PDA

View Full Version : Warfield??

Pages : [1] 2 3

Cherryontop
02-17-2006, 03:05 PM
Guys..what are your impression of this guy?I think my friend Red Bull has his red/yellow glasses on too tight..but hes trying to tell me that this guy has really ascended and is atleast a number 2 corner..i dont see how anyone would want him above a nickel back...IF THAT!!

Then he goes on to say that the front 7 sucks..thats why Warfield looks bad..Fine...its not that good..but then how can u justify his contract if ur just making excuses for a guy .Might as well start any dirt cheap player..All i know is this guy gets burned by anyone he goes up against....i dont hate the guy personally..lol....Am i too harsh??

leviw
02-17-2006, 03:06 PM
Benny Sapp can out drink Warfield anyday. Trust me.

htismaqe
02-17-2006, 03:06 PM
Did this really require a separate thread of broken, unreadable nonsense?

Woodrow Call
02-17-2006, 03:08 PM
You are wrong. Red Bull is right.

keg in kc
02-17-2006, 03:11 PM
He's a solid number 2, but because of his history he'll never be judged fairly for his more recent play. A lot of people have a hard on for him, they always have, always will and it won't change nomatter what.

He's 30, however, so he probably doesn't have a whole lot left in the tank, and back problems don't exactly lessen with age. We need a Battle or a Hodge to develop enough to take over. I'd say Sapp, but his size probably limits him to career nickelback status, especially as receivers continue to get bigger and bigger.

CHENZ A!
02-17-2006, 03:14 PM
I'm happy with Warfield being our #2 CB, of course he'd be better as our nickel back, but any CB would be better if they were holding a lesser WR. I always thought that Warfield's problem was not getting burnt, because he was always right there, but his problem was making a play on the ball, which I think he's getting better at except for last yr in Buffalo when he mis-timed his jump on 2 balls to Evans.

Rain Man
02-17-2006, 03:26 PM
I think Warfield is a passable #1 CB. He struggled early in his career, and a lot of people don't want to let that go. He's quite solid now, and he supports the run well and also tries to force turnovers, which is my favorite thing in the whole world.

Munson
02-17-2006, 03:28 PM
I think Warfield is horrible. I don't know how he managed to get a big contract from King Carl. He is plain terrible, whether he is the #1 or #2 corner. I wouldn't want him a nickel back either. He's always getting burnt, takes bad angles, and he only knows how to arm tackle(which drives me insane). My friends and I are always talking smack on him. If we see some corner get burnt, we say that he went to the "Eric Warfield School of Coverage." Or if a corner makes a god awful attempt to tackle, we say that he went to the "Eric Warfield School of Tackling." You get the point.

dj56dt58
02-17-2006, 03:32 PM
How is Warfield not good enough to be a #2 corner? He's a very good #2 corner, probably one of the best #2 corners in the NFL because he can cover any reciever on the field. He has good speed and will get his share of picks, and turn quite a few of them into 6. I think we are set at the CB position as we have a great #1, a very good, if not great #2, and a great nb in benny sapp. If we get a decent front 4, this D has potential to be great.

Chiefnj
02-17-2006, 03:32 PM
He's a decent number two that should improve with a pass rush and in a cover two defense.

Gunther utilized Surtain and Warfield in a bizarre manner last year. There was a good article breaking down the coverage they were placed in and demonstrating how they were misused. For instance Warfield was asked to line up closer to the LOS than Surtain was, when Surtain is a good bump and run corner and Warfield would get burnt more often in that situation. It also didn't help matters that Gun insisted on playing the guys on one side of the field and let offenses dictate who went up against each, but that's another argument.

Cherryontop
02-17-2006, 03:40 PM
"Did this really require a separate thread of broken, unreadable nonsense?"

Dude..Are u freaking serious..i come here to ask a question....and i appreciate the responses..BUT WHO CARES IF U CANT READ THIS!!its not grammer school..are u that bored??

Anyways....

I agree with that Dude..Warfield is pretty bad,coverage wise and tackling wise.If some one can really believe hes a passable number one or 2 even.??,pass me the kool Aid!

U do know the pass D was 31st??this is mind boggling to me..im really serious here.

keg in kc
02-17-2006, 03:43 PM
Warfield is probably the best tackler we have at corner. Or just behind Surtain.

Sometimes I wonder if you guys watch a totally different game feed.

CHENZ A!
02-17-2006, 03:44 PM

Dude..Are u freaking serious..i come here to ask a question....and i appreciate the responses..BUT WHO CARES IF U CANT READ THIS!!its not grammer school..are u that bored??

