and has long been active in Texas Republican politics. He's been appointed to several state boards, including when then-Gov. George W. Bush named him to the Texas Funeral Service Commission.

Whittington owns property in Travis County worth at least $11 million US, the Austin American-Statesman reported last year, not counting a downtown block at the centre of a long-running dispute with the city over a condemnation issue.

Armstrong, owner of the Armstrong Ranch where the accident occurred, said Whittington was bleeding and Cheney was very apologetic.

"It broke the skin," she said of the shotgun pellets. "It knocked him silly. But he was fine. He was talking. His eyes were open. It didn't get in his eyes or anything like that."

"Fortunately, the vice-president has got a lot of medical people around him and so they were right there and probably more cautious than we would have been," she said. "The vice-president has got an ambulance on call, so the ambulance came."

Cheney is an avid hunter who makes annual hunting trips to South Dakota to hunt pheasants. He also travels frequently to Arkansas to hunt ducks.

Armstrong said Cheney is a longtime friend who comes to the ranch to hunt about once a year and is "a very safe sportsman." She said Whittington is a regular, too, but she thought it was the first time the two men hunted together.

"This is something that happens from time to time. You know, I've been peppered pretty well myself," said Armstrong.

JBucc
02-12-2006, 06:01 PM
ROFL

4th and Long
02-12-2006, 06:03 PM
NRA! NRA! NRA!

KChiefsQT
02-12-2006, 06:05 PM
Don't they wear those bright orange hats for quail hunting.. hmm maybe it's just duck hunting. If so, pahahhahahaha. If not, he's still an idiot.

KcMizzou
Pulled the old "Bobby Knight"...

JBucc
I wonder if the other guys a democrat...

Lonewolf Ed
02-12-2006, 06:09 PM
NRA! NRA! NRA!

I think the VP should have to take a new Hunters' Safety course before he can be allowed to hunt again. I took the course back in Boy Scouts and I have never shot anyone that I did not intend to. :harumph:

4th and Long
02-12-2006, 06:11 PM
I wonder if the other guys a democrat...
Allegedly the other guy had a Kerry-Edwards sticker on his car bumper. Coincidence? I think NOT!

banyon
02-12-2006, 06:11 PM
I said this in the DC thread on the same topic, but:

Guns don't kill people...Dick Cheney kills people.

JBucc
02-12-2006, 06:12 PM
Allegedly the other guy had a Kerry-Edwards sticker on his car bumper. Coincidence? I think NOT!In that case he shoulda finished him off

4th and Long
02-12-2006, 06:13 PM
In that case he shoulda finished him off
Actually, I was hoping his hunting companion was Bush. :D

BigOlChiefsfan
02-12-2006, 06:15 PM
I said this in the DC thread on the same topic, but:

Guns don't kill people...Dick Cheney kills people.

Actually, it's "Guns don't kill people. Dick Cheney, Chuck Norris and Jack Bauer kill people."

burt
02-12-2006, 06:18 PM
I heard he shot the guy right in the Halliburton.

jspchief
02-12-2006, 10:10 PM
Quail fly, people die.

NJ Chief Fan
02-12-2006, 10:28 PM
this bastard should be facing attempted murder chargers

ENDelt260
02-12-2006, 10:30 PM
"911... what's your emergency?"
"I was out quail hunting and accidentally shot my friend. I think he's dead. What do I do?"
"Ok.. calm down. First, make sure he's dead."
"Ok, hang on..." *pause* *gunshot* "Now what?"

ChiefsFanatic
02-12-2006, 10:32 PM
Bush and Cheney........What a combo!

NJ Chief Fan
02-12-2006, 10:33 PM
"911... what's your emergency?"
"I was out quail hunting and accidentally shot my friend. I think he's dead. What do I do?"
"Ok.. calm down. First, make sure he's dead."
"Ok, hang on..." *pause* *gunshot* "Now what?"

