02-15-2006, 11:37 PM
Damn!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6514168251893889573&q=ariel+atom

Archie F. Swin
02-16-2006, 12:05 AM
Honda makes bad ass engines

greg63
02-16-2006, 12:15 AM
I'd yawn and swallow a June bug or something.

SLAG
02-16-2006, 12:46 AM
I'd yawn and swallow a June bug or something.

ROFL

CrazyHorse
02-16-2006, 05:37 AM
Honda makes bad ass engines

Honda?

Aaaaaaahahahahahahahaha

Mr. Kotter
02-16-2006, 07:38 AM
Honda?

Aaaaaaahahahahahahahaha

Check their track record on the race track, dude.

It's really just a fancy, expensive, really cool....gocart....:shrug:

morphius
02-16-2006, 08:33 AM
LOL! "It's so quick it can destroy your entire face".

Does look like it could be fun.

Crazyhorse - Ever been on a Honda sport bike? Didn't think so.

jidar
02-16-2006, 08:39 AM
Check their track record on the race track, dude.

It's really just a fancy, expensive, really cool....gocart....:shrug:

that outruns $200K supercars...

CrazyHorse
02-16-2006, 09:09 AM
LOL! "It's so quick it can destroy your entire face".

Does look like it could be fun.

Crazyhorse - Ever been on a Honda sport bike? Didn't think so.

Yes. But I wouldn't say it was the engine as much as it is the power to weight ratio that makes it go fast.

Ever drive a alcohol burning funny car?

Didn't think so.

Hell, I have a 300 horse engine in my 05 Mustang. Without a supercharger. How "awsome" is that?

SLAG
02-16-2006, 09:10 AM
that outruns $200K supercars...

Yeah the price is right.. even though i hate ricer engines.

Id get one and put a blown 350 on there
then that thing would haul

Chan93lx50
02-16-2006, 09:18 AM
F*ck me I want one!

stumppy
02-16-2006, 09:21 AM
Damnm I wish I had an extra $50,000 laying around.

CrazyHorse
02-16-2006, 09:22 AM
F*ck me I want one!

It says it's a road car, but I wonder if you could liscense it for the road.

I'll bet you could. But could only drive it during the day.

chefsos
02-16-2006, 09:23 AM
Damnm I wish I had an extra $50,000 laying around.
Hit Roy up for it. he's got ($16million US dollars) just waiting for him in a Kenyan bank.

Archie F. Swin
02-16-2006, 09:27 AM
I would wear a helmet just so may face wouldn't be hanging off my chin after 3 years of ownership.

Reaper16
02-16-2006, 10:06 AM
Hit Roy up for it. he's got ($16million US dollars) just waiting for him in a Kenyan bank.
ROFL

Boy, do I want one of those. :drool: If they'd only make one for American roads so that the steering wheel is on the correct side...

Archie F. Swin
02-16-2006, 10:15 AM
I would probably love it until I hit a skunk or a big dog

Hydrae
02-16-2006, 11:52 AM
Biggest problem I see is that I believe, in most states at least, you are required to have a windshield. Of course it probably wouldn't be that hard to attach a small piece of plexiglass and call that good. :)

CrazyHorse
02-16-2006, 12:45 PM
That car is cool and all, but Speed Racers Mach 5 was cooler.

SLAG
02-16-2006, 12:55 PM
That car is cool and all, but Speed Racers Mach 5 was cooler.

What kinda motor you have on the Cherry picker?

CrazyHorse
02-16-2006, 01:15 PM
What kinda motor you have on the Cherry picker?

Stroked 351 ford.

It's a 392 (projected) at 500 horses @ 6000rpm and 495 ft. lbs of torque @ 4500. The figures are conservative.

It's going into a 2800 lb. '65 Stang. Should be quick.

SLAG
02-16-2006, 01:22 PM
Stroked 351 ford.

It's a 392 (projected) at 500 horses @ 6000rpm and 495 ft. lbs of torque @ 4500. The figures are conservative.

Sounds like a sweet project.

Im a Chevy Man myself

Radar Chief
02-16-2006, 01:39 PM
Stroked 351 ford.

Sounds like fun. Have you ever read me discribe’n the Corveep?
It’s got a 327 cid out of a ’64 L76 Corvette sit’n in a ’60 Willys CJ-5.
Factory rate HP was 365 at 6200 RPM and 350 lb/ft of torque at 4000 RPM.
It’s the ultimate sleeper. You can go like greased stink then when the "po po" shows up just point at the over indulged kid with the Camaro.
No one expects something that looks like farm implement to move like it does. ;)

morphius
02-16-2006, 01:45 PM
Yes. But I wouldn't say it was the engine as much as it is the power to weight ratio that makes it go fast.

