PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft Countdown seems to think we need a CB as well...

htismaqe
02-14-2006, 09:12 PM
1) Cornerback
Improvement was made but they still need another top corner.

2) Defensive Tackle
This team lacks a difference maker on the interior.

3) Wide Receiver
Eddie Kennison is getting older and they don't have a true #1.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/features/teamneeds.html#kcc

jspchief
02-15-2006, 08:32 AM
You'll have a hard time convincing me that we're going to upgrade over Warfield with the 20th pick in the draft.

The average age of our safeties is something like 28. Not only do we need the youth, we need an upgrade at FS that could be found at the 20th pick.

BigChiefFan
02-15-2006, 08:42 AM
I think CB is ALWAYS a smart move because there are at least FOUR on every team. With injuries and FA, having a good nucleus of CBs is a wise move, but I definitely think we should look at improving the secondary later in the draft, unless Jimmy Williams is sitting there at 20. Even then, I have my reservations going CB at 20.

HolmeZz
02-15-2006, 12:11 PM
I think we need to improve at corner too. We overrate Warfield. I'd be happy taking Youboty at #20.

htismaqe
02-15-2006, 12:16 PM
I don't have a problem drafting depth at CB. But we've tied up way too much of the cap at that position already.

No way would I take one in the 1st round.

milkman
02-15-2006, 09:09 PM
I think we need to improve at corner too. We overrate Warfield. I'd be happy taking Youboty at #20.

So to say that Warfield is a solid #2 corner is overrating him?

While I'm not against drafting CB in the first, if he's the BAA, I have to believe that someone at another position of more need will be there that also qualifies as BAA, or a least a close second best.

HolmeZz
02-16-2006, 01:02 AM
Solid sometimes. But to act as if we couldn't improve upon him is overrating him.

jspchief
02-16-2006, 01:26 AM
Solid sometimes. But to act as if we couldn't improve upon him is overrating him.I don't think we could improve on him this year with a rookie taken at the #20 spot. Or I guess I should say that I think it's highly unlikely.

Very few rookie CBs make an immediate impact. Even the most highly touted ones usually end up as nickelbacks at best in their rookie year.

We have two or three young CBs that we have been developing that are probably as likely to take Warfield's spot as a rookie would be.

Mecca
02-16-2006, 06:35 AM
From what I've seen, most people that aren't fans of the Chiefs don't think Eric Warfield is very good. They look at our list and think "they have Surtain and no one else at corner." In a way that's probably not a horrible view.

Benny Sapp for as much as everyone around here seems to love him, shouldn't be more than a 4-5th on the depth, situational corner that plays special teams. McCleon and Washington will likely both be let go,Washington had a nice year last year but I wouldn't expect him back.

So that opens 2 spots, Alphonso Hodge can take one. I'm not so sure we wouldn't be better off cutting Warfield and going with a younger guy there. Or atleast moving him to FS and getting rid of Wesleys horrible ass.

I'm hoping there's atleast 1 new starter in that secondary, if there's not, I'll be a little upset.

BigChiefFan
02-16-2006, 08:09 AM
I think some of you are forgetting Julian Battle was slated to be a STARTER last year before his injury. CB isn't as big of a need as some of the media would lead you to believe.

Chiefnj
02-16-2006, 09:08 AM
I think some of you are forgetting Julian Battle was slated to be a STARTER last year before his injury. CB isn't as big of a need as some of the media would lead you to believe.

He was slated to be a starter because Warfield was suspened, McLEon was banged up and there was nobody else. It doesn't mean he's any good.

BigChiefFan
02-16-2006, 09:57 AM
He was slated to be a starter because Warfield was suspened, McLEon was banged up and there was nobody else. It doesn't mean he's any good. I tend to agree that Warfield being suspended probably helped Battle win the starting job, but is still doesn't negate that he was slated to be the starter and will be back next season.

NCarlsCorner2
02-17-2006, 10:44 PM
You'll have a hard time convincing me that we're going to upgrade over Warfield with the 20th pick in the draft.

The average age of our safeties is something like 28. Not only do we need the youth, we need an upgrade at FS that could be found at the 20th pick.

how about Antonio Cromartie, you dont think that he would be an upgrade.:shrug:

Kclee
02-18-2006, 10:11 AM

I see what you're saying but I don't know if you can take a risk like that with the 20th pick. Did he even play last year? He has great size and I guess we'll see what kind of speed he has at the combine. It will be interesting to see where he goes in the draft. Maybe with the second pick the Chiefs draft...

