they enter the rankings at 22 ahead of north carolina, bucknell, and lsu

RCJHGKU!

sedated
02-13-2006, 01:18 PM
finally.

lets not screw it up tonite.

Rooster
02-13-2006, 01:20 PM
Oh yea!! They are making their move. I think they will be very dangerous in March. :)

ArrowheadHawk
02-13-2006, 01:22 PM
i have bad memories about the last time they played at OSU though hopefully tonight will be better

Skip Towne
02-13-2006, 01:24 PM
I kinda liked running along under the radar. The Jayhawks always have a big bullseye on their back. They have come a long way in the last 4 months and are currently playing "above the rim". I don't remember a :KU: team that got as many dunks as this team does. I always look first to see which team is getting the easy shots. They usually win.

sedated
02-13-2006, 01:29 PM
KU will be dangerous this March.

I see at least an Elite Eight appearance, but we'll see what happens at Texas.

Texas is our only real "measuring stick" before the Big12 tourney. The other games we should win.

Mr. Laz
02-13-2006, 01:30 PM
22. Kansas 17-6 118
23. North Carolina 15-6 100
24. Bucknell 20-3 50

:spock: is this spooky for anyone else?

Skip Towne
02-13-2006, 01:32 PM
22. Kansas 17-6 118
24. Bucknell 20-3 50

That loss to Bucknell doesn't look nearly as bad as it did about a year ago.

PHOG
02-13-2006, 01:32 PM
22. Kansas 17-6 118
24. Bucknell 20-3 50

yes

Ari Chi3fs
02-13-2006, 01:38 PM
22. Kansas 17-6 118
24. Bucknell 20-3 50

No shit.

With them being ranked 24th with a record of 20-3, its not nearly as bad as it once seemed. This is a bit of saving grace, if you will.

Id like to see them again this year, and smoke they asses.

sedated
02-13-2006, 01:40 PM

even if f*cknell wins the championship this year, that loss will never look any better.

(goddamit)

Spicy McHaggis
02-13-2006, 01:41 PM
Hey Indiana is gone too! Wow, I was thinking they were going to have to lose out to drop from the rankings.

sedated
02-13-2006, 01:44 PM
Hey Indiana is gone too! Wow, I was thinking they were going to have to lose out to drop from the rankings.

ROFL no sh!t

I thought they were gonna jump into the top 15.

Braincase
02-13-2006, 01:48 PM
I am pleased.

And I do hope Eddie Sutton is feeling better soon. In spite of the DUI, I thought he was a pretty class act, relative to some programs.

Stinger
02-13-2006, 01:55 PM
even if f*cknell wins the championship this year, that loss will never look any better.

(goddamit)

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=112555 :D

ROFL ROFL

Dunit35
02-13-2006, 02:29 PM
i have bad memories about the last time they played at OSU though hopefully tonight will be better

I know they lost to them in the Big 12 tourny. But my memory was at AFH when I went and watched them play. I got in at student price and it was f**king amazing. So loud. I saw them play in the Big 12 tourny in 2004 at Dallas. But this was so much better.

TheBurryMan
02-13-2006, 02:32 PM
TheBurryMan is here to bring the Hawks good luck in March.

Skip Towne
02-13-2006, 02:32 PM
I know they lost to them in the Big 12 tourny. But my memory was at AFH when I went and watched them play. I got in at student price and it was f**king amazing. So loud. I saw them play in the Big 12 tourny in 2004 at Dallas. But this was so much better.
OSU isn't nearly as good as they were last year. I'm not sure if we are or not just yet.

Dunit35
02-13-2006, 02:38 PM
OSU isn't nearly as good as they were last year. I'm not sure if we are or not just yet.

Well yeah OSU is nothing like they were last year. It was one of the best games I had ever attended.

Braincase
02-13-2006, 03:01 PM
TheBurryMan is here to bring the Hawks good luck in March.

I was hoping you were here to whip Lawrence Tynes ass. :)

DJJasonp
02-13-2006, 03:15 PM

ROFL ROFL

Wow...thanks for that.....I was actually at phase 4 of my recovery from that game (phase 1 being shock, phase 2 drunken stupor, phase 3 acceptance).

Thanks...months of therapy down the crapper.

