PDA

View Full Version : Warfield??

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Cherryontop
02-19-2006, 03:04 PM
Actually.... you've been cool for a long time. Your buddy is the dufus. Sometimes you don't have to claim your friends when they're retarded, just pretend you don't know them.

We will ignore this.Who is this Phobia dufus?

luv
02-19-2006, 03:04 PM
Okay buddy.Who are you to tell us about originality.I have already seen this post a number of times.Did you run out of thoughts already?

Keep kissing butt,you are doing a great job Donkey humper!
I am not your buddy. You think I'm a guy, don't you?

luv
02-19-2006, 03:05 PM
PRIME EXAMPLE of what I'm talking about. Why did you just call him a doofus? Because he called you one?

Cherryontop
02-19-2006, 03:06 PM
You think I always agree with these HUYS? No. I don't.
If you thought they were gay, you didn't say so until after they said that about you. Your friend, Cherry, has done it on several occasions in this thread.

It's like saying, "I know you are, but what am I?" Grow up. Is it your fault your friend can't type? Just so you know, they wouldn't have taken it any further if you guys hadn't gotten so defensive over it. That's the type of thing that eggs these guys on.

What are huys?
You are a freakin dumbass wannabe,go back to detention until YOU LEARN HOW TO SPELL.

CLASS DISMISSED.

Cherryontop
02-19-2006, 03:07 PM
You huys are awesome,lol

Phobia
02-19-2006, 03:08 PM
Arrowheadlouder has returned.

Skip Towne
Yeah, well, our government can lick your government. All we'd have to do is send you dorks an email telling you that we have taken you over.

Cherryontop
My last typing error was over 50 posts ago,yet you STILL rag me about it.

ORIGINAL!

luv
02-19-2006, 03:09 PM
What are huys?
You are a freakin dumbass wannabe,go back to detention until YOU LEARN HOW TO SPELL.

CLASS DISMISSED.
I'd tell you to **** yourself, but you don't have the proper equipment.

That is an example of a typo. Obviously you can recognize one when you see it. Why do you continually make them over and over and over again?

luv
02-19-2006, 03:09 PM
My last typing error was over 50 posts ago,yet you STILL rag me about it.

ORIGINAL!
You didn't space after your comma.

luv
02-19-2006, 03:10 PM
Arrowheadlouder has returned.
I don't doubt that.

Cherryontop
02-19-2006, 03:11 PM
Ripping Canada doesnt bother me,lol.I love visiting the U.S.
Other than our health care,and a few hotties,Canada doesn't really interest me.

Cherryontop
02-19-2006, 03:13 PM
You didn't space after your comma.

Here in Canada,leaving spaces after a comma is not needed.Nice try love to write.

luv
02-19-2006, 03:15 PM
Here in Canada,leaving spaces after a comma is not needed.Nice try love to write.
So, you're blaming it on Canadian education?

Cherryontop
02-19-2006, 03:15 PM
I'd tell you to **** yourself, but you don't have the proper equipment.

That is an example of a typo. Obviously you can recognize one when you see it. Why do you continually make them over and over and over again?

So you just ****ed up,lol.
Typo my ass,dont you read your posts before entering them.I thought that was a requirement.

Cherryontop
02-19-2006, 03:16 PM
So, you're blaming it on Canadian education?

Who said we are blaming anyone,lol.

luv
02-19-2006, 03:16 PM
So you just ****ed up,lol.
Typo my ass,dont you read your posts before entering them.I thought that was a requirement.
Are you really laughing out loud, or do you just like typing lol?

luv
02-19-2006, 03:17 PM
Who said we are blaming anyone,lol.
We? You have multiple personalities?

Skip Towne
02-19-2006, 03:18 PM
How about after a period?

Skip Towne
02-19-2006, 03:19 PM
Where is Iowanian? I'm sure he'd enjoy this.

luv
02-19-2006, 03:20 PM
Where is Iowanian? I'm sure he'd enjoy this.
Rausch would have a blast, too.

Rausch
02-19-2006, 03:24 PM

French Canadian?...

Rausch
02-19-2006, 03:26 PM

What are you the ****ing borg now?

Is the collective angry?...

Cherryontop
02-19-2006, 03:28 PM
Are you really laughing out loud, or do you just like typing lol?

I am really laughing out loud.Who else are you going to call in to help gang bang?

Same old shit,different posters.

Off topic,Warfield makes too much money.I would rather cut him and spend money on the front 7.Some people want him to move to Safety,but if that was his best position,wouldnt he be moved there already?

Try and answer this because we are trying to have a Chief related conversation that some of you happened to destroy.

Skip Towne
02-19-2006, 03:32 PM
I am really laughing out loud.Who else are you going to call in to help gang bang?

Off topic,Warfield makes too much money.I would rather cut him and spend money on the front 7.Some people want him to move to Safety,but if that was his best position,wouldnt he be moved there already?

Try and answer this because we are trying to have a Chief related conversation that some of you happened to destroy.
Hang aound, dingleberry, you haven't seen our best yet.

Rain Man
02-19-2006, 03:33 PM

Canada has no space program.

Rausch
02-19-2006, 03:36 PM
Off topic,Warfield makes too much money.

How much is too much?

I would rather cut him and spend money on the front 7.

Like who?

Who would you sign?

Some people want him to move to Safety,but if that was his best position,wouldnt he be moved there already?

Why did we pretend Bartee could play CB for years?...

Cherryontop
02-19-2006, 03:37 PM
Im not surprised.
Please read the topic and respond to that,otherwise go join another thread.

Are you kids capable of that?

Rain Man
02-19-2006, 03:43 PM
I'm sensing a lot of hostility here.

Cherryontop, stop what you're doing and say something nice about luv2rite. Perhaps you can compliment her on her breasts, or on her chicken quesadillas, or even on her writing, since I've heard that she loves to write.

And luv2rite, same thing. Say something nice about cherryontop. Since he's Canadian, perhaps you can compliment him on that big tower in Toronto, or on Baffin Island, or mention that you enjoy the taste of winter wheat.

We can get this turned around.

Cherryontop
02-19-2006, 03:43 PM
Like who?

Who would you sign?

I like my choices of Bernard, Abraham and Peterson over what we have right now.Hicks and our Dt's dont impress me.We have too much money invested at the corner spot.I would think a vet like Washington or someone similiar could hold down one corner spot, while being more cost effective.
I am just not crazy about Warfield and his contract.I think he is expandable.

Rain Man
02-19-2006, 03:46 PM
I like my choices of Bernard, Abraham and Peterson over what we have right now.Hicks and our Dt's dont impress me.We have too much money invested at the corner spot.I would think a vet like Washington or someone similiar could hold down one corner spot, while being more cost effective.
I am just not crazy about Warfield and his contract.I think he is expandable.

Then perhaps he could get bigger and move to defensive tackle himself.

Phobia
02-19-2006, 03:47 PM
I like my choices of Bernard, Abraham and Peterson over what we have right now.Hicks and our Dt's dont impress me.

No salary cap in Canada, eh?

luv
02-19-2006, 03:51 PM
I'm sensing a lot of hostility here.

Cherryontop, stop what you're doing and say something nice about luv2rite. Perhaps you can compliment her on her breasts, or on her chicken quesadillas, or even on her writing, since I've heard that she loves to write.

And luv2rite, same thing. Say something nice about cherryontop. Since he's Canadian, perhaps you can compliment him on that big tower in Toronto, or on Baffin Island, or mention that you enjoy the taste of winter wheat.

We can get this turned around.
I don't not like the guy. He has tried to correct himself. He's like me in the fact that he tries to keep his thread on track. I can live with that.

And it's funny you should mention the quesadillas. I'm making some right now, and not the snack bites.

Rain Man
02-19-2006, 03:56 PM
I don't not like the guy. He has tried to correct himself. He's like me in the fact that he tries to keep his thread on track. I can live with that.

And it's funny you should mention the quesadillas. I'm making some right now, and not the snack bites.

So...are you going to say something nice about Baffin Island or not?

And....mmmmmmm, quesadillas. We make them on the grill outside, and they're one of nature's perfect foods. In a couple of million years of evolution, it's a shame that nature hasn't come up with a quesadilla tree.

htismaqe
02-19-2006, 04:01 PM
Yes I do know the difference. I really don't care. I can't believe people here are so concerned about grammar and spelling, it's completely gay. Maybe this board should be an english board? With online classes at Chiefsplanet,lol

Since some of you like to take jabs at our spelling and grammar, why don't some of you become English teachers?

"Back to the 5th grade?" Whatever ROFL geek

I wasn't taking a jab at his grammar. In fact, I don't ever bust on people for typing and spelling mistakes - they happen.

Of course, there's always the instances when someone adopts "dumbass" for their overall posting style, as demonstrated here:

Guys..what are your impression of this guy?I think my friend Red Bull has his red/yellow glasses on too tight..but hes trying to tell me that this guy has really ascended and is atleast a number 2 corner..i dont see how anyone would want him above a nickel back...IF THAT!!

Then he goes on to say that the front 7 sucks..thats why Warfield looks bad..Fine...its not that good..but then how can u justify his contract if ur just making excuses for a guy .Might as well start any dirt cheap player..All i know is this guy gets burned by anyone he goes up against....i dont hate the guy personally..lol....Am i too harsh??

htismaqe
02-19-2006, 04:02 PM
No salary cap in Canada, eh?

They obviously have Madden for the Playstation2, just like we do.

milkman
02-19-2006, 05:04 PM

OK dumbass, I've said this several times on Warfield.

I agree with your belief that Warfield is overpaid.

But, because of the cap, (now pay attention here) THERE IS NO BENEFIT IN CUTTING HIM!!!!!

You didn't come here looking for opinions, you came here looking for people to back up your opinion so you can tell Red Bull, "See, I told you Warfield isn't any good".

Your and idiot.

Phobia
02-19-2006, 05:11 PM
You didn't come here looking for opinions, you came here looking for people to back up your opinion so you can tell Red Bull, "See, I told you Warfield isn't any good".
Then when he didn't get what he wanted, we're the idiots who are ganging up on him. Yeah. Whatever.

Dave Lane
02-19-2006, 05:46 PM
I never wrote rump rangers.I wrote another word,but i guess the board mods change what others write.What the hell is a rump ranger,lol?

Look in any nearby mirror.

Dave

Cherryontop
02-19-2006, 06:12 PM
Ofcourse i understand the Salary cap guys.No way we can get all those free agents,but by getting rid of Warfield,i'm sure it would free up some cap room.Then we could go out and get try to sign a quality front 7 guy,preferebly a front 4 guy.
Being over the cap as we are,we still would have to get rid of guys like Barber and Bell.

