PDA

View Full Version : Injury prone, lol

Rogcop_3121
02-15-2006, 08:36 PM
Last year that was the talk, Ty Law is injury prone. Yeah okay, guess the analysts were wrong. Didn't he lead the AFC in pics in 05'? He would be nice to have, how old is he though?

Simply Red
02-15-2006, 08:46 PM
Last year that was the talk, Ty Law is injury prone. Yeah okay, guess the analysts were wrong. Didn't he lead the AFC in pics in 05'? He would be nice to have, how old is he though?
Anyone wanting him to sign with the Chiefs; Please remember: He was ABUSED by LT while playing the Chargers. TEH yep he is old. How many times did Surtain get burned? Uhh not once. The opposing QB's wouldn't even throw his way. Remember? So will I get excited when we sign him? Uhh, no, not really...

ZootedGranny
02-15-2006, 08:56 PM
How many times did Surtain get burned? Uhh not once. The opposing QB's wouldn't even throw his way. Remember?

No, not really. I think Surtain is a great addition, but he got thrown at plenty, and was burned a handful of times.

That said, I don't mind adding Ty Law if the middle is shored up. Otherwise it'd be a waste of money.

keg in kc
02-15-2006, 09:09 PM
The question to ask yourself is why or perhaps how he led the AFC in picks. The answer is because other teams targetted his side of the field. He was a revolving door for receivers all year long. Didn't want him last year, don't want him now.

Miles
02-15-2006, 09:18 PM
The question to ask yourself is why or perhaps how he led the AFC in picks. The answer is because other teams targetted his side of the field. He was a revolving door for receivers all year long. Didn't want him last year, don't want him now.

Not to mention that three of his picks came in the last game of the year against the Bills.

jspchief
02-15-2006, 09:54 PM
I don't think anyone ever described Law as "injury prone" last off-season, as much as just plain "injured".

At the time KC was looking at him, he could barely walk yet, let alone run. We couldn't afford to wait until late in the off-season to see if he was completely healthy, because it would have required us to pass on all our other options, giving Law all the leverage and painting us into a corner.

KC had a lot of good reasons to pass on Law last year, and hindsight doesn't change any of them.

dj56dt58
02-15-2006, 10:03 PM
This time last year, I wanted him. Now that we got Surtain and Warfield is playing pretty good and we have a hell of a nickelback in Benn Sapp, I say let someone else dish out the money for him. I still think he's a good corner, we just don't need him anymore.

Smed1065
02-15-2006, 10:14 PM
This time last year, I wanted him. Now that we got Surtain and Warfield is playing pretty good and we have a hell of a nickelback in Benn Sapp, I say let someone else dish out the money for him. I still think he's a good corner, we just don't need him anymore.

I agree totally and I am glad we did not sign him (I wanted him then but have other concerns now) We need line help and CP better do what he can, I will not believe we are not rebuilding unless we are real active this year in FA as well.

CoMoChief
02-16-2006, 12:34 AM
Anyone wanting him to sign with the Chiefs; Please remember: He was ABUSED by LT while playing the Chargers. TEH yep he is old. How many times did Surtain get burned? Uhh not once. The opposing QB's wouldn't even throw his way. Remember? So will I get excited when we sign him? Uhh, no, not really...

It's not so much of Surtain being that good that they don't wanna pass near him, its more of the fact that we have ERIC WARFIELD AND DEXTER MCCLEON ON THE OTHER SIDE!!!!! Who would you rather throw to. Personally I would love to throw on McCleons side myself, and I mean in a real football game, and I dont even play football.

NOTE TO OPPOSING OFFENSES!!!!!
-Want to score some points? Throw it Dexter McCleon's way!!! Why you ask? Watch him play. He has about as much talent as a High School player. I would take any dback that goes in this years draft over him.

CoMoChief
02-16-2006, 12:39 AM
We need to sign DE Abraham and draft DT Roderick Wright from Texas or the DT from Michigan. I also wouldnt mind if there was someway we could trade up into the early 2nd round to draft Eric Winston from Miami. Sign Terrell Owens as well. That solves just about everything for this season. How we get the $$$ you ask? I bet Denver knows. Somehow Carl needs to find out the traditional Denver secret of how to tell the NFL and the salary cap to go **** themselves, because that is exactly what the Donks do almost every season.