CoMoChief
02-13-2006, 03:35 PM
If they keep it up, maybe they get a #3 seed in the NCAA tourney. I have to give credit to Bill Self, even though I still dont like him and doesnt even compare to Roy, but the way he's coached these "kids" the last month or so has been pretty well. These frosh are all playmakers. Last year was different because one guy did something VERY good. Miles was a good defender and passer, Langford was the playmaker, Simien was the glass cleaner and the automatic inside 10ft, Lee was the 3shooter Giddens was a 3shooter too but the worst defender I have ever seen. This year everyone can score and defend. Give it up to Self for having these baby hawks play like sophomores. I would never have thought that they would have been in the top 3 in this conference, let alone a chance to play for the top spot in the Big12 if they win out until TX.

Honestly did anyone think Kansas would be in this position? Im a huge KU bball homer and I never thought this would happen. Its a good thing that the big 12 is a little weak this season though I must say. Next season if Rush stays, they could be a REAL threat for a National Championship.

jidar
02-13-2006, 03:39 PM
If they keep it up, maybe they get a #3 seed in the NCAA tourney. I have to give credit to Bill Self, even though I still dont like him and doesnt even compare to Roy, but the way he's coached these "kids" the last month or so has been pretty well. These frosh are all playmakers. Last year was different because one guy did something VERY good. Miles was a good defender and passer, Langford was the playmaker, Simien was the glass cleaner and the automatic inside 10ft, Lee was the 3shooter Giddens was a 3shooter too but the worst defender I have ever seen. This year everyone can score and defend. Give it up to Self for having these baby hawks play like sophomores. I would never have thought that they would have been in the top 3 in this conference, let alone a chance to play for the top spot in the Big12 if they win out until TX.

Honestly did anyone think Kansas would be in this position? Im a huge KU bball homer and I never thought this would happen. Its a good thing that the big 12 is a little weak this season though I must say. Next season if Rush stays, they could be a REAL threat for a National Championship.

Hell yeah. That post got me pumped and I have the flu.
Rock!

ArrowheadHawk
02-13-2006, 03:58 PM

:bravo:

Bearcat
02-13-2006, 04:12 PM
If they keep it up, maybe they get a #3 seed in the NCAA tourney. I have to give credit to Bill Self, even though I still dont like him and doesnt even compare to Roy, but the way he's coached these "kids" the last month or so has been pretty well.

Honestly did anyone think Kansas would be in this position?

I've been bitter about the whole "We're going to run" thing for a long time, because watching them force the hi-lo, turn the ball over, shoot poorly, and consistently playing games that end 60-59 is not entertaining, even if they're winning. (yes, I know the point is to win games & not entertain me, but that doesn't take away from the fact that it's painful to watch)

Now that they've learned to play offense without trying to do the same damn thing again and again (as much as I loved the guy, it's almost a good thing they don't have Simien anymore... they aren't constantly trying to force the ball inside), they're shooting better while still playing really good defense. That's something I can get used to.

While I didn't think they'd do something crazy like lose 7 conference games in a row (sorry :p ), I figured they were going to be fighting just to get a 9 seed. A 3 seed might be stretching it.... they would probably have to win out, and then win the Big 12 tournament..... but if they do one or the other, and beat who they should beat, they could sneak in as a high 5 or even low 4.

ArrowheadHawk
02-13-2006, 04:21 PM
I've been bitter about the whole "We're going to run" thing for a long time, because watching them force the hi-lo, turn the ball over, shoot poorly, and consistently playing games that end 60-59 is not entertaining, even if they're winning. (yes, I know the point is to win games & not entertain me, but that doesn't take away from the fact that it's painful to watch)

Now that they've learned to play offense without trying to do the same damn thing again and again (as much as I loved the guy, it's almost a good thing they don't have Simien anymore... they aren't constantly trying to force the ball inside), they're shooting better while still playing really good defense. That's something I can get used to.

While I didn't think they'd do something crazy like lose 7 conference games in a row (sorry :p ), I figured they were going to be fighting just to get a 9 seed. A 3 seed might be stretching it.... they would probably have to win out, and then win the Big 12 tournament..... but if they do one or the other, and beat who they should beat, they could sneak in as a high 5 or even low 4.
we've come a long way from when people thought that we would misss the tourney

greg63
02-13-2006, 04:27 PM
I kinda liked running along under the radar. The Jayhawks always have a big bullseye on their back. They have come a long way in the last 4 months and are currently playing "above the rim". I don't remember a :KU: team that got as many dunks as this team does. I always look first to see which team is getting the easy shots. They usually win.