THE WHOLE POINT of my thread was to see what you all think of Warfield.In my eyes,hes below average,especially for his money.

Those who are still trying or just jumped in{Dave Lane} and dont offer anything to the conversation are annoying to say the least and are ruining the thread.

This all started with a minor error in my writing,but to some here,you make it sound like its in chinese lol.I never started the trash talking,i just replied to the nonsense with my own smack.

Skip Towne
02-19-2006, 06:18 PM
Ruined the thread? What are you talking about? It wouldn't have lasted two pages without our witty retorts.

Phobia
02-19-2006, 06:25 PM
This all started with a minor error in my writing,but to some here,you make it sound like its in chinese lol.I never started the trash talking,i just replied to the nonsense with my own smack.

What you have been doing is NOT smack, schmuck.

Warfield got a 7 year, 27 million dollar deal with a 5 million dollar SB. He's going into year 5 of that deal now. If we cut him now we eat $2.1 mill in accelerated bonus money but save $3,125,000 in salary. His cap hit is roughly $3.8 mill this year.

Go find a talented veteran corner for that money. Name one DB available who is not a Dwayne Washington/Cris Dishman type who would come for $3.1 mill.

Cherryontop
02-19-2006, 06:25 PM
Thank you for your contribution .It was pretty fun,ill admit it.It got carried away with stupid insults,but i guess thats what it takes to keep a thread going.

Whats the record for most replies in a thread?

Rain Man
02-19-2006, 06:26 PM
Thank you for your contribution .It was pretty fun,ill admit it.It got carried away with stupid insults,but i guess thats what it takes to keep a thread going.

Whats the record for most replies in a thread?

31,657. You've got a ways to go.

Cherryontop
02-19-2006, 06:31 PM
That's a crazy amount.

FAX
02-19-2006, 06:33 PM
That's a crazy amount.

Actually, Mr. Cherryontop, a crazy amount is 43,099. 31,657 is a shitload.

FAX

Cherryontop
02-19-2006, 06:36 PM
OK dumbass, I've said this several times on Warfield.

I agree with your belief that Warfield is overpaid.

But, because of the cap, (now pay attention here) THERE IS NO BENEFIT IN CUTTING HIM!!!!!

Your and idiot.

Thanks for your little comeback attempt,but aren't you the same guy who's trying to convince us that Tony G is the most over rated tight end EVER!

Nice try. :shake:

Cherryontop
02-19-2006, 06:37 PM
Actually, Mr. Cherryontop, a crazy amount is 43,099. 31,657 is a shitload.

FAX

Interesting! :rolleyes:

58-4ever
02-19-2006, 06:40 PM
This thread was "ruined" a looooong time ago.

Cherryontop
02-19-2006, 06:42 PM
This thread was "ruined" a looooong time ago.

We agree on something?
Wow!

leviw
02-19-2006, 06:44 PM
Guys..what are your impression of this guy?I think my friend Red Bull has his red/yellow glasses on too tight..but hes trying to tell me that this guy has really ascended and is atleast a number 2 corner..i dont see how anyone would want him above a nickel back...IF THAT!!

Then he goes on to say that the front 7 sucks..thats why Warfield looks bad..Fine...its not that good..but then how can u justify his contract if ur just making excuses for a guy .Might as well start any dirt cheap player..All i know is this guy gets burned by anyone he goes up against....i dont hate the guy personally..lol....Am i too harsh??

The thread was fine up until this post.

jspchief
02-19-2006, 06:47 PM
Go find a talented veteran corner for that money. Name one DB available who is not a Dwayne Washington/Cris Dishman type who would come for $3.1 mill.I think that's as key as anything. where will we find a better corner that would play for what equals "cheaper" after you count Warfield's cap hit?

Warfield still takes a beating from his poor play of a few years ago, but he has improved and is solid. I think he's very good at keeping tight coverage, but not great at making plays on the ball. Meaning if a QB has the stupidity or balls to throw to the guy that Warfield is covering well, he may still complete it. As for tackling, he's very inconsistent. He looks stellar in some games, then we have to watch that ridiculous bitch-slapping episode from last year.

The way I see it, Warfield is a role player. He's never going to be a Pro Bowler or big time play maker, but he's suitable in a supporting role. We can't have superstars at every position.

milkman
02-19-2006, 06:48 PM
Thanks for your little comeback attempt,but aren't you the same guy who's trying to convince us that Tony G is the most over rated tight end EVER!

Nice try. :shake:

I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything.

I stated an opinion, one that I knew would be unpopular. and one that I already stated that I was embellishing.

My opinion regarding Tony G, however, has nothing to do with the cap and Warfield.

But you simply don't care about any of it.

You think Warfield sucks, so he should be cut, the cap be damned.

You're a MoRon, seeking positive feedback of your opinions, and when you don't get it, you lash out.

58-4ever
02-19-2006, 06:49 PM
I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything.

I stated an opinion, one that I knew would be unpopular. and one that I already stated that I was embellishing.

My opinion regarding Tony G, however, has nothing to do with the cap and Warfield.

But you simply don't care about any of it.

You think Warfield sucks, so he should be cut, the cap be damned.

You're a MoRon, seeking positive feedback of your opinions, and when you don't get it, you lash out.

:p ROFL

Skip Towne
02-19-2006, 06:50 PM
I think that's as key as anything. where will we find a better corner that would play for what equals "cheaper" after you count Warfield's cap hit?

Warfield still takes a beating from his poor play of a few years ago, but he has improved and is solid. I think he's very good at keeping tight coverage, but not great at making plays on the ball. Meaning if a QB has the stupidity or balls to throw to the guy that Warfield is covering well, he may still complete it. As for tackling, he's very inconsistent. He looks stellar in some games, then we have to watch that ridiculous bitch-slapping episode from last year.

The way I see it, Warfield is a role player. He's never going to be a Pro Bowler or big time play maker, but he's suitable in a supporting role. We can't have superstars at every position.So youshow up and start saying things that make sense. Are you trying to ruin this thread?

Cherryontop
02-19-2006, 06:53 PM
What you have been doing is NOT smack, schmuck.

Warfield got a 7 year, 27 million dollar deal with a 5 million dollar SB. He's going into year 5 of that deal now. If we cut him now we eat $2.1 mill in accelerated bonus money but save $3,125,000 in salary. His cap hit is roughly $3.8 mill this year.

Go find a talented veteran corner for that money. Name one DB available who is not a Dwayne Washington/Cris Dishman type who would come for $3.1 mill.

Name calling? You never cease to amaze me.

But on to "my" topic,cutting Warfield would save money now and next year.Im sure you can start a rookie.Heck that's what Dewayne Washington did in his debut as a Viking.
Look at Denver,they used D.Williams and Foxworth.Pitt has McFadden and Ike Taylor.Washington got rid of Smoot,lost Springs to injury,and still had a great D.They used W.Harris and a rookie also.New England got rid of Law. They won with no names back there too.

There is too much money invested in one position and there is no benefit in keeping Warfield for his money alone,never mind his play. The examples i just gave you would come cheaper than 3.1 million.

Cherryontop
02-19-2006, 06:58 PM
Who said you need superstars at every postion?Did i miss something here,lol.

The Chiefs have ZEEEERRRRRRROOOOOOO superstars on D, it would be nice to try and get atleast one instead of settling for a below average corner. You say he might be okay in a supporting cast role? There is no supporting cast here,lol.

jspchief
02-19-2006, 06:58 PM
So youshow up and start saying things that make sense. Are you trying to ruin this thread?I didn't know what else to do. After reading the entire thread and cursing at all the missed opportunities for zings and slams, I'm too depressed to try and get in the fray now.

jspchief
02-19-2006, 06:59 PM
Who said you need superstars at every postion?Did i miss something here,lol.

The Chiefs have ZEEEERRRRRRROOOOOOO superstars on D, it would be nice to try and get atleast one instead of settling for a below average corner. You say he might be okay in a supporting cast role? There is no supporting cast here,lol.Thats weird, I thought we had an 8 million dollar CB lining up next to Warfield.

What team are you guys talking about?

Cherryontop
02-19-2006, 06:59 PM
Role player at best and he is making how much?
Does that make sense to you guys?

milkman
02-19-2006, 07:00 PM
I didn't know what else to do. After reading the entire thread and cursing at all the missed opportunities for zings and slams, I'm too depressed to try and get in the fray now.

Go ahead, jump in.

The pool of idiocy is deep here.

cdcox
The examples i just gave you would come cheaper than 3.1 million.

Phobia just showed you that the savings by cutting Warfield was closer to $1M than $3.1M. Did you

a) not read the post that you quoted

b) not understand it

c) forgot by the time you finished your post

d) ignorned it because this fact was inconvenient to your arguement

I'm really curious to hear the answer on this one.

jspchief
Role player at best and he is making how much?
Does that make sense to you guys?Do you know what the average salary of a #2 CB is in the NFL?

milkman
02-19-2006, 07:03 PM
Phobia just showed you that the savings by cutting Warfield was closer to $1M than $3.1M. Did you

a) not read the post that you quoted

b) not understand it

c) forgot by the time you finished your post

d) ignorned it because this fact was inconvenient to your arguement

I'm really curious to hear the answer on this one.

I'm betting the answer is d, though b and c could easily be the correct response.

Cherryontop
02-19-2006, 07:08 PM
YOU MORONS,it goes beyond just this year and building towards the future.I want to build a very good defense starting as soon as possible.Cutting him now not only saves the paltry one million for this year,but several more millions the rest of his contract.
By doing this now, you would have advanced the team a little now, and a lot later.

Wow!

Cherryontop
02-19-2006, 07:10 PM
I guess no one could agree with my examples,lol.
Too hard to comprehend i guess!

cdcox
02-19-2006, 07:13 PM
YOU MORONS,it goes beyond just this year and building towards the future.I want to build a very good defense starting as soon as possible.Cutting him now not only saves the paltry one million for this year,but several more millions the rest of his contract.
By doing this now, you would have advanced the team a little now, and a lot later.

Wow!

Nice evasion. a, b, c, or d. Come on, indulge us. We're dying to know.