Mr. Laz
02-18-2006, 10:58 AM
I don't have a problem drafting depth at CB. But we've tied up way too much of the cap at that position already.

No way would I take one in the 1st round.
we could if warfield became our free safety

our safety position is just all screwed up :shake:

wesley - not really a free safety, doesn't seem real smart. new contract

woods - old,hurt and slow. new contract

Bartee - :shrug:

lots of money tied up in guys who aren't good enough

Mecca
02-18-2006, 01:12 PM

That would be a pick I'd be fine with..........He's a top 10 talent so I have no problem with taking the risk on that pick. He's got the size and speed to be elite level corner.

htismaqe
02-19-2006, 10:53 AM
we could if warfield became our free safety

our safety position is just all screwed up :shake:

wesley - not really a free safety, doesn't seem real smart. new contract

woods - old,hurt and slow. new contract

Bartee - :shrug:

lots of money tied up in guys who aren't good enough

Rookies very rarely make an impact at corner, especially one coming off a catastrophic injury. You'd also have two guys learning a position instead of just one.

We'd have better luck putting Cromartie at FS and keeping Warfield where he is.

htismaqe
02-19-2006, 10:55 AM
That would be a pick I'd be fine with..........He's a top 10 talent so I have no problem with taking the risk on that pick. He's got the size and speed to be elite level corner.

There's a reason he's fallen all the way to the 2nd or 3rd -- nobody knows if he can play.

That's not a risk you take with your 1st-round pick, unless you want another Junior Siavii, only this time at CB.

Mr. Laz
02-19-2006, 12:24 PM
Rookies very rarely make an impact at corner, especially one coming off a catastrophic injury. You'd also have two guys learning a position instead of just one.

We'd have better luck putting Cromartie at FS and keeping Warfield where he is.
other teams have had alot more success than us at starting young guys.

but whatever works

Mecca
02-19-2006, 03:50 PM
There's a reason he's fallen all the way to the 2nd or 3rd -- nobody knows if he can play.

That's not a risk you take with your 1st-round pick, unless you want another Junior Siavii, only this time at CB.

Siavii was never thought of as an elite level player like Cromartie. He'll run at the combine he claims he's been running in the high 4.3 to low 4.4 range. If he does that then I'm fine with picking him. An ACL injury isn't a death sentence anymore.

htismaqe
02-19-2006, 04:09 PM
other teams have had alot more success than us at starting young guys.

but whatever works

Not at CB, they haven't.

Even the top ones, like Terrance Newman, take 3/4 of a season to get in stride.

htismaqe
02-19-2006, 04:11 PM
Siavii was never thought of as an elite level player like Cromartie. He'll run at the combine he claims he's been running in the high 4.3 to low 4.4 range. If he does that then I'm fine with picking him. An ACL injury isn't a death sentence anymore.

I wasn't comparing him to Siavii in that way.

The comparison to Siavii is that there's a better than good chance that he won't see the field, which would make him a worthless pick.

I realize what kind of athlete Cromartie is, he could have been a top 5 pick any other year.

But right now he's a HUGE risk at #20 overall unless something changes dramatically in the next few weeks.

Mecca
02-19-2006, 04:16 PM
I wasn't comparing him to Siavii in that way.

The comparison to Siavii is that there's a better than good chance that he won't see the field, which would make him a worthless pick.

I realize what kind of athlete Cromartie is, he could have been a top 5 pick any other year.

But right now he's a HUGE risk at #20 overall unless something changes dramatically in the next few weeks.

Like running a 4.39 at the combine........which he claims he's run 4.39 40's lately.

I understand he's risky, but it's hard to find good corners and you have a shot at a top 5 talent at 20. Start him right away, move Warfield back to FS, dump Wesleys sorry butt. I'd be happy with that.

I understand if one of the other guys falls Cromartie may not be a sound pick, but I think theres a realistic shot he's going to be the best player available when we pick.

htismaqe
02-20-2006, 09:00 PM
Like running a 4.39 at the combine........which he claims he's run 4.39 40's lately.

I understand he's risky, but it's hard to find good corners and you have a shot at a top 5 talent at 20. Start him right away, move Warfield back to FS, dump Wesleys sorry butt. I'd be happy with that.

I understand if one of the other guys falls Cromartie may not be a sound pick, but I think theres a realistic shot he's going to be the best player available when we pick.

I think drafting a CB and moving to Warfield is a bad move, if a talented FS is available at #20.

