PDA

View Full Version : A KU homer admits...

sedated
02-16-2006, 09:42 AM
...I don't think this year's team is as good as we are beginning to believe.

We haven't beaten any Tournament locks except for Oklahoma, and that was only because they choked in the Fieldhouse.

Their next biggest victory is...Colorado? :rolleyes:

All the other games are close victories against chumps. The bad teams in the Big 12 have all hung with us for the majority of the game.

Plus, the Big 12 as a whole isn't very good. Who is a real contender besides Texas? Colorado? Nebraska? :shake:

We haven't proven:
1. we can make free throws in a big game
2. we can win a close game against a good team on the road

Note: this post becomes null and void if KU beats Texas

Skip Towne
02-16-2006, 09:44 AM
That's about right.

Saulbadguy
02-16-2006, 09:45 AM
Homo-esque phog.net post.

I'll add that you've lost to 2 of the worst teams in the Big XII, one of which was at home.

Mr. Laz
02-16-2006, 09:50 AM
we still have several things we need to improve at before we can be consider a legitimate challenge for the Tourney imo.

1. Half court offense - right now we have the pick and roll, pick and drive, pick and lob. If the opposing team can guard the pick our half court offense goes down the drain. It would help a lot if we didn't miss point blank shots/layups *coughKaun,gilescough*

2. Focus - staying focused and disciplined for the whole game instead of 10 minutes on, 10 minutes off. A maturity issue mostly.

3. Shooting the 3 - we don't have anyone that can hit the 3 pointer with any consistency. We have guys that can shoot the 3 ... but they just don't hit them with consistency. I wonder whether they would improve if we took the 3 more regularly?

Old Dog
02-16-2006, 09:50 AM
They may not be as good as currently advertised, but they are winning games (knock on wood). They have to play whoever is on the schedule. Is it their fault that the league as a whole is having a down year?

I do agree that the Texas game will be very telling in how much they have (or have not) improved.

ROYC75
02-16-2006, 09:59 AM
I see a young inmature team becoming a more mature veteran team...... :harumph:

Seriously : This year is a learning experence for them, possibly a Sweet 16 ticket and then work hard for next year's run.

Skip Towne
02-16-2006, 10:01 AM

I'll add that you've lost to 2 of the worst teams in the Big XII, one of which was at home.
Like you've got any room to talk. Any chance KSU makes the NIT this year?

greg63
02-16-2006, 10:05 AM
I see a young inmature team becoming a more mature veteran team...... :harumph:

Seriously : This year is a learning experence for them, possibly a Sweet 16 ticket and then work hard for next year's run.

I agree; it will be interesting to see how well they play when they really are sophomores and juniors. Hopefully by the time they are seniors they will be legitimate contenders.

Saulbadguy
02-16-2006, 10:08 AM
Like you've got any room to talk. Any chance KSU makes the NIT this year?
No.

Scoreboard.

Mr. Kotter
02-16-2006, 10:12 AM
They can win a game or two in the tourney. Easily.

Beyond that, they'd need to run the table (with maybe one loss, to Texas) to convince me they are a serious Cinderella candidate.

Mr. Kotter
02-16-2006, 10:13 AM

Not recently though....they are coming on at the right time. If they can make it to the dance with only 6 or 7 losses--with the start they had--lookout. :p

Skip Towne
02-16-2006, 10:24 AM
No.

Scoreboard.
Uh-huh. When was the last time you beat KU at Bramlage? See, there's an easy one you don't even have to look up, looser.

sedated
02-16-2006, 10:27 AM
I agree; it will be interesting to see how well they play when they really are sophomores and juniors. Hopefully by the time they are seniors they will be legitimate contenders.

i would normally agree, but this team may not last that long.

BRush is gone after this year.
Wright and Chalmers may be gone after next.

I want this team to be like Syracuse, unranked to champs (but, seriously, f*ck syracuse)

sedated
02-16-2006, 10:29 AM
No.

Scoreboard.

I'll be sure to say the same after the rematch.

Can't you KSU f@gs stay in your own threads?

(oh wait, you have no threads...because no one cares about KSU)

Skip Towne
02-16-2006, 10:33 AM

:LOL:

mike_b_284
02-16-2006, 10:34 AM

Because they suck and there colors are gay.

sedated
02-16-2006, 10:37 AM

yeah, there's nothing more ironic than being called ghey by a guy that covered himself in purple.

POND_OF_RED
02-16-2006, 10:49 AM
KU is too inconsistent to make a prediction for the tournament yet. I have seen them in games look like one of the best college teams I have ever seen, and at other times making stupid freshman mistakes. sedated is right...KU hasnt had a good victory...I dont even think you can count OU as a quality victory (MU beat them in oklahoma...) This year I say they will either get beat out 2nd or 3rd round depending on the seeding they receive...future years I am scared to be an MU fan...although let me add that I highly doubt rush will stay til his junior year and I would LOVE to see chalmers go early too because that guy is an amazing ballplayer who looks like he will just light up teams the next couple years. My prediction: final four next year (possibly finals) then wait and see who stays...

Brock
02-16-2006, 10:52 AM

Are colors aren't gay. You're color's are gay.

cmh6476
02-16-2006, 11:12 AM
defense wins championships? :shrug:

if so, we're lookin pretty good.

sedated
02-16-2006, 11:25 AM
defense wins championships? :shrug:

if so, we're lookin pretty good.

I don't know if that means as much in basketball as other sports.

But, i guess that could be a reason Roy never won it (until he won with someone else's team)

Here's a few other things that win championships:
1. Free throw shooting :banghead:
2. Big game experience :huh:
3. Superior post play / Rebounding :(
4. Consistent 3-point shooting :shake:
5. Great coaching :shrug:

Saulbadguy
02-16-2006, 11:27 AM

Scoreboard, bitch.

Funny how these threads started appearing since KU has started winning. Oh wait, not really. Frontrunners.

DJJasonp
02-16-2006, 11:30 AM
No.

Scoreboard.

You've been waiting how many years to say that?????

Pitt Gorilla
02-16-2006, 11:31 AM
This team will go as far as B. Rush takes it. That kid can be dominant.

DJJasonp
02-16-2006, 11:32 AM
I don't know if that means as much in basketball as other sports.

But, i guess that could be a reason Roy never won it (until he won with someone else's team)

Here's a few other things that win championships:
1. Free throw shooting :banghead:
2. Big game experience :huh:
3. Superior post play / Rebounding :(
4. Consistent 3-point shooting :shake:
5. Great coaching :shrug:

I agree with most of this except guard play is more important in the tourney than post play.