ROFL

Demonpenz
02-12-2006, 10:43 PM
yeah these people faked 9/11

tk13
02-12-2006, 10:45 PM
This has SNL skit written all over it.

jspchief
02-12-2006, 10:46 PM
yeah these people faked 9/11ROFL No shit

tk13
02-12-2006, 10:49 PM
start printing hospital tickets

Bowser
02-12-2006, 10:55 PM
I wonder if the guy held his hand to the side of his head and yelled out "AND HE HAD BIG HORNS LIKE THIS", right before Cheney blasted him.

chagrin
02-12-2006, 11:00 PM
Where's the 3 headed monster claiming it's a conspiracy?

ENDelt260
02-13-2006, 01:00 AM
start printing hospital tickets
ROFL

beavis
02-13-2006, 09:39 AM
A funny thing just occured to me... mememe and jAZ will never see this thread, being as it's not in DC.

MOhillbilly
02-13-2006, 09:42 AM
this administration is the most gangsta ever.

ROFL

Baby Lee
02-13-2006, 09:44 AM
They had a pretty good impromptu version of Aerosmith's 'Cheney's got a gun' on Bob and Tom this morning.

htismaqe
02-13-2006, 10:01 AM
Quail fly, people die.

ROFL

Donger
02-13-2006, 10:03 AM
Heh.

Couldn't help but think of the "Dick Cheney as Scarface" video: http://www.compfused.com/directlink/486/

NSFW.

kepp
02-13-2006, 10:17 AM
"Hi, Hillary? Yeah, it's Dick Cheney. Hey, you ever been hunting? It's a blast!"

Gonzo
02-13-2006, 10:21 AM
Dick Cheney: "Doctor, is my friend going to make it?"
Doctor: "Well, it'll be tough I'm just not sure."

Cheney; "But doc, it was just bird shot!"
Doctor: "I know, but it would have been a lot easier if you didn't gut him afterwards!"

MahiMike
02-13-2006, 12:02 PM
CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas Austin attorney Harry Whittington was recovering Monday in a Corpus Christi hospital after getting peppered with birdshot by Vice President Dick Cheney.

Cheney, who accidentally shot his companion during a weekend quail hunting trip in south Texas, was back at the White House Monday morning while Whittington, 78, was said to be in stable condition, according to Christus Spohn Hospital Memorial spokesman Peter Banko.

"The patient rested well last night and was joking with staff this morning," Banko said, adding that because of Whittington's age, he was kept in the hospital's intensive care unit for a second night.

Hospital spokeswoman Yvonne Wheeler said Whittington had a "a great night. He slept throughout the night." She didn't say if Whittington would be discharged on Monday.

Whittington was flown to the hospital after Cheney accidentally shot him late Saturday afternoon at the Armstrong Ranch, which is owned by Katharine Armstrong.

According to Armstrong, who is friends with both the Cheneys and the Whittingtons and set up the two for the hunting trip on her property, a group of hunters was traveling in a vehicle on the ranch when it spotted a covey of quail in the late afternoon.

David.
02-13-2006, 12:03 PM
FAIL

KC Kings
02-13-2006, 01:07 PM
People act like this is some kind of rarity. People get peppered while bird hunting all of the time. Granted it usually isn't bad enough to get hospitalized, but just about everybody I know that does a lot of bird hunting has either been peppered, or could tell you a story about somebody they know that has been.

What was odd to me was the eye witness recount of what happened. They are driving around in a vehical, and 3 guys jumped out and started shooting at birds. I always assumed it was illegal to hunt from vehicals everywhere, not just MO and KS?

Duck Dog
02-13-2006, 01:09 PM
Don't they wear those bright orange hats for quail hunting.. hmm maybe it's just duck hunting. If so, pahahhahahaha. If not, he's still an idiot.

Duck hunting you wear camo. Upland you wear orange.

Duck Dog
02-13-2006, 01:10 PM

If you're serious, you're f u c kin g stupid.

Rain Man
02-13-2006, 01:11 PM
This would've been a better story if he had shot Dan Quayle.

Simplex3
02-13-2006, 01:14 PM
If you're serious, you're f u c kin g stupid.
I've never been bird hunting myself, but as I understand it you're sweeping the gun about 6 to 10 feet over the ground as the birds fly off and then pulling the trigger, right? If that's the case you'd have to have pretty damn good peripheral vision to see some jackass standing in the line of fire before you pulled the trigger. Which might be why you're supposed to verbally announce that you're walking towards a hunting party, which this guy appearantly didn't do. Kind of makes it the fault of the dumbass who got shot.