Wile_E_Coyote
02-19-2006, 07:13 PM
maybe MS paint

Cherryontop
02-19-2006, 07:14 PM
Hey Phobia,i guess it does not matter to you because you said all the coach can ask for is to be in position.If that is the case,who do you blame when the corner makes no play on the ball.The Qb's have no fear.
What about Tiki's run?Warfield was one of the many guys who were in position to make a play. I guess being in position was enough to satisfy yourself.

jspchief
02-19-2006, 07:14 PM
But on to "my" topic,cutting Warfield would save money now and next year.Im sure you can start a rookie.Heck that's what Dewayne Washington did in his debut as a Viking.
Look at Denver,they used D.Williams and Foxworth.Pitt has McFadden and Ike Taylor.Washington got rid of Smoot,lost Springs to injury,and still had a great D.They used W.Harris and a rookie also.New England got rid of Law. They won with no names back there too.

There is too much money invested in one position and there is no benefit in keeping Warfield for his money alone,never mind his play. The examples i just gave you would come cheaper than 3.1 million.
Okay, in response to your excellent examples:
1. Denver's pass D was terrible. They were only one spot better than KC.
2. Pittsburgh has a stellar front 7 and a monster SS.
3. Washington also has a good front 7, and stud safety.
4. New England, see teams 2 and 3.

If anything, all you're doing is proving that Warfield isn't the problem.

Cherryontop
02-19-2006, 07:17 PM
Now you see what i am trying to build here.A front 7. Sometimes you have to sacrifice a little bit somewhere, and the way i see it, cutting Warfield wont hurt. Wasn't much of a difference between the first 4 games and the rest of the year was there?{Warfield missed the first 4}

cdcox
02-19-2006, 07:18 PM
Okay, in response to your excellent examples:
1. Denver's pass D was terrible. They were only one spot better than KC.
2. Pittsburgh has a stellar front 7 and a monster SS.
3. Washington also has a good front 7, and stud safety.
4. New England, see teams 2 and 3.

Not to mention that Ike Taylor was getting owned in the Super Bowl. Having such a crappy corner could have cost them the game with a few breaks going the other way.

Cherryontop
02-19-2006, 07:18 PM
I'm proving he stinks and it wont hurt to cut his ass.How can you guys not see that,lol.

jspchief
02-19-2006, 07:20 PM
Now you see what i am trying to build here.A front 7. Sometimes you have to sacrifice a little bit somewhere, and the way i see it, cutting Warfield wont hurt. Wasn't much of a difference between the first 4 games and the rest of the year was there?{Warfield missed the first 4}Actually, Warfield missed the first 5 games.

And when he returned, our pass D improved by about 50 yards per game.

Cherryontop
02-19-2006, 07:20 PM
You save money now and in the future.Plus its not like we are getting rid of Dale Carter in his prime.

Phobia
02-19-2006, 07:21 PM
Hey Phobia,i guess it does not matter to you because you said all the coach can ask for is to be in position.If that is the case,who do you blame when the corner makes no play on the ball.The Qb's have no fear.
What about Tiki's run?Warfield was one of the many guys who were in position to make a play. I guess being in position was enough to satisfy yourself.

Now you're going back 200 posts. Where I come from they call that "deflecting". In Canada, I guess that's a viable defense but it doesn't work here.

I've already explained that this board is probably a little too advanced for you. There are several other Chiefs sites that might suit you better. You should check out the message boards on Yahoo or ESPN.

Cherryontop
02-19-2006, 07:25 PM
Where i come from, we call you a loser, geek, dumbass, nerd.
Choose one ,lol.

I belong to another board with more class and dignity.This can be used as my entertainment!
You guys make me laugh!

Cherryontop
02-19-2006, 07:26 PM

Why are you running away from this,lol?

Cherryontop
02-19-2006, 07:29 PM
You and the rest of your people would rather TRY and bring someone down instead of a steady flow of Chief talk.

So far today,i learned that
Warfield should stay
Tony G should go and
Trent Green should go!

This board is ****ed up.

Bowser

Why are you running away from this,lol?

Not to jump in on this, but you do realize that literally the whole damned defense had a shot at Tiki on that run, and nobody made the play. To single Warfield out on that play simply isn't fair.

You may now get back to schooling Phobia. :)

luv
Choose one ,lol.

I belong to another board with more class and dignity.This can be used as my entertainment!
You guys make me laugh!
You're really 15, aren't you?

jspchief
In the 5 games when Eric Warfield was not playing CB for the Chiefs, they gave up an average of 293 passing yards per game.

In the 11 games when Warfield was the CB, they gave up an average of 201 passing yards per game.

In 2005, the Chiefs pass defense was 92 yards per game better with Warfield at CB.

Tell me again that he didn't make a difference.

Phobia
02-19-2006, 07:30 PM
We make you laugh?

THAT makes me laugh.

Dude, I don't know how you got past the age filters on this board but I'm pretty sure you don't meet the requirements. If you don't stop with this crap, I'm going to bring Slayer Diablo out of retirement and then there's really going to be hell to pay.

Bowser
In the 5 games when Eric Warfield was not playing CB for the Chiefs, they gave up an average of 293 passing yards per game.

In the 11 games when Wrfield was the CB, they gave up an average of 201 passing yards per game.

In 2005, the Chiefs pass defense was 92 yards per game better with Warfield at CB. Tell me again that he didn't make a difference.

Nice stat.

luv

In the 11 games when Warfield was the CB, they gave up an average of 201 passing yards per game.

In 2005, the Chiefs pass defense was 92 yards per game better with Warfield at CB.

Tell me again that he didn't make a difference.
He's not going to respond to that. You're proving him wrong.

Cherryontop
02-19-2006, 07:33 PM
Warfield was ONE of the many guys .

Read more carefully.ONE OF THE MANY.
See MANY.....all together now.

Do you want schooling too,lol.

You are such a busta!!

leviw
02-19-2006, 07:35 PM
You and the rest of your people would rather TRY and bring someone down instead of a steady flow of Chief talk.

So far today,i learned that
Warfield should stay
Tony G should go and
Trent Green should go!

This board is ****ed up.

You bring nothing to the table here. Your grammar sucks. Your opinion on Warfield isn't much better, yet you continue to back it with various other baseless opinions. Your "lol"s are overused. On top of all of it, you have become an easy target because you can't handle people disagreeing with your opinion and making jokes at your expense.

PS - Thanks for the neg rep. Much appreciated. I responded.

Cherryontop
02-19-2006, 07:37 PM
I love it.Easy target??

Bowser
02-19-2006, 07:38 PM
Warfield was ONE of the many guys .

Read more carefully.ONE OF THE MANY.
See MANY.....all together now.

Do you want schooling too,lol.

You are such a busta!!

Somebody translate this, please.

Dinny Blues
Can't be Packfan, not bitchin' about Carl.

Raggin' Phobs, hmmmmmm.

This ain't real.

Sumpm smells fishy.......

Dinny

KcMizzou
You are such a busta!!ROFL Werd, dawg.

luv
02-19-2006, 07:41 PM
ROFL Werd, dawg.
I was going to rep you, but I have to spread it around first. Just what I was thinking when I read that. I owe you.

Cherryontop
02-19-2006, 07:41 PM
I got one better,in all of 2004, the Chief pass defense was 32nd lol.I am sure Warfield had nothing to do with THAT too,lol.

Wile_E_Coyote
02-19-2006, 07:42 PM
He's not going to respond to that. You're proving him wrong.

Edubb must have tapped his mom

Cherryontop
02-19-2006, 07:43 PM
Bustas, punks, whatever you desire.i FORGOT HOW ANAL YOU WERE with regards to my vocabulary, lol.

Bowser
02-19-2006, 07:43 PM
I got one better,in all of 2004, the Chief pass defense was 32nd lol.I am sure Warfield had nothing to do with THAT too,lol.

I heard we were pretty good in 1969.

Cherryontop
02-19-2006, 07:45 PM

Hahaha,did you guys miss this too, or just chose to ignore this fact.
I got you guys and girls by the horns.

leviw
02-19-2006, 07:47 PM

You finally figured out how to work the quotes, and then you promptly quote yourself. That's tremendous.

luv
02-19-2006, 07:48 PM
Have you ever thought that this isn't the only thread people are paying attention to, and that it might take them more than 1 or 2 minutes to respond?

Cherryontop
02-19-2006, 07:49 PM
I patted myself on the back too.Thanks for noticing.I am getting better at nerd smack.

luv
02-19-2006, 07:50 PM
You finally figured out how to work the quotes, and then you promptly quote yourself. That's tremendous.
This thread has attention whore written all over it.

He doesn't consider the other person's point of view. He just stands on the mountain screaming the same thing over and over until someone pays attention.

milkman
02-19-2006, 07:50 PM

That doesn't do anything to support your arguments.

The facts presented by jsp proves that Warfield is not the reason for the Chiefs poor pass defense.
His stats prove that the solution to the poor pass defense that has been a problem in KC lies elsewhere.

luv
02-19-2006, 07:51 PM
I patted myself on the back too.Thanks for noticing.I am getting better at nerd smack.
You have a long way to go with the creativity part. You don't come right out and say it, you insinuate it enough to get the point across.

Phobia
02-19-2006, 07:52 PM
Dude, Im convinced.Im very sorry.Sometimes I can be so stubborn.lol Warfield does suck so bad.He needs cut imeditly.He cant tackle good neether.We shood cut him and start somebody else cuz the Redskins and Patriots started nobodys and rookies at CB and did good.Im real sorry about all the hassel.Please except my apolajy.lol

cdcox
02-19-2006, 07:56 PM
Dude, Im convinced.Im very sorry.Sometimes I can be so stubborn.lol Warfield does suck so bad.He needs cut imeditly.He cant tackle good neether.We shood cut him and start somebody else cuz the Redskins and Patriots started nobodys and rookies at CB and did good.Im real sorry about all the hassel.Please except my apolajy.lol

OMG, Cherryontop broke into Phobia's account! Cherryontop is an 3l33t h@x0r.

jspchief
02-19-2006, 07:58 PM
That doesn't do anything to support your arguments.

The facts presented by jsp proves that Warfield is not the reason for the Chiefs poor pass defense.
His stats prove that the solution to the poor pass defense that has been a problem in KC lies elsewhere.That stats I posted made one thing abundantly clear, Warfield is a lot better than McCleon.

But Cherrynotpopped is trying to get us to downgrade at CB. He wants us to get someone cheaper. Someone like who? Dexter McCleon? He's cheap.

The notion that we are going to go out and get someone notably better, for a smaller cap number than Warfield is just silly.

Skip Towne
02-19-2006, 08:00 PM
Dammit, my finger slipped and hit the neg rep button lol.