You have to have a guard who can steer the ship and keep everyone calm (and to take over a game when needed)....

Chalmers?

Saulbadguy
02-16-2006, 11:32 AM
You've been waiting how many years to say that?????
2 days less than it took for KU football fans to get to say scoreboard to me. And I had to hear it many many many more times. Funny how they all showed up like that.

I'm going to continue to use it as much as possible. March 4th is coming up pretty quickly.

DJJasonp
02-16-2006, 11:34 AM
2 days less than it took for KU football fans to get to say scoreboard to me. And I had to hear it many many many more times. Funny how they all showed up like that.

I'm going to continue to use it as much as possible. March 4th is coming up pretty quickly.

Fair enough.

sedated
02-16-2006, 11:34 AM
Scoreboard, bitch.

yeah, what was the score of the Texas Tech game last night? (70-56?) I believe we beat them 86-52, bitch

4-6 in Big 12, bitch

8th in Big 12, bitch

5 losses in last 6 games, bitch

good luck with your new coach, bitch

Saulbadguy
02-16-2006, 11:35 AM
yeah, what was the score of the Texas Tech game last night? (70-56?) I believe we beat them 86-52, bitch

4-6 in Big 12, bitch

5 losses in last 6 games, bitch

good luck with your new coach, bitch
1. Whoop-dee-doo. KU is a better team. Which makes 59-55 that much more hilarious. Plus, that score is very misleading. We should have lost by 20+, but our players decided to chuck up quite a few threes at the end, and they made em all. Funny how that works.

4. Thanks. See avatar.

Ceej
02-16-2006, 11:36 AM
The Cal was a big win considering it was early in the season when we were not playing good ball.

Other than that, I'm enjoying the ride. We're young. We were not expected to go anywhere preseason.

We have grown up by a large comparison to the beginning of the year. I'll be content with steady progression and improvement this year.

leviw
02-16-2006, 11:40 AM
1. Whoop-dee-doo. KU is a better team. Which makes 59-55 that much more hilarious. Plus, that score is very misleading. We should have lost by 20+, but our players decided to chuck up quite a few threes at the end, and they made em all. Funny how that works.

4. Thanks. See avatar.

ROFL

If Mike Davis is hired at K-State, I will buy you as much beer as you can drink. KSU fans are in for another lesser-known coach. Weiser had his short list before Davis was even contemplating leaving. Not gonna happen. Ever.

Saulbadguy
02-16-2006, 11:43 AM
ROFL

If Mike Davis is hired at K-State, I will be you as much beer as you can drink. KSU fans are in for another lesser-known coach. Weiser had his short list before Davis was even contemplating leaving. Not gonna happen. Ever.
No shit. I can dream though, can't I? Flannery is also on my list, also for humors sake.

I hope we don't get Chris Lowery.

sedated
02-16-2006, 11:43 AM
Russell Robinson has not been shooting very well recently.

I was hoping he would be Aaron Miles with a jumpshot, but he has looked like neither

Demonpenz
02-16-2006, 11:44 AM
i still can't believe missouri stormed the court. those butt holes

Ceej
02-16-2006, 11:45 AM
I'm just hoping RussRob is in a slump. He had a pretty good stretch of games. I think he's trying to be overly-aggressive each time he has the ball. He needs to let his game come to him. Finding open team mates, penetrating/dishing and getting to the free throw line.

But, no matter how bad his offensive game may be as of late, he's one hellacious defender. At least he's not useless. :)

Saulbadguy
02-16-2006, 11:47 AM
ROFL

Old Dog
02-16-2006, 11:48 AM

I just hope that the kids don't do the same thing this weekend. I don't forsee it, but imagine the crap Jayhawks fans would take if it were to happen.

Old Dog
02-16-2006, 11:50 AM
No shit. I can dream though, can't I? Flannery is also on my list, also for humors sake.

I hope we don't get Chris Lowery.

What about Turgeon making a trip a couple hours north from Wichita? I understand he's a former KU grad, but I'm thinking he might be able to get K-State to turn the corner.

sedated
02-16-2006, 11:50 AM
I just hope that the kids don't do the same thing this weekend. I don't forsee it, but imagine the crap Jayhawks fans would take if it were to happen.

the only time I've ever seen KU rush the court was a win against Texas a couple years back (02 or 03?).

it was like 10 freshman, and they got immediately booed.

the KU newspaper ripped on them for the rest of the year.

Saulbadguy
02-16-2006, 11:51 AM
What about Turgeon making a trip a couple hours north from Wichita? I understand he's a former KU grad, but I'm thinking he might be able to get K-State to turn the corner.
No thanks. Plus, I doubt Turg would leave for anywhere except for KU.

DJJasonp
02-16-2006, 11:52 AM
Russell Robinson has not been shooting very well recently.

I was hoping he would be Aaron Miles with a jumpshot, but he has looked like neither

He's actually better.....because he can (and isnt afraid) to drive to the basket....and he plays much better defense.

RockChalk
02-16-2006, 11:54 AM
Colorado beating OU last night pretty much locked up a first round bye for KU in the Big 12 tourney. Say they lose one game the rest of the big 12 season then lose one in the big 12 tourney, they will probably be a 4-5 seed playing in Dallas for the 1st/2nd round. I see us beating Texas though...I think they're overrated a bit. UT has no bench, gibson is inconsistent, tucker comes and goes, and aldridge can get into quick foul trouble.

BRush will be back next year. If KU gets hot, they could run to the Elite 8 depending on bracket. Playing a team like UConn or Duke doesn't bode well for us, unless we get some good play from our big men.

DJJasonp
02-16-2006, 12:01 PM
Colorado beating OU last night pretty much locked up a first round bye for KU in the Big 12 tourney. Say they lose one game the rest of the big 12 season then lose one in the big 12 tourney, they will probably be a 4-5 seed playing in Dallas for the 1st/2nd round. I see us beating Texas though...I think they're overrated a bit. UT has no bench, gibson is inconsistent, tucker comes and goes, and aldridge can get into quick foul trouble.

BRush will be back next year. If KU gets hot, they could run to the Elite 8 depending on bracket. Playing a team like UConn or Duke doesn't bode well for us, unless we get some good play from our big men.

I actually like how we matchup against Duke. Duke has absolutely no inside presence and ride the shoulders of Reddick. If he's not on, they will lose. I also like the defensive matchup of Chalmers on Reddick.

I would much rather play Duke than a UCONN or Villanova.

Skip Towne
02-16-2006, 12:08 PM
Scoreboard, bitch.

