PDA

View Full Version : My dream draft, day 1

ct
02-15-2006, 01:32 PM
1 DE, Tamba Hali, Penn St.
2 DT, Gabe Watson, Michigan
3 QB, Brodie Croyle, Alabama

Fall backs would be Bing in the 1st and Tapp in the 2nd if Hali is gone by 20, Bunkley as secondary target at DT, perhaps we take a stab at a top WR in Holmes(1st) or Jackson(2nd). Like what I read on Croyle, hope we snag him in the 3rd.

Day 2, I'm won't begin to claim I know who any of these prospect are, but I'd like to see with our 4 picks (5th, 2 6ths, 7th, plus comp. picks perhaps), not in any particular order:

OT
WR
S (maybe 2)
RB

Those of you with more in depth knowledge of 2nd day prospects want to fill in your own Day2? Or rip my Day1 to shreds? :)

Spicy McHaggis
02-15-2006, 01:36 PM
Hali, Watson, Croyle would be a slam dunk, imo. I that happened our day 2 could be shit and I wouldn't care less.

Reaper16
02-15-2006, 01:42 PM
Absolute dream draft. I'd love for that to happen.

Too bad it looks as if Hali will be long gone by 20, and Watson shouldn't make it that deep into the 2nd.

Oh well, here's to dreaming.

ct
02-15-2006, 01:46 PM
Absolute dream draft. I'd love for that to happen.

Too bad it looks as if Hali will be long gone by 20, and Watson shouldn't make it that deep into the 2nd.

Oh well, here's to dreaming.

:toast:

:bong:

CHENZ A!
02-15-2006, 05:00 PM
what do you guys think of Kiwanuka at 20?

ct
02-16-2006, 08:34 AM
what do you guys think of Kiwanuka at 20?

I don't.

BigChiefFan
02-16-2006, 08:43 AM
Cory,
We have already discussed this same draft. Of course everybody loves the draft, because we would be getting two players worth more than where we would pick them up at, which makes this somewhat unrealistic.

I would say the majority of the BB would love to have Hali, but most have him as at least a top 15 player in this year's draft.

Watson-most have him as a mid FIRST-Rounder to early second rounder.

ct
02-16-2006, 09:27 AM
For now it is very unrealistic, but we'll see how boards move after the combine.

I still think Hali has a chance to be there @20. Watson @54 is a huge stretch, I'd be cool with Wright or Bunkley there, who may slide to mid/late 2nd.

I'll say again, I'd prefer to nab a FA DT, then go WR in the 2nd, perhaps Chad Jackson lasts until our 2nd.

BigChiefFan
02-16-2006, 09:49 AM
For now it is very unrealistic, but we'll see how boards move after the combine.

I still think Hali has a chance to be there @20. Watson @54 is a huge stretch, I'd be cool with Wright or Bunkley there, who may slide to mid/late 2nd.

I'll say again, I'd prefer to nab a FA DT, then go WR in the 2nd, perhaps Chad Jackson lasts until our 2nd.
Even WITH the combine, one has to assume Hali will go in the top 15. He was the consensus Big-10 lineman of the year. He's got the size and speed that teams look for. He also has the stats to give team's something tangiable to reference and he came up big in the Senior Bowl.
He also plays a highly-coveted position in the NFL. Did I mention he's a pass-rusher, who plays the run very well, too? Add all of that to him playing on a dominate team this year and I think you can see why he'll be gone by 20. I suppose he could be there at 20, but I'd be very surprised.

Agreed-Watson with our pick in the 2nd round is far-fetched and I don't think Wright is even close to the player Watson is. Bunkley is a pretty good player, but his size is a concern, IMO. Watson looks to be a 1st rounder, with the combine only helping elevate his stock.

I don't think there will be many good free agent DTs, there rarely are. Teams may let role-players or older players walk, but nobody in their prime, the exception was Corey Simon last year and that had to do with money. Even then, they are few and far between. Expect a Lional Dalton type player in FA. We need starters.

ct
02-16-2006, 09:58 AM
Even WITH the combine, one has to assume Hali will go in the top 15. He was the consensus Big-10 lineman of the year. He's got the size and speed that teams look for. He also has the stats to give team's something tangiable to reference and he came up big in the Senior Bowl.
He also plays a highly-coveted position in the NFL. Did I mention he's a pass-rusher, who plays the run very well, too? Add all of that to him playing on a dominate team this year and I think you can see why he'll be gone by 20. I suppose he could be there at 20, but I'd be very surprised.

Agreed-Watson with our pick in the 2nd round is far-fetched and I don't think Wright is even close to the player Watson is. Bunkley is a pretty good player, but his size is a concern, IMO. Watson looks to be a 1st rounder, with the combine only helping elevate his stock.

I don't think there will be many good free agent DTs, there rarely are. Teams may let role-players or older players walk, but nobody in their prime, the exception was Corey Simon last year and that had to do with money. Even then, they are few and far between. Expect a Lional Dalton type player in FA. We need starters.

Agree on your last point, that's why I came to my senses and looking towards the top DT prospects in the draft. We'll have to live with Sims and Browning again, unless we can strike gold with a DT rookie. ROFL ROFL ROFL

Mr. Laz
02-16-2006, 11:03 AM
1 DE, Tamba Hali, Penn St.
2 DT, Gabe Watson, Michigan
3 QB, Brodie Croyle, Alabama:)
you've been spying on my dreams ... perv :harumph:

i thought i saw some big,hairy dude hanging outside my window the other day.

"Hey you, get off of my cloud!"

Mr. Laz
02-16-2006, 11:04 AM
Even WITH the combine, one has to assume Hali will go in the top 15.
ya and Derrick Johnson is a lock to be a top 10 pick.

BigChiefFan
02-16-2006, 11:07 AM
I would agree that Johnson was a top 10 player in the draft last year-without question. However LBers tend to drop more than DEs in the draft.

htismaqe
02-16-2006, 11:24 AM
I think Hali will likely go before we pick. We'll just have to hope.

On Watson, most mocks have him as a late 1st-rounder. They start about where we pick and go down to the end of the 1st round.

I think picking him at #20 is alot bigger risk than picking him at, say, #26. I think how much money he gets is going to be a huge determining factor in how well he plays his rookie season.

ct
02-16-2006, 11:57 AM

I've been thinking the same thing.

you've been spying on my dreams ... perv :harumph:

i thought i saw some big,hairy dude hanging outside my window the other day.

"Hey you, get off of my cloud!"

Spying on your (or others') dream of Gabe Watson, I'll give ya that, but not the other 2. As far as the big hairy dude hanging outside your window? Dreaming about big hairy dudes perping in your window? From now on, I'm staying far far away from your dreams!

BigChiefFan
02-16-2006, 01:02 PM
We definitely need a pass-rush and Hali fits the bill, however until we get someone to command double teams and clog up the middle, we are going to continue to be in the same position on defense, IMO.