Wile_E_Coyote
02-19-2006, 08:01 PM
dumping Warfield for Washington is steller. Trading Gonzo is just crazy talk. Washington for 16 games will make us wish we still had McCleon IMO

Halfcan
02-19-2006, 08:01 PM
I don't need stats to show how bad Warfield sucks.

Skip Towne
02-19-2006, 08:03 PM
Let go of my horns lol.

KcMizzou
02-19-2006, 08:03 PM
CherrynotpoppedROFLROFL

RedThat
02-19-2006, 08:23 PM
You think I always agree with these huys? No. I don't.
If you thought they were gay, you didn't say so until after they said that about you. Your friend, Cherry, has done it on several occasions in this thread.

It's like saying, "I know you are, but what am I?" Grow up. Is it your fault your friend can't type? Just so you know, they wouldn't have taken it any further if you guys hadn't gotten so defensive over it. That's the type of thing that eggs these guys on.

First off, I recognize what you're saying. But don't point the finger. Your pointing the finger. This works both ways. So its not just me that needs to grow up.

Defensive? Bullsh*t...Your feeding me crap.

I'm sticking up for myself. I feel honored everytime I do it because it makes me a better person. Unlike some, on here, that like to gang up on people and kick them. This board is fufilled with sharks. I chose to be different.

Phobia
02-19-2006, 08:29 PM
RedBull, I think you're the man.

You make a concerted effort to communicate properly. You're generally respectful until disrespected. You've co-existed with 8,000 people on this board for 8 months with zero trouble.

You have 2 problems:
1. You bring your idiot friends to the board.
2. You feel obligated to defend your moronic friend simply because you invited him.

That's honorable but entirely unneccesary. He's the moron. He should own his words. He chose to play in the mud and when he got dirty it's not your responsibility to tongue-bathe him.

RedThat
02-19-2006, 08:29 PM
That stats I posted made one thing abundantly clear, Warfield is a lot better than McCleon.

But Cherrynotpopped is trying to get us to downgrade at CB. He wants us to get someone cheaper. Someone like who? Dexter McCleon? He's cheap.

The notion that we are going to go out and get someone notably better, for a smaller cap number than Warfield is just silly.

DeWayne Washington is cheap, and just as effective as Warfield. While Im not a total Warfield basher, I will say he is nothing but average. That's all he is. Is he worth the money? Damn no.

Point is, we should sign Washington. He is cheaper, a veteran back there, who won't cost much.

I'll reiterate again, point is, Washington and Warfield are the same caliber CBs. If you go to car dealership, and see 2 cars both of the same quality and caliber, and 1 of those cars costs a fortune, while the other car is much cheaper. Which one are you going to choose?

Common sense would tell us to get the cheaper car that is of the same quality and caliber. Thats where I want to get at with both Washington and Warfield.

Wile_E_Coyote
02-19-2006, 08:32 PM
Wahington 33 years old. One start for an injured Surtain against the Mighty Kerry Collins. 5 tackles, 1 pass defensed

Phobia
02-19-2006, 08:33 PM
Warfield and Washington are nowhere near the same caliber. If they were, Washington wouldn't have signed with the Chiefs for vet minimum last year. Come on.

leviw
02-19-2006, 08:33 PM
DeWayne Washington is cheap, and just as effective as Warfield. While Im not a total Warfield basher, I will say he is nothing but average. That's all he is. Is he worth the money? Damn no.

Point is, we should sign Washington. He is cheaper, a veteran back there, who won't cost much.

I'll reiterate again, point is, Washington and Warfield are the same caliber CBs. If you go to car dealership, and see 2 cars both of the same quality and caliber, and 1 of those cars costs a fortune, while the other car is much cheaper. Which one are you going to choose?

Common sense would tell us to get the cheaper car that is of the same quality and caliber. Thats where I want to get at with both Washington and Warfield.

I'll pick the newer car, or the younger corner, in this case.

luv
02-19-2006, 08:40 PM
First off, I recognize what you're saying. But don't point the finger. Your pointing the finger. This works both ways. So its not just me that needs to grow up.

Defensive? Bullsh*t...Your feeding me crap.

I'm sticking up for myself. I feel honored everytime I do it because it makes me a better person. Unlike some, on here, that like to gang up on people and kick them. This board is fufilled with sharks. I chose to be different.
I apologize for pointing the finger. I was referring to your friend when saying that. My bad for grouping you with him.

Fruit Ninja
02-19-2006, 08:43 PM
Warfield and Washington are nowhere near the same caliber. If they were, Washington wouldn't have signed with the Chiefs for vet minimum last year. Come on.bingo

RedThat
02-19-2006, 08:47 PM

You make a concerted effort to communicate properly. You're generally respectful until disrespected. You've co-existed with 8,000 people on this board for 8 months with zero trouble.

You have 2 problems:
2. You feel obligated to defend your moronic friend simply because you invited him.

That's honorable but entirely unneccesary. He's the moron. He should own his words. He chose to play in the mud and when he got dirty it's not your responsibility to tongue-bathe him.

Thank you Phobia. I acknowledge and respect your opinion of me.

And Im gonna let you know it's appreciated.

But Phobia, Im gonna comment on something here. And please please understand, I DID NOT invite my friend Cherryontop here. He knew about Chiefsplanet all along. And decided to post here 1 day. Thats the TRUTH. He knows Im a diehard Chiefs fan, and we constantly share discussions about the team on a day-to-day basis. I like Chiefs talk, of course, thats why Im here. He knows that. Thats how he knew about Chiefsplanet.

Your opinion about my friend is fine. Im not gonna go out on a limb and hold ANYBODY on this board in denial about my friend, of course we all have opinions about each other. I understand that. Now, you guys take care of the rest. Peace.

RedThat
02-19-2006, 08:49 PM
I apologize for pointing the finger. I was referring to your friend when saying that. My bad for grouping you with him.

No problem. Thank you for being sincere. I appreciate that.

Can I ask you a question?

Are you a women?

luv
02-19-2006, 08:51 PM
No problem. Thank you for being sincere. I appreciate that.

Can I ask you a question?

Are you a women?
Yes.

Now you can tell me I have no right being on a football BB. :p

Phobia
02-19-2006, 08:52 PM
Im not gonna go out on a limb and hold ANYBODY on this board in denial about my friend,
I don't know what this means. Please clarify.

RedThat
02-19-2006, 08:52 PM
Warfield and Washington are nowhere near the same caliber. If they were, Washington wouldn't have signed with the Chiefs for vet minimum last year. Come on.

I was very impressed with Washingtons play last year. I thought he did a fine job when he filled in. He has always been a #2 CB in this league. My opinion of him, is inconsistency. But, so is Warfield. The same can be said about Warfield.

*I consider Washington a bargain.

RedThat
02-19-2006, 08:54 PM
Yes.

Now you can tell me I have no right being on a football BB. :p

No no it's cool, it's all good ;)

jspchief
02-19-2006, 08:56 PM
I was very impressed with Washingtons play last year. I thought he did a fine job when he filled in. He has always been a #2 CB in this league. My opinion of him, is inconsistency. But, so is Warfield. The same can be said about Warfield.

*I consider Washington a bargain.Washington was getting torched in that Oakland game he played in. Just abused. The problem was, Kerry Collins was so innacurate, the wide open receivers still weren't catching balls.

He made one freakin play all year and there's now a contingency of Chiefs fans that thinks a has-been CB that can be picked up off the streets for a song is good.

RedThat
02-19-2006, 09:03 PM
I don't know what this means. Please clarify.

No problem. I don't want you to be confused.

So I do care to make myself a little more clear and simplistic just so you understand.

All Im trying to get at is, Im not gonna go out and tell people that their wrong about my friend, and chastize them for it.

Thats why I said, I respect other peoples opinions. Its fine.

Whatever you and my friend discuss, you 2 deal with it.

*But, it does kinda hurt me to see guys ganging up on him. Because he is like a brother to me.

RedThat
02-19-2006, 09:05 PM
Washington was getting torched in that Oakland game he played in. Just abused. The problem was, Kerry Collins was so innacurate, the wide open receivers still weren't catching balls.

He made one freakin play all year and there's now a contingency of Chiefs fans that thinks a has-been CB that can be picked up off the streets for a song is good.

Really? I didn't think so. I thought he did enough to contain Randy Moss.
He was physical in that game, and broke up some real key passes. This is jmo jspchief.

58-4ever
02-19-2006, 09:08 PM
Really? I didn't think so. I thought he did enough to contain Randy Moss.
He was physical in that game, and broke up some real key passes. This is jmo jspchief.

everyone contained Randy Moss this year. I should know, he was my first round pick in fantasy football. (although it is a keeper league with 16 teams)

Phobia
02-19-2006, 09:14 PM

*I consider Washington a bargain.
Yeah - everybody thought so much of Washington that 31 other teams didn't want him at vet minimum and he barely made the Chiefs roster.

RedThat
02-19-2006, 09:23 PM
I'll pick the newer car, or the younger corner, in this case.

I don't mean to be an a**

But that wasn't the answer I was looking for.

I was trying to get at same quality, but, you have substantial difference in price.

Which one would you choose? the more expensive car or the cheaper car?

Wile_E_Coyote
02-19-2006, 09:24 PM
maybe someone will start a Tommy Maddox for QBoTF thread now

RedThat
02-19-2006, 09:25 PM
Yeah - everybody thought so much of Washington that 31 other teams didn't want him at vet minimum and he barely made the Chiefs roster.

THAT imo makes the Washington signing a good one. What matters Phobia is performances on the football field. He sure did give us his $$$ worth.

leviw
02-19-2006, 09:40 PM
I don't mean to be an a**

But that wasn't the answer I was looking for.

I was trying to get at same quality, but, you have substantial difference in price.

Which one would you choose? the more expensive car or the cheaper car?

If, IN YOUR OPINION, you are getting the same caliber of car (corner), wouldn't you want the one that will run (play at that level) for, say, four years as opposed to MAYBE just one?

leviw
02-19-2006, 09:43 PM
THAT imo makes the Washington signing a good one. What matters Phobia is performances on the football field. He sure did give us his $$$ worth.

Washington: 16 games, 13 tackles, 0 INT, 2 passes defended
Warfield: 11 games, 57 tackles, 1 INT, 8 passes defended

RedThat
02-19-2006, 09:56 PM
If, IN YOUR OPINION, you are getting the same caliber of car (corner), wouldn't you want the one that will run (play at that level) for, say, four years as opposed to MAYBE just one?

If it is a car, same caliber, obviously I want the one that will run longer.
But now the question is which one is more expensive? the car that will run longer, or the car that won't run as long?

