PDA

View Full Version : Rumor #1 + Rumor #2 = Rumor #3?

ct
02-15-2006, 03:13 PM
Rumor #1 - Miami is interested in WR Terrell Owens. At the moment, TO is still under contract with Philly, so to obtain his 'services' now would require a trade, which the Eagles have publicly authorized.

Rumor #2 - Miami RB Ricky Williams is on the market. He minded his manners this year and did a fine job in part time duty. With RB Ronnie Brown the RBOTF, Ricky is available for trade.

Rumor #3 - Miami trades Ricky for TO. Two troubled stars, who could help the new teams a great deal.

Seems a good fit to me, but hey, I'm just bored...

jspchief
02-15-2006, 03:15 PM
Why does Philly need Ricky Williams?

Brock
02-15-2006, 03:17 PM

So they can run the ball for a change, I suppose.

jspchief
02-15-2006, 03:24 PM
So they can run the ball for a change, I suppose.The problem isn't the runningback, it's the coach. He doesn't want to run the ball. Westbrook could have been a 1200+ yard RB if they gave him the carries. Instead they just throw to him.

ct
02-15-2006, 03:24 PM

They do not trust Brian Westbrook to get the job done. He's 1 half of a specialized running attack, Ricky Williams would be the other.

Like I said, I'm just bored.

jspchief
02-15-2006, 03:25 PM
They do not trust Brian Westbrook to get the job done. He's 1 half of a specialized running attack, Ricky Williams would be the other.

Like I said, I'm just bored.It may be an issue of trust. personally, I think it's mostly Reid's gameplan. I think he's content throwing 70% of the time.

ct
02-15-2006, 03:25 PM
The problem isn't the runningback, it's the coach. He doesn't want to run the ball. Westbrook could have been a 1200+ yard RB if they gave him the carries. Instead they just throw to him.

I agree with you, just doesn't seem they do.

Coach
02-15-2006, 03:28 PM
It may be an issue of trust. personally, I think it's mostly Reid's gameplan. I think he's content throwing 70% of the time.

While you do make a good point, Philly haven't had a solid RB since Duce Staley (sp?) left to Pittsburgh.

Ultra Peanut
02-15-2006, 03:32 PM
We're going to trade for TO, release him, and then get a Latvian tight end to fill his spot.

jspchief
02-15-2006, 03:36 PM
While you do make a good point, Philly haven't had a solid RB since Duce Staley (sp?) left to Pittsburgh.And when they had Staley, they didn't give him that many carries. He only had over 300 carries once.

The two years Westbrook has started for Philly, He's put up over 1500 and 1200 combined yards. Not HoF, but not bad. Maybe Philly wants to run, but I'm not convinced.

I just don't think Philly will want Williams.

Brock
02-15-2006, 03:37 PM
The problem isn't the runningback, it's the coach. He doesn't want to run the ball. Westbrook could have been a 1200+ yard RB if they gave him the carries. Instead they just throw to him.

Yes, possibly.

Coach
02-15-2006, 03:43 PM
And when they had Staley, they didn't give him that many carries. He only had over 300 carries once.

The two years Westbrook has started for Philly, He's put up over 1500 and 1200 combined yards. Not HoF, but not bad. Maybe Philly wants to run, but I'm not convinced.

I just don't think Philly will want Williams.

I looked up at the stats when Staley was in Philly, and in 1998 and 1999, he was getting good reasonable carries before his injury in 2000. Ever since he got injured, his carries have dropped dramatically. 2001 was also an injury year, since he only played 13 games, starting 10 of the games.

It could be the coach, as you mentioned, yes. But it also could be what type of players they have on the roster as well.

JBucc
02-15-2006, 03:44 PM
On the other side, it's seems to me that Miami already has a star reciever and could use a QB instead of another troubled WR.

Coach
02-15-2006, 03:46 PM
On the other side, it's seems to me that Miami already has a star reciever and could use a QB instead of another troubled WR.

This I agree.

Miami's QB's.

G. Frerotte
S. Rosenfels
C. Lemon

Yikes.