PDA

View Full Version : How would you improve your job?

Rain Man
02-16-2006, 03:03 PM
Poll coming. Pick the three things that, if implemented (and let me tell you, there's a fat chance of that happening), would most improve your job satisfaction.

Now, answer the poll and then get back to work.

kcfanXIII
02-16-2006, 03:17 PM
how bout i make minimum wage instead of 2.13 an hour. i don't understand this. its ok to tell me that i'll make more than min wage because of tips, but then they tell me that its rude to expect tips. i make my money, so thats not really an issue, but i think this hypocrisy within the system needs to be fixed.

sedated
02-16-2006, 03:19 PM
it would have to be less hours or better environment.

stuff like money and a title is good for a day or so, but after that it's just the same job...every day...over and over, and it doesn't make tasks more enjoyable

Iowanian
02-16-2006, 03:19 PM
1 of the 2 powerball tickets in my pocket, is a winnah!

sedated
02-16-2006, 03:22 PM
how bout i make minimum wage instead of 2.13 an hour. i don't understand this. its ok to tell me that i'll make more than min wage because of tips, but then they tell me that its rude to expect tips. i make my money, so thats not really an issue, but i think this hypocrisy within the system needs to be fixed.

it's not rude to expect tips, just to demand them.

if you're good to the customers, you'll make it up.

and quit yer b!tchin (this is coming from a former cook who despises wait staff, I'm assuming)

keg in kc
02-16-2006, 03:23 PM
Less work, more pay, conjugal lunch-time visits from hot prostitutes.

beavis
02-16-2006, 03:27 PM
Mo' money. That's the only thing I'd care about.

kcfanXIII
02-16-2006, 03:32 PM
nope, i'm a waiter, and a pretty good one. i make my money as i stated before, but there are too many people out there who don't tip enough. i guess i just wish everyone knew tips are where we make our money. therefore making me more money.

StcChief
02-16-2006, 03:33 PM
three isn't enough

mike_b_284
02-16-2006, 03:37 PM
Hey, I'm very sorry that the
government taxes their tips.
That's ****ed up. But that ain't
my fault. it would appear that
waitresses are just one of the
many groups the government ****s
in the ass on a regular basis.
You show me a paper says the
government shouldn't do that, I'll
sign it. Put it to a vote, I'll
vote for it. But what I won't do
is play ball. And this non-
college bullshit you're telling
me, I got two words for that:
"Learn to ****in type." Cause if
you're expecting me to help out
with the rent, you're in for a big
****in surprise.

sedated
02-16-2006, 03:41 PM
Mo' money. That's the only thing I'd care about.

you must love your job already then.

money won't make your time at work better if you already hate it.

I speak from experience. I made awesome money at my last job, but I couldn't stand going to work everyday.

trndobrd
02-16-2006, 03:44 PM
I would like to listen to the radio at a reasonable volume

kcfanXIII
02-16-2006, 03:46 PM
i'm going to school, this is definently not how i'm spending the next 30 years of my life. what i'm sayin is there are people out there who don't tip enough no matter what. they'll ring up a $40+ tab, never have an empty drink, food comes out right and hot, and they leave 3 bucks. thats not even 10 percent, let alone the 15% i have to claim for taxes at the end of the night. so i'm getting taxed on money i didn't make.

Rooster
02-16-2006, 03:49 PM

I want to change my vote to this one.

sedated
02-16-2006, 03:53 PM
i'm going to school, this is definently not how i'm spending the next 30 years of my life. what i'm sayin is there are people out there who don't tip enough no matter what. they'll ring up a $40+ tab, never have an empty drink, food comes out right and hot, and they leave 3 bucks. thats not even 10 percent, let alone the 15% i have to claim for taxes at the end of the night. so i'm getting taxed on money i didn't make.

shut the f*ck up about yer goddamm tip complaints.

no one cares.

kcfanXIII
02-16-2006, 03:57 PM
shut the f*ck up about yer goddamm tip complaints.

no one cares.

i'm sure if you worked you'd understand

JBucc
02-16-2006, 04:03 PM
Mo' money for less work

mike_b_284
02-16-2006, 04:03 PM
There is always the alternative of a real job.

mike_b_284
02-16-2006, 04:04 PM
Or a sex change, hot girls always get at least 20% from me.

JBucc
02-16-2006, 04:04 PM
i'm sure if you worked you'd understandI used to work at a resaurant and I understand, but I still don't care.

Iowanian
02-16-2006, 04:08 PM
Waiter....sounds like kcchiefsman 3 years ago.

I tip, depending on food and service. If either suck, your tip will be adjusted. Everyone possibly can't afford a 20% tip....smile and wait for the person that pays too much. I'll wager you don't complain about them.