Of course, I want the one that will last longer(corner), but, Im one of those guys that doesn't settle. So that means if I can get something better than average, I'll do it. Meaning that, I won't keep Warfield for 4 years if thats where your trying to get at?

I know this kinda sounds confusing. Maybe the car was a bad example...LOL

*Here's what I would do. Im no genious here, but I will express what I think is right. If you sign DeWayne Washington for 1 year, that's fine. If Warfield is cut, because of cap reasons, then draft a CB. Let him develop. Money is a BIG issue. I don't think Warfield is worth what we're paying him, nor do I think he is the guy that I would hold accountable for our porous pass defense.

Anyway, why not spend that money elsewhere? Sign a quality DE, or even a DT. The line is a HUGE problem. If we sign Washington, and fix the line, let Warfield go because of his salary, thats ok, imo. Basically, instead of giving Warfield whatever 3 million, I dont know what the figure is, use that money on a Defensive lineman. It would be money better spent, and benefit the team.

Iowanian
02-19-2006, 10:05 PM
I can't believe someone hasn't taken Terrance and Phillip and pulled their hockey jerseys over their enlarged heads and beaten them abooooot the ass with their ice fishin' poles.

I'm pretty sure, with the conversion rate, I have 38,000 posts in Canadian.

RedThat
02-19-2006, 10:06 PM
Washington: 16 games, 13 tackles, 0 INT, 2 passes defended
Warfield: 11 games, 57 tackles, 1 INT, 8 passes defended

:rolleyes:

dude dude come on. If your going to use stats to convince me Warfield is a better CB than Washington, you're not convincing me. Nor is it fair. You have to remember, Washington only started 2 games, and Warfield started 11. Plus, Warfield plays more, obviously because he is the starting CB. Therefore, he is going to get the better stats. Place Washington in Warfields position, and you would possibly see the same in regards to stats.

I don't like stats, I think they are nothing but a shoot. I pay close attention to film and I analyze, I pay close attention to what the boys do whats right and wrong. That's my style man, and I think that is a lot better than stats.

RedThat
02-19-2006, 10:08 PM
I can't believe someone hasn't taken Terrance and Phillip and pulled their hockey jerseys over their enlarged heads and beaten them abooooot the ass with their ice fishin' poles.

I'm pretty sure, with the conversion rate, I have 38,000 posts in Canadian.

ROFL :deevee: :deevee:

That was TOO fugg'n funny I cried.

leviw
02-19-2006, 10:10 PM
:rolleyes:

dude dude come on. If your going to use stats to convince me Warfield is a better CB than Washington, you're not convincing me. Nor is it fair. You have to remember, Washington only started 2 games, and Warfield started 11. Plus, Warfield plays more, obviously because he is the starting CB. Therefore, he is going to get the better stats. Place Washington in Warfields position, and you would possibly see the same in regards to stats.

I don't like stats, I think they are nothing but a shoot. I pay close attention to film and I analyze, I pay close attention to what the boys do whats right and wrong. That's my style man, and I think that is a lot better than stats.

Exactly. Thank you. So how can you do your film studies and disect the play of Warfield's 11 starts as compared to Washington's two starts. Warfield saw how many more plays than Washington? So he had how many more opportunites to have a breakdown? He played on an island how many more times than Washington? He had how many more opportunities to get beat one-on-one?

Your way is fine, but it's truly subjective, if that's what you're going by.

Skip Towne
02-19-2006, 10:18 PM

You have 2 problems:

I said this in post #151 and RB got all pissy. Now when n00bs come in here with their know-it-all attitudes they are gonna catch shit from me and others like Sidewinder and Vlad who have been Chiefs fans for 40+ years. Not to mention our 5 years on this board. They don't know the tenor of the board nor the members and their personalities. Yeah, myself and about 50 other regulars love to hammer these types. It is great sport to us. And if they leave it suits us just fine. While Phobia was still running this place, I PM'd him and asked if I should tone it down since what I do is the opposite of what he was trying to do. He told me to "carry on" so I do. This thread was a lot of fun for me and the rest of the board. If it costs us a few n00bs so be it.

RedThat
02-19-2006, 10:23 PM
Exactly. Thank you. So how can you do your film studies and disect the play of Warfield's 11 starts as compared to Washington's two starts. Warfield saw how many more plays than Washington? So he had how many more opportunites to have a breakdown? He played on an island how many more times than Washington? He had how many more opportunities to get beat one-on-one?

Your way is fine, but it's truly subjective, if that's what you're going by.

Well, to answer your question leviw. And the question Im referring to is, this specific one you just asked, "how can you do your film studies and disect the play of Warfield's 11 starts as compared to Washington's 2 starts?"

Simple. I watched plenty of film. I've seen Dewayne Washingtons game before. Not only in Kansas City, I've seen him play in Minnesota, Pittsburgh, and Jacksonville. I've also seen Warfield play the last 5, 6 years in Kansas City.

If I we're to use contrast, and compare the 2, Id say Washington is the better corner. Im referring to productivity, and quality. And my comparisons are based throughout their whole careers, not only last year.

leviw
02-19-2006, 10:30 PM
Well, to answer your question leviw. And the question Im referring to is, this specific one you just asked, "how can you do your film studies and disect the play of Warfield's 11 starts as compared to Washington's 2 starts?"

Simple. I watched plenty of film. I've seen Dewayne Washingtons game before. Not only in Kansas City, I've seen him play in Minnesota, Pittsburgh, and Jacksonville. I've also seen Warfield play the last 5, 6 years in Kansas City.

If I we're to use contrast, and compare the 2, Id say Washington is the better corner. Im referring to productivity, and quality. And my comparisons are based throughout their whole careers, not only last year.

And that, in my opinion, is the problem. We need a cornerback to play NEXT YEAR. Based on age and recent performance (2 seasons) between the two, you're just flat out ignorant to take Washington over Warfield.

Hell dude, Brett Favre has been great his "whole career," but right now based on age and recent performance, I'd take Ben Rothlesberger if I had to choose between the two. Would you not? Do you follow what I'm saying?

RedThat
02-19-2006, 10:35 PM
I said this in post #151 and RB got all pissy. Now when n00bs come in here with their know-it-all attitudes they are gonna catch shit from me and others like Sidewinder and Vlad who have been Chiefs fans for 40+ years. Not to mention our 5 years on this board. They don't know the tenor of the board nor the members and their personalities. Yeah, myself and about 50 other regulars love to hammer these types. It is great sport to us. And if they leave it suits us just fine. While Phobia was still running this place, I PM'd him and asked if I should tone it down since what I do is the opposite of what he was trying to do. He told me to "carry on" so I do. This thread was a lot of fun for me and the rest of the board. If it costs us a few n00bs so be it.

Well since you've expressed yourself, and left it in the open for not only me, but everyone to see, I can see some things. You do have longevity on this board, and possibly a lot of friends around here.

You're right. I don't know the personalities of any members on this board.
You didn't really hammer me, Im still here standing, and I won't leave. If you thought you hammered me... ROFL ROFL I really don't know what to think? I have no comment dude.

The reason why I was acting all pissy is, because of the name calling. I didn't think that was necessary, and your 3 neg reps. I'm just gonna say Skip towne, if people like yourself are going to do those kinda things, I will defend myself. I don't back down. If I don't respond, it's because I don't think it's worth my time. Hey Im being honest with you here.

Phobia
02-19-2006, 10:35 PM
Considering the dude is on the downside of his career, don't you think you should analyze his most recent performances rather than performances made in the prime of his career.

Iowanian
02-19-2006, 10:36 PM
There hasn't been any real name calling in this thread yet, you moose humping, Computer man-Mountees.

Skip Towne
02-19-2006, 10:37 PM
And that, in my opinion, is the problem. We need a cornerback to play NEXT YEAR. Based on age and recent performance (2 seasons) between the two, you're just flat out ignorant to take Washington over Warfield.

Hell dude, Brett Favre has been great his "whole career," but right now based on age and recent performance, I'd take Ben Rothlesberger if I had to choose between the two. Would you not? Do you follow what I'm saying?
You didn't ask me but I'd take Big Ben over any QB in the league. And a lot of it is his age and his size. He's a match for a LB. Plus he has a great arm.

58-4ever
02-19-2006, 10:38 PM
Considering the dude is on the downside of his career, don't you think you should analyze his most recent performances rather than performances made in the prime of his career.

are you talking about Skip or D. Washington?
ROFL

leviw
02-19-2006, 10:40 PM
You didn't ask me but I'd take Big Ben over any QB in the league. And a lot of it is his age and his size. He's a match for a LB. Plus he has a great arm.

I agree. He's going to be a stud in the league, if he's not considered one already. I despise his arrogance and dick-head persona that hasn't really been talked about publicly that much, but he's a great talent. No doubt about that.

RedThat
02-19-2006, 10:41 PM

:rolleyes: Oh my God.

Dude, please follow what Im saying before you start the name calling ok?

Please understand where I'm getting at! I said, I would sign Washington for 1 year, and rather spend our money on a Defensive lineman. If it means, letting Warfield go because of his salary, so be it, let him go. Id rather see a good quality DE or DT in here instead(money better spent), and draft a DB.

58-4ever
02-19-2006, 10:41 PM
I agree. He's going to be a stud in the league, if he's not considered one already. I despise his arrogance and dick-head persona that hasn't really been talked about publicly that much, but he's a great talent. No doubt about that.

I think he's more of an idiot. Have you seen that fathead commercial? what a tool.

leviw
02-19-2006, 10:46 PM
:rolleyes: Oh my God.

Dude, please follow what Im saying before you start the name calling ok?

Please understand where I'm getting at! I said, I would sign Washington for 1 year, and rather spend our money on a Defensive lineman. If it means, letting Warfield go because of his salary, so be it, let him go. Id rather see a good quality DE or DT in here instead(money better spent), and draft a DB.

I didn't call you a name.

Beyond that, you're banking on the assumption that Carl can get a "good qualtiy" DE or DT on the free agent market, simply by gettind rid of Warfield's contract. And, IF he did (huge if), then how much better would we be with a void at corner? Because Washington sure as hell hasn't shown anything in the past few seasons to show he's capable of handling a starting corner spot. Has he?

I follow what you're saying. I just don't agree.

Skip Towne
02-19-2006, 10:48 PM
are you talking about Skip or D. Washington?
ROFL
OK, just for that, I'm gonna....rochambeau

KcMizzou
02-19-2006, 10:49 PM
I can't believe this thread has topped 400 posts.