Gonzo
02-13-2006, 01:14 PM
[QUOTE=KC Kings]People act like this is some kind of rarity. People get peppered while bird hunting all of the time. Granted it usually isn't bad enough to get hospitalized, but just about everybody I know that does a lot of bird hunting has either been peppered, =

I've been a bird-hunter for 20 years and have never even come close to shooting someone. I was peppered in a field trial once when I was 11 and the guy was disqualified and his membership was revoked.
Hunting from vehicles is wrong, if your fat ass can't keep up with the dogs then go home and watch hunting shows!
Keep your barrel up you old fart.

Simplex3
02-13-2006, 01:16 PM
[QUOTE=KC Kings]People act like this is some kind of rarity. People get peppered while bird hunting all of the time. Granted it usually isn't bad enough to get hospitalized, but just about everybody I know that does a lot of bird hunting has either been peppered, =

I've been a bird-hunter for 20 years and have never even come close to shooting someone. I was peppered in a field trial once when I was 11 and the guy was disqualified and his membership was revoked.
Hunting from vehicles is wrong, if your fat ass can't keep up with the dogs then go home and watch hunting shows!
Christ, were did we get all of these incompetent noobs that can't even quote properly?

Baby Lee
02-13-2006, 01:17 PM
Don't really grasp the whole criminal law thing, eh?

Baby Lee
02-13-2006, 01:17 PM
Christ, were did we get all of these incompetent noobs that can't even quote properly?
They're rival fans. Haven't you heard of the Attempted Murder Chargers?

Gonzo
02-13-2006, 01:19 PM
I've got a quote for ya right here beyatch.

Simplex3
02-13-2006, 01:21 PM
I've got a quote for ya right here beyatch.
See how it works?

Duck Dog
02-13-2006, 01:23 PM
Without knowing the details, I can see how this happens. And it does happen quit a bit too. When the bird flushes it doesn't always fly straight away from you. Some times they fly back over your head or around you. It's usually the shooters fault, he is after all the one who pulled the trigger with a person in his line of fire. But it's still an accident.

Just like the farmer in SoDak last year that shot a high powered rifle into a flock of canada geese eating in his wheat field. He was only trying to flush them off his grain field. Well they weren't real geese, they were decoys and he killed a goose hunter in the process. It's pure accident.

Gonzo
02-13-2006, 01:25 PM
See how it works?
Did I do it right????
CORKY LIKE PUDDING!!

Duck Dog
02-13-2006, 01:26 PM

What sort of field trial?

Gonzo
02-13-2006, 01:31 PM
PARIS A French hunter was shot by his dog after he left a loaded shotgun in the trunk of his car with two dogs and one of the animals accidentally stepped on the trigger, police said Wednesday, Nov. 5.
The man, from the village of Espelette in the Basque region, was admitted to a hospital in the nearby town of Bayonne Monday with leadshot injuries to the hip.

"As he was driving along, one of his dogs accidentally set off the gun," said a police official.

Gonzo
02-13-2006, 01:33 PM
What sort of field trial?

We were in a bird dog competition for phesant. This was at the Los Banos wildlife refuge in Cali.

Gonzo
02-13-2006, 01:36 PM
Booya bird dog! Go get em!

gblowfish
02-13-2006, 01:37 PM
Dick Cheney is Aaron Burr re-incarnated.

Rain Man
02-13-2006, 01:40 PM
Did I do it right????
CORKY LIKE PUDDING!!

Don't let these guys bother you. Remember - ob la di, ob la da, life goes on.

Gonzo
02-13-2006, 02:00 PM
Don't let these guys bother you. Remember - ob la di, ob la da, life goes on.

:hmmm:

Simplex3
02-13-2006, 02:06 PM
:hmmm:
Man, this noob's replies and comebacks are GREAT! What a valued addition to the board!

greg63
02-13-2006, 02:19 PM
NRA! NRA! NRA!