Funny how these threads started appearing since KU has started winning. Oh wait, not really. Frontrunners.
Sadly, you haven't yet realized you are in even worse shape in football than you are in basketball. We won't be hearing from you for a L-O-N-G time. We shouldn't be now.

Ceej
02-16-2006, 12:09 PM
Shelden Williams is a pretty good presence down low. Don't get me wrong, I hate Duke and everything affiliated with the program. But, I'm not blind.

However, they don't have anyone after Williams, if we could get him in foul trouble and run into an off night by JJ, we'd be set.

sedated
02-16-2006, 12:11 PM
I actually like how we matchup against Duke. Duke has absolutely no inside presence and ride the shoulders of Reddick. If he's not on, they will lose. I also like the defensive matchup of Chalmers on Reddick.

I would much rather play Duke than a UCONN or Villanova.

I totally agree, have been saying it for a while.

Our perimeter defenders will give Redick fits. Sheldon Williams can be good, but we've got some big athletes that can bang with him.

I don't wanna play UConn under any circumstances.

I wouldn't mind playing Nova. With Sumpter out, they have no post presence. It would be a matchup of their shooters vs our guards' defense.

Saulbadguy
Sadly, you haven't yet realized you are in even worse shape in football than you are in basketball. We won't be hearing from you for a L-O-N-G time. We shouldn't be now.
Too bad. Even if we are in bad shape in football, we are still better than KU. Oh, I forgot, that doesn't matter. "Basketball school".

DJJasonp
Shelden Williams is a pretty good presence down low. Don't get me wrong, I hate Duke and everything affiliated with the program. But, I'm not blind.

However, they don't have anyone after Williams, if we could get him in foul trouble and run into an off night by JJ, we'd be set.

Good point, I guess I should have clarified.....they don't make an effort to establish an inside game.

sedated
02-16-2006, 12:13 PM
Too bad. Even if we are in bad shape in football, we are still better than KU. Oh, I forgot, that doesn't matter. "Basketball school".

not anymore...

Saulbadguy
02-16-2006, 12:14 PM
not anymore...
Keep dreaming.

Ceej
02-16-2006, 12:15 PM
What I'd give to have a consistent scoring threat down low. Kaun, Giles and DJack serviceable bigs however.

Saulbadguy
02-16-2006, 12:15 PM
not anymore...
Keep dreaming. A 3 point win over the worse K-State team in a decade didn't mean a whole lot back then, and doesn't now. KU loses a ton this year, and due to JUCO recruiting sanctions, can't fill their holes quickly. Lots of unknowns.

Ceej
02-16-2006, 12:17 PM
Since, this thread is getting jacked.

Saul, have you had that Chili Beer at Old Chicago? :)

Saulbadguy
02-16-2006, 12:19 PM
Since, this thread is getting jacked.

Saul, have you had that Chili Beer at Old Chicago? :)
Cave Creek (I think)? Not yet. I've heard its awful. It comes in a clear bottle, and i've not yet had a beer I like that comes out of a clear bottle. They usually get skunked rather quickly by the light. The chili pepper in it looks neat, though.

Ceej
02-16-2006, 12:21 PM
If you can stomach hot foods you can handle it. It's not bad, really. I just don't think I'd go to the liquor store searching for Chili beer.

Old Dog
02-16-2006, 12:21 PM

How did K-State fare in their Bowl game this year, I never did see it? (sorry couldn't resist)

Saulbadguy
02-16-2006, 12:22 PM
How did K-State fare in their Bowl game this year, I never did see it? (sorry couldn't resist)
The Fort Worthless bowl, or the Toilet Bowl? Didn't have to make the trip to the first game, but we faired well in the Toilet Bowl, winning 12-3. KU still hasn't scored a touchdown in Manhattan this millenium. ;)

Old Dog
02-16-2006, 12:25 PM
Seriously I think that Price will do well at K-State. He's already signed quite a handful of talent. Mangino has gotten some decent signees as well.

I'm hoping that this can become a decent rivalry. It's been some time since both schools were good in the same major sport. (Basketball in the mid-80's IIRC)

ROYC75
02-16-2006, 12:26 PM

In the Toilet Bowl ? They got flushed away !

sedated
02-16-2006, 12:45 PM
Keep dreaming. A 3 point win over the worse K-State team in a decade didn't mean a whole lot back then, and doesn't now. KU loses a ton this year, and due to JUCO recruiting sanctions, can't fill their holes quickly. Lots of unknowns.

I do agree.

but KU's recruiting class was ranked higher than KSU, even after KSU scored Freeman.

and from what I hear, last year's defensive stars were just the beginning.

they had backups last year that were awesome and should have played more, but due to KU's pathetic offense, Mangina never had the opportunity to see what the pups could do.

Skip Towne
02-16-2006, 01:00 PM
You'd better go take a look at K-State's football history before Snyder. It is among the worst programs EVER. And I don't see that anything has changed since then. Only Snyder can get recruits to go to that god forsaken outpost and he's gone. You're right back in the tank. You just don't know it yet.

Saulbadguy
02-16-2006, 01:55 PM
I do agree.

but KU's recruiting class was ranked higher than KSU, even after KSU scored Freeman.

and from what I hear, last year's defensive stars were just the beginning.

they had backups last year that were awesome and should have played more, but due to KU's pathetic offense, Mangina never had the opportunity to see what the pups could do.
Slightly better in Princes first year, and Manginos 5th. K-State ranked 41, KU ranked 38. Prince only had 2 months on the job. Prince is also in on 12 of the Texas top 100 already. He's a recruiting machine.

IMO, our last couple years of struggling is widely due to our poor recruiting in 2000/2001. 02/03/04 has brought in much better classes. We'll see.

Saulbadguy
02-16-2006, 01:57 PM
You'd better go take a look at K-State's football history before Snyder. It is among the worst programs EVER. And I don't see that anything has changed since then. Only Snyder can get recruits to go to that god forsaken outpost and he's gone. You're right back in the tank. You just don't know it yet.
What's funny is we've accomplished just as much in the Snyder era than KU has in its entire existance.

Keep thinking we are right back in the tank. If we are, we'd be right with you guys, just like the old times.

banyon
02-16-2006, 02:05 PM
KU is one of the best 1st shot defensive teams in the country. And we are starting to get very good at forcing turnovers. We can stay in games with our D even if we aren't shooting well. This team doesn't get blown out, and it has started to learn how to win the close games.

Now if only we could stop turning over the ball on our end of the court...

sedated
02-16-2006, 02:11 PM
KU is one of the best 1st shot defensive teams in the country. And we are starting to get very good at forcing turnovers. We can stay in games with our D even if we aren't shooting well. This team doesn't get blown out, and it has started to learn how to win the close games.