RedThat
02-19-2006, 10:51 PM

Oh absolutely. Im trying to say Washington is good for a short term solution. It's a better fit for us, given the circumstances of Warfields contract, and our cap situation. Wasihngton is the better fit. that is also why I say draft a CB this year in the 2nd or 3rd rd. It's hard to judge Washington though if your going to base it on last year. that's why I say whole career. He hardly played. When he did play though, I thought he played better than Warfield. I don't see a big difference in Warfield and Washington. If there is, possibly a small, minute difference, and thats not saying much.

Its the cost that is mainly the issue here. I don't think Warfield is worthy it. I really don't. not what we're paying him.

leviw
02-19-2006, 10:51 PM

Ditto. Though I will say it flows a lot better when Cherry isn't chiming in.

58-4ever
02-19-2006, 10:52 PM
Ditto. Though I will say it flows a lot better when Cherry isn't chiming in.

youmeanwhenwordsareactuallyspacedoutifflowsbetter

leviw
02-19-2006, 10:53 PM
youmeanwhenwordsareactuallyspacedoutifflowsbetter
yeah,thats exactly what i mean,lol

Skip Towne
02-19-2006, 10:53 PM
Arrogant and dick headed? Ok, I'll talk to his grandma about that. You were aware I know his grandma weren't you?

leviw
02-19-2006, 10:56 PM
Arrogant and dick headed? Ok, I'll talk to his grandma about that. You were aware I know his grandma weren't you?

No. Not at all. Sorry if I offended her....or you. But my opinion on the matter stays the same.

RedThat
02-19-2006, 11:00 PM
I didn't call you a name.

Beyond that, you're banking on the assumption that Carl can get a "good qualtiy" DE or DT on the free agent market, simply by gettind rid of Warfield's contract. And, IF he did (huge if), then how much better would we be with a void at corner? Because Washington sure as hell hasn't shown anything in the past few seasons to show he's capable of handling a starting corner spot. Has he?

I follow what you're saying. I just don't agree.

First off, you did say I was flat out ignorant because I was willing to take Washington over Warfield. Anyway, thats water under the bridge. Nothing personal.

He was a starter throughout most of his career. Kansas City and Jacksonville are the only exceptions. He played and started 6 years in Pittsburgh.

*We would be 10x better if we picked up a stud Defensive lineman. From the games I watched last year, the defensive line had "zero" pressure most of the time. That's the problem right there. We can live with either Washington or Warfield as long as our D-line improves. But can we afford to keep Warfield and sign a stud D-lineman?

RedThat
02-19-2006, 11:02 PM

Some guys are actually enjoying this.

Skip Towne
02-19-2006, 11:03 PM
There hasn't been any real name calling in this thread yet, you moose humping, Computer man-Mountees.
Yeah, NOW you show up. Where were you when the bullets were flying you lily livered, pole smoking degenerate?

luv
02-19-2006, 11:05 PM
Showing my ignorance of the defense here, but I thought D Johnson and J Allen were good. I thought Kawika Mitchell came a long way this year as well. Why are we still dogging on the whole defense based on one player at one position?

leviw
02-19-2006, 11:06 PM
First off, you did say I was flat out ignorant because I was willing to take Washington over Warfield. Anyway, thats water under the bridge. Nothing personal.

He was a starter throughout most of his career. Kansas City and Jacksonville are the only exceptions. He played and started 6 years in Pittsburgh.

*We would be 10x better if we picked up a stud Defensive lineman. From the games I watched last year, the defensive line had "zero" pressure most of the time. That's the problem right there. We can live with either Washington or Warfield as long as our D-line improves. But can we afford to keep Warfield and sign a stud D-lineman?

"Ignorant" is not a name, it's an adjective, and I wasn't specifically pointing it at you, it was a generalization to your belief.

However, you failed to grasp the concept of my post again. So who knows.

Why do you have 100 percent faith that if the Chiefs releaseed Warfiled, there would automatically be a defensive lineman waiting in the wings to come into KC, accept the pay and produce at a high level. Duane Clemons? Carlos Hall? I'm sure you know the list as well as I do...

Skip Towne
02-19-2006, 11:11 PM
Showing my ignorance of the defense here, but I thought D Johnson and J Allen were good. I thought Kawika Mitchell came a long way this year as well. Why are we still dogging on the whole defense based on one player at one position?
Shut up and fetch me a beer, woman.

Skip Towne
02-19-2006, 11:13 PM
Some guys are actually enjoying this.
And this surprises you? You are the definition of n00b.

luv
02-19-2006, 11:13 PM
Shut up and fetch me a beer, woman.
I believe you have the means of getting one yourself. Let me know if you need help opening it. Those pull tabs can be rather tricky. If I break a nail opening it, though, then I may just have to charge for the service.

Phobia
02-19-2006, 11:14 PM

D Johnson played like a rookie. At times he made very good plays. At other times he was out of position and shirking his responsibilities. That's a good description for Allen as well despite the fact he's not a rookie. Allen is a very good pass rusher. He's "eh" in run support.

We're specifically dogging the defensive line, though. When a defensive line creates pressure on the QB the defensive backfield has an easier time doing their jobs.

RedThat
02-19-2006, 11:16 PM
"Ignorant" is not a name, it's an adjective, and I wasn't specifically pointing it at you, it was a generalization to your belief.

However, you failed to grasp the concept of my post again. So who knows.

Why do you have 100 percent faith that if the Chiefs releaseed Warfiled, there would automatically be a defensive lineman waiting in the wings to come into KC, accept the pay and produce at a high level. Duane Clemons? Carlos Hall? I'm sure you know the list as well as I do...

Alright fine. Then you're being judgemental. Whatever, Im tired of arguing. Have you seen the Defensive lineman out there?

FYI, I know the lists:

John Abraham
Darren Howard
Aaron Kampman
Kimo Von Oelhoffen
Orpheas Roye
Anthony Weaver
Rocky Bernard
Larry Tripplett
etc etc etc

*Regardless, there are some really GOOD D-lineman out there in the wings. We could get 1 of those guys.

luv
02-19-2006, 11:16 PM
D Johnson played like a rookie. At times he made very good plays. At other times he was out of position and shirking his responsibilities. That's a good description for Allen as well despite the fact he's not a rookie. Allen is a very good pass rusher. He's "eh" in run support.

We're specifically dogging the defensive line, though. When a defensive line creates pressure on the QB the defensive backfield has an easier time doing their jobs.
So, who exactly are our defensive linemen? I know the basics of what the positions do, I'm just not sure who plays which position.

RedThat
02-19-2006, 11:17 PM
So, who exactly are our defensive linemen? I know the basics of what the positions do, I'm just not sure who plays which position.

Eric Hicks-LDE
Ryan Sims-DT
John Browning-DT/DE
Jared Allen-RDE
Eddie Freeman-DT
Carlos Hall-RDE
Lional Dalton-DT
Jimmy Wilkerson-DE/DT
Junior Siavii-DT

leviw
02-19-2006, 11:20 PM
Alright fine. Then you're being judgemental. Whatever, Im tired of arguing. Have you seen the Defensive lineman out there?

FYI, I know the lists:

John Abraham
Darren Howard
Aaron Kampman
Kimo Von Oelhoffen
Orpheas Roye
Anthony Weaver
Rocky Bernard
Larry Tripplett
etc etc etc

*Regardless, there are some really GOOD D-lineman out there in the wings. We could get 1 of those guys.

Once again, what makes you think we can get any of the above (assuming all are out there when the time comes) to KC? Do you think releasing Warfield would free up enough to draw an Abraham or a Howard in? If so, are you sure they'd make an immediate impact?

Since you're tired of arguing, I'll be happy to answer for you:

-I don't know. I'm just hoping.
-I'm not sure on that. But probably not.
-Who knows. I thought Kendrell Bell would make an immediate impact.

58-4ever
02-19-2006, 11:21 PM
Eric Hicks-LDE
Ryan Sims-DT
John Browning-DT/DE
Jared Allen-RDE
Eddie Freeman-DT
Carlos Hall-RDE
Lional Dalton-DT
Jimmy Wilkerson-DE/DT
Junior Siavii-DT

a few of these guys won't be back. (Dalton, Hall, and possibly a few more)

Skip Towne
02-19-2006, 11:21 PM
I believe you have the means of getting one yourself. Let me know if you need help opening it. Those pull tabs can be rather tricky. If I break a nail opening it, though, then I may just have to charge for the service.
Ok, then, Mer or qt will do it for me. You must learn to respect your elders.

luv
02-19-2006, 11:22 PM
Eric Hicks-LDE
Ryan Sims-DT
John Browning-DT/DE
Jared Allen-RDE
Eddie Freeman-DT
Carlos Hall-RDE
Lional Dalton-DT
Jimmy Wilkerson-DE/DT
Junior Siavii-DT
So, if our defensive line sucks so bad, why not get rid of a few of them to replace instead of Warfield?

luv
02-19-2006, 11:23 PM
Ok, then, Mer or qt will do it for me. You must learn to respect your elders.
I am perfectly aware of how to kiss someone's ass. I just only do it when it works to my advantage. :)

RedThat
02-19-2006, 11:24 PM
And this surprises you? You are the definition of n00b.

No it doesn't. You're the one who said you take pleasure in these kinda threads. :rolleyes:

RedThat
02-19-2006, 11:25 PM
a few of these guys won't be back. (Dalton, Hall, and possibly a few more)

I agree

Wile_E_Coyote
02-19-2006, 11:27 PM
does someone win a case of beer if this thread hits 500

RedThat
02-19-2006, 11:28 PM
So, if our defensive line sucks so bad, why not get rid of a few of them to replace instead of Warfield?

Well, as 58-4ever was saying, and I agree with him, a few of those guys, imo won't be back(Dalton and Hall)

IF warfield can save us money by cutting him, then that money could be used on a defensive lineman.

58-4ever
02-19-2006, 11:28 PM
does someone win a case of beer if this thread hits 500

No, but I will have drunk one by the time it is finished.

Wile_E_Coyote
02-19-2006, 11:29 PM
No, but I will have drunk one by the time it is finished.

ROFL it may have helped during the C.O.T. posts

luv
02-19-2006, 11:30 PM
Well, as 58-4ever was saying, and I agree with him, a few of those guys, imo won't be back(Dalton and Hall)

IF warfield can save us money by cutting him, then that money could be used on a defensive lineman.
And Washington is the second string. If Warfield goes, and we don't replace him, then Washington moves up. So then the debate moves to paying less for linemen or have Washington take Warfield's position. Alright, I understand the argument. Carry on.

leviw
02-19-2006, 11:32 PM
And Washington is the second string. If Warfield goes, and we don't replace him, then Washington moves up. So then the debate moves to paying less for linemen or have Washington take Warfield's position. Alright, I understand the argument. Carry on.