There's no sense in having 2 guys learning positions...

booger
02-20-2006, 09:41 PM
This draft seems to have good depth for day one and in some cases beyond at CB, S, OT, G, and C. LB as well, allthough that isn't as much of a need as the others listed.

It will be interesting to see what we do with our cuts. Bell and MCleon seem likely. Woods makes sense if we can afford it, which doesn't look good now. I could see Warfield and Wesley as possibilities as well. I'd rather hold on to EW. Just that he is one suspension away from a 1 year ban and his chronic back problems. Wesley makes a lot of plays and picks. Just too inconsistant in tackling and bad angles. His off field problems add concern as well.

Other than Holmes, i don't think there is a WR we would target in RD 1. Maybe Jackson if we could trade down.

It looks like Bunkley could be available and is a safe pick for a DT.

The safest pick might be a OL like Justice, Joseph, or McNeil.

I don't like the idea of taking a S/CB combo guy that high, but Huff, Williams, and Cromartie would be hard to pass up if they slide or in Cromarties case his health. I believe all three would be worth a look at CB and would be fine if they had to be moved to FS. Tye Hill might be the safe pick though.

With our needs matching the depth of day one, at least that is encouraging. Now we just need to make the right picks.

dj56dt58
02-20-2006, 09:51 PM
Why is it people are saying Warfield needs to be replaced...and replaced by BATTLE?? Did I miss something? Since when is Battle good?

Kclee
02-21-2006, 08:12 AM
Why is it people are saying Warfield needs to be replaced...and replaced by BATTLE?? Did I miss something? Since when is Battle good?

Booger talked about it in his post above. If EW has one more incident, then he is gone for the year. He also has back problems, and he will be 30 in like a month. He doesn't have much left in the tank. I'm almost willing to bet this is his last year as a Chief. Now you don't want to start a rookie CB, so you draft one this year to take over for Warfield next year. And I'm not sold on Battle. He didn't play at all last year, and who knows about all that talk about him starting. Was it wishfull thinking that he was going to be a starter since EW was not going to play the first 4 games? I think Battle was just suppose to fill the role that McCleon and Washington played last year. Not a legit #1 or #2 CB. IMO.

MOhillbilly
02-21-2006, 09:07 AM
I still think we need to go OT in the draft. Does anyone really think that if roaf comes back he will play every down?
Sampson-blows his feet and hands are horrid and black is a gaurd w/ only slightly more talent at the OT than sampson.

it comes down to draft for depth-(i dont agree w/ most of the time w/ a 1-1) vs. draft for a starter who can contribute now.

Draft a CB and move warfield to safety?

milkman
02-21-2006, 09:12 AM
Booger talked about it in his post above. If EW has one more incident, then he is gone for the year. He also has back problems, and he will be 30 in like a month. He doesn't have much left in the tank. I'm almost willing to bet this is his last year as a Chief. Now you don't want to start a rookie CB, so you draft one this year to take over for Warfield next year. And I'm not sold on Battle. He didn't play at all last year, and who knows about all that talk about him starting. Was it wishfull thinking that he was going to be a starter since EW was not going to play the first 4 games? I think Battle was just suppose to fill the role that McCleon and Washington played last year. Not a legit #1 or #2 CB. IMO.

Battle, along with Kawika, was supposed to be the most improved player in camp last year.

I didn't see believe it of Mitchell, until I saw it with my own eyes.

If Battle improved as much as Kawika, and he hasn't taken a step back because of injury, then I think he might just be ready to compete for that #2 spot.

MOhillbilly
02-21-2006, 09:16 AM
If Battle improved as much as Kawika, and he hasn't taken a step back because of injury, then I think he might just be ready to compete for that #2 spot.

cant wait for camp.

htismaqe
02-21-2006, 09:19 AM
Battle, along with Kawika, was supposed to be the most improved player in camp last year.

Good point.

htismaqe
02-21-2006, 09:21 AM
I still think we need to go OT in the draft. Does anyone really think that if roaf comes back he will play every down?
Sampson-blows his feet and hands are horrid and black is a gaurd w/ only slightly more talent at the OT than sampson.

it comes down to draft for depth-(i dont agree w/ most of the time w/ a 1-1) vs. draft for a starter who can contribute now.

Draft a CB and move warfield to safety?

I would prefer to draft a safety and have one guy learning a new position, than draft a CB and have 2 guys learning new positions.