Anyways....

I agree with that Dude..Warfield is pretty bad,coverage wise and tackling wise.If some one can really believe hes a passable number one or 2 even.??,pass me the kool Aid!

U do know the pass D was 31st??this is mind boggling to me..im really serious here.

Pass D ranking is not always accurate in showing how good or bad your top 2 CB's played. there are alot of other variables involved.

Woodrow Call
02-17-2006, 03:44 PM
Warfield is probably the best tackler we have at corner. Or just behind Surtain.

Sometimes I wonder if you guys watch a totally different game feed.

I was just getting ready to post the same thing. It amazes me how anyone can say Warfield is a bad tackler.

Donger
02-17-2006, 03:46 PM

Anyways....

Oh my. It's replicated.

Woodrow Call
02-17-2006, 03:47 PM

Anyways....

The worst D-Line in football had something to do with that.

leviw
02-17-2006, 03:48 PM
The worst D-Line in football had something to do with that.

A lot to do with it considering Warfield didn't even play in X amount of games.

beer bacon
02-17-2006, 03:49 PM

Anyways....

There is a correlation between being football retarded and grammar retarded. U do know that.??, pass me that kool Aid!

The reasons our pass defense was so horrible was not because of Warfield. The reasons were:

A) A very inconsistant pass rush.

B) We had a horrible coverage schemes that allowed the other team's best receivers to get matched up on nicklebacks, dimebacks, safeties, and even LBs.

C) We gave up some really big passing games BEFORE Warfield got back from suspension. Anyone remember the Eagles game?

Warfield, Surtain, and Sapp did just about as good a job in coverage as they could considering the time QBs had to find a target, and the coverage schemes that handicapped them.

Cherryontop
02-17-2006, 03:51 PM
Yes..its not just the 2 corners....but every time Warfield was one on one..he'd blow it..even on 3 step drops.
His tackle numbers are ok..thats because hell give up all these easy catches..but watch when he lines up close to the los..hes usually toast.Ask Lee Evans!

Now pass the Kool Aid!

Cherryontop
02-17-2006, 03:53 PM
he can outdrink any corner..thats about it!

leviw
02-17-2006, 03:54 PM
Yes..its not just the 2 corners....but every time Warfield was one on one..he'd blow it..even on 3 step drops.
His tackle numbers are ok..thats because hell give up all these easy catches..but watch when he lines up close to the los..hes usually toast.Ask Lee Evans!

Now pass the Kool Aid!

Gosh. That's just awful. All of it.

Cherryontop
02-17-2006, 03:54 PM
Thanks for your class lessons, and class for calling me retarted!!

beer bacon
02-17-2006, 03:56 PM
Thanks for your class lessons, and class for calling me retarted!!

No one called you a retart. I don't even think calling someone a tart is an insult.

leviw
02-17-2006, 03:56 PM
No one called you a retart. I don't even think calling someone a tart is an insult.

ROFL

CHENZ A!
02-17-2006, 03:57 PM

Now pass the Kool Aid!

He wasn't burnt by Lee Evans, he had good coverage on both plays but mistimed his jump on one. He is usually right with the guy he is covering, but occasionaly makes bad plays on the ball(less frequent every yr).

TEX
02-17-2006, 04:03 PM
I think some are mad at Warfield for his contract. It's not his fault that he's over paid.

ChiefsOne
02-17-2006, 04:05 PM
Warfield is a solid CB, maybe not the best of the class, but pretty good. There is no CB that doesn't get burned from time to time. Missed four games and was a little slow getting into the rhythm. Hell Surtain was supposed to be the answer and he got beat as many times as Warfield.

Cherryontop
02-17-2006, 04:08 PM
Not making a play on the ball is just as bad.Getting burned doesnt have to mean getting beat by 10 or 20 yards.Your guy makes a play on you,no matter what the coverages are ,to me,thats getting burnt.
Oh,and even though he missed the first 4 games,only one Qb passed for over 300 yards against us and that was McNabb.

Phobia
02-17-2006, 04:10 PM
The same people who say Warfield sucks STILL are the people who didn't recognize the improvement in Kawika Mitchell's game this year. They aren't willing to acknowledge development.

Cherryontop
02-17-2006, 04:10 PM
For that money..ofcourse we should expect a lot better play.

Cherryontop
02-17-2006, 04:11 PM
Actually...i think Mitchell was the most improved player on the D.But i also see Warfield on the wrong end consistently.

leviw
02-17-2006, 04:12 PM
Actually...i think Mitchell was the most improved player on the D.But i also see Warfield on the wrong end consistently.
Broken record.