Ever drive a alcohol burning funny car?

Didn't think so.

Hell, I have a 300 horse engine in my 05 Mustang. Without a supercharger. How "awsome" is that?
Not very awesome when my Atima 05 has 250 hp.

Radar Chief
02-16-2006, 01:46 PM
Personal opinion here, but if they’d lined that car up with a liter bike, something like the Suzuki GSXR1000, or Yamaha R-1, or even Kawasaki’s ZX-10, it’d been a much closer race. Bike might’ve even won, mainly cause any of the modern liter bikes is gonna run on that CBR600RR even worse than it ran on that gocart.

morphius
02-16-2006, 01:48 PM
Personal opinion here, but if they’d lined that car up with a liter bike, something like the Suzuki GSXR1000, or Yamaha R-1, or even Kawasaki’s ZX-10, it’d been a much closer race. Bike might’ve even won, mainly cause any of the modern liter bikes is gonna run on that CBR600RR even worse than it ran on that gocart.
That rider didn't seem to be taking the turns balls out either, but really, there are very few that can.

CrazyHorse
02-16-2006, 05:27 PM
Not very awesome when my Atima 05 has 250 hp.

Exactly.

It's not tough to generate 300 ponies. I doesn't take an exceptional engine. Especially with a supercharger.

Count Alex's Wins
02-16-2006, 05:28 PM
Driving fast is overrated, and stupid.

CrazyHorse
02-16-2006, 05:30 PM
That rider didn't seem to be taking the turns balls out either, but really, there are very few that can.

In a turn you can generate more downforce on 4 wheels. With equal power to weight ratios the 4 wheeler is at an advantage.

CrazyHorse
02-16-2006, 05:34 PM

So you're saying you have no driving skill what so ever.

Who would have guessed it?

I guess it depends on who you are. Some may say that after oh....say 30 years, Star Wars obsession is stupid/sad. But who am I to judge? I recommend you start a poll.

Clint in Wichita
02-16-2006, 05:40 PM

Stupid, maybe, but winning a race on public streets is quite a rush.

It's been a long time, but I once beat a Ninja 750. In a 4,000 pound car.

Chan93lx50
02-16-2006, 06:12 PM

Yes very stupid!

But I loved doing it! ROFL

Used to do it all the time back in high school, but of course marriage has a way of changing things.

I used to go to the Drag strip also which was quite the rush. It was fun bracket racing and lining up against a rail car during test and tune and he does not even leave the line until you are about done with the 1/4 and whoooooooooooooooosh the SOB goes flying by.

Good times

Count Alex's Wins
02-16-2006, 06:57 PM
So you're saying you have no driving skill what so ever.

I certainly did not say that.

Count Alex's Wins
02-16-2006, 06:58 PM

It's stupid.

Extra Point
02-16-2006, 07:08 PM
Trick car. No A/C, no windshield. Neat, though.

0-60 in 2.9 secs? km/h?

ZootedGranny
02-16-2006, 07:12 PM
Nerd shit, but I use this car almost exclusively in Project Gotham Racing 3. I'd kill to have one in real life, the acceleration and braking power is incredible.

CrazyHorse
02-16-2006, 08:15 PM
I certainly did not say that.

Yeah, you pretty much did.

If you had any skill you wouldn't have said it was over rated.

morphius
02-16-2006, 08:24 PM
Exactly.

It's not tough to generate 300 ponies. I doesn't take an exceptional engine. Especially with a supercharger.
Its mostly just about keeping that weight to power ratio, I mean they really don't gain much by trying to put a V8 in that go cart. I think Mazda has a near 300hp 4 banger out now, I'm just excessively dissappointed in what the America companies have been pushing out as their muscle cars for the last 30 years, going so far as to have Congress put extra taxes on imports over so many HP instead of trying to improve their own cars.

morphius
02-16-2006, 08:26 PM
It's stupid.
A lot of it depends on your driving ability and how smart you are about where and when. Of course what would we know, must of us have never hit a house just driving...

stevieray
02-16-2006, 08:28 PM
Its mostly just about keeping that weight to power ratio, I mean they really don't gain much by trying to put a V8 in that go cart. I think Mazda has a near 300hp 4 banger out now, I'm just excessively dissappointed in what the America companies have been pushing out as their muscle cars for the last 30 years, going so far as to have Congress put extra taxes on imports over so many HP instead of trying to improve their own cars.

You've already done your part.

Eventually they'll go under, and you won't have to be unhappy.

morphius
02-16-2006, 08:31 PM
Trick car. No A/C, no windshield. Neat, though.