Kclee
02-21-2006, 09:42 AM

That is a good point. That would be amazing if Battle improved as much as KM. I'm still a little suspicious because I fell for the whole camp talk of Kris Wilson. Which makes me wonder what will happen with Kris Wilson. He was Al's trick pony, no?

htismaqe
02-21-2006, 09:45 AM
That is a good point. That would be amazing if Battle improved as much as KM. I'm still a little suspicious because I fell for the whole camp talk of Kris Wilson. Which makes me wonder what will happen with Kris Wilson. He was Al's trick pony, no?

Part of the issue with Wilson last season was Roaf getting hurt. When Roaf went down, we had to change all of our sets to help block. It hurt Gonzo because he was forced to block instead of going out for passes, and hurt Wilson because it forced us to abandon the sets that used him.

MOhillbilly
02-21-2006, 10:01 AM
Part of the issue with Wilson last season was Roaf getting hurt. When Roaf went down, we had to change all of our sets to help block. It hurt Gonzo because he was forced to block instead of going out for passes, and hurt Wilson because it forced us to abandon the sets that used him.

Yet another reason to get a bona-fide OT w/ KCs 1-1. the max protect hurt KC in key situations last year.

milkman
02-21-2006, 10:14 AM
Yet another reason to get a bona-fide OT w/ KCs 1-1. the max protect hurt KC in key situations last year.

In an interview with Solari, or the announcement of his promotion, it was stated that he didn't work on teaching technique to the O-Lineman, which I assume was a responsibilty that fell to Irv Eatman.

Maybe with Matsko, we'll have a better teacher, who can develop Black, Sampson, Parquet, etc.

In this draft, unless an OT is sitting there that we absolutely can't pass up, we need to focus on defense.

Of course, I feel like I'm repeating the same thing from the last five years.

MOhillbilly
02-21-2006, 10:16 AM
In an interview with Solari, or the announcement of his promotion, it was stated that he didn't work on teaching technique to the O-Lineman, which I assume was a responsibilty that fell to Irv Eatman.

Maybe with Matsko, we'll have a better teacher, who can develop Black, Sampson, Parquet, etc.

In this draft, unless an OT is sitting there that we absolutely can't pass up, we need to focus on defense.

Of course, I feel like I'm repeating the same thing from the last five years.

we can get a DT in FA.

Kclee
02-21-2006, 10:32 AM

That brings us back to what MOhillbilly was saying about needing to draft a OT to replace Roaf. I wonder which way the Chiefs are leaning with their first pick? DE, DT, OT, CB, or S. They will probably have to take who ever is rated highest at their position in our area of need, but I wonder what postion they hope falls to 20.

milkman
02-21-2006, 10:35 AM
we can get a DT in FA.

There aren't any DTs coming available that excite me.

MOhillbilly
02-21-2006, 10:37 AM

rocky benard
and The Grady Jackson.

Kclee
02-21-2006, 10:39 AM

Here is a list:

http://proxy.espn.go.com/nfl/fa?positionId=32

Tripplett
plus that huge run stuffer from the Ravens (can't spell his name).
and the ones MO stated.

MOhillbilly
02-21-2006, 10:40 AM
give him a three-four year deal.

milkman
02-21-2006, 10:45 AM
rocky benard
and The Grady Jackson.

I'd really be surprised if Bernard hits the open market, but he would be a candidate if he did.

I don't like the idea of signing a player like Jackson, who has never really reached his full potential, and is on the the downside of his career.

milkman
02-21-2006, 10:50 AM
Here is a list:

http://proxy.espn.go.com/nfl/fa?positionId=32

Tripplett
plus that huge run stuffer from the Ravens (can't spell his name).
and the ones MO stated.

Triplett is depth type player only.
He's not a guy that's going to make an impact.

I do find Kemoeatu intriguing, but you can never be sure what you're getting when signing another team's second stringer.

I was equally as intrigued by Dalton when he was a Ravens' second stringer hitting the open market.

Chiefnj
02-21-2006, 10:50 AM
If you want the biggest bang for your buck and are thinking BAA in the first round, it could be an OLB to replace Bell. You've got Hawk, Greenway and Ryans. Not the biggest need, but one of those three could be the best value at the 20 pick.

MOhillbilly
02-21-2006, 11:02 AM
I'd really be surprised if Bernard hits the open market, but he would be a candidate if he did.

I don't like the idea of signing a player like Jackson, who has never really reached his full potential, and is on the the downside of his career.