Phobia
02-17-2006, 04:13 PM
If you can recognize improvement in Mitchell how can you not see it in Warfield? I'm obviously going to never convince you Warfield had tight coverage in that Bills game (he did), but the fact that you say he's a weak tackler destroys any credibility you might have.

Cherryontop
02-17-2006, 04:16 PM
Im sorry....i still see weak arm tackles and bad angles from him.Tight coverage means nothing if the reciever still makes the catch.

Cherryontop
02-17-2006, 04:21 PM
Mitchell was so bad that its not hard to see his improvement.But Warfield went from very bad to still pretty bad,and to me thats not a rising player.

beer bacon
02-17-2006, 04:23 PM
The first four games we gave up 284 passing ypg. The last 12 we gave up 227 passing ypg.

Phobia
02-17-2006, 04:33 PM
Im sorry....i still see weak arm tackles and bad angles from him.Tight coverage means nothing if the reciever still makes the catch.

Actually, it means that the QB threaded the needle.

Don't tell me you've never seen a WR make a good catch while tightly covered. You can't possibly stop them all, you just hope to be tight enough to force the QB to go elsewhere or make a bad decision. Have you ever played DB?

Cherryontop
02-17-2006, 04:59 PM
Actually i do play corner and safety,our defensive coaches dont care how tight our coverage is....as long as we break up the pass.Sometimes a qb threads the needle..but we use our technique s on how to read the qbs eyes,how to anticipate and figure out the routes the recievers use,and how to jump them.Trust me,it aint easy,but u have to make plays regardless,or u wont get anywhere.
U can only use the "perfect pass" excuse for so long.

ArrowheadHawk
02-17-2006, 05:01 PM
warfield is servicable it would be nice to make him the nickel though

Phobia
02-17-2006, 05:01 PM
Wow - that's surprising then. I'd hate to see you judged by the same measuring stick you use on Warfield.

I consider myself a pretty good DB but there's only so much you can do and sometimes your going to be made to look bad by a QB/WR duo. Nothing you can do about it except forget and get them next time.

Scalper
02-17-2006, 05:12 PM
Eric Warfield sucks..and may god have mercy on his soul

Cherryontop
02-17-2006, 05:30 PM
my coach would bench me if i said "Its a great pass and catch,what else can i do?",over and over and over.

Id be replaced by someone who can make more plays!Thats the difference between a good and bad DB!
Being in position isnt enough!

leviw
02-17-2006, 05:34 PM
my coach would bench me if i said "Its a great pass and catch,what else can i do?",over and over and over.

Id be replaced by someone who can make more plays!Thats the difference between a good and bad DB!

So take his job then!

Mr. Laz
02-17-2006, 05:35 PM
should be a nickle or better yet a free safety.

barely passable as a #2 cornerback

dj56dt58
02-17-2006, 05:38 PM
You can tell who doesn't know much about football because those are the people who think just because we had a bad pass defense, that it was the corners fault. There are other factors that contributed to it. One has already been brought up, which was a lack of a pass rush. The other was safeties being out of position when they were supposed to be back to help(Wesley). You can't just say it's the corners fault because the pass D was bad. When the QB has 48 hours to throw the football, sooner or laters somebody is gonna get open.

alanm
02-17-2006, 05:43 PM
Warfield is a solid CB, maybe not the best of the class, but pretty good. There is no CB that doesn't get burned from time to time. Missed four games and was a little slow getting into the rhythm. Hell Surtain was supposed to be the answer and he got beat as many times as Warfield.
You guys wait and see if he becomes a Cap casualty. If he does he won't stay on the market long. Apparently most teams think more of him then we do. :shake:

Rain Man
02-17-2006, 05:55 PM
The same people who say Warfield sucks STILL are the people who didn't recognize the improvement in Kawika Mitchell's game this year. They aren't willing to acknowledge development.

Yuppity.

Cherryontop
02-17-2006, 06:04 PM
Aeneas Williams was a good corner on bad pass D's.
So was Deion on terrible Atlanta Defenses,BUT THEY were great corners.Warfield would be a nickel at best unless your team is starving for any help.Looks like the Chiefs shop at walmart for their Defense.

Antione Winfield plays on a bad D in Minny,but they guy is everywhere making pass breakups,INTS and posts incredible tackle numbers from run support.I never said thats its only the corners fault,all i said was that Warfield stinks and would be a good fit as a nickelback at best!
The front 7 is terrible too.