0-60 in 2.9 secs? km/h?
Didn't even think about that, but I think you are right, it must be km/h. Looked it up and the CBR600RR has a 0-60mph time of just over 3 seconds and it slaughtered the car of the line.

morphius
02-16-2006, 08:33 PM
You've already done your part.

Eventually they'll go under, and you won't have to be unhappy.
Just tell me when was the lsat time you really helped out one of those companies? Buying your 30+ year old vehicles doesn't help out anyone other then your mechanic and body work guy, doesn't help GM/Ford or the foreign owned Diamler Chrystler. So don't bite my head off if your also not doing anything to help the situation.

stevieray
02-16-2006, 08:44 PM
Just tell me when was the lsat time you really helped out one of those companies? Buying your 30+ year old vehicles doesn't help out anyone other then your mechanic and body work guy, doesn't help GM/Ford or the foreign owned Diamler Chrystler. So don't bite my head off if your also not doing anything to help the situation.

bite your head off?

Don't be a "pussy" morph.

I'm three months from my final payment on my 2000 Cherokee.

I just bought my wife a used Buick Park Avenue.

And I'd rather drive a tricked out forty year old van in the slow lane, than be a clone, driving a Japanese clone car, racing other clones in their Japanese cars, in some psuedo quest to be first, driving like being passed on the road is offensive.

morphius
02-16-2006, 08:50 PM
bite your head off?

And I'd rather drive a tricked out forty year old van in the slow lane, than be a clone, driving a Japanese clone car, racing other clones in their Japanese cars, in some psuedo quest to be first, driving like being passed on the road is offensive.
LOL! I was over exagerrating on the biting my head off, the post was missing something without though :D

And I'm not slamming you for driving the old van, you love the vehicle, and I'm cool with that. I love a lot of the older American cars. Of course how do you feel about your money going to the Germans for your Jeep?

And you buying a used GM helps out GM every bit as me buying a new Altima, unless you bought a sevice plan with it.

stevieray
02-16-2006, 09:09 PM
Of course how do you feel about your money going to the Germans for your Jeep?

And you buying a used GM helps out GM every bit as me buying a new Altima, unless you bought a sevice plan with it.

They merged in 98..The buyout wasn't announced until 2003, and 2005, Daimler paid out 300 mill to stockholders for false pretenses in the merger.

I wanted a Cheorkee becuase I had heard they were being phased out, and had fifteen year developmental phase. That model was born and bred in the US.

Buying the Park Avenue doesn't help Japan.

By all means, carry their banner tall.

Count Alex's Wins
02-16-2006, 09:13 PM

Stevie and I agree on a topic? THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING!

Count Alex's Wins
02-16-2006, 09:13 PM
Yeah, you pretty much did.

If you had any skill you wouldn't have said it was over rated.

I GOT SERVED!

ROFL

Count Alex's Wins
02-16-2006, 09:14 PM
A lot of it depends on your driving ability and how smart you are about where and when. Of course what would we know, must of us have never hit a house just driving...

I believe you have me confused with Slayer.

stevieray
02-16-2006, 09:15 PM

oh shit.

morphius
02-16-2006, 09:16 PM
They merged in 98..The buyout wasn't announced until 2003, and 2005, Daimler paid out 300 mill to stockholders for false pretenses in the merger.

I wanted a Cheorkee becuase I had heard they were being phased out, and had fifteen year developmental phase. That model was born and bred in the US.

I think you are missing the point, how did buying a used buick help anyone but the car dealer, or the person you bought it from? Because that is what it comes down to, you may drive only "American", but driving used helps our American Companies every bit as much as me buying a Nissan. Not to mention that my last vehicle before this one was a 1996 Ford Ranger.

But just to get it right, you are now limited to only buying Ford and GM products in the future, correct?

morphius
02-16-2006, 09:16 PM
I believe you have me confused with Slayer.
My bad, sorry.

morphius
02-16-2006, 09:20 PM
Hell, I don't even drive my car that way. I just was tired of the Ford's complete lack of acceleration so I got something that would make it easy for me to pass cars driving too slowly on the back highway's that I travel on, and make it easier for me to merge onto busy interstates. Hell, I don't care if someone cuts me off just as long as they are going faster then me.

Count Alex's Wins
02-16-2006, 09:30 PM
Hell, I don't even drive my car that way. I just was tired of the Ford's complete lack of acceleration so I got something that would make it easy for me to pass cars driving too slowly on the back highway's that I travel on, and make it easier for me to merge onto busy interstates. Hell, I don't care if someone cuts me off just as long as they are going faster then me.