It was over before it started....430+ posts ago. :shake:

RedThat
02-19-2006, 11:32 PM
Once again, what makes you think we can get any of the above (assuming all are out there when the time comes) to KC? Do you think releasing Warfield would free up enough to draw an Abraham or a Howard in? If so, are you sure they'd make an immediate impact?

Since you're tired of arguing, I'll be happy to answer for you:

-I don't know. I'm just hoping.
-I'm not sure on that. But probably not.
-Who knows. I thought Kendrell Bell would make an immediate impact.

I don't know If cutting Warfield will save us money or not, I don't think it would be good enough to possibly sign Abraham or Howard. Unless, we're flexible to create more room with other guys contracts.

I do think a guy like Aaron Kampman won't come at a hefty cost. And he is, by far, an instant upgrade over Hicks.

58-4ever
02-19-2006, 11:33 PM

However, this whole argument is still EXTREMELY speculative in nature. Our real cap situation is still in the process of being determined and hinges on a number of factors.

Skip Towne
02-19-2006, 11:34 PM
No it doesn't. You're the one who said you take pleasure in these kinda threads. :rolleyes:
And you are a girly man for using that smilie. Are you aware that only the two most hated women on this board use that smilie? No, of course you're not. You are the personification of a n00b and are therefore held up to great ridicule. Wanna spar some more n00b? Bring it so I can slam you some more. Your guts are far bigger than your brain.

luv
02-19-2006, 11:35 PM
However, this whole argument is still EXTREMELY speculative in nature. Our real cap situation is still in the process of being determined and hinges on a number of factors.
Ahh...more plot twists. Always makes thing interesting.

Before I really started paying closer attention to football this past year, I never realized it was so complicated of a sport.

luv
02-19-2006, 11:36 PM
And you are a girly man for using that smilie. Are you aware that only the two most hated women on this board use that smilie? No, of course you're not. You are the personification of a n00b and are therefore held up to great ridicule. Wanna spar some more n00b? Bring it so I can slam you some more. Your guts are far bigger than your brain.
Whose the other one? When I see :rolleyes: , one woman comes to mind. I almost commented on it when he used it earlier.

leviw
02-19-2006, 11:37 PM
I don't know If cutting Warfield will save us money or not, I don't think it would be good enough to possibly sign Abraham or Howard. Unless, we're flexible to create more room with other guys contracts.

I do think a guy like Aaron Kampman won't come at a hefty cost. And he is, by far, an instant upgrade over Hicks.

Yeah. You think, but you're not sure. Like I originally stated.

RedThat
02-19-2006, 11:37 PM

I really don't care Skip towne. I think your brain is the size of a pea, possibly smaller.

58-4ever
02-19-2006, 11:38 PM
Ahh...more plot twists. Always makes thing interesting.

Before I really started paying closer attention to football this past year, I never realized it was so complicated of a sport.

some also make it a lot more complicated than it actually is. why do you think king carl is always in the plaza drinking wine? Because it's not really that complicated.
ROFL

leviw
02-19-2006, 11:39 PM
I really don't care Skip towne. I think your brain is the size of a pea, possibly smaller.

Skip will eat you.

luv
02-19-2006, 11:39 PM
some also make it a lot more complicated than it actually is. why do you think king carl is always in the plaza drinking wine? Because it's not really that complicated.
ROFL
I thought it was because he was rich and paid other people to worry about it.

58-4ever
02-19-2006, 11:40 PM
I thought it was because he was rich and paid other people to worry about it.

that has something to do with it also.

KcMizzou
02-19-2006, 11:40 PM
Skip will eat you.ROFL

Phobia
02-19-2006, 11:42 PM
Wrong. Washington won't even be a Chief as of March 2.

Skip Towne
02-19-2006, 11:44 PM
Whose the other one? When I see :rolleyes: , one woman comes to mind. I almost commented on it when he used it earlier.
Chiefs 4me and Denise.

leviw
02-19-2006, 11:45 PM

Wow. That would make my year. I had nothing against Washington until this thread. Now I want him to fail miserably.

luv
02-19-2006, 11:47 PM
Okay, so we still have Surtain or Sapp, right?

Skip Towne
02-19-2006, 11:47 PM
Skip will eat you.
That's funny as hell.

58-4ever
02-19-2006, 11:48 PM

yes, and I happen to think that Sapp has a good future in the NFL.

luv
02-19-2006, 11:48 PM
Chiefs 4me and Denise.
Oh. I don't visit the DC forum very often, so my experiences with memyselfi have been limited.

Phobia
02-19-2006, 11:49 PM

Kind of.

We have Surtain under contract.

Sapp is an exclusive rights Free Agent.

RedThat
02-19-2006, 11:53 PM
Skip will eat you.

LOL

He certainly didn't show evidence of that in his previous posts.

Skip Towne
02-19-2006, 11:53 PM
Oh. I don't visit the DC forum very often, so my experiences with memyselfi have been limited.
She used to be here all the time. The DC forum was a blessing in that it got rid of her here.

NJ Chief Fan
02-19-2006, 11:54 PM
either we move warfield to fs or keep him at the 2 spot, but releasing him is not an option unless herm n carl know for sure that hodge or battle are better then him

RedThat
02-20-2006, 12:29 AM
Hey Skip towne why don't you be man enough to come show the people on this board the comments you left in all those neg reps you sent me?

Anyway, I think your a fugg'n dufus.

I come out here and try to be sincere, honest with you, and you don't even have enough decency and class to show for it? Instead, you continously try to take jabs at me.

Your one of those guys that just like to come out here, and pounce and pick on other peoples posts like myself. And you enjoy it when your buddies roll along with you, kick the person down. Just a typical shark. You fugg'n suck, and I don't give a **** if I rip you. You deserve it, because your just f*ckn STUPID. YOU LIKE THESE POSTS, AND THRIVE OFF IT! Which makes you a stupid motherf*cker not me. Your a typical instagator and a gutless bastard who thinks he knows better.

Your comebacks suck. n00bs? Oooooo....That's pretty stale. Can't think of anything creative or better?

for some reason, you have a fascination with the term "n00b". And I don't give a sh*t if Im a n00b, Im proud of it. Just because you have 30,000, 40,000 posts does that make you more superior? Or better?

Oh sorry Im a n00b, I don't have as many posts as Skip towne. Yay. I give a f*ck let me tell ya :rolleyes:

Anyway, Im just gonna put an end to this. I can detect your personalty from your posts, and your reputation you left me. I KNOW what YOU and other Chief fans want? You want me to keep writing back so you and your stupid a** friends can join in on the fun and gang up on me. F*ck off!

You know something Im a smart guy. Yeah Im a smart guy. I aint gonna stoop to your level, and give YOU and the rest of the bunch what you guys want. Quote me on this, Im done posting in this thread. I ain't posting because you ain't worth the time and effort. GET A LIFE!

Peace out

luv
02-20-2006, 12:32 AM
Oh wow.

58-4ever
02-20-2006, 12:33 AM
Oh wow.

took the words from my mouth.

Short Leash Hootie
02-20-2006, 12:35 AM
Hey Skip towne why don't you be man enough to come show the people on this board the comments you left in all those neg reps you sent me?

Anyway, I think your a fugg'n dufus. (I'm a ****ing retard)

I come out here and try to be sincere (oh man), honest with you (I'm a blatant homosexual), and you don't even have enough decency and class to show for it? (It's a ****ing message board) Instead, you continously try to take jabs at me. (Because you're a homo.)

Your one of those guys that just like to come out here, and pounce and pick on other peoples posts like myself. And you enjoy it when your buddies roll along with you, kick the person down. (Once again, it's a ****ing message board) Just a typical shark. (Are we playing poker?) You fugg'n suck, and I don't give a **** if I rip you. (You don't have the ability to rip anyone.) You deserve it, because your just f*ckn STUPID. (Contradiction?) YOU LIKE THESE POSTS, AND THRIVE OFF IT! (Uhhh...) Which makes you a stupid motherf*cker not me. (Man, you're gay.) Your a typical instagator and a gutless bastard who thinks he knows better. (You're a serial killer, aren't you)

Blah

I was picked on as a child. Forgive me for being such a huge pussy.

blah blah blah

Peace out

You all may dislike me, which is all fine and dandy, but at least I'm not this guy...

alanm
02-20-2006, 12:49 AM

Anyway, I think your a fugg'n dufus.

I come out here and try to be sincere, honest with you, and you don't even have enough decency and class to show for it? Instead, you continously try to take jabs at me.

Your one of those guys that just like to come out here, and pounce and pick on other peoples posts like myself. And you enjoy it when your buddies roll along with you, kick the person down. Just a typical shark. You fugg'n suck, and I don't give a **** if I rip you. You deserve it, because your just f*ckn STUPID. YOU LIKE THESE POSTS, AND THRIVE OFF IT! Which makes you a stupid motherf*cker not me. Your a typical instagator and a gutless bastard who thinks he knows better.

Your comebacks suck. n00bs? Oooooo....That's pretty stale. Can't think of anything creative or better?

for some reason, you have a fascination with the term "n00b". And I don't give a sh*t if Im a n00b, Im proud of it. Just because you have 30,000, 40,000 posts does that make you more superior? Or better?

Oh sorry Im a n00b, I don't have as many posts as Skip towne. Yay. I give a f*ck let me tell ya :rolleyes:

Anyway, Im just gonna put an end to this. I can detect your personalty from your posts, and your reputation you left me. I KNOW what YOU and other Chief fans want? You want me to keep writing back so you and your stupid a** friends can join in on the fun and gang up on me. F*ck off!

You know something Im a smart guy. Yeah Im a smart guy. I aint gonna stoop to your level, and give YOU and the rest of the bunch what you guys want. Quote me on this, Im done posting in this thread. I ain't posting because you ain't worth the time and effort. GET A LIFE!

Peace out

Skip, I think you should apoligize to the young lad. I believe you hurt his feelings. :shake:

ROFL ROFL ROFL

Wile_E_Coyote
02-20-2006, 12:57 AM
-----------
D Washington's age

luv
02-20-2006, 12:58 AM
-----------
D Washington's age
So he's either 964 or -36.

Wile_E_Coyote
02-20-2006, 12:58 AM
So he's either 964 or -36.

he'll be 34 in Dec

greg63
02-20-2006, 07:58 AM
You all may dislike me, which is all fine and dandy, but at least I'm not this guy...