Now if only we could stop turning over the ball on our end of the court...

KU is, i think, 1-5 in games decided by 5 points or less.

and the only close win they had was against Oklahoma, and we should have lost that one. They choked, just like we choked vs SUK and MU.

and the turnovers continue to be a problem. will Wright ever learn to not make bone-headed plays?

tk13
02-16-2006, 02:13 PM
KU's gonna be one of those teams that a fit to try and predict for the tournament. The talent is there for a deep run. But they are also a young inexperienced team that could get whacked right off the bat by an experienced veteran mid-major type team. I haven't watched them a lot but from what I have seen from them, I'd pack it in and make them beat me from the outside.

sedated
02-16-2006, 02:17 PM
KU's gonna be one of those teams that a fit to try and predict for the tournament. The talent is there for a deep run. But they are also a young inexperienced team that could get whacked right off the bat by an experienced veteran mid-major type team. I haven't watched them a lot but from what I have seen from them, I'd pack it in and make them beat me from the outside.

isn't that pretty much true for every team except Duke and Nova?

KU has some 3 point threats. Rush, Chalmers, Hawkins *shutter*, and Robinson (sometimes).

but they are inconsistent. can they improve by tourney time? Texas game and Big12 tourney will be the only indications

banyon
02-16-2006, 02:21 PM
KU is, i think, 1-5 in games decided by 5 points or less.

and the only close win they had was against Oklahoma, and we should have lost that one. They choked, just like we choked vs SUK and MU.

and the turnovers continue to be a problem. will Wright ever learn to not make bone-headed plays?

True about our record in close games. But other games have been close near the 5 minute mark and lately we have been putting those teams away.

Wright will learn, and other players will learn to be ready for a pass. At least 2 of his 5 TO's last game hit guys in the hands but they didn't react.

tk13
isn't that pretty much true for every team except Duke and Nova?

KU has some 3 point threats. Rush, Chalmers, Hawkins *shutter*, and Robinson (sometimes).

but they are inconsistent. can they improve by tourney time? Texas game and Big12 tourney will be the only indications
I wouldn't say that. There are teams that can knock down the three. Ohio State, for instance... you let them stand out there and shoot threes all day and you'll get destroyed (see the Illinois game last weekend). Tennessee, West Virginia... I don't think KU is incapable of shooting the three, but I'd take my chances there instead of giving up 20 layups a game.

ChiefsFanatic

Exactly how many consecutive times did you expect KU to beat K-State?

Beat KU at Bramlage, once, and then you can say "Scoreboard"

ChiefsFanatic
02-16-2006, 02:23 PM
What's funny is we've accomplished just as much in the Snyder era than KU has in its entire existance.

Keep thinking we are right back in the tank. If we are, we'd be right with you guys, just like the old times.

Haven't KU and K-State won the exact same amount of National Championships in college football? None?

Saulbadguy
02-16-2006, 02:33 PM
Haven't KU and K-State won the exact same amount of National Championships in college football? None?
Stay out of this, half sport fan.

sedated
02-16-2006, 02:34 PM
True about our record in close games. But other games have been close near the 5 minute mark and lately we have been putting those teams away.
Wright will learn, and other players will learn to be ready for a pass. At least 2 of his 5 TO's last game hit guys in the hands but they didn't react.

who have thos games been against?

Iowa State twice (9th in Big 12)

Oklahoma State (11th in Big 12)

Texas A&M (6th in Big 12)

we even lost close games to MU and SUK.

KU should be blowing these people out if they want to do anything in tourney. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad we're winning, and glad the games are competitive so we can get some close game experience. But these teams suck.

leviw
02-16-2006, 02:36 PM

KU should be blowing these people out if they want to do anything in tourney. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad we're winning, and glad the games are competitive so we can get some close game experience. But these teams suck.

Obviously you're not.

ChiefsFanatic
02-16-2006, 02:40 PM
Stay out of this, half sport fan.

It is true, I could not care less about college football. But, it was so easy to type.

sedated
02-16-2006, 02:49 PM
Obviously you're not.

okay, glad SOME games are competitive.

but after watching *sigh* North Carolina this year, they are better than us. They play top flight competition almost every night. Their close games mean something.

Hell, Louisville is probably better than us and they might not even make the BigEast tourney. I kinda doubt we would either. Can you imagine if we played that competition every night? Big East teams are gonna be a force in March

Saulbadguy
02-16-2006, 02:52 PM
The Big XII is ****ing sad.

banyon
02-16-2006, 02:53 PM

mostly conference road games. I'll take that any day. Collison, Hinrich & co. didn't blow out every Big 12 team on the road either. Duke is getting lucky against teams like Va. Tech and Florida St. on the road. UCONN lost to Marquette. The Big Ten is beating the hell out of itself.

Surely you can see that this team is getting better and peaking at the right time. The real transition was when Chalmers and Robinson stopped making as many mistakes on Offense and started playing like fiends on the Defensive end.

ChiefsFanatic
02-16-2006, 02:54 PM
The Big XII is ****ing sad.

They are this year.

Saul, do you want a new head coach for your BB team?

tk13
02-16-2006, 02:54 PM

but after watching *sigh* North Carolina this year, they are better than us. They play top flight competition almost every night. Their close games mean something.

Hell, Louisville is probably better than us and they might not even make the BigEast tourney. I kinda doubt we would either. Can you imagine if we played that competition every night? Big East teams are gonna be a force in March
That whole ACC defection thing looked pretty crappy for them at first, but now it might be the best thing that happened to them because it's like a basketball all-star conference.... they might have 12 teams that are legitimate tournament quality teams.

Saulbadguy
02-16-2006, 02:55 PM
Saul, do you want a new head coach for your BB team?
Uh..ya think?

leviw
02-16-2006, 02:56 PM

You just need to remember this team starts two sophomores and THREE freshmen. Goodness, man, what were expectations this year? Final Four? Further? Be thankful the Hawks didn't tank it and not even make the tourney like it appeared was going to happen early on. There's a good chance they won't make it past the second round of the tourney, but would that be all bad considering the youth?

Put things in perspective.

Saulbadguy
02-16-2006, 02:57 PM
You just need to remember this team starts two sophomores and THREE freshmen. Goodness, man, what were expectations this year? Final Four? Further? Be thankful the Hawks didn't tank it and not even make the tourney like it appeared was going to happen early on. There's a good chance they won't make it past the second round of the tourney, but would that be all bad considering the youth?

Delusions of grandeur. Kinda like Gopowercat.com.