The Grady Jackson had 50+ tackles last year.

milkman
02-21-2006, 11:06 AM
The Grady Jackson had 50+ tackles last year.

Based on his first couple of seasons with the Raiders, he had the potential to be so much more than he is.

And he is going into his 10th season, about the time age catches up to a big man like him.

MOhillbilly
02-21-2006, 11:13 AM
Based on his first couple of seasons with the Raiders, he had the potential to be so much more than he is.

And he is going into his 10th season, about the time age catches up to a big man like him.

Im suspect that any of the potential UDTs in this draft will pan out,atleast the ones that will be around 20.
Pure speculation on my part but RS+jackson= double digit sack numbers for DJ & JA and astonomical numbers for KM.
having a bigman would also blur the lines abit for the backfield.
because you sign a 3-4 year deal doesnt mean it gaurenteed, and he wouldnt be an everydown player just in run/playaction heavy situations. Plug in dalton and siavi ect.

milkman
02-21-2006, 11:27 AM
Im suspect that any of the potential UDTs in this draft will pan out,atleast the ones that will be around 20.
Pure speculation on my part but RS+jackson= double digit sack numbers for DJ & JA and astonomical numbers for KM.
having a bigman would also blur the lines abit for the backfield.
because you sign a 3-4 year deal doesnt mean it gaurenteed, and he wouldnt be an everydown player just in run/playaction heavy situations. Plug in dalton and siavi ect.

Signing Grady Jackson wouldn't be a terrible move, but I'd be more inclined to address that need in the draft.

I'm not sure that DJ is ever going to be a double digit sack man, since he's not really used to blitz all that much, at least for now in Gunt's D.

ct
02-21-2006, 11:31 AM
If you want the biggest bang for your buck and are thinking BAA in the first round, it could be an OLB to replace Bell. You've got Hawk, Greenway and Ryans. Not the biggest need, but one of those three could be the best value at the 20 pick.

Ryans is the only of those 3 that has any chance of falling to 20.

htismaqe
02-21-2006, 11:39 AM
It's pretty well-documented that free agent defensive tackles are much more risky than drafted defensive tackles.

Defensive tackles in general are a risk. Big guys like that tend to have more motivational problems.

MOhillbilly
02-21-2006, 11:54 AM
cattleprod.

FA vs. drafted DT? maybe were just jaded..........

Chiefnj
02-21-2006, 11:59 AM
Ryans is the only of those 3 that has any chance of falling to 20.

I wouldn't be too sure of that. LB's almost always tend to slip in the draft - DJ, Boss Bailey, Henderson.

Mecca
02-21-2006, 12:11 PM
I wouldn't be too sure of that. LB's almost always tend to slip in the draft - DJ, Boss Bailey, Henderson.

Ones with question marks.........DJ got railed for months going into that draft, which I'm sure we all remember. Boss Bailey has 2 reconstructed knees, EJ Henderson ran a bad 40 and killed his draft slot.

Spicy McHaggis
02-21-2006, 01:57 PM
Ones with question marks.........DJ got railed for months going into that draft, which I'm sure we all remember. Boss Bailey has 2 reconstructed knees, EJ Henderson ran a bad 40 and killed his draft slot.

EJ had back problems too, IIRC. Unless God is truly a Chiefs fan there is no way Hawk falls to 10 let alone 20.

Chiefnj
02-21-2006, 02:46 PM

DJ got railed, but most mocks and experts talked about him going in the top 10. Draft gurus were head over heals about Bailey and the numbers he put up in his workouts. There was lots of talk how Bailey wasn't going to make it past the Rams who had something like the 10th pick of the draft.

dj56dt58
02-22-2006, 10:05 PM

I forgot they said that. WEll hell if you think about it that way, the chiefs said their most improved players in camp last year were:

LJ-damn
Mitchell-much much improve
Battle-?

LJ and mitchell were definately improved so I guess I would like to see Battle get a shot. But also, 30 isn't that old. Ty Law is older than EW and everyone seems to want him in KC.

Mecca
02-22-2006, 11:08 PM
I forgot they said that. WEll hell if you think about it that way, the chiefs said their most improved players in camp last year were:

LJ-damn
Mitchell-much much improve
Battle-?

LJ and mitchell were definately improved so I guess I would like to see Battle get a shot. But also, 30 isn't that old. Ty Law is older than EW and everyone seems to want him in KC.

Ty Law also has talent and ability Eric Warfield has never even dreamed of having..........

milkman
02-22-2006, 11:40 PM
Ty Law also has talent and ability Eric Warfield has never even dreamed of having..........

