PDA

View Full Version : In a way, Im content this Kansas City Chiefs team does not have a true #1 WR

RedThat
02-14-2006, 12:23 PM
I finished watching "NFL Receivers: Wide open" on "NFL Network". after watching the show, I have a new impression on WR's. I think they are the biggest attention whores, and the most selfish players in the league. Also, probably the most egotistical.

Now dont get me wrong, receivers are awesome. They do make big plays. I just sometimes question their morale to the team. Like I wonder, is it more important to some receivers to see themselves steal the spotlight, and catch the ball 8-10 times a game rather then see their team win? I think so sometimes.

It was funny, because they had Phil Sims on the show, and he said, he kinda hated WR's, for the main purpose of having to throw the ball 8-10 times a game. He thinks its boosts their ego. And he didn't like it, I can see why, and i don't blame the guy.

Maybe having a true legit #1 WR on your team is a bad thing, I look at it as a possible distraction. Which now bring me to the Chiefs, we don't have this on our team. And I do like it, we don't need a distraction, why have a guy on your team that is only concerned about the spotlight, and wants the ball 8-10 times a game? And when your team loses, chances are he will complain that he isn't getting the ball enough. And will act like a suck, and blame other people for the teams failures.

We are very fortunate imo we don't have this on our team. Im not just referring to T.O. in general, a lot of receivers are like this.

Cherryontop
02-14-2006, 06:03 PM
hey Redbull..what do u call Tony G?a blocking Te or isnt he the same guy who lead the league in catches just 2 years ago??Thats a number one reciever!!
Not everyone yaps like T.o,or Irvin who wont shut up..what about corners who think theyre all that..u know like Warfield who cant cover me..but im pretty sure u were pretty scared facing Randy and now maybe T.O in the same Division.We couldnt even cover the Reche Caldwells of the world.Remember that Minny game we went to,lol...Moss owned the Chiefs.Thankgod the Raaaiiiiiiiddddaaassss stink and have no Qb.

Just playing with you Dog.....but yeah....TONY GONZALES is a number one reciever all the way!!

The only thing i will say..Never draft a wr in the top 10...i never agreed with that philosophy some teams have!!Other than Torry Holt..i cant really remember a wr taken that early make any impact!!

Reaper16
02-14-2006, 06:20 PM
hey Redbull..what do u call Tony G?a blocking Te or isnt he the same guy who lead the league in catches just 2 years ago??Thats a number one reciever!!
Not everyone yaps like T.o,or Irvin who wont shut up..what about corners who think theyre all that..u know like Warfield who cant cover me..but im pretty sure u were pretty scared facing Randy and now maybe T.O in the same Division.We couldnt even cover the Reche Caldwells of the world.Remember that Minny game we went to,lol...Moss owned the Chiefs.Thankgod the Raaaiiiiiiiddddaaassss stink and have no Qb.

Just playing with you Dog.....but yeah....TONY GONZALES is a number one reciever all the way!!

The only thing i will say..Never draft a wr in the top 10...i never agreed with that philosophy some teams have!!Other than Torry Holt..i cant really remember a wr taken that early make any impact!!
He said #1 WR. I don't think Tony G can be that, simply because of the definitions of WR and TE.

Cherryontop
02-14-2006, 08:25 PM
Tony G is one of the best recieving Tes who splits out at times..gets doubled team because as K.Cs NUMBER ONE TARGET..hes their number one reciever.Hes not a checkdown Te...He creates awesome mismatches..i remember Denver putting Champ on him..the rest of the times..hes gonna take 2 defenders cause hell kill linebacker s or safeties one on one.

Hes still a number one reciever/Te....whatever...he catches balls and demands double teams..a number one reciever for this team all the way!!

Hes not the second or 3rd option like some tightends..hes the go to go guy all the time..

htismaqe
02-14-2006, 08:27 PM
Can someone translate?

Saulbadguy
02-14-2006, 08:43 PM
Tony is a #1 WR.

htismaqe
02-14-2006, 08:45 PM
Tony is a #1 WR.

He is?

I thought he was a tight end?

Saulbadguy
02-14-2006, 08:49 PM
He is?

I thought he was a tight end?
Me too.

BigChiefFan
02-15-2006, 07:55 AM
I'm NOT content with it. It's GREAT that we spread the ball around, but we could still use a legit TRUE number 1 WR. Add Kennison's age and the rest of the WRs and we need some help.

Kennison-still a productive WR, but I can only see him producing at his current level for 2 years more.

Parker-decent player, who will never become a No.1 WR, IMO. So far he has been more of a possession receiver as a Chief. Has potential to continue to improve, but will he?

Hall-He's quick as lightning, but he's definitely not an every down WR. He's a little on the smallish size, too.

Horn-Overachiever, who has a great work ethic. Good special teamer, but could be replaced.

Thorpe-Lights out?/ or Snoop Minnis part II? If we aren't sure about him, we shouldn't leave it up to chance.

Boerigter-Kicked ass for one year, then has disappeared. Will the real Marc Boerigter please stand up, please stand up, please stand up?

RedThat
02-15-2006, 09:14 AM

All Im trying to get at here is, the cockiness, selfishness, and egos that are being displayed by WR's in the league.

A lot of receivers are like that. Moss, Owens, Chad johnson, Steve Smith, etc....Sure these guys are great players, they make big plays. Its just that, they can be distractions. They get all the media attention, stealing the spotlight Id call it. And they love it. They thrive off it.

Randy Moss? please. Multi-talented player, but I question his heart and desire to play the game. Who can forget the time he walked off the field when his team was losing! thank goodness the Raiders have him and the Chiefs don't.

RedThat
02-15-2006, 09:16 AM
Cherryontop,

Gonzalez is not a #1 WR. He is a tight end. When I say WR, I mean an actual WR. You know, like Randy Moss, Chad Johnson, Terrell Owens, etc.

Mr. Laz
02-15-2006, 10:01 AM
at this point we can't even be sure that Tony is the same TE he used be ... let alone a #1 WR.

Cherryontop
02-15-2006, 04:08 PM
Randy wants to win..u think he like to lose..why do u think Red McCombs traded him....u know why Redbull.....he told Red McCheap that theres too much pressure on him and Daunte and to spend his damn money..not just at the Cap requirement....thats the real truth..he loved Minny and still has a home there.He can be a punk at times....but nothing like T.O in terms of being a jerk.

Tony Gonzales WAS THE LEADING RECIEVER in the NFL 2 years ago or is that just my imaginaation??

He play TE...but demands everything a number one reciever..ie double teams..hes a glorified reciever...
whatever u want to call him DOESNT even matter..the Chiefs have a great offensive weapon who is the number one recieving option in that offense.

U r telling me u wouldnt want Steve Smith??Chad Johnson??
They have celebrations but theyre not a distraction..doesnt Tony G shoot hoops or dunks the goal posts??Theyre having fun...this is a game people.....

This coming from a guy who wishes the Chiefs never got rid of Horn??the same guy who had a kid with Willie Roafs ex wife??...

Anyways.....i did tape Herm Edwards in his own words,though i missed about 20 minutes..i love this coach!!

Peace Redbull...
And the home of the
Chieeeeeeeefffffffssssssss

Cherryontop
02-15-2006, 04:14 PM
btw..im sure u were real happy when the same Randy Moss scored 4 tds in 2 games against our Chiefs as a Viking..the Raidaaaaas stink...its not Randys fault..they took him out in the last game..4 downs from the one...THAT team is moronic....but it aint Randy bringing them down....they have what 3 winning seasons in 15 years....Ask the Vikings if they miss Randy??..btw..im also a Viking fan,but i follow the Chiefs closely also.

dj56dt58
02-21-2006, 09:37 AM

Tony G is a douchebag too

Mecca
02-21-2006, 10:40 AM
I really could careless who's a douchebag and who's not. I want the best possible players on the field at every position regardless. I think alot of people need to come off this idea that every player on the team has to be this overly nice guy that everyone loves. We don't personally know the players.........so why do we even care. I care if they win games, nothing more, nothing less.

dj56dt58
02-22-2006, 08:59 PM
I really could careless who's a douchebag and who's not. I want the best possible players on the field at every position regardless. I think alot of people need to come off this idea that every player on the team has to be this overly nice guy that everyone loves. We don't personally know the players.........so why do we even care. I care if they win games, nothing more, nothing less.
tru..but not if their gonna destroy the team because all they care about is padding their stats and getting media attention