I agree, but it is nice to finally get some respect.

Skip Towne
02-13-2006, 04:28 PM

As you probably know, there are 4 #1 seeds, 4 #2 seeds and so on. You just about need to be in the top 10-12 to get a 3 seed. They would need to beat everybody but Texas and get a couple of wins in the Tourney to do that. Some other teams would have to stumble as well.

JBucc
Anything KU does good will help our RPI so keep on winning! :thumb:

sedated

ROFL ROFL

nlm

:banghead:

greg63
02-13-2006, 04:33 PM

nlm

:banghead:

So, what exactly are you trying to say; don't be vague. :D

banyon
02-13-2006, 04:37 PM
22 is great! Still a #6 in Bracketology. IMHO, 5-6 is about the best we are gonna do, unless we win out.

Bearcat
02-13-2006, 04:38 PM
I'm glad Bucknell is doing well, so now everyone can agree with what I said 10 months ago about how it wasn't the huge deal everyone made it out to be ;)

ArrowheadHawk
02-13-2006, 04:48 PM
22 is great! Still a #6 in Bracketology. IMHO, 5-6 is about the best we are gonna do, unless we win out.
im just glad to make the tourney i wasn't sure at the begining of the season with this team

sedated
02-13-2006, 04:48 PM
Our whole season comes down to the Texas game.

If we win, we are a title contender.

If we lose (badly), it proves we have just been beating up on sh!tty teams and we won't make it to Sweet 16.

DJay23
02-13-2006, 05:03 PM
I'm with Skip (kinda). Not only did I get used to flying under the radar, our guys were playing with something to prove. While there's still room for improvement, I hope the ranking doesn't go to their heads.

The "kinda" part has to do with where I live. I'm a half hour from the Bucknell campus. There are a lot of kids in the school I teach in who suddenly became Bucknell fans after they beat KU (because they're front runners AND because they know I love KU). I've had kids busting my balls all year that KU wasn't ranked, but now that we are, at least I can give them a lesson in inequalities.

ArrowheadHawk
02-13-2006, 05:33 PM
I'm with Skip (kinda). Not only did I get used to flying under the radar, our guys were playing with something to prove. While there's still room for improvement, I hope the ranking doesn't go to their heads.

The "kinda" part has to do with where I live. I'm a half hour from the Bucknell campus. There are a lot of kids in the school I teach in who suddenly became Bucknell fans after they beat KU (because they're front runners AND because they know I love KU). I've had kids busting my balls all year that KU wasn't ranked, but now that we are, at least I can give them a lesson in inequalities.
teach on :KU:

DJay23
02-13-2006, 05:36 PM
teach on :KU:
I actually get a lot of kids to pull for KU. This isn't an area of the country that really follows college hoops (Penn State is the closest Big Conference team. Enough said) so there really isn't any allegiance to a school. There are a lot of Duke/Carolina fans. Syracuse is pretty popular too.

I actually convinced one of the better 7th grade basketball players a couple years ago that he should consider going to KU if the opportunity came up down the road. He's now in high school. He's pretty good, but not DI good.

ArrowheadHawk
02-13-2006, 05:38 PM
I actually get a lot of kids to pull for KU. This isn't an area of the country that really follows college hoops (Penn State is the closest Big Conference team. Enough said) so there really isn't any allegiance to a school. There are a lot of Duke/Carolina fans. Syracuse is pretty popular too.

I actually convinced one of the better 7th grade basketball players a couple years ago that he should consider going to KU if the opportunity came up down the road. He's now in high school. He's pretty good, but not DI good.
good job :clap:

ArrowheadHawk
02-14-2006, 12:38 AM
we got our first win as a ranked team :thumb:

Rausch
02-14-2006, 12:41 AM
Now that MU has a head coach that isn't snorting coke off the asscracks of the cheerleaders in his spare time we might play to potential.

Not probable, but possible...