Chief Roundup
02-17-2006, 06:47 PM
When Warfield was a FA last time he was ranked above Chris McAllister even though McAllister was on the Ravens Defense.
I think Warfield had an off year last year due to his off the field issues, and back issues.
Warfield is a good CB IMO. I would like to see us improve our DL and then our secondary as a whole would seem so much better.

Chief Roundup
02-17-2006, 06:51 PM
You guys wait and see if he becomes a Cap casualty. If he does he won't stay on the market long. Apparently most teams think more of him then we do. :shake:
That is because the fans always are looking for the scapegoat and it is always easier to be negative than positive.

Cherryontop
02-17-2006, 06:54 PM
Wow..im honestly shocked that most of u really think hes that good!Im new here,and i thought the consenses was that he was terrible.I get made fun of and reminded by all my other friends on specific plays Warfield gives up.We d be watching a big play,and then a smart ass would say,"let me guess,Warfield"and it was so true every sthinking game and for the last 6,7 years,not jut this off year?Did i miss his break out year or something,lol??

Chief Roundup
02-17-2006, 06:57 PM
Wow..im honestly shocked that most of u really think hes that good!Im new here,and i thought the consenses was that he was terrible.I get made fun of and reminded by all my other friends on specific plays Warfield gives up.We d be watching a big play,and then a smart ass would say,"let me guess,Warfield"and it was so true every sthinking game and for the last 6,7 years,not jut this off year?Did i miss his break out year or something,lol??

I am not sure but I think if you could look at stats of CB vs WR that Warfield would have some of the top stats against Randy Moss.

Cherryontop
02-17-2006, 07:07 PM
Moss had 3 Tds,one called back,and over well over 100 yards against the Chiefs the game i went to in Minnesota{i went with Redbull }Back in 1999,Moss also scored twice,but one was a punt return.These were his Minnesota numbers alone!!Dont even try this one,lol........

Cherryontop
02-17-2006, 07:10 PM
U might not be sure,i a sure as hell am on this one.Moss would eat Warfield alive,worse than what that Jax guy did a couple years back,worse than what Rod Smith has done over his career.Now this is getting ridiculous!I know the RAIDER hate is alive,but mano a mano,u would take your chances leaving anyone on an island vs Moss??

leviw
02-17-2006, 07:11 PM
U might not be sure,i a sure as hell am on this one.Moss would eat Warfield alive,worse than what that Jax guy did a couple years back,worse than what Rod Smith has done over his career.Now this is getting ridiculous!I know the RAIDER hate is alive,but mano a mano,u would take your chances leaving anyone on an island vs Moss??

No. That's why we got Surtain. I'll glady take my chances with Warfield against Porter.

Chief Roundup
02-17-2006, 07:11 PM
Moss had 3 Tds,one called back,and over well over 100 yards against the Chiefs the game i went to in Minnesota{i went with Redbull }Back in 1999,Moss also scored twice,but one was a punt return.These were his Minnesota numbers alone!!Dont even try this one,lol........
Uh that doesn't mean that he got those against Warfield. Remember if Moss goes in motion Warfield doesn't go with him. You are referring to Warfield. Not the Chiefs Defense.

Chief Roundup
02-17-2006, 07:14 PM
I was trying to be nice with the, "I am not sure" thing. If you watch the games you would know that Moss has gotten his but on McPasson and Bartee and maybe even 1 or 2 against Warfield but not as you are trying to make it out.

cdcox
02-17-2006, 07:55 PM
im really syched that some day soon well get an awesomest corner like cherryontop.The chiefs will be great cause no one will ever catch a pass cause thats what a good corner will do.i cant wait how bout u??

Cherryontop
02-17-2006, 08:02 PM
OK settle for crap..and u wonder why the DEFENSE stinks.U guys accept crappy corners....even Vermiel said that Dex and DW have played better,now thats confidence if i ever saw it,lol

Some of you,NOT ALL are freaking blind talent evaluators.All i see are excuses for reasons why Warfield has played bada,in essense agreeing with me thats he stinks,lol

leviw
02-17-2006, 08:07 PM
OK settle for crap..and u wonder why the DEFENSE stinks.U guys accept crappy corners....even Vermiel said that Dex and DW have played better,now thats confidence if i ever saw it,lol

Some of you,NOT ALL are freaking blind talent evaluators.All i see are excuses for reasons why Warfield has played bada,in essense agreeing with me thats he stinks,lol

Work on this stuff and people might take you more seriously.