Lzen
02-16-2006, 03:00 PM

I know you got scoreboard this year. But one game does not make a season. Tell everyone again which is the only Big 12 North school to not make a bowl game this year? :hmmm:

Saulbadguy
02-16-2006, 03:05 PM
I know you got scoreboard this year. But one game does not make a season. Tell everyone again which is the only Big 12 North school to not make a bowl game this year? :hmmm:
Don't tell me that. I had to hear all about it in 2004. It means we were better than you. :)

Last season was pretty frustrating. One bad play away from beating NU and we would have been in a bowl, and wouldn't have had to use a I-AA win like KU did. :shake:

sedated
02-16-2006, 03:06 PM

ROFL

ChiefsFanatic
Uh..ya think?

Well, I have met some K-State fans who think that they probably couldn't get anyone better.

I think just about anyone would be better.

ChiefsFanatic

ROFL

Saulbadguy
02-16-2006, 03:08 PM
Well, I have met some K-State fans who think that they probably couldn't get anyone better.

I think just about anyone would be better.
Mike Davis will be on the open market. I doubt we will get him though.

I'm thinking it will be another "WHO?" hire. Who knows.

Bramlage is getting some nice additions to it soon though...that might help us in our coaching search.

ChiefsFanatic
02-16-2006, 03:09 PM
and wouldn't have had to use a I-AA win like KU did. :shake:

How many times did Snyder pad K-State's record by scheduling the Kansas School of the Blind, and Blue Valley North in the non-con?

Oh, wait. I don't care. My bad.

sedated
02-16-2006, 03:10 PM

considering we could lose our whole freshman class after their sophomore year, yes.

we got a great class, and we will pay the price with a lonely senior night in 2009.

we need to produce now.

and I am putting things in perspective and not getting caught up in the win streak. Everyone will be down on this team after they lose to a scrub. I'll be able to say I told ya so (even though it would kill me to have to).

ChiefsFanatic
02-16-2006, 03:11 PM

Bramlage is getting some nice additions to it soon though...that might help us in our coaching search.

I think K-State has decent basketball tradition. There are some mid-major guys, but hopefully whoever they get will have some experience with winning.

Lzen
02-16-2006, 03:12 PM
Don't tell me that. I had to hear all about it in 2004. It means we were better than you. :)

Last season was pretty frustrating. One bad play away from beating NU and we would have been in a bowl, and wouldn't have had to use a I-AA win like KU did. :shake:

Actually, both teams stunk it up offensively that day. If KU had any QB that they could've gone to that could play halfway decently, they would've won easily. But you're right, you have scoreboard this year.

BTW, I find it amusing that a KSU fan would knock anything about KU's non-con schedule. It took a lot of years and a lot of criticism before Snyder started scheduling decent teams in non-con. Look back at how KSU was in the early 90s when Bill was building that team into a power. That is what is happening at KU right now whether you want to admit it or not.

leviw

What is Bramlage getting?

Saulbadguy
How many times did Snyder pad K-State's record by scheduling the Kansas School of the Blind, and Blue Valley North in the non-con?

Oh, wait. I don't care. My bad.
How many times has K-State had to use a I-AA win to become bowl eligible?

How many times has KU had to?

Twice in the last 3 years. Under the previous "exemption" rule that was repealled this past season (BAD FOR COLLEGE FOOTBALL), KU would NOT have been bowl eligible this year.

Half-sport fans....sad. :shake:

sedated

could we shut up about football now please? it's over, people.

Saulbadguy
02-16-2006, 03:13 PM
What is Bramlage getting?
From what i've heard, expansions to the west side concourse to add luxury suites, a "Hall of Fame" area, and an escalator up to that entrance.

An alternate practice area when Bramlage is being used for other events.

Other things i'm sure i've forgotten...

ChiefsFanatic
02-16-2006, 03:14 PM

Twice in the last 3 years. Under the previous "exemption" rule that was repealled this past season (BAD FOR COLLEGE FOOTBALL), KU would NOT have been bowl eligible this year.

OK. OK.

Saulbadguy
02-16-2006, 03:15 PM
BTW, I find it amusing that a KSU fan would knock anything about KU's non-con schedule. It took a lot of years and a lot of criticism before Snyder started scheduling decent teams in non-con. Look back at how KSU was in the early 90s when Bill was building that team into a power. That is what is happening at KU right now whether you want to admit it or not.
Yeah, but like I said, we never padded our way in to bowl games. Crowing about a meaningless bowl game due to an I-AA win (and rule change) is pretty bad.

leviw
02-16-2006, 03:15 PM
From what i've heard, expansions to the west side concourse to add luxury suites, a "Hall of Fame" area, and an escalator up to that entrance.

An alternate practice area when Bramlage is being used for other events.

Other things i'm sure i've forgotten...

Is this what they'd LIKE to have happen? Or is this in the books ready to go? There's a lot of difference between the two around here.

Lzen
02-16-2006, 03:16 PM
Saul, you know me and you know I'm not a half sport fan, as you put it. Frankly, when you're trying to build a program, you'll take any help you can get. Don't even try to tell me that KSU fans would not have gladly accepted 1-AA wins if that were allowed back in the early 90s when BS was building that program.

Saulbadguy
02-16-2006, 03:17 PM
Is this what they'd LIKE to have happen? Or is this in the books ready to go? There's a lot of difference between the two around here.
It's from a source i've found to be reputable in the past. No, it's not on the books, but they've got the money for it.

Personally, I can't wait for Jardine to be completed. That will be beautiful, and awesome for the sports complex.

Saulbadguy
02-16-2006, 03:20 PM
Saul, you know me and you know I'm not a half sport fan, as you put it. Frankly, when you're trying to build a program, you'll take any help you can get. Don't even try to tell me that KSU fans would not have gladly accepted 1-AA wins if that were allowed back in the early 90s when BS was building that program.
I was calling ChiefsFanatic that, since he has readily admitted that. You are great KU fan in my books. :thumb:

Yeah, I agree with your sentiment. I just don't care for the crowing when it's not realistic, IMO. 5th year, senior-laden team, barely makes a pre-Christmas bowl game, and alot of fans are trying to tell me that is so much better than what K-State did, even when they lost.

BTW, KU will be getting tons of help when they get this complex completed. It's football facilities right now are awful. This will help recruiting and training, ALOT.

Ceej
02-16-2006, 03:20 PM
We're 18-6. NO KU fan on this board ever thought we would be 18-6 at this point in the season. Be happy with it.

