PDA

View Full Version : Olympic Medals are pretty pathetic to look at.

Logical
02-17-2006, 01:04 AM
Medals at the Olympics downright ugly. Who thought up these giant washers.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=53906&stc=1

Logical
02-17-2006, 01:05 AM
Ugly

alanm
02-17-2006, 01:15 AM
At least there different. How many different ways can you design a medallion?

Calcountry
02-17-2006, 01:30 AM
Medals at the Olympics downright ugly. Who thought up these giant washers.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=53906&stc=1They look like what happens to all my AOL signup cd's that they keep mailing me. I take a box cutter to them.

KcMizzou
02-17-2006, 01:41 AM
Looks like an old busted up 45 record.

Deberg_1990
02-17-2006, 01:45 AM
Ugly

Who do you think you are? Bryant Gumble??

Guru
02-17-2006, 01:51 AM
At least they will fly well as discs.

Calcountry
02-17-2006, 01:51 AM
Who do you think you are? Bryant Gumble??The winter olympics are too white for Bryant.

Hey Bryant, DUH, Sweeden, Norway, Finland, and all the other godforsaken frozen places produce most of the athletes that compete in these kind of sports.

Deberg_1990
02-17-2006, 01:56 AM
The winter olympics are too white for Bryant.

Hey Bryant, DUH, Sweeden, Norway, Finland, and all the other godforsaken frozen places produce most of the athletes that compete in these kind of sports.

Yea, i thought the same thing...what a dipshit he was for saying that crap. Facts are facts: not many blacks live in mountainous US states and in cold weather European countries. Hey Gumble, last time I checked, there arnt many NBA players from the mountains of Colorado, Norway and Sweden...get over yourself.

Guru
02-17-2006, 02:02 AM
Yea, i thought the same thing...what a dipshit he was for saying that crap. Facts are facts: not many blacks live in mountainous US states and in cold weather European countries. Hey Gumble, last time I checked, there arnt many NBA players from the mountains of Colorado, Norway and Sweden...get over yourself.

What did Gumble say? I must have missed this.

Miles
02-17-2006, 02:05 AM

Was thinking the exact thing here. Big shock people that are good at winter sports tend to be from mountain areas that have snow and ice.

Deberg_1990
02-17-2006, 02:07 AM

Read about it here:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=135772

Miles
02-17-2006, 02:07 AM

Quote I got from newsvine:

"Finally, tonight, the Winter Games. Count me among those who don’t care about them and won’t watch them ... Because they’re so trying ... Like, try not to be incredulous when someone attempts to link these games to those of the ancient Greeks who never heard of skating or skiing. So try not to laugh when someone says these are the world’s greatest athletes, despite a paucity of blacks that makes the Winter Games look like a GOP convention. Try not to point out that something’s not really a sport if a pseudo-athlete waits in what’s called a kiss-and-cry area, while some panel of subjective judges decides who won ... So if only to hasten the arrival of the day they’re done, when we can move on to March Madness — for God’s sake, let the games begin."

Calcountry
02-17-2006, 02:10 AM
Quote I got from newsvine:

"Finally, tonight, the Winter Games. Count me among those who don’t care about them and won’t watch them ... Because they’re so trying ... Like, try not to be incredulous when someone attempts to link these games to those of the ancient Greeks who never heard of skating or skiing. So try not to laugh when someone says these are the world’s greatest athletes, despite a paucity of blacks that makes the Winter Games look like a GOP convention. Try not to point out that something’s not really a sport if a pseudo-athlete waits in what’s called a kiss-and-cry area, while some panel of subjective judges decides who won ... So if only to hasten the arrival of the day they’re done, when we can move on to March Madness — for God’s sake, let the games begin."That racist should be fired immediately! My lilly white ass can't possibly go on another day with punks like him in the world.

Calcountry
02-17-2006, 02:11 AM
Yea, i thought the same thing...what a dipshit he was for saying that crap. Facts are facts: not many blacks live in mountainous US states and in cold weather European countries. Hey Gumble, last time I checked, there arnt many NBA players from the mountains of Colorado, Norway and Sweden...get over yourself.Immagine that? :shrug:

Miles
02-17-2006, 02:19 AM
That racist should be fired immediately! My lilly white ass can't possibly go on another day with punks like him in the world.

I enjoy his show when I have seen it. Just that it was fairly ignorent comment in what it implies.

Also for some reason bashing the winter games seems trendy this year for some reason.

Guru
02-17-2006, 03:02 AM
Read about it here:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=135772

Thanks.

I never liked Gumbel. Nice to see him sticking a foot in his mouth yet again.

Rausch
02-17-2006, 04:23 AM
Also for some reason bashing the winter games seems trendy this year for some reason.

Perhaps it's because we're getting our $#it pushed in and our best athletes refuse to play for national pride alone...

Guru
02-17-2006, 04:43 AM
our best athletes refuse to play for national pride alone...

BINGO!!! :shake:

VonneMarie
02-17-2006, 06:29 AM
I actually think they are pretty cute. Certainly the best looking medals in the last 8 years.

Cochise
02-17-2006, 06:43 AM
I enjoy his show when I have seen it. Just that it was fairly ignorent comment in what it implies.

Because they're boring and overhyped.

Simplex3
02-17-2006, 07:41 AM
The winter olympics are too white for Bryant.

Like Bryant Gumble is black.

Brock
02-17-2006, 07:50 AM

He has Richard Pryor's "white guy" voice.

SquirrellyBastard
02-17-2006, 08:00 AM

No kidding, he is the whitest black guy I have ever seen!

Stinger
02-17-2006, 08:21 AM

http://www.chappellecenter.com/seasontwo/episodes/images/202_2.jpg

Negrodamus: White people like Wayne Brady because he makes Brian Gumbel look like Malcolm X.

Logical
02-17-2006, 12:19 PM
Who do you think you are? Bryant Gumble??

I really don't understand this reference. I like watching the Downhill, Slalom, SuperG, speed skating, snowboarding. I just thought the medals were ugly.

Mr. Kotter
02-17-2006, 12:49 PM
I really don't understand this reference. I like watching the Downhill, Slalom, SuperG, speed skating, snowboarding. I just thought the medals were ugly.

Gumble made a racist comment about the lack of appeal of the Olympics to blacks....basically dissed the whole winter Olympic crap.

CoMoChief
02-17-2006, 12:53 PM
Sweet....................coasters???

Phobia
02-17-2006, 01:42 PM
Gumble was simply seeking some street cred. It's no different from a rapper getting grazed in a driveby. I can't hold that against him - can I?

StcChief
02-17-2006, 01:49 PM
Bet. Gumble won't get in trouble of his comments

Medals seem to have a modern look, after all it is 2006.

ENDelt260
02-17-2006, 01:54 PM

What's modern about having a hole in the middle?

Logical
02-17-2006, 01:55 PM
Bet. Gumble won't get in trouble of his comments

What you cannot see from the picture is how huge they are, they are like a saucer from a coffee cup set. Heck the hole in the middle is almost as big as the entire medals of years past were.