ChiefsCountry
02-17-2006, 08:10 PM
Warfield is a good #2 CB. That Buffalo game last season, he had damn good coverage on Evans. Evans made two of the best catches you will see.

Personally I think Warfield could probally be an All-Pro safety.

Chiefnj
02-17-2006, 08:29 PM
Some kid plays CB on his peewee team and all of a sudden he knows more than Warfield. Impressive. Time to go study your spelling and punctuation.

CoMoChief
02-17-2006, 08:31 PM
No. That's why we got Surtain. I'll glady take my chances with Warfield against Porter.

Shit I wouldnt.

leviw
02-17-2006, 08:37 PM
Shit I wouldnt.

Remember, it's the Raiders. They can't beat us anyway. What's it matter?

Wile_E_Coyote
02-17-2006, 08:58 PM

I like to check out other teams message boards & it never fails. Along comes a Raider fan & they all read just like this dude. This site has several Raider fans that I enjoy reading their opinions & they make sense...well mostly

beer bacon
02-17-2006, 09:55 PM
im really syched that some day soon well get an awesomest corner like cherryontop.The chiefs will be great cause no one will ever catch a pass cause thats what a good corner will do.i cant wait how bout u??

pass me the kool Aid!

huskerdooz
02-17-2006, 11:07 PM
don gys lik this...jus mak U LOL...wonder wut roc...he crawl out unda...

Cherryontop
02-17-2006, 11:14 PM
Can u spell Td against the Chiefs??Who got burned again????
Why that was Eric Warfield?The guy couldnt cover freakin Kelly Campbell and you would trust him against Porter?
You guys are insane!

Hydrae
02-17-2006, 11:39 PM
We may be insane but this koolaid tastes really good!

Phobia
02-17-2006, 11:43 PM

I'm going to come see you play CB this fall. Where do you play. I'll give you a completely fair analysis of your game. I want to see it.

Being in position to make a play is ALL a coach can ask. He wants a CB to be disciplined and fundamentally sound enough to have a chance. If you're in position, generally the QB isn't even going to throw it your way. That's solid play. But if the ball comes your way and you're in position, you're doing your job. You're not going to make every play. No CB is.
Sometimes the WR gets the best of you. He has the advantage and he should.

Cherryontop
02-18-2006, 12:52 AM
You play to win the game,not just be in position.Thats like watching the Tiki run,and saying THE WHOLE DEFENSE swarmed to the ball carrier and were in POSITION to make a play.Im sure Dicky said hey guys nice try,thats all i can ask,lol.
Do you know how many times i have seen Randy go over guys tightly covered and make the play?Do u think Daunte said,Na,he looks in postion to make a play,screw it?
Getting beat is getting beat,PERIOD!!Its your job to stop them,no not every play,but with some consistency atleast.
I play in Canada,but you are more than welcome to come,and im not a Raider fan.

Phobia
02-18-2006, 01:00 AM
Its your job to stop them,no not every play,but with some consistency atleast.

You just described the job Warfield does. Thank you for making my point for me.

Rausch
02-18-2006, 01:24 AM

Johnson&Johnson
02-18-2006, 01:28 AM
Its all Gun's fault

Fruit Ninja
02-18-2006, 03:53 AM
Aeneas Williams was a good corner on bad pass D's.
So was Deion on terrible Atlanta Defenses,BUT THEY were great corners.Warfield would be a nickel at best unless your team is starving for any help.Looks like the Chiefs shop at walmart for their Defense.

Antione Winfield plays on a bad D in Minny,but they guy is everywhere making pass breakups,INTS and posts incredible tackle numbers from run support.I never said thats its only the corners fault,all i said was that Warfield stinks and would be a good fit as a nickelback at best!
The front 7 is terrible too.Aeneas and Deion were GREAT Corners. YOu just cannot put them in the same sentence with Eric Warfield. Warfield was converted he was a late round draft pick i beleive. It took him a while to learn the CB position. YOu bieng a DB should know not to compare them. Warfield is a solid corner. He is by no means great. Also When Dieon and Aeneas played the rules let them do alot more to the wide outs.

And no our front 7 isnt terrible, only our front 4 is.

Cherryontop
02-18-2006, 07:33 AM
Number one,if you people dont agree i dont see why you have to point out a couple errors in my typing,i never knew i entered a grammer test!
What kind of class do some of you people have?
All i want is some constructive anwers and responses,but some berate me with childish remarks.

Originally Posted by Cherryontop
Its your job to stop them,no not every play,but with some consistency atleast.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You just described the job Warfield does. Thank you for making my point for me.