Lzen
02-16-2006, 03:27 PM
I was calling ChiefsFanatic that, since he has readily admitted that. You are great KU fan in my books. :thumb:

Yeah, I agree with your sentiment. I just don't care for the crowing when it's not realistic, IMO. 5th year, senior-laden team, barely makes a pre-Christmas bowl game, and alot of fans are trying to tell me that is so much better than what K-State did, even when they lost.

BTW, KU will be getting tons of help when they get this complex completed. It's football facilities right now are awful. This will help recruiting and training, ALOT.

I didn't think you were addressing me specifically.

In any case, a bowl game is a big deal for a program that was in shitter under Terry Allen. The days of getting crushed every year by KSU are over. IMO, KU going to the Houston Bowl was about the same as when KSU went to the Copper Bowl after the 93 season. Give MM a few more years and hopefully (knock on wood) he will have built a solid KU football program.

Lzen
02-16-2006, 03:30 PM
We're 18-6. NO KU fan on this board ever thought we would be 18-6 at this point in the season. Be happy with it.

Several people, KU fans included, were predicting that this team wouldn't even win 20 games and wouldn't make the NCAA tourney. I was not one of them. Although I do have to admit that I was somewhat concerned after the first 16 games. Frankly, I don't care who you play, an 8 game win streak is kind of impressive. I think this team is going to surprise some folks come March.

Ceej
02-16-2006, 03:33 PM
Exactly, the original point to that post was the fact that we have vastly over-achieved according to everyone. Why not enjoy it as opposed to finding something to bitch about?

Skip Towne
02-16-2006, 03:33 PM

Prince is still riding Snyder's coattails. Wait till he tries to get good players to go to that forlorn dive on his own. You can only go to Aggieville so many times.

leviw
02-16-2006, 03:37 PM
Prince is still riding Snyder's coattails. Wait till he tries to get good players to go to that forlorn dive on his own. You can only go to Aggieville so many times.

This should spring a fun argument.

Saulbadguy
02-16-2006, 03:47 PM
This should spring a fun argument.
Meh. The old man has lost it.

sedated
02-16-2006, 03:52 PM
Exactly, the original point to that post was the fact that we have vastly over-achieved according to everyone. Why not enjoy it as opposed to finding something to bitch about?

overachieved?

this is what we expected: bad to start, good at end.

but are we good enough?

the clock is ticking...

leviw
02-16-2006, 03:54 PM
overachieved?

this is what we expected: bad to start, good at end.

but are we good enough?

the clock is ticking...

Good enough for what?

What are your expectations for the post season?

Bearcat
02-16-2006, 03:54 PM

It seemed like everyone got worked up about the OSU game in the game thread, and I didn't understand why... this team has a hard time staying focused, and we've known that. I'd be more surprised if they couldn't stay focus against a good team than OSU.

We were hoping the players wouldn't let the ranking go to their heads, but some of the fans should be concerned about themselves.... You're exactly right... we won't know much about the team until they play Texas, and if they lose to Texas by 20, it'll be okay. As much as some like the saying that "we don't rebuild, we reload"....

ROYC75
02-16-2006, 03:57 PM

A little cheese with that whine ?

Saulbadguy
02-16-2006, 03:58 PM
A little cheese with that whine ?
No thanks..but i'd love a new sweater from Abercrombie.

Skip Towne
02-16-2006, 04:07 PM
Saul has to talk while he can. He won't be saying much for the next 20 years. He's a K-State fan for now but that may be subject to change. They only had 4 fans before Snyder and theyre heading back there. There was even talk of K-State dropping football before Snyder arrived. I look for it again.

Skip Towne
02-16-2006, 04:10 PM
Meh. The old man has lost it.
Sorry, It's not my opinion, it's proven fact. Look at their history. K-State can't draw enough quality athletes for a good basketball team let alone football. Snyder is the exception that proves the rule.

Ceej
02-16-2006, 04:12 PM
Yes, over-achieved. Nobody thought we would be 18-6. Let alone having this solid conference record. In my mind, that's over-achieving.

leviw
02-16-2006, 04:13 PM
Yes, over-achieved. Nobody thought we would be 18-6. Let alone having this solid conference record. In my mind, that's over-achieving.

Actually, I'd say it's under-estimating.

Ceej
02-16-2006, 04:17 PM
I'd say overachieving.

Overachieve- To perform better or achieve more success than expected.

HolmeZz
02-16-2006, 05:26 PM
Haha, Saul pulled out the ol' 'SCOREBOARD' smack. ROFL

4th and Long
02-16-2006, 05:32 PM
On a totally non-related note. I ran into Quin Snyder this afternoon.

He's already landed a new job.

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/1779/quin16re.jpg

Bearcat
02-16-2006, 05:41 PM

He's not going to keep it very long with that attitude.... turn that frown upside down!

DJay23
02-16-2006, 07:32 PM
Damnit! ONe of the things about the Planet's popularity that sucks is that a quality thread like this goes from 1-9 pages in no time flat. I just read through all 9 and my thoughts:

1. As to the original post, I agree with all points. I was feeling great about this team, but we really haven't beaten anyone. Win some tough road games and they'll prove it to me, until then all you can do is win the games on your schedule.

I actually think a loss against Texas might be better for these kids than a win (bear with me) especially if it's close. If we win, we continue on like we're the best thing ever, get complacent and get punked somewhere down the road by someone very crappy. We lose, the guys get refocused and say, "We almost had that one. We need to fix this and this and this and we're golden." Gotta keep youngsters humble so they don't let success get to their heads. Having said all this, I know, it's ridiculous to say that losing is good. I'm certainly not rooting for a loss, I just think in the interest of the learning process and preparation for the post season it might serve the team more than a win.

2. Saul has every right to call scoreboard on us in both sports until we get it back. It's the law of things. Stop comparing other wins and losses and bowls to what K-State has done. They took it from us on both fields fair and square. Of course this means when we get it back, Saul will know about it.

3. The rules are the rules. KU won the games, KU went to a bowl, KU blew the doors off Houston. Everyone is right in saying that K-State built itself on cupcakes for all those years. I don't care if they "needed" them to be bowl eligible, those wins serve their purpose too.

4. I am happy that Saul has finally settled on a school to root for. No more of this, "Well I like K-State and KU, but K-State football more and KU basketball more, unless they are playing K-State." It made it very hard to argue with him.

ROYC75
02-16-2006, 07:58 PM
I never know who he is rooting for, he's too wishy washy. A typical bandwagon fan...........:D

ChiefsFanatic
02-16-2006, 08:03 PM

I think that pic may win the award for being the most threads at the same time.