I can't really speak to that. I've only driven Dodge's, Chevy's, Volvos and GM Suburbans.

Cochise
02-16-2006, 09:39 PM

R1 vs Porsche (http://www.sportscarforums.com/media/c4vsr1.wmv), professional drivers ... I think this is the same guy's TV show even.

stevieray
02-16-2006, 09:49 PM
I think you are missing the point, how did buying a used buick help anyone but the car dealer, or the person you bought it from? Because that is what it comes down to, you may drive only "American", but driving used helps our American Companies every bit as much as me buying a Nissan. Not to mention that my last vehicle before this one was a 1996 Ford Ranger.

But just to get it right, you are now limited to only buying Ford and GM products in the future, correct?

I'm not limited to anything, I'm free to choose, as you are.

Pants
02-16-2006, 10:20 PM
bite your head off?

How does buying a foreign car make you a clone?

morphius
02-16-2006, 11:15 PM
How does buying a foreign car make you a clone?
Because if you buy anything with any power at all that is a japanese owned company your goal is obviously to rice it out as much as possible.

Pants
02-16-2006, 11:35 PM
Because if you buy anything with any power at all that is a japanese owned company your goal is obviously to rice it out as much as possible.

Even so, how is ricing out your "import" make you a clone?

Simplex3
02-17-2006, 12:01 AM

That's easy. You just ram the f**ker at the starting line.

Simplex3
02-17-2006, 12:02 AM
Used to do it all the time back in high school, but of course marriage has a way of changing things.
For me it was kids. This is the first car I've owned in a long time that I haven't had over 100mph and I've had it damn near 5 years.

Simplex3
02-17-2006, 12:06 AM

There's only one person I care about helping when I purchase a car:

Me.

BIG K
02-17-2006, 12:12 AM
There's only one person I care about helping when I purchase a car:

Me.

Just so you know Simplex, my 6-year old daughter finds your avatar very disturbing..... :)

I try not to be on the computer when she is awake, but one night last week she surprised me and saw ur avatar. I spent an hour convincing her that her Elmo dosen't really carry a gun like daddy..... :banghead:

:)

Simplex3
02-17-2006, 12:13 AM
Just so you know Simplex, my 6-year old daughter finds your avatar very disturbing..... :)

I try not to be on the computer when she is awake, but one night last week she surprised me and saw ur avatar. I spent an hour convincing her that her Elmo dosen't really carry a gun like daddy..... :banghead:

You're one of several people that has brought that up including my own 4 year old now. ROFL

Cochise
02-17-2006, 12:14 AM

Explain this one :D

BIG K
02-17-2006, 12:15 AM
You're one of several people that has brought that up including my own 4 year old now. ROFL

My girl wanted to know why Elmo was soo angry...... ROFL

Simplex3
02-17-2006, 12:16 AM
My girl wanted to know why Elmo was soo angry...... ROFL
Here's the original image I pulled elmo from if you really want to f**k with her mind.

BIG K
02-17-2006, 12:21 AM
Here's the original image I pulled elmo from if you really want to f**k with her mind.

GEEZ. Thank God she is completely out right now! Remind me not to ever discuss this issue with you again....

Simplex3
02-17-2006, 12:23 AM
GEEZ. Thank God she is completely out right now! Remind me not to ever discuss this issue with you again....

Here are some for you to pick from:

BIG K
02-17-2006, 12:30 AM
Here are some for you to pick from:

Your killing me.... ROFL

SLAG
02-17-2006, 12:31 AM

Yeah my 3 year son old saw it and he said..."Daddy... I want An Angry Elmo... I want an Angry Elmo with a BOOM BOOM!!"

Simplex3
02-17-2006, 12:32 AM
Yeah my 3 year son old saw it and he said..."Daddy... I want An Angry Elmo... I want an Angry Elmo with a BOOM BOOM!!"
So you're going to hook him up, right?

UKMike
02-17-2006, 02:42 AM
Didn't even think about that, but I think you are right, it must be km/h. Looked it up and the CBR600RR has a 0-60mph time of just over 3 seconds and it slaughtered the car of the line.