Example,this is your opinion,but imo,this doesnt describe the job Warfield has ever done,so im not making your point at all.

I said "some"consistency,not make a play once a month?

Maybe my eyes and Vermeil's eyes were in denial,but we both agreed that D. Washington was playing at a higher level than Warfield.

Phobia
02-18-2006, 09:04 AM
Now you're putting words into Vermeil's mouth.

If Vermeil thought D. Washington was playing better than Warfield then Warfield would have never hit the field.

Thank you for confirming your retartetness.

Chief Roundup
02-18-2006, 09:13 AM
Getting beat is getting beat,PERIOD!!Its your job to stop them,no not every play,but with some consistency atleast.

Uh it was Patrick Surtain that was getting beat for Touchdowns and not looking like an all-pro this season. People kept saying it was because he was having to get use to playing some zone and he is a man CB.

Cherryontop
02-18-2006, 09:22 AM
FYI,Dick Vermeil DID say that.Now you are just pulling for straws.Ask Redbull,{who really likes Warfield}.
Redbull was the one who pointed it out to me.
Dont you follow the team and press conferences?
You people think im dumb for a couple typos,atleast i know what i hear from the coach himself AND my friend Redbull,a real diehard chief fan who bleeds red and yellow!

Thank you for confirming your retartetness Phobia,lol.
That was easy!

cdcox
02-18-2006, 09:29 AM
FYI,Dick Vermeil DID say that.Now you are just pulling for straws.Ask Redbull,{who really likes Warfield}.
You people think im dumb for a couple typos,atleast i know what i hear from the coach himself AND my friend Redbull,a real diehard chief fan who bleeds red and yellow!

Thank you for confirming your retartetness Phobia,lol.
That was easy!

"Typo" stands for typographical error. It means an error in typing, when the correct spelling or punctuation is known.

Repeatedly omitting spaces after punctuation, leaving out apostrophes, and substituting "u" for "you" are not typos. They indicate either a lack of education or pig-headed stubborness.

Chief Roundup
02-18-2006, 09:34 AM
Now you're putting words into Vermeil's mouth.

If Vermeil thought D. Washington was playing better than Warfield then Warfield would have never hit the field.

Thank you for confirming your retartetness.
Vermeil did state that he wasn't sure if Warfield was in the right place in his mind to start at CB. That was the couple of weeks following his suspension. Of course that changed abruptly when we found out that we were going to have to play Miami on Friday with less than a days notice.
I am sure that I am not the only one that remembers the media asking and asking Vermeil if and when Warfield was going to get his position back in the starting line up.

Phobia
02-18-2006, 09:52 AM
I'm aware that there were some things said when Warfield was suspended. The 2nd week after he came back he was starting and it was never in question again. If DV thought Washington was better, he'd have been playing.

Phobia
02-18-2006, 09:54 AM

No, I don't follow the team nor press conferences.

I don't think you're dumb for typos. I think you're retarted because of the lack of oxygen flowing through your brain.

RedThat
02-18-2006, 09:59 AM
Cherry, Guys, please settle down.

Just settle down. This topic is getting a little too out of hand.

First off, come on guys, don't rip my friend for spelling and grammar. You guys know better come on. Thats not right. This is a football board, if you wanna rip him, rip him on the Warfield topic. Please.

Ok, Cherry, you have created a mess, lol.

Im gonna get involved here. Warfield is an ok CB. I think your being a little too harsh on the guy. The problems in our pass defense lie mainly on the front 4. As others here stated, it is an inconsistent pass rush. Not just the fact we have an average CB. I don't think he is sh*t, but I do not think he is good either. He is ok. Warfield is one of those guys you can call "servicable". He could start on a lot of teams.

Sure, a lot of passes are going to be thrown his way but that doesnt necessarily translate into him being a bad CB. Surtain is great, and i don't expect Warfield anywhere near his play. So what are teams gonna do when they see you have a great CB, and an average CB lined up on the other side? Obviously, they are going to pick on the average guy...It is only common sense. Plus, like, others and myself here mentioned earlier, we don't have a pass rush. And that is, imo, the number element into improving a pass defense. And prior to that, we didn't have LBers that can cover their side of the field. We used Kendrell Bell in coverage last year. Kendrell *freak'n* Bell! An awful cover guy. Why utilize a player like that? Because Gunther isn't too smart imo. Now, Kendrell Bell has nothing to do with Warfield, but, he does contribute to a bad pass defense.