Smed1065
02-16-2006, 09:40 AM
Just hire some of the ex-Enron accountants, they will handle it. :)

Old Dog
02-16-2006, 09:45 AM
Anyone who thinks Suratain never got burned last year didn't watch many games.

Anyone who starts ANOTHER "Law" thread should be nuthooked. Not only are the Chiefs going to have little room with the cap (as it's reported anyway) we don't need another high paid corner to team with Surtain and Warfield.

Wile_E_Coyote
02-16-2006, 09:59 AM
check out a Jets site & see what they have to say about Law

"Ty Law's season looks good in retrospect with the 10 picks and the Pro Bowl selection. However, anyone that watched the Jets every week in 2005 knows the true story. Those INTs are window dressing, the guy was burned repeatedly, called for numerous penalties and was no help in stopping the run (see: Ladanian Tomlinson turning him inside-out). I say let him walk..."

"..looks like he is running in quicksand..."

RedThat
02-16-2006, 10:05 AM
check out a Jets site & see what they have to say about Law

"Ty Law's season looks good in retrospect with the 10 picks and the Pro Bowl selection. However, anyone that watched the Jets every week in 2005 knows the true story. Those INTs are window dressing, the guy was burned repeatedly, called for numerous penalties and was no help in stopping the run (see: Ladanian Tomlinson turning him inside-out). I say let him walk..."

"..looks like he is running in quicksand..."

Imho,

Had LT been running in Warfields direction, I can honestly see LT turning him inside-out as well.

Wile_E_Coyote
02-16-2006, 10:06 AM
http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?t=12

J Diddy
02-16-2006, 10:12 AM
Imho,

Had LT been running in Warfields direction, I can honestly see LT turning him inside-out as well.

Yeah, well we've already got warfield. No need to pay more for somebody just like him.

58-4ever
02-16-2006, 10:19 AM

hopefully, cornerbacks won't have to tackle running backs in the first place. And yes Surtain got burned a few times, but overall I was happy with his play. Furthermore, opposing QB's didn't throw his way b/c Gunther had him covering the #2 and 3 receivers a lot of the time.

RedThat
02-16-2006, 10:25 AM
Yeah, well we've already got warfield. No need to pay more for somebody just like him.

I think Law is better than Warfield. Who knows, Warfield may be a cap casuality? If he is, then the Chiefs could cut him. I don't mind that, as long as they can bring in somebody better to replace him.

My choice would be Nate Clements of the Bills. He is an awesome corner. Ty Law is aging, Im not really concerned too much about his tackling ability. Im concerned whether he still has it(cover) in this league good WRs. But there is no doubt, he made plays.

Cherryontop
02-16-2006, 05:23 PM
Dude..Nate Clements had a horrrific year..what r u watching last year..{ASK OUR Dolphin fan}Sure he was very good for a couple years..but in his free agent year...he stunk it up Baaaaadd...Ask Chambers,lol..i dont know what happened to him..but he was a mess!!.Buffalo radio show dont even want him back.Mcgee and their Nickel back have proven much better value.

Warfield stinks....but dont spend money on more crap..how the heck does that help your team!!Even if u get Ty Law...i cant see him helping much at all...The front 7 is in rough shape..Exactly how did P.Surtain really help??Still finished 31st in pass D.

Front 7 is where its at....u can survive with average corners..and NO ..Warfield is not even average....never was,never will...

Seriously..the ONLY players id keep are Allen,Mtchell,D.J and Patrick Surtain...the rest are really THAT bad!!

Sorry to sound like a pessimest..but the rest are the same crappy players who have been stinking it up since 2000.{Hicks..Warfield,Woods}damn Carl is really loyal.

dj56dt58
02-16-2006, 08:24 PM
Dude..Nate Clements had a horrrific year..what r u watching last year..{ASK OUR Dolphin fan}Sure he was very good for a couple years..but in his free agent year...he stunk it up Baaaaadd...Ask Chambers,lol..i dont know what happened to him..but he was a mess!!.Buffalo radio show dont even want him back.Mcgee and their Nickel back have proven much better value.