It's not, it's MPH. Theres alot of cars in that vein over here now. Check this out: http://www.freestreamcars.co.uk/

CrazyHorse
02-17-2006, 06:42 AM

Now wait a minute. I drive a ford that I will put against your...ahem....Altima in acceleration. It's not the fastest car in the world or anything. But I prolly paid less and go much faster. Your statement is grossly inaccuarate

Simplex3
02-17-2006, 08:45 AM
Now wait a minute. I drive a ford that I will put against your...ahem....Altima in acceleration. It's not the fastest car in the world or anything. But I prolly paid less and go much faster. Your statement is grossly inaccuarate
Oh yeah, well *MY* Internet c**k is THIS BIG:

-->..........................................................................................<--

Christ, what is it with you car guys? Who the hell cares? The video was cool as hell, the car in it performs great. End of story.

morphius
02-17-2006, 08:48 AM
The Ford = "my Ford", silly.

morphius
02-17-2006, 08:51 AM
It's not, it's MPH. Theres alot of cars in that vein over here now. Check this out: http://www.freestreamcars.co.uk/
Then the guy is a horrible driver off the start, because that 600RR killed him.

Cochise
02-17-2006, 08:54 AM
If we're reduced to "I paid less to go much faster" then 2 wheels is going to beat 4 every time...

Cochise
02-17-2006, 08:57 AM

I would say that since they manage to pull 180 horsepower out of a 1.0 liter inline four, it has a little something to do with the engine.

Radar Chief
02-17-2006, 10:55 AM

Says the guy that’s been drive’n for, what, 3 months?

Radar Chief
02-17-2006, 11:08 AM

The difference is torque and American pushrod V-8’s make huge gobs of it. Even some of the more pedestrian versions with a 2bbl carb that only made around 150 horses also made over 250 lb/ft of torque, and torque is what most people perceive as power.
A four-cylinder engine can be made to produce as much, sometimes even more, peak power than a V-8, but it makes that power way up high in the rev range. Often at such high revs that it becomes impractical for the street, particularly when you consider that there is no free lunch. For all the power made up higher in the rev range, you loose torque and throttle response down lower where you’re more likely to need it for street drive’n.
The downfall of the American pushrod V-8 is the EPA. Because of their large displacement, and honestly low tech/inefficient valve train, they just can’t be made to burn as clean as a four-banger can.

Radar Chief
02-17-2006, 11:29 AM
R1 vs Porsche (http://www.sportscarforums.com/media/c4vsr1.wmv), professional drivers ... I think this is the same guy's TV show even.

Heh, pretty cool. Thanks Cochise.
Sport Rider Magazine did a similar comparison several years ago. They pitted a Honda CBR900RR against an Acura NSX, since they surmised they both represented state of the art for the day, at Willow Springs and Streets of Willow in Cali.
The CBR smoked the Acura to the tune of 6-8 seconds on the big track and 4 seconds on the “Streets”, IIRC.
Cycle World did a similar test with a Yamaha YZF-1000R, an upgrade from the FZR1000 but bigger and heavier than the current R-1 model, against a Dodge Viper. From what I remember, the Yamahammer torched the Viper in ¼ mile drag and ran even top speed, 168 MPH, but CW threw in a twist. They got permission to shut down a 6 mile stretch of curvy public road and ran’em head to head there and this is where the Viper got it’s revenge. The bike could easily match the Vipers speed, but the driver was a little less cautious ‘bout whether there was a patch of gravel on the outside of the next blind turn than the rider was and that he couldn’t match.
They decided that it’s just plain easier for a relative novice to drive the Viper fast than for a relative novice to ride the bike at the same level. Can’t say I necessarily disagree with’em, ride’n a bike takes some skill and it’s not for everyone.

CrazyHorse
02-17-2006, 01:56 PM
Oh yeah, well *MY* Internet c**k is THIS BIG:

-->..........................................................................................<--

Christ, what is it with you car guys? Who the hell cares? The video was cool as hell, the car in it performs great. End of story.

Perhaps it is the way in which you read my statement that made you feel as though you were being challenged. I know that my 05 isn't the fastest car in the world. Hell, it's not even the fastest car in my driveway.

I congratulate you on your "internet cock".

But I'm not sure if I quite understand your point.

If I am reading your statement correctly you are telling me that my ego is somehow not appreciated. However, you choose to make your point as though it is you that feels challnged.

You dont have to prove yourself here my friend. We all already know you the shit.

As for my statement, it was also inaccurate. However, Morph found a way to communicate that you lack.

I'll bet your short, aren't ya?

CrazyHorse
02-17-2006, 01:58 PM
The Ford = "my Ford", silly.

Ah. My bad.

CrazyHorse
02-17-2006, 01:59 PM
I would say that since they manage to pull 180 horsepower out of a 1.0 liter inline four, it has a little something to do with the engine.

A strong lower end is hardly a new invention.

Count Alex's Wins
02-17-2006, 02:18 PM
Says the guy that’s been drive’n for, what, 3 months?

You're a jackass. I'm 25.

Pants
02-17-2006, 02:33 PM
You're a jackass. I'm 25.

ROFL

You just proved his point.