I also believe Gunther misused a lot of his players last year. Dude, you have no freak'n clue. Im tell'n ya, watch the Chief games, he was constantly using Patrick Surtain in zone packages last year. And even Warfield. Even Kendrell Bell! Kendrell Bell, a slow as my grandma LBer that couldn't cover a turtle out there! Thats how bad Gunther is. He doesn't know how to use his players.

My point is this, its not just Warfield that accounts for a bad pass defense, its everything you have to account for. #1 our co-ordinator isn't too smart, #2 our Defensive line has got to be the worst I've seen in football, #3 Warfield is average, #4 Kendrell Bell is NOT a Will side linebacker and we are asking him to play like one(Again this should take us back to Gunther and how he utilizes his players), #5 Oh I forgot too mention, our safeties, are BAD in coverage. Knight is a step too slow, and can't cover the middle of the field, Wesley looks lost on certain coverage plays.

With all this being said, please stop pointing the finger at Warfield! LOL

Cherryontop
02-18-2006, 10:00 AM
"Typo" stands for typographical error. It means an error in typing, when the correct spelling or punctuation is known.

Repeatedly omitting spaces after punctuation, leaving out apostrophes, and substituting "u" for "you" are not typos. They indicate either a lack of education or pig-headed stubborness.

Thank you for being so technical,do you want a cookie now?This is a Chief board,not grammer school.I thought there were more intelligent fans out there who understand and want to talk about our team,and not STUPID efforts to make fun of somebody.

Whats the big deal if i were to write "u" instead of "you"? It does not indicate that i lack an education or that i have pig headed stubborness.
You guys CAN obviously read my messages,why do you care if i or another poster make a slip up here or there?

Show some class ,that is ofcourse if you have any! See ,id rather chat with polite members than grammer whores.

Phobia
02-18-2006, 10:04 AM
Redbull please be more considerate of us in the future. Please screen your friends before inviting them here. We don't want your retart friends. Now you have to invite 5 smart friends to make up for this retart.

RedThat
02-18-2006, 10:05 AM

Thank you for being so technical,do you want a cookie now?This is a Chief board,not grammer school.I thought there were more intelligent fans out there who understand and want to talk about our team,and not STUPID efforts to make fun of somebody.

Whats the big deal if i were to write "u" instead of "you"? It does not indicate that i lack an education or that i have pig headed stubborness.
You guys CAN obviously read my messages,why do you care if i or another poster make a slip up here or there?

Show some class ,that is ofcourse if you have any! See ,id rather chat with polite members than grammer whores.

Relax Cherry. Don't let them get to ya.
;)

RedThat
02-18-2006, 10:08 AM
Redbull please be more considerate of us in the future. Please screen your friends before inviting them here. We don't want your retart friends. Now you have to invite 5 smart friends to make up for this retart.

Well, Phobia I have no control over that.

He is a smart guy. Honestly. He is intellegent. I admire him on his intellegence about the game in general. Thats part of the reason we get along so great.

Now, cherry, you can be a bit stubborn about things sometimes, ala Warfield.

Cherryontop
02-18-2006, 10:08 AM
I fondly remember the day that when Gunther came back,everyone was saying how aggressive and how improved the D was going to be.We were going to split the D-line outside the tackles,etc.
He was going to revive E.Hicks.Before Gun,everyone said it was Robinson.Now the one main constant is poor defensive players.If you wanna blame the coach,then fine,but its football,not rocket science,and for your information,Patrick Surtain was a slow corner who excelled in Zones coming out of college.He can do both,he just slipped a little bit.He wasnt all-pro last year or the year before and took his time getting healthy during his last year with the Dolphins.He was also considered a bad habit practice player.
Hopefully he can bounce back,because i considered him a great corner in his younger Dolphin days.

Cherryontop
02-18-2006, 10:13 AM
Im here to chat about Warfield.I am trying to get along with some of your posters,but they have no class and resort to being grammer whores.The only person i ripped was Warfield,yet so many here take it so personal to attack my intelligence!

So Phobia,why dont you ask Redbull what Vermeil has said,since you obviously dont listen or watch the press conferences.They have transcripts that are easy to read for you.
Ask away Phobia!

cdcox
02-18-2006, 10:19 AM

Politeness begins with consideration for others. I can understand your posts fine, but your refusal to follow accepted convention when writing is distracting and makes your posts more difficult to read. ImSureYouCanUnderstandThisConcept.

The biggest problem with Warfield last season was that he was asked to play 5 to 10 yards off the reciever, until a reception was made. That was the scheme in the entire secondary.

