PDA

View Full Version : Jared Allen is a cool dude

ChiefButthurt
02-16-2006, 02:28 PM
True Story

A co-worker told me today that his nephew was traveling to Columbus to his father’s funeral. He was stuck in the Los Angeles airport last week. He was on a long delay and wandered into the airport bar. The nephew is a Marine and he was in uniform. A “very large guy” (Jared Allen) came up to him and asked him where he was stationed. They talked for a while and he said that his dad (Allen’s) was a Marine in Viet Nam. They talked for a while and Allen wouldn’t let him pay for anything the entire time they sat in the bar. The nephew and my co-worker WERE Browns fans, not any longer. They’re Chiefs fans now. Not only can Allen play ball, he’s a cool dude.

leviw
02-16-2006, 02:32 PM
I used to know somebody who has a date with him on Tuesday.

StcChief
02-16-2006, 02:32 PM
Good for Jared, spend that Chief's cash.

kcfanXIII
02-16-2006, 02:34 PM
look at any of his interviews and you could tell he was a cool dude. he's going to be a great member of this team if we can ever get him some help on that d-line. if only sims and browning were really as good as madden makes them...

sedated
02-16-2006, 02:51 PM
I don't buy any of these JAllen stories.

isn't he related to Chuck Norris?

keg in kc
02-16-2006, 02:53 PM
Based on the pics from last offseason, he looked like he'd eaten chuck norris.

dtrain
02-16-2006, 03:12 PM
I used to know somebody who has a date with him on Tuesday.

ROFL That's a good one rep to you!

football_kc
02-16-2006, 03:36 PM
In reference to the reply by SEDATED "I don't buy any of these JAllen stories." and " I heard he was related to Chuck Norris".

Jared Allen is the perfect example of what a Chiefs player should be. As for the Chuck Norris problem. Chuck Norris tried to round house kick Jared Allen and Jared sacked his a**, then turned on Metallica's Enter Sandman and kicked Chuck out the family!!!

leviw
02-16-2006, 03:39 PM
In reference to the reply by SEDATED "I don't buy any of these JAllen stories." and " I heard he was related to Chuck Norris".

Jared Allen is the perfect example of what a Chiefs player should be. As for the Chuck Norris problem. Chuck Norris tried to round house kick Jared Allen and Jared sacked his a**, then turned on Metallica's Enter Sandman and kicked Chuck out the family!!!

I'd love the hear what a Chiefs player "should be". Please enlighten us.

Skip Towne
02-16-2006, 03:41 PM
I'll bet Tony G can run off more potential Chiefs fans than JAllen can recruit.

football_kc
02-16-2006, 03:42 PM
The ideal Chiefs player just plays the game. They show up to all the practices as if they were a gameday. They represent the team in a positive manner both on and off the field. They don't cry about every little thing that doesn't go there way.

P.S. They don't go to jail!!!

Ari Chi3fs
02-16-2006, 03:44 PM
What about Chuck Norris vs. Rich Scanlon?

leviw
02-16-2006, 03:47 PM
The ideal Chiefs player just plays the game. They show up to all the practices as if they were a gameday. They represent the team in a positive manner both on and off the field. They don't cry about every little thing that doesn't go there way.

P.S. They don't go to jail!!!

Great Mr. Rodgers. I'd love to have a bunch of punks who slack of in practice that end up going to the playoffs, rather than a bunch of *milk-and-cookie pussies.

*Credit Tony Muser for that one.

Rain Man
02-16-2006, 03:47 PM
I'll bet Tony G can run off more potential Chiefs fans than JAllen can recruit.

This is like one of those humidifer/dehumidifier battles.

sedated
02-16-2006, 03:48 PM

this quote button works pretty well, n00b

leviw
02-16-2006, 03:49 PM
this quote button works pretty well, n00b

ROFL

football_kc
02-16-2006, 03:54 PM
SEDATED I appreciate the sarcasm on the quote button. I will take that lesson. But for leviw, your favorite O-Line is built out of the same milk and cookie lovin Mr. Rogers fans that you despise. Somehow they are the best in the NFL and they don't have to be public a**holes.

leviw
02-16-2006, 03:58 PM
SEDATED I appreciate the sarcasm on the quote button. I will take that lesson. But for leviw, your favorite O-Line is built out of the same milk and cookie lovin Mr. Rogers fans that you despise. Somehow they are the best in the NFL and they don't have to be public a**holes.

...and I can't wait to go to Arrowhead this fall and look at that Lombardi Trophy they won us this season.

I'm not saying they have to be assholes (you can type that, you know) to win championships. But, if that's what it takes....I'm all for it. This isn't college football. They aren't representing an University. They're repping an organization that hasn't won a playoff game in 12 years.

football_kc
02-16-2006, 04:00 PM
I can agree with that, but I was just trying to point out that he has a good character. If every one of our players played as hard as he did, then we would have that trophy.

P.S. Thanks, I didn't know we could cuss.

leviw
02-16-2006, 04:02 PM
I can agree with that, but I was just trying to point out that he has a good character. If every one of our players played as hard as he did, then we would have that trophy.

P.S. Thanks, I didn't know we could cuss.

That's pretty subjective. But, okay. Whatever makes you happy.

football_kc
02-16-2006, 04:05 PM
Thank you for humoring me

dj56dt58
02-16-2006, 04:06 PM
...and I can't wait to go to Arrowhead this fall and look at that Lombardi Trophy they won us this season.

I'm not saying they have to be assholes (you can type that, you know) to win championships. But, if that's what it takes....I'm all for it. This isn't college football. They aren't representing an University. They're repping an organization that hasn't won a playoff game in 12 years.
If we had 11 guys on both sides of the ball that played as hard as Jared Allen, we would have a Lombardi Trophy

leviw
02-16-2006, 04:11 PM
If we had 11 guys on both sides of the ball that played as hard as Jared Allen, we would have a Lombardi Trophy

Is there an echo in here?

dj56dt58
02-16-2006, 04:34 PM
an echo? If so it's certainly not from anything you said. Your saying you would rather have a team full of assholes..which is real smart because we all know a team full of TO's would be successful ROFL

leviw
02-16-2006, 04:43 PM
an echo? If so it's certainly not from anything you said. Your saying you would rather have a team full of assholes..which is real smart because we all know a team full of TO's would be successful ROFL
Your ignorance is uncanny. Really. Re-read the thread and get back to me.

ChiefsFire
02-16-2006, 04:48 PM
GIMP FIGHT!!!11