You're right; we don't like you, and it is all fine and dandy - in fact it couldn't be finer or dandier.

jspchief
02-20-2006, 08:16 AM
I love the people that are trying to pimp Washington as a better CB.

Doesn't anyone remember how we acquired Dewayne Washington? We picked him up off the fugging scrap heap in late July. To claim that Washington was any kind of good is basically claiming that 32 teams couldn't figure that out either.

Hell, Washington in his prime was just a bad version of Eric Warfield. An average cornerback.

Short Leash Hootie
02-20-2006, 08:36 AM
You're right; we don't like you, and it is all fine and dandy - in fact it couldn't be finer or dandier.
you're about on the same level as halfcan...

Skip Towne
02-20-2006, 08:40 AM
You're about on the same level with Cherryontop.

jidar
02-20-2006, 08:42 AM
Warfield has gotten a lot better.

He's a solid #2 and because of him I don't think CB is a huge need right now. We just need a better pass rush.

Short Leash Hootie
02-20-2006, 08:45 AM
you're about on the same level with gordie howe.

Wile_E_Coyote
02-20-2006, 08:55 AM

halfcan is outa plumb

greg63
02-20-2006, 09:58 AM

Yep! :thumb:

Calcountry
02-20-2006, 11:50 AM
Here in Canada,leaving spaces after a comma is not needed.Nice try love to write.bullshit

Calcountry
02-20-2006, 12:19 PM
Choose one ,lol.

You guys make me laugh!Would somebody ban this?

Calcountry
02-20-2006, 12:28 PM
I said this in post #151 and RB got all pissy. Now when n00bs come in here with their know-it-all attitudes they are gonna catch shit from me and others like Sidewinder and Vlad who have been Chiefs fans for 40+ years. Not to mention our 5 years on this board. They don't know the tenor of the board nor the members and their personalities. Yeah, myself and about 50 other regulars love to hammer these types. It is great sport to us. And if they leave it suits us just fine. While Phobia was still running this place, I PM'd him and asked if I should tone it down since what I do is the opposite of what he was trying to do. He told me to "carry on" so I do. This thread was a lot of fun for me and the rest of the board. If it costs us a few n00bs so be it.true dat, very funny.

Cherryontop
02-20-2006, 04:47 PM
I love the people that are trying to pimp Washington as a better CB.

Doesn't anyone remember how we acquired Dewayne Washington? We picked him up off the fugging scrap heap in late July. To claim that Washington was any kind of good is basically claiming that 32 teams couldn't figure that out either.

Hell, Washington in his prime was just a bad version of Eric Warfield. An average cornerback.

Shows how much you know, Dewayne Washington WON nfc rookie of the year and has made the All-pro team before.

Seems like you think 32 teams passed on J.Jurevicius and Keith Traylor also. Half the Patriots roster were made up of street guys at the end of their careers like Phifer, Hamilton and Cox.This is a very poor judgement on your behalf. Just because 31 teams passed a player by, it does not mean he is no good.

No one drafted John Randle or Brian Waters either, do they stink? And how do you know that maybe Washington signed here because he chose to, and not because it was his ONLY option. If anything, it was his best option because he can compete for playing time in this porous defense.

So the point here is you can pick up a player late, and if other teams passed him by, who cares because now you might have gotten him on the cheap side.

jspchief
02-20-2006, 04:50 PM
Shows how much you know, Dewayne Washington WON nfc rookie of the year and has made the All-pro team before.

Seems like you think 32 teams passed on J.Jurevicius and Keith Traylor also. Half the Patriots roster were made up of street guys at the end of their careers like Phifer, Hamilton and Cox.This is a very poor judgement on your behalf. Just because 31 teams passed a player by, it does not mean he is no good.

No one drafted John Randle or Brian Waters either, do they stink? And how do you know that maybe Washington signed here because he chose to, and not because it was his ONLY option. If anything, it was his best option because he can compete for playing time in this porous defense.

So the point here is you can pick up a playerSo tell me why such a great CB was still unsigned to a contract in late July last year.

And the reason I know this was his only option was because
1. He played for the league minimum
2. He had to compete for the roster spot

Skip Towne
02-20-2006, 04:59 PM
So tell me why such a great CB was still unsigned to a contract in late July last year.

And the reason I know this was his only option was because
1. He played for the league minimum
2. He had to compete for the roster spot
You're wasting your time. This dude is brain dead.

Cherryontop
02-20-2006, 05:07 PM
I never said he was great, but servicable enough to replace an average player in Warfield. If you are not satisfied with Washington, draft a corner. It is proven every year that they can come in and play. Washington did that 12 years ago in Minny when they released Carl Lee.

Now by doing this, i would think that if the Chiefs were serious at all to improve the defense, they would grab a high quality defensive lineman in free agency.Would you rather have J.Abraham and a rookie cb/vet fa, or just Warfield and the same D line?
More pressure up front is what this or any defense really needs.We are not in a great position to just sign anybody, that is why i am suggesting that we do this.You have to be creative.

banyon
02-20-2006, 05:10 PM

Peace out

http://www.wallwin.org.uk/godfather/images/godfather2.gif
It ain't the way I wanted it! I can handle things! I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!

jspchief
02-20-2006, 05:12 PM
I never said he was great, but servicable enough to replace an average player in Warfield. If you are not satisfied with Washington, draft a corner. It is proven every year that they can come in and play. Washington did that 12 years ago in Minny when they released Carl Lee.

It is proven every year that rookie CBs can come in and play? Play well? Proven by what or who?

A large majority of the CBs drafted, even high draft picks, don't play well their rookie year. At best they play nickelback, or get burned a lot as a starter. I'm not saying you can't get an immediate starter from a rookie CB, but the odds of getting a good one are very small.

Phobia
02-20-2006, 05:13 PM
You have to be creative.
Creative like you?I don't think I could ever be as creative as you.

Cherryontop
02-20-2006, 05:15 PM
Creative like you?I don't think I could ever be as creative as you.

Give it up !

Cherryontop
02-20-2006, 05:18 PM
It is proven every year that rookie CBs can come in and play? Play well? Proven by what or who?

A large majority of the CBs drafted, even high draft picks, don't play well their rookie year. At best they play nickelback, or get burned a lot as a starter. I'm not saying you can't get an immediate starter from a rookie CB, but the odds of getting a good one are very small.

Yes, you have a point that not all rookies come in right away, but teams do take that chance and it is not like we are replacing an All pro cb. Again, if you dont trust a rookie, then get a vet cornerback for the short term.

jspchief
02-20-2006, 05:20 PM
Yes, you have a point that not all rookies come in right away, but teams do take that chance and it is not like we are replacing an All pro cb. Again, if you dont trust a rookie, then get a vet cornerback for the short term.Or just keep Warfield because he's a solid #2 CB.

Cherryontop
02-20-2006, 05:29 PM
Or just keep Warfield because he's a solid #2 CB.

That is not the way to improve the team. There is a salary cap and you have to balance it well. Where is the pressure up front going to come from?
Is Warfield moving to defensive end?

At his highest level, he might be a number 2, but for the most part after all these years of poor to inconsistent play, he is very expandable.He is not making chump change .

Phobia
02-20-2006, 05:39 PM
Dude, your "typos" completely change the meaning of your posts. This is an adult site. The grown-ups are talking now. Please don't interrupt.

Cherryontop
02-20-2006, 05:45 PM
I started this thread, now go play somewhere else. If you are nice,maybe you will get a lolli pop or a knee spanking from Skip ti milouuuuuuuuuu!

Poof! Be gone!

Skip Towne
02-20-2006, 05:45 PM
Dude, your "typos" completely change the meaning of your posts. This is an adult site. The grown-ups are talking now. Please don't interrupt.
Typos are OK in Canada.

T-post Tom
02-20-2006, 05:55 PM
Warfield is probably the best tackler we have at corner. Or just behind Surtain.

Sometimes I wonder if you guys watch a totally different game feed.

tru dat. :clap:

Cherryontop
02-20-2006, 06:17 PM
Nice to see you add "real" ideas to this thread.

Phobia
02-20-2006, 06:25 PM

This thread hasn't had a real idea in its lifetime, Cherryaaaawntop. You are the Slayer Diablo of 2006. Have you flown any fighter jets lately?

Skip Towne
02-20-2006, 06:31 PM
I wish Iowanian would get interested in Cherry boy.

banyon
02-20-2006, 06:31 PM

Yeah. We need to get serious here. I mean we are only on page 33 in a thread about Eric FREAKING Warfield. You might catch Taco's 9-11 thread at this rate. There are tons of new and interesting possibilities to explore.

Like is he already at the club tonight, or does he wait until 11:00 to go out?

Cherryontop
02-20-2006, 06:32 PM
I see you are still seeking a title.Again , why dont you tell me how JUST BEING IN POSITION IS ALL A COACH CAN ASK. NOT A PLAY ON THE BALL OR A TACKLE, JUST BE IN POSITION. Sign me up, i think the chief defense is all pro by your fantastic observations.

Cherryontop
02-20-2006, 06:37 PM
Yeah. We need to get serious here. I mean we are only on page 33 in a thread about Eric FREAKING Warfield. You might catch Taco's 9-11 thread at this rate. There are tons of new and interesting possibilities to explore.

Like is he already at the club tonight, or does he wait until 11:00 to go out?

That honestly sounds pretty funny. I can not be that bad ,lol.

Phobia
02-20-2006, 06:40 PM
I see you are still seeking a title.Again , why dont you tell me how JUST BEING IN POSITION IS ALL A COACH CAN ASK. NOT A PLAY ON THE BALL OR A TACKLE, JUST BE IN POSITION. Sign me up, i think the chief defense is all pro by your fantastic observations.
You're a complete ****tard. I mean that in all seriousness.

Don't you think that by virtue of being in position, one of Jerry's kids could make plays at a staggering rate? I mean, if you're in tight coverage on a WR you're going to knock down or intercept more than the WR catches. Is that as obvious to me as it is everybody else?

Cherryontop
02-20-2006, 06:44 PM
Than by that sense, WHERE THE HELL IS WARFIELDS TIGHT COVERAGE.He had like a whopping one pick and less than 10 pass defensed, not to mention the times he missed tackles or got beat by recievers.

CORNERS WHO HAVE THE ABILITY TO MAKE A PLAY WHEN THE BALL IS IN FLIGHT ARE GOOOOOOOD.

Now go get me a bottle of water !