Saulbadguy
02-16-2006, 08:38 PM
How you could ever call anyone who has rooted for K-State basketball for years a "bandwagon fan" is beyond me. :) We've been awful for ..well..since I can remember. I don't remember the Kruger years very well at all.

Skip Towne
02-16-2006, 09:10 PM
K-State CAN recruit enough quality players for a basketball team but only with a great coach such as Hartman or Kruger. But fielding a good football team is another matter altogether. NOBODY but Snyder has EVER been able to do that. Not in 100 years. I won't live to see another winning football team at K-State and Saul probably won't either. This isn't my opinion, it is the history of the program. Good players simply won't go to a school way out on the prairie where there is no action and no bright lights. Snyder couldn't get the blue chippers either but he had a knack for developing marginal players into good players. Good luck finding another Snyder. It took 100 years to find him.

Saulbadguy
02-16-2006, 09:14 PM
K-State CAN recruit enough quality players for a basketball team but only with a great coach such as Hartman or Kruger. But fielding a good football team is another matter altogether. NOBODY but Snyder has EVER been able to do that. Not in 100 years. I won't live to see another winning football team at K-State and Saul probably won't either. This isn't my opinion, it is the history of the program. Good players simply won't go to a school way out on the prairie where there is no action and no bright lights. Snyder couldn't get the blue chippers either but he had a knack for developing marginal players into good players. Good luck finding another Snyder. It took 100 years to find him.
Residents of Iowa City, Lubbock, Storrs, and Stillwater are all laughing at you right now.

Saulbadguy
02-16-2006, 09:18 PM
Skip, honest question. When's the last time you have been to Manhattan?

Skip Towne
02-16-2006, 09:20 PM
Residents of Iowa City, Lubbock, Storrs, and Stillwater are all laughing at you right now.
Yeah, those are all football hotbeds. Why don't you address K-States football record pre Snyder? Now who is laughing? You're screwed and are too stupid to realize it.

Skip Towne
02-16-2006, 09:23 PM
Yeah, those are all football hotbeds. Why don't you address K-States football record pre Snyder? Now who is laughing? You're screwed and are too stupid to realize it.
BTW Stillwater is an hour from OKC. I hate to spoil your dreams but they are just that, dreams.

leviw
02-16-2006, 10:15 PM

I'm about to bite my tongue off as I type this, but Ron Prince will come closer to winning a National Title in the next four seasons than Snyder ever did.

Skip, how you're comparing recruiting 20 years ago to now is laughable. You're right, Snyder couldn't get blue chippers, not because of where he is, but because he was an older man that had a tremendously dry personality that didn't appeal to kids. His only pull was a winning program at a growing university.

Prince is young and can appeal to any young kid. He relates to these kids better than Snyder ever could. He knows what an I-Pod is. He's plugged the complex with flat-screens and dvd players. Hell, he handed out Blackberries to his entire staff. Thats the stuff kids like these days. Trust me, he'll pull some great recruiting classes with a healthy share of blue chips.

Wow. Can't believe I just typed all that and meant it. Yuck.

GO HAWKS!

HolmeZz
02-16-2006, 10:43 PM
Storrs ain't a football hotbed. It's out in the middle of nowhere.

ChiefsFanatic
02-16-2006, 11:13 PM
I'm about to bite my tongue off as I type this, but Ron Prince will come closer to winning a National Title in the next four seasons than Snyder ever did

You mean not at all? I agree.

RickObie
02-16-2006, 11:18 PM
So if a coach hands out Ipods and Blackberry's they'll will win more games?? Wow I didn't realize it would be that easy!! As an SDSU fan I'll pass that info on to Coach Long. Thanks!!

leviw
02-17-2006, 09:02 AM
So if a coach hands out Ipods and Blackberry's they'll will win more games?? Wow I didn't realize it would be that easy!! As an SDSU fan I'll pass that info on to Coach Long. Thanks!!

That's not what I said, n00b. Read it again.

sedated
02-17-2006, 09:18 AM
umm, is it basketball season or football season?

leviw
02-17-2006, 09:20 AM
umm, is it basketball season or football season?

Two Predictions:

#1:
KU 81
MU 63

#2:
Sedated won't be satisfied, as it's just an 18-point victory over another shitty Big 12 team.

RickObie
02-17-2006, 09:20 AM
That's not what I said, n00b. Read it again.

I wasn't trying to be an @ss, I was just kiddin around! :)

leviw
02-17-2006, 09:22 AM
I wasn't trying to be an @ss, I was just kiddin around! :)

My apolgies. It's like 12 degrees outside, so I automatically hate people in San Diego this morning.

RickObie
02-17-2006, 09:25 AM
My apolgies. It's like 12 degrees outside, so I automatically hate people in San Diego this morning.

If it makes you feel any better it's only going to be in the 60's here today.

leviw
02-17-2006, 09:28 AM
If it makes you feel any better it's only going to be in the 60's here today.

It's 14 degrees with a 16 mph north wind, making it feel like -1. So no, your 60-degree high will get little sympathy from me. But thanks for trying.

RickObie
02-17-2006, 09:31 AM
It's 14 degrees with a 16 mph north wind, making it feel like -1. So no, your 60-degree high will get little sympathy from me. But thanks for trying.

I grew up in O.P Kansas, so I've lived it, the weird thing about here is it never changes so you forget that it's cold or hot other places.

But the average price for a home here is over $600,000. That's why I rent! Good with the bad!

sedated
02-17-2006, 09:36 AM
Two Predictions:

#1:
KU 81
MU 63

#2:
Sedated won't be satisfied, as it's just an 18-point victory over another shitty Big 12 team.

ROFL

yes, I won't be satisfied because we blew out another sh!tty opponent, and learned nothing from it.

welcome to the world of a pessimist.

I'd be satisfied if we had last year's schedule. all foes = tourny teams.

RickObie
02-17-2006, 09:40 AM
ROFL

yes, I won't be satisfied because we blew out another sh!tty opponent, and learned nothing from it.

What did that do for KU? They lost to Bucknell in the first round, I feel much better about there chances of advancing this year than last. The team actually listens to Coach Self.

leviw
02-17-2006, 09:40 AM
ROFL

Realistically, if "all foes = tourny teams" than KU would not be a tourny team. Which would you prefer?

sedated
02-17-2006, 09:43 AM
Realistically, if "all foes = tourny teams" than KU would not be a tourny team. Which would you prefer?

haven't you been paying attention?

I want it all...now!

sedated
02-17-2006, 09:47 AM
What did that do for KU? They lost to Bucknell in the first round, I feel much better about there chances of advancing this year than last. The team actually listens to Coach Self.

they lost to Bucknell because they were a senior-driven team that overlooked it's opponent. They were looking ahead to the Final Four.