ChiefsFanatic
02-14-2006, 12:57 AM
Now that MU has a head coach that isn't snorting coke off the asscracks of the cheerleaders in his spare time we might play to potential.

Not probable, but possible...

I guess you are not on the Larry Eustachy Bandwagon. ROFL

banyon
02-14-2006, 01:16 AM

*correction* I guess it hadn't been updated when I checked it earlier.
Bracketology (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/bracketology)
We are now a #5 Seed in this bracket:

1)UCONN
16)Play-in-game

8)George Mason
9)California

5)Kansas
12)Utah St.

4)N.C. State
13)Iona

6)North Carolina
11)UNC Wilmington

3)Florida
14)Northwestern St. (La)

7)So. Illinois
10)Marquette

2)Ohio St.
15)IUPUI

I think Gonzaga or N.C. State is almost a wash, but we would have to play UCONN in the 3rd as opposed to Ohio St. IMO you're almost always better off as a 6 seed. Not to mention that te 5/12 matchup is the most common one for 1st round upsets. Utah St? Dang. They gave us a good game a couple of years ago when we were a #2.

greg63
02-14-2006, 01:28 AM

1)UCONN
16)Play-in-game

8)George Mason
9)California

5)Kansas
12)Utah St.

4)N.C. State
13)Iona

6)North Carolina
11)UNC Wilmington

3)Florida
14)Northwestern St. (La)

7)So. Illinois
10)Marquette

2)Ohio St.
15)IUPUI

I think Gonzaga or N.C. State is almost a wash, but we would have to play UCONN in the 3rd as opposed to Ohio St. IMO you're almost always better off as a 6 seed. Not to mention that te 5/12 matchup is the most common one for 1st round upsets. Utah St? Dang. They gave us a good game a couple of years ago when we were a #2.

KU hitting their stride.

CoMoChief
02-14-2006, 01:31 AM
Just think if Kansas could have won all of those close games like Arkansas,St. Joesephs, MU, Nevada, they could be sitting at a pretty 22-2 record. 'm considering that Arizona was a butt kicking and that KSU was a game the KU played so shitty in no way in hell did they deserve to even think about winning that game. Every other game besides Arizona and KSU was decided by 3pts or less.

Lzen
02-14-2006, 08:18 AM

Last year's Jayhawks were really good earlier in the season and really started faltering later. And them came the NCAA tourney game. I think this year's team is looking just the opposite.

Skip Towne
02-14-2006, 08:36 AM
Just think if Kansas could have won all of those close games like Arkansas,St. Joesephs, MU, Nevada, they could be sitting at a pretty 22-2 record. 'm considering that Arizona was a butt kicking and that KSU was a game the KU played so shitty in no way in hell did they deserve to even think about winning that game. Every other game besides Arizona and KSU was decided by 3pts or less.
If we had won those two rival games like we should have (especially MU) we would now be riding a 17 game winning streak.

Skip Towne
02-14-2006, 08:38 AM
I guess you are not on the Larry Eustachy Bandwagon. ROFL
I'm on the Stacy Eustachy bandwagon. What a MILF!!!

Mr. Laz
02-14-2006, 10:58 AM
finally.

lets not screw it up tonite.
well ... the Hawks manage to overcome sedated's bad jinx mojo and win the game.

someone should shove a pencil up sedated's penis for that comment. :cuss: (i nominate gopaint)

CoMoChief
02-15-2006, 10:57 AM

1)UCONN
16)Play-in-game

8)George Mason
9)California

5)Kansas
12)Utah St.

4)N.C. State
13)Iona

6)North Carolina
11)UNC Wilmington

3)Florida
14)Northwestern St. (La)

7)So. Illinois
10)Marquette

2)Ohio St.
15)IUPUI

Yeah having UNC, FL, OSU, and UCONN all in the same bracket is not fun to anyone who is a KU fan.

ArrowheadHawk
02-15-2006, 11:15 AM
the harder the bracket the better i like it remember when we went thru duke, arizona on our way to the title game.....if only we coulda shot free throws

DJay23
02-15-2006, 12:11 PM
the harder the bracket the better i like it remember when we went thru duke, arizona on our way to the title game.....if only we coulda shot free throws
That was considered the toughest region that year. If I remember right it included KU, Arizona, Duke, and Notre Dame, who was tough that year as the #5.