Warfield stinks....but dont spend money on more crap..how the heck does that help your team!!Even if u get Ty Law...i cant see him helping much at all...The front 7 is in rough shape..Exactly how did P.Surtain really help??Still finished 31st in pass D.

Front 7 is where its at....u can survive with average corners..and NO ..Warfield is not even average....never was,never will...

Seriously..the ONLY players id keep are Allen,Mtchell,D.J and Patrick Surtain...the rest are really THAT bad!!

Sorry to sound like a pessimest..but the rest are the same crappy players who have been stinking it up since 2000.{Hicks..Warfield,Woods}damn Carl is really loyal.
Warfield doesn't suck at all. Why did the chiefs finish 31st in pass defense you ask? Well there is no corner in the world that can cover a wide reciever all day, and that's what they were being asked to do with the lack of pressure we got on the qb. We need help up front to get a pass rush and especially to get pressure up the middle to keep the qb from stepping up into the pocket. If we get that, you'll see that it's not acctually our secondary's fault that we finished poor this year in pass defense. That and Dexter did start the first 4 games of the season :banghead:

NJ Chief Fan
02-16-2006, 09:57 PM
ty law would be a nice pick up, but we need to seriously address our dt situation, if we do anything to our secondary how bout getting some younger safties, im also interseted in what alphonso hodge and julian battle could do at the cb position...so lets not just say ty law is what our secondary needs we need something that represents a pass rush, jared allen needs some assitance on the front line

RickObie
02-16-2006, 11:37 PM
Warfield doesn't suck at all. Why did the chiefs finish 31st in pass defense you ask? Well there is no corner in the world that can cover a wide reciever all day, and that's what they were being asked to do with the lack of pressure we got on the qb. We need help up front to get a pass rush and especially to get pressure up the middle to keep the qb from stepping up into the pocket. If we get that, you'll see that it's not acctually our secondary's fault that we finished poor this year in pass defense. That and Dexter did start the first 4 games of the season :banghead:

Amen, the only person that I can think of that could cover a WR all day is Jesus, we had no pass rush and I keep seeing these threads about Law and how he'll help. If the QB has 2 years to throw it doesn't matter who's back there.

jspchief
02-17-2006, 06:54 AM
Amen, the only person that I can think of that could cover a WR all day is Jesus, we had no pass rush and I keep seeing these threads about Law and how he'll help. If the QB has 2 years to throw it doesn't matter who's back there.I've been looking for a Jesus throwback jersey on Ebay for months, but I'm having a hell of a time.

RedThat
02-17-2006, 08:33 AM

The Buffalo radio shows want to trade a player after 1 BAD game. Thats how those people are, no patience.

Nate Clements is a quality corner. He didn't have the greatest year last year, but he is still a good corner imo.

Stop saying Warfield stinks....you make it sound like he belongs on the streets, or in the CFL for that matter. Warfield is not average? You have your facts wrong. I reccomend you watch every Chief game next year and pay close attention to Warfield please. He ascended over the years, he was terrible his first few years with us, but has improved.

I think your too used to seeing the Warfield of old. your mind is too fixated on his previous performances. And you make your judgements about him based on past reputation, or past performances. Which is totally unfair. Watch the recent games. It's about what he's done lately.

I agree with you on the front 7. Thats where I want to see my team improve this year. I hope we can pick up some good quality defensive lineman this year.

*Just remember, ANY CORNER looks bad if the D-line can't pressure the QB worth a sh*t...So stop giving Warfield a hard time. He is average, if not, better.

RickObie
02-17-2006, 09:23 AM
I've been looking for a Jesus throwback jersey on Ebay for months, but I'm having a hell of a time.

I met a guy named Jesus at a Carl's Jr. drive thru once. He didn't look anything like the pictures I've seen.

dj56dt58
02-17-2006, 10:07 AM
Amen, the only person that I can think of that could cover a WR all day is Jesus, we had no pass rush and I keep seeing these threads about Law and how he'll help. If the QB has 2 years to throw it doesn't matter who's back there.
According to most donkey fans, Jesus does play in the nfl and goes by the name champ bailey ROFL If that is true..jesus must not be such a great corner after all...