PDA

View Full Version : Military Channel

Simply Red
02-14-2006, 08:28 PM
Just started to watch this channel. I must say; It is very informative and educational. Please feedback.

Skip Towne
02-14-2006, 08:39 PM
I watch it a lot. Lots of good stuff about old airplanes.

htismaqe
02-14-2006, 08:44 PM
I don't get into the modern stuff, but when they talk 19th century tactics or old Roman military stuff, I watch.

Simply Red
02-14-2006, 08:46 PM
I don't get into the modern stuff, but when they talk 19th century tactics or old Roman military stuff, I watch.
Dandy!

Kerberos
02-14-2006, 08:52 PM
I watch it every chance I get.

I really enjoy it when they rate things like fighter planes or bombers in a TOP 10. Starting with 10th and move down to #1.

It's kind of kewl to see the good and bad about things that were from WW1 to modern day Iraqi war and see who the true inovators are.

Of course I like watching the Navy Seal training they had on this morning. I can honestly say I would ring out same day going through that shit.

Frazod
02-14-2006, 09:01 PM
Unless DTV has changed, you have to pay extra for it, and I already pay those assclowns too much as it is.

I kind of quit watching History Channel after it turned into the Tool Channel. I don't know if it's still like that, but it seemed like every time I flipped to 269 one of those friggin Modern Marvels shows was on. Sorry, but I don't give a shit about the History of the Dump Truck. :spock:

Otter
02-14-2006, 09:39 PM
Military Channel, National Geographic Channel, Science Channel and Comcast Sports for Flyers Hockey. I don't even know why I pay for the rest.

In the mornings this week the Military Channel has been running a series on class 234 of BUDS (becoming a SEAL) from day one till graduation. From a class of 80 somthing like 17 of them graduated.

Tough, tough, TOUGH motha fukas.

58-4ever
02-14-2006, 09:42 PM
Unless DTV has changed, you have to pay extra for it, and I already pay those assclowns too much as it is.

I kind of quit watching History Channel after it turned into the Tool Channel. I don't know if it's still like that, but it seemed like every time I flipped to 269 one of those friggin Modern Marvels shows was on. Sorry, but I don't give a shit about the History of the Dump Truck. :spock:

Yeah, **** directv. I guess the military channel only comes with one of the more premium packages.

BIG K
02-14-2006, 09:50 PM
Yeah, **** directv. I guess the military channel only comes with one of the more premium packages.

Perhaps it's a regional thing. I have the basic DTV package and I get the Military Channel. Great show though. I watch it often.

Pants
02-14-2006, 09:55 PM
Military Channel, National Geographic Channel, Science Channel and Comcast Sports for Flyers Hockey. I don't even know why I pay for the rest.

In the mornings this week the Military Channel has been running a series on class 234 of BUDS (becoming a SEAL) from day one till graduation. From a class of 80 somthing like 17 of them graduated.

Tough, tough, TOUGH motha fukas.

Yeah, TLC had that show a few years ago. I wonder what it would feel like only getting 4 hours of sleep for a whole week. Shit, I stay up one day and I feel like shit. Plus when they do get that 40 minutes of sleep, they're woken up to a cold shower from a hose while doing 80 pushups. Hellweek is a bitch.

jidar
02-14-2006, 10:05 PM
I'm a WW2 fanatic. The military channel and history channel are good friends of mine.

KcMizzou
02-14-2006, 10:19 PM
I really like Wild West Tech, on the History channel.

beavis
02-14-2006, 10:23 PM
I forget the name of the it, but there was a show on the Military Channel a while back about the training SEALS have to go through... unreal. Those are some tough bastards.

Ultra Peanut
02-14-2006, 10:31 PM
Reeboks
**** YEAH!
Fake tits
**** YEAH!
Sushi
**** YEAH!
Taco Bell
**** YEAH!
Rodeos
**** YEAH
Bed, Bath, & Beyond
**** yeah, **** YEAH!

Liberty
**** YEAH!
Wax lips
**** YEAH!
The Alamo
**** YEAH!
Band-Aids
**** YEAH!

Dunit35
02-15-2006, 04:58 AM
I have watched the channel a few times and came away impressed every time. My dad watches the channel everyday and always Tivos things on it.

wolfpack0735
02-15-2006, 06:24 AM
they had and maybe rerunning it a 7 or 8 part,hour long each, shows on the ww1. now i was more on watching the ww2 stories but i thought it was great. told of things i didnt know. started before the war till the end of it. almost all old pics and movies of the war. tivo`d them all. its a great channel.

jspchief
02-15-2006, 06:29 AM
This weekend I watched a great re-enactment of an operation in Afghanistan that involved an attempt to take a hill top. There were a lot of similarities to Black Hawk Down, in the way the mission got sidetracked and conditions deteriorated. Really great show, and very moving.

I guess a lot of people are fascinated with airplanes and the air force, because there seems to be a lot of shows about that stuff. Most of that doesn't really interest me. I like the ground operations, from just about any era.