PDA

View Full Version : Rick Majerus

cmh6476
02-13-2006, 12:52 PM
I really think I'd like to see him become the next MU head coach. It'd be nice to see them get back to where they once were so our rivarly actually meant something again :)

htismaqe
02-13-2006, 12:53 PM
MU is gonna hire a mid-major guy. Bank on it.

Chiefs Pantalones
02-13-2006, 12:54 PM
Not even Bruce Lee can save the Tigers.

sedated
02-13-2006, 12:54 PM
f*ck that. no way I want them beating us (unless it's a fluke, Christian Moody)

I'm on the Tom Creen bandwagon, now that he's done riding Dwayne Wade's coattails.

Skip Towne
02-13-2006, 12:55 PM
I really think I'd like to see him become the next MU head coach. It'd be nice to see them get back to where they once were so our rivarly actually meant something again :)
Where they once were? Where the hell were they? They've never been to a Final Four.

cmh6476
02-13-2006, 12:57 PM
f*ck that. no way I want them beating us (unless it's a fluke, Christian Moody)

I'm on the Tom Creen bandwagon, now that he's done riding Dwayne Wade's coattails.

they find a way to beat us no matter who is coaching, and no matter what players they have on the court. If they played every game with the intensity they bring when they face the Jayhawks, Quinn would still be there.

cmh6476
02-13-2006, 12:58 PM
Where they once were? Where the hell were they? They've never been to a Final Four.

They were once a respected program back in Norm's glory days. They definitely aren't there anymore...

beavis
02-13-2006, 12:58 PM
We can't afford the salaries that players like yours command.

Saulbadguy
02-13-2006, 01:00 PM
Majerus vs Mangino in the Border Buffet Showdown.

cmh6476
02-13-2006, 01:00 PM

an MU fan trying to allude to the fact that KU's program is dirty is laughable at best.

cmh6476
02-13-2006, 01:18 PM
I hear Majerus met with NU's AD maybe last week.

Is NU really a better opportunity than MU? :shrug:

Skip Towne
02-13-2006, 01:20 PM
Don't hate us 'cause we're rich.

Saulbadguy
02-13-2006, 01:20 PM
I hear Majerus met with NU's AD maybe last week.

Is NU really a better opportunity than MU? :shrug:
Not at all.

NU is possibly the worst coaching job in the Big XII for basketball.

cmh6476
02-13-2006, 01:21 PM
Not at all.

NU is possibly the worst coaching job in the Big XII for basketball.

worse than Baylor?

Saulbadguy
02-13-2006, 01:24 PM
worse than Baylor?
Football wise, Baylor is probably the worst. Basketball, i'd put them at next to worst.

Ultra Peanut
02-13-2006, 02:30 PM
"I've gotta go to the bathroom. Can I go?"

Cochise
02-13-2006, 02:42 PM
Funny stuff from tigerboard. Apparently, Harpo's has told Mizzou to get bent.

Normally the school athletics department held a radio show there on Monday night, but the owner of Harpos does not like the way Gary Link was treated by Mike Alden.

(Link said this weekend that Alden sent him to tell Snyder he would be canned at the end of the season instead of telling Snyder himself. Alden denied that, calling Link a liar basically).

The owner of Harpos said they could find someplace else to go, since he's friends with Gary Link and they threw him under the bus.

ChiefInUtah
02-13-2006, 02:43 PM
I didn't think Majerus could coach anymore after all the health problems he had.

cmh6476
02-13-2006, 02:57 PM
Funny stuff from tigerboard. Apparently, Harpo's has told Mizzou to get bent.

Normally the school athletics department held a radio show there on Monday night, but the owner of Harpos does not like the way Gary Link was treated by Mike Alden.

(Link said this weekend that Alden sent him to tell Snyder he would be canned at the end of the season instead of telling Snyder himself. Alden denied that, calling Link a liar basically).

The owner of Harpos said they could find someplace else to go, since he's friends with Gary Link and they threw him under the bus.

somethin seemed a bit out of place when Quin said they'd basically have to kick him out, and then just a day or two later he ends up resigning. :shrug:

And now we haven't heard a thing from him out of the media since the whole ordeal went down. It'll be interesting to see how it all plays out, but this isn't doing Alden any good for his next hire, and the program is in a state of complete disarray. They really need someone like Majerus to come in and turn things back around and get the program moving in the right direction. Maybe MU needs to rethink their decision to stay with Alden...

Sure-Oz
02-13-2006, 03:02 PM
They def. need a guy that can coach, majerus would def. be a candidate i want esp with his successes at utah.

Saulbadguy
02-13-2006, 03:04 PM
How about Billy Gillispie for the next coach?
By Graham Watson
02/13/2006 1:13 pm

The Olympics is apparently the source for the best gossip.

Vahe Gregorian has been talking with several sources who tell him Texas A&M coach Billy Gillispie would be interested in the Missouri job. I’ve also heard the same thing from several reliable sources and sources close to Gillispie. In just two seasons, Gillispie has turned the Texas A&M program from an 0-16 Big 12 Conference team to a viable contender for the upper half of the league standings.

Vahe asked me to pass this along:

Texas A&M coach Billy Gillispie has told an associate he’s interested in the head coaching job at Mizzou.

The dynamic Gillispie is a former assistant to Bill Self at Tulsa and Illinois. He did wonders at Texas-El Paso and has invigorated the Texas A&M program.

But his contract with A&M is thought to be heavily binding, given his brief stay at UTEP (two seasons) and his short time in College Station.

Here is Gillispie’s bio:

http://www.aggieathletics.com/coaches.php?SID=MBB&CID=147

beavis
02-13-2006, 03:06 PM
Don't hate us 'cause we're rich.
Trust me, that's not why we hate you.

Skip Towne
02-13-2006, 03:19 PM
Trust me, that's not why we hate you.
Yes, I understand. It's jealousy. The only time MU ever made a highlight reel was when Ty Edney single handedly made a fool of them.

beavis
02-13-2006, 03:22 PM
Yes, I understand. It's jealousy. The only time MU ever made a highlight reel was when Ty Edney single handedly made a fool of them.
Sincerely,
Bucknell

CoMoChief
02-13-2006, 03:26 PM
they find a way to beat us no matter who is coaching, and no matter what players they have on the court. If they played every game with the intensity they bring when they face the Jayhawks, Quinn would still be there.

You mean intensity at home right?

CoMoChief
02-13-2006, 03:28 PM
I'm on the Neil Dougherty bandwagon.

cmh6476
02-13-2006, 03:31 PM
You mean intensity at home right?

i think they even have that intensity at AFH, it's just never quite enough to put em over the top ;)

Skip Towne
02-13-2006, 06:55 PM
Sincerely,
Bucknell
Seriously, have you noticed Bucknell is ranked in the top 25 and you're not? Didn't think so.