That may well be, but I don't want to throw millions of dollars more into the corner position when our problems on defense lie elsewhere.

Chiefnj
02-23-2006, 08:04 AM
From Covitz's article this morning:

"Edwards’ imprint on this draft could be especially important because the Chiefs, who have the 20th pick in the first round, have targeted cornerback and safety as primary needs. "

All those mocks that have the Chiefs looking at a corner in round 1 might not be far off.

htismaqe
02-23-2006, 08:47 AM

"Edwards’ imprint on this draft could be especially important because the Chiefs, who have the 20th pick in the first round, have targeted cornerback and safety as primary needs. "

All those mocks that have the Chiefs looking at a corner in round 1 might not be far off.

Yep, I saw that too. While I don't necessarily agree 100%, I'm excited and happy because they also listed safety as a top priority and IMO that is our #1 need.

Chiefnj
02-23-2006, 08:55 AM
Yep, I saw that too. While I don't necessarily agree 100%, I'm excited and happy because they also listed safety as a top priority and IMO that is our #1 need.

IMO #1 need is the DL. Even with Sean Taylor and Ed Reed in the secondary, without pressure passes are going to be completed.

The problem is that at #20 the BAA probably won't be either a DE or S. Huff and Hali are likely gone which means you have to reach a little with a Bing or Kiwi.

htismaqe
02-23-2006, 09:11 AM
IMO #1 need is the DL. Even with Sean Taylor and Ed Reed in the secondary, without pressure passes are going to be completed.

The problem is that at #20 the BAA probably won't be either a DE or S. Huff and Hali are likely gone which means you have to reach a little with a Bing or Kiwi.

For me #1 need is a tie between DT and S.

But I'm not necessarily saying that #1 need = using our #1 pick. I think there are some NFL-ready safeties that could be had in the 2nd round.

Kclee
02-23-2006, 09:52 AM
For me #1 need is a tie between DT and S.

But I'm not necessarily saying that #1 need = using our #1 pick. I think there are some NFL-ready safeties that could be had in the 2nd round.

I'm guessing you're talking about an upgrade for Wesley. What do you think will happen with him? Cut or benched?

BigChiefFan
02-23-2006, 09:53 AM
It's pretty well-documented that free agent defensive tackles are much more risky than drafted defensive tackles.

Defensive tackles in general are a risk. Big guys like that tend to have more motivational problems.

LMAO- after all we've discussed about Gabe Watson and then I see your comment on DTs in general.

htismaqe
02-23-2006, 11:18 AM
I'm guessing you're talking about an upgrade for Wesley. What do you think will happen with him? Cut or benched?

I'm not sure we can cut him. He re-upped after 2003 with Woods.

I just think Herm came in here and realized that our safeties can't do what he wants to do...

htismaqe
02-23-2006, 11:19 AM
LMAO- after all we've discussed about Gabe Watson and then I see your comment on DTs in general.

Explain.

Mecca
02-23-2006, 12:02 PM

I think the Chiefs are targeting Cromartie thinking he may fall to the 20 slot. This could also say the Chiefs would rather address the line in free agency while grabbing a corner and safety early in the draft.

htismaqe
02-23-2006, 12:05 PM
I think the Chiefs are targeting Cromartie thinking he may fall to the 20 slot. This could also say the Chiefs would rather address the line in free agency while grabbing a corner and safety early in the draft.

Could very well be.

Mecca
02-23-2006, 12:27 PM
This also basically says the writing is on the wall that Wafields not coming back. Unless of course, it's just a bunch of team speak.

htismaqe
02-23-2006, 12:35 PM
This also basically says the writing is on the wall that Wafields not coming back. Unless of course, it's just a bunch of team speak.

I'm really beginning to think that they're getting ready to scrap Warfield.

Mecca
02-23-2006, 12:39 PM
If they cut Warfield and Wesley, drafted Cromartie and a Bing or a Blue. Then addressed the Dline with someone like Grady Jackson, I'd consider that a pretty good offseason for the down year cycle.

htismaqe
02-23-2006, 01:07 PM
If they cut Warfield and Wesley, drafted Cromartie and a Bing or a Blue. Then addressed the Dline with someone like Grady Jackson, I'd consider that a pretty good offseason for the down year cycle.

That would be a killer offseason.

I really like Blue, despite the fact that he's more of a hitter than a Cover 2 safety.