While I'm at it...don't act like you're not pocketing tip money on the side and paying taxes on all of it. I doubt there is a waitress alive that doesn't do that.

Jobs like that suck by govt conspiracy, so you'll get motivated and get a grown up job.

kc rush
02-16-2006, 04:10 PM
More pay

Better long-term career path

More influence on management

Jilly
02-16-2006, 04:18 PM
The people, I'd do a people exchange. Get rid of the bad ones for good ones. Then my job would be perfect.

sedated
02-16-2006, 04:23 PM
i'm sure if you worked you'd understand

yeah, and I'd probably have money to tip my waitress, too.

but that ain't happening.

suckers.

Iowanian
02-16-2006, 04:27 PM
A little organizational restructuring, an assistant, funding for an intern, a different office, and a little more money and I'd be pretty good.

I'm working on most of that.

ct
02-16-2006, 04:27 PM
quit

Rain Man
02-16-2006, 04:44 PM
The people, I'd do a people exchange. Get rid of the bad ones for good ones. Then my job would be perfect.

But if that happened, there's be more competition for promotions and raises. Is it always a good thing to get rid of the bad people?

blueballs
02-16-2006, 04:48 PM

eating prostitues may cause a rise in missed days

Skip Towne
02-16-2006, 04:50 PM
1 of the 2 powerball tickets in my pocket, is a winnah!
You have a better chance of dying and coming back to life.

Skip Towne
02-16-2006, 04:55 PM
Get a job. I don't feel responsible for paying somebody else's help. I do lots of extras for people and they never tip me a dime.

Jilly
02-16-2006, 04:56 PM
But if that happened, there's be more competition for promotions and raises. Is it always a good thing to get rid of the bad people?

eh, you'd have to know what I do for a living to understand..... I'm not in much competition...I'm pretty much the main gal.

sedated
02-16-2006, 04:57 PM

maybe they meant exchange the assh0les that suck to work with :hmmm:

and I think it would be a good thing to be surrounded by great workers.

depending on the industry, a great team gets rewarded, whereas a great worker on a sh!tty team can get lost in the sh!ttiness.

Simply Red
02-16-2006, 04:59 PM
Change? Hmm... Nothing. Ohh wait uhh there is something. Yes there is something I'd change. I'd like a dart board with Iowanian's AVY on it to pass time between closing deals.

Bearcat
02-16-2006, 05:01 PM
I'd like to work four 10s instead of five 8s.

Rain Man
02-16-2006, 05:13 PM
Off topic, but an acquaintance of mine has a company, and recently went out of the country for a while to do some volunteer work. After she left, her employees "voted" to go with a 4-10 schedule instead of a 5-8 schedule. Unbelievable. I haven't heard yet what happened when the owner got back, but if it was me, I would find out who did that and fire them the first day. "Hey, let's shut our company down one day a week and go home."

Lazy is bad enough, but these people knew that they shouldn't do it, and so they waited until the owner left and did it behind her back. Unbelievable.

Rain Man
02-16-2006, 05:15 PM
Oh, and by the way, I'm not in any way accusing Bearcat of laziness or malfeasance. Wanting it is an entirely different thing than implementing it for all of the employees the day after your boss leaves for a month, and shutting down the company one day a week.

(However, I don't know Bearcat, so it's possible that he actually is lazy and shiftless, so don't take the above paragraph to mean that I am serving as an employment reference for him.)

Bearcat
02-16-2006, 05:18 PM
Off topic, but an acquaintance of mine has a company, and recently went out of the country for a while to do some volunteer work. After she left, her employees "voted" to go with a 4-10 schedule instead of a 5-8 schedule. Unbelievable. I haven't heard yet what happened when the owner got back, but if it was me, I would find out who did that and fire them the first day. "Hey, let's shut our company down one day a week and go home."

Lazy is bad enough, but these people knew that they shouldn't do it, and so they waited until the owner left and did it behind her back. Unbelievable.

Idiots... if you're going to do it that way, you might as well go to four 8s until the boss comes back, and then tell her you voted to go with four 10s.

Iowanian
02-16-2006, 05:22 PM
Change? Hmm... Nothing. Ohh wait uhh there is something. Yes there is something I'd change. I'd like a dart board with Iowanian's AVY on it to pass time between closing deals.

It looks like my stalker is back.

Closing deals? you mean like

simple: "i'll give you $20 for some half and half"?
tranny hooker: "Its at least $40 for you"

Rain Man
02-16-2006, 05:23 PM
Idiots... if you're going to do it that way, you might as well go to four 8s until the boss comes back, and then tell her you voted to go with four 10s.

That's why they're not management material, I guess.