ROFLROFLROFLROFL

greg63
02-13-2006, 02:22 PM
Man, this noob's replies and comebacks are GREAT! What a valued addition to the board!

ROFLROFLROFLROFL

(Not nearly as extensive as my replies)

DanT
02-13-2006, 02:25 PM
I've heard baseball players in the middle of hot streaks talk about how the baseball looks like a beach ball. Is that what it's like when you're having a hot streak hunting quail, the birds start looking as big as apes and lawyers?

FAX
02-13-2006, 02:27 PM
Cheney had received intelligence that there was a connection between the quail and the lawyer.

FAX

greg63
02-13-2006, 02:31 PM
This would've been a better story if he had shot Dan Quayle.

Bring out your dead!

Pitt Gorilla
02-13-2006, 02:31 PM
Cheney had received intelligence that there was a connection between the quail and the lawyer.

FAX
ROFL

Gonzo
02-13-2006, 03:54 PM

Your enthusiastic witticism is only overshadowed by your complete arrogance.

ChiefsCountry
02-13-2006, 04:34 PM
I have hunted alot and I can say that is could easily happen. Birds do some crazy stuff when they fly up, while Chaney was at fault you dont sneak up on someone like the other guy did.

4th and Long
02-13-2006, 06:36 PM
:eek:

banyon
02-13-2006, 06:40 PM
A Dick Cheney Shooter game!!! ROFL

http://dickcheneyquailhunt.cf.huffingtonpost.com/

Rain Man
02-13-2006, 06:47 PM
I have hunted alot and I can say that is could easily happen. Birds do some crazy stuff when they fly up, while Chaney was at fault you dont sneak up on someone like the other guy did.

So...if I wanted to shoot someone, then I would have a plausible defense if I took them out hunting and then said that a bird flew crazy. Is that what you're saying?

How big a gun can I use for bird hunting?

JBucc
02-13-2006, 06:52 PM
So...if I wanted to shoot someone, then I would have a plausible defense if I took them out hunting and then said that a bird flew crazy. Is that what you're saying?

How big a gun can I use for bird hunting?You'd still get manslaughter, but if you're good you might avoid straight up murder.

4th and Long
02-13-2006, 06:56 PM
You'd still get manslaughter, but if you're good you might avoid straight up murder.
Murder!!!? Manslaughter!!!? Can't we all just get along?

Let's just all take a moment to relax and sing a little song.

Press play and sign along.

<embed src="http://www.angelfire.com/nt/navaskaranga/janiesgotagun.mid" height="46" autostart="false">

Naaaaaaah Naaaaaaah Naaaaaaah
Naaaaaaah Naaaaaaah Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Cheney's got a gun
Cheney's got a gun
I bet he's feeling numb
Cuz man, that was really dumb.
What was he trying to do?
I wonder if that lawyer will sue?
They said when Cheney shot that lawyer,
He tried to hide it from the press.
But man, he had it comin'
Now that Cheney's got a gun
He ain't never gonna be the saaaaaaaaaaaaaame

Cheney's got a gun
Cheney's got a gun
His huntin' day's just begun
Now everybody is on the run
Tell me now it's untrue.
That lawyers face looked like goo.
He shot a freakin lawyer
The man has got to be insane
They say he was shootin quail
He should be posting bail
That lawyer's in a lot of paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaain

Run away, run away from the press yeah, yeah yeah yeah
Run away run away from the press yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah
Run away, run away, run, run awaaaaaaaay

Cheney's got a gun
Cheney's got a gun
What did this really mean?
He made the land owner spill the beans.
He had to take him down hard
and put some buckshot in his brain
He said 'cause nobody believes me.
The man was such a sleeze.
He ain't never gonna be the saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame.

Run away, run away from the press yeah, yeah yeah yeah yeah
Run away run away from the press yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah
Run away, run away, run, run awaaaaaaay

Cheney's got a gun
Cheney's got a gun
Cheney's got a gun
Everybody is on the run

Cheney's got a gun
Because Cheney's got a gun
Cheney's got a gun