Also, that team was divided. They didn't like or listen to their coach.

I don't think this team will have that problem. If anything, they'll be too nervous. That's why I want some BIG game experience against GOOD teams

alanm
02-17-2006, 09:51 AM
Iowa City, Lubbock,Stillwater and Lincoln, for that matter, have it all over Manhattan. Manhattan is in the middle of no where. :spock:

alanm
02-17-2006, 09:54 AM
That sounds like a recruiting violation in the works already. I better get on the phone to the NCAA Investigative comittee. :)

RickObie
02-17-2006, 09:59 AM
they lost to Bucknell because they were a senior-driven team that overlooked it's opponent. They were looking ahead to the Final Four.

Also, that team was divided. They didn't like or listen to their coach.

I don't think this team will have that problem. If anything, they'll be too nervous. That's why I want some BIG game experience against GOOD teams

I agree!! Playing Texas will help, but honestly as this season has progressed they have gotten much better. But remember it will be the first tourney for most of these kids and it wouldn't shock me if they won a few games or lost in the first round again.

If Rush stays, which he should because he still to raw, KU will be a preseason top 5 team, next year, and should live up to the hype.

RickObie
02-17-2006, 10:00 AM
That sounds like a recruiting violation in the works already. I better get on the phone to the NCAA Investigative comittee. :)

That's KSU for ya, got watch em like a hawk!

leviw
02-17-2006, 10:03 AM
haven't you been paying attention?

I want it all...now!

You want it all...now?

How can you possibly survive as a Chiefs and KU fan??? How? How? How?

Saulbadguy
02-17-2006, 10:52 AM
Iowa City, Lubbock,Stillwater and Lincoln, for that matter, have it all over Manhattan. Manhattan is in the middle of no where. :spock:
I've bet you haven't been to any of them in the past 5 years, save Lincoln, which I didn't even mention. Moron.

sedated
02-17-2006, 11:59 AM
You want it all...now?

How can you possibly survive as a Chiefs and KU fan??? How? How? How?

:bong:

drugs, lots of drugs

Lzen
02-17-2006, 01:43 PM

And in other news, the atom bomb was invented. :p

Bearcat
02-17-2006, 02:38 PM

Dallas is the only first/second round location fairly close to KU... it would be nice to go there for the first couple of games instead of being shipped out to NC, FL, or CA.

If Self is smart, he'll start the "just happy to be here" type of speeches... let the players know they can be fearless, because they aren't supposed to win a game in the tournament, especially if they come up against a 3 or 4 seed in the second round.

The Texas game will obviously show a lot about the team.... national broadcast with College Gameday on sight (I assume they will be anyway) against the #6 team in the nation.

sedated
02-17-2006, 02:41 PM
The Texas game will obviously show a lot about the team.... national broadcast with College Gameday on sight (I assume they will be anyway) against the #6 team in the nation.

amen.

the texass game will be the measuring stick for the entire regular season.

leviw
02-17-2006, 02:51 PM
amen.

the texass game will be the measuring stick for the entire regular season.

Two Predictions:
#1:
KU 71
UT 69

#2:
Sedated won't be satisfied, as they should have beaten the best team in this shitty conference by more than two points.

sedated
02-17-2006, 03:03 PM
Two Predictions:
#1:
KU 71
UT 69

#2:
Sedated won't be satisfied, as they should have beaten the best team in this shitty conference by more than two points.

ah, you are learning, grasshopper

Texas is overrated :p

Bearcat
02-17-2006, 03:13 PM
Heh... they've beaten the #2 & #3 teams in the nation since 1/1, and they've been blowing everyone out except for their rival/OU game at Norman. The back to back losses to Duke & Tennessee are really the only question marks, and those happened back in December. While KU has a problem playing down to their competition, Texas clearly does not.

leviw
02-17-2006, 03:15 PM
Heh... they've beaten the #2 & #3 teams in the nation since 1/1, and they've been blowing everyone out except for their rival/OU game at Norman. The back to back losses to Duke & Tennessee are really the only question marks, and those happened back in December. While KU has a problem playing down to their competition, Texas clearly does not.

In the eight-game winning streak, with the exception of OSU, how have they played down to their competition?

Bearcat
02-17-2006, 03:30 PM
In the eight-game winning streak, with the exception of OSU, how have they played down to their competition?

Maybe that was a poor choice of words... but they have had focus issues & consistency issues.. giving up big leads, being down at half, etc.... and they're young, so it's expected... but Texas, OTOH, seems to go up 10 or 15 by half, and then add another 10 or 15 to the gap in the 2nd. They're consistent & apparently really focused. Again, it's just a youth thing, so hopefully they can put together some complete games in the next couple of weeks.

(and now that I'm not working Saturday nights, I'll get to see the MU & Texas game PBJ )

sedated
02-17-2006, 03:40 PM

they played "down" to Iowa State (x2 - 9th in Big12), Texas A&M (6th), and Oklahoma State (11th).

should have lost to Oklahoma (4th).

and we beat the hell out of Nebraska (x2 - 5th) and TTech (7th).

but before the streak, lost to KState (8th) and Mizzou (10th).

leviw
02-17-2006, 03:42 PM
they played "down" to Iowa State (x2), Texas A&M, and Oklahoma State.

should have lost to Oklahoma.

and we beat the hell out of Nebraska (x2) and TTech.

If I wanted your pessimistic opinion, I would have asked for it. :)

sedated
02-17-2006, 03:58 PM
If I wanted your pessimistic opinion, I would have asked for it. :)

no one expects the pessimistic opinion

ArrowheadHawk
02-17-2006, 04:55 PM
im only worried about mizzoo tommorrow...one game at a time

Skip Towne
02-17-2006, 05:08 PM
no one expects the pessimistic opinion
Hey Sedated, why don't you tell that n00b to STFU?

leviw
02-17-2006, 05:20 PM
Hey Sedated, why don't you tell that n00b to STFU?

Because he loves me.

Skip Towne
02-17-2006, 05:23 PM
Because he loves me.
Well you two n00bs take it to the F-A-G forum OK?

leviw
02-17-2006, 05:24 PM

That hurts, Skip. Thought we were friends.

Skip Towne
02-17-2006, 05:27 PM
That hurts, Skip. Thought we were friends.
We are. I only mess with my friends.

greg63
02-17-2006, 10:51 PM

ROFLROFLROFLROFL

sedated
02-17-2006, 11:04 PM

I leave for a couple hours, and this is what a beautiful KU basketball thread turns into. :shake: