PDA

View Full Version : Bobby Knight walking off the set of "Cold Pizza"?

KCChiefsFan88
02-14-2006, 02:37 PM
Some talk around the office today about Bobby Knight getting angry and walking off the set of "Cold Pizza" this morning. Apparently he was asked a question about Mike Davis/Indiana and got up and left.

Anyone see this and can elaborate?

Boon
02-14-2006, 02:43 PM
He didn't throw a chair?
The old bastard must be mellowing.

shakesthecat
02-14-2006, 02:45 PM
He didn't throw a chair?

Nah, he tried to strangle Woody Paige before he left.

Boon
02-14-2006, 02:47 PM

Hope he killed the sumbitch!!

banyon
02-14-2006, 02:53 PM
It's understandable. That show really has some hard-hitting journalists.

alpha_omega
02-14-2006, 02:55 PM
Cold Pizza and Bobby Knight...a perfect pair!
They deserve each other.

chiefqueen
02-14-2006, 04:48 PM

.......yeah, Mariotti paid Knight to do it before Mariotti went to the Olympics.

DanT
02-14-2006, 04:57 PM
It's understandable. That show really has some hard-hitting journalists.

ROFL

chief52
02-14-2006, 06:48 PM
I never saw it, but heard it on ESPN radio. A woman host asked Bobby about Indiana/Davis etc...and he said he was not there to talk about Indiana etc... Then she said, ya' but you coached there so what do you think about...and asked the same long question about Indiana/Davis again. Knight never said anything, you just hear her saying " Do not take your ear piece out..." Guess he just took it out and left. I can not blame him. She asked once and was told he would not talk about it and then rammed it at him again. I am not pushing Knight, but from what I heard he was totally in the right.

chiefqueen
02-15-2006, 08:09 AM
I never saw it, but heard it on ESPN radio. A woman host asked Bobby about Indiana/Davis etc...and he said he was not there to talk about Indiana etc... Then she said, ya' but you coached there so what do you think about...and asked the same long question about Indiana/Davis again. Knight never said anything, you just hear her saying " Do not take your ear piece out..." Guess he just took it out and left. I can not blame him. She asked once and was told he would not talk about it and then rammed it at him again. I am not pushing Knight, but from what I heard he was totally in the right.

The woman host name's is Dana Jacobson and she apparently will not be on Cold Pizza today b/c when they came on at 8:00 to show highlights from last night she was not on,

Coincindence??????????????

milkman
02-15-2006, 08:15 AM

No he wasn't right.

Did anyone hear any of the Wayne Gretsky press conference apparently in Italy?

He handle that with class.

Knight is a classless jerk who needs to get his ass kicked.

Skip Towne
02-15-2006, 08:16 AM
She's lucky he didn't throw a potted plant at her like he did his secretary.

greg63
02-15-2006, 08:16 AM
He didn't throw a chair?

...or kick somebody???

CoMoChief
02-15-2006, 08:54 AM

I'd personally rather watch him beat the piss out of Skip Bayless.

greg63
02-15-2006, 09:24 AM
I wonder, when he dies, if they really will burry him face down.

Calcountry
02-15-2006, 09:29 AM
I never saw it, but heard it on ESPN radio. A woman host asked Bobby about Indiana/Davis etc...and he said he was not there to talk about Indiana etc... Then she said, ya' but you coached there so what do you think about...and asked the same long question about Indiana/Davis again. Knight never said anything, you just hear her saying " Do not take your ear piece out..." Guess he just took it out and left. I can not blame him. She asked once and was told he would not talk about it and then rammed it at him again. I am not pushing Knight, but from what I heard he was totally in the right.My estimation is that Knight is old school in that he doesn't deal well with pushy broads. This chick was a pushy broad. Hats off to Knight for not cussing the B*** as he left.

Knight has a right of free speech and the right to exercise silence as well.

No pushy broad can force it out of him, regardless of whether she thinks she has nuts or not, she just found out that she couldn't carry Knights if she had a wheelbarrow.

CoMoChief
02-15-2006, 10:08 AM
Got to respect the guy in the way he deals with the dumbasses of the media. When players, coaches, front office people you name it, say they're not gonna talk about a certain issue, it pisses me off to no end that still some ****in reporters out there disregard any comment the person said and ask about the question anyway. If I were Knight I would have asked if she was retarded on the air. When she said "no I'm not", I would have then said, "well then why did you ask me that question again after me telling you that I wasn't going to answer?" Then I would keep on repeating that question to her until she gave me an answer that made any sense at all. I would love to be a coach or someone who addresses the media on a constant basis. I believe that if the media wants to exploit an individual on the air, I think the individual should exploit the media right back. Knight is great in press conferences. They should make a mini series of it by putting all of them together in a DVD set. I know I would get it.

CoMoChief
02-15-2006, 10:11 AM
Listening him talk about "an un-named source" is a classic. "If I said that you sleep with sheep......" LOL