Phobia
02-18-2006, 10:19 AM
Redbull,
What did Vermeil say about Washington being better than Warfield? Why do you suppose the Chiefs played Warfield 11 games if Washington was a better corner?

RedThat
02-18-2006, 10:23 AM
I fondly remember the day that when Gunther came back,everyone was saying how aggressive and how improved the D was going to be.We were going to split the D-line outside the tackles,etc.
He was going to revive E.Hicks.Before Gun,everyone said it was Robinson.Now the one main constant is poor defensive players.If you wanna blame the coach,then fine,but its football,not rocket science,and for your information,Patrick Surtain was a slow corner who excelled in Zones coming out of college.He can do both,he just slipped a little bit.He wasnt all-pro last year or the year before and took his time getting healthy during his last year with the Dolphins.He was also considered a bad habit practice player.
Hopefully he can bounce back,because i considered him a great corner in his younger Dolphin days.

I agree. Patrick Surtain isn't the great CB he used to be when he played with the Dolphins. He is still a stud though. he can cover and tackle. I consider him one of our best players.

Your right about the co-ordinators. I do remember a lot of people bashing GRob(I'll admit I was one of them), and when we got Gun, a lot of people were talking about how good our defense was gonna be because we changed co-ordinators. Well, as it turned out, we actually took a step backwards. The facts don't lie. We were 31st in total defense(when Gun got here), and 29th in total defense(the last year GRob was here). So it wasn't co-ordinators, lol.

*It was the players, if not, both. I remember the times when it was soooo bad with GRob here, that some Chiefs fans went out and devoted a site:

www.firegregrobinson.com

:LOL:

Talk about a display of ignorance

Cherryontop
02-18-2006, 10:24 AM
Phobia,i see you have over 49,000 posts.Im sure you never made any errors,but calling out posters is just plain childish .

Chief Roundup
02-18-2006, 10:29 AM
No, I don't follow the team nor press conferences.
Hey there Cherry this is dripping with sarcasm since you didn't seem to notice.......How could anyone possibly end up with near 50k posts and being a past moderator and not read and or listen to press conferences and or let alone get 50k posts if you don't watch the games to have things to chat about...........Can you see the picture that you have painted of yourself yet.

I am not trying to be mean! I am trying to help you be getting you to see what you are showing everyone else and how that makes you appear. :thumb:

Cherryontop
02-18-2006, 10:35 AM
ImSureYouCanUnderstandThisConcept???

Are we still doing this,lol?
For the record,i wasnt remotely that bad,but thanks for the exagerationnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!

RedThat
02-18-2006, 10:36 AM
Redbull,
What did Vermeil say about Washington being better than Warfield? Why do you suppose the Chiefs played Warfield 11 games if Washington was a better corner?

Well, I don't ever recall Vermeil saying anything about Washington being better than Warfield. I'm just being honest here. I'll say it like it is, I do recall, Vermeil making statements about Warfield earlier in the year though.

Now, I don't remember them word for word. But they were something along these lines, he said, "he didn't think Warfield was game ready". He felt he needed time to slowly adjust and get back in to start. Coincedentally, that is why we didn't start him as soon as he came back from his suspension.

Now, Dewayne Washington on the other hand, started, I think, 2 games.

Why did he start? Because Surtain got hurt. Remember the first game when Surtain got a concussion? Then, Surtain got hurt prior to the Oakland game.

Washington played against the Raidiers at home, and played extremely well.

Chief Roundup
02-18-2006, 10:38 AM
Your right about the co-ordinators. I do remember a lot of people bashing GRob(I'll admit I was one of them), and when we got Gun, a lot of people were talking about how good our defense was gonna be because we changed co-ordinators. Well, as it turned out, we actually took a step backwards. The facts don't lie. We were 31st in total defense(when Gun got here), and 29th in total defense(the last year GRob was here). So it wasn't co-ordinators, lol.
I was one of those that wanted Greg Williams and then Dick Juaron and then Gunther, but I did and still do think that almost anyone was better than GROB.

RedThat
02-18-2006, 10:42 AM
Hey there Cherry this is dripping with sarcasm since you didn't seem to notice.......How could anyone possibly end up with near 50k posts and being a past moderator and not read and or listen to press conferences and or let alone get 50k posts if you don't watch the games to have things to chat about...........Can you see the picture that you have painted of yourself yet.

I am not trying to be mean! I am trying to help you be getting you to see what you are showing everyone else and how that makes you appear. :thumb:

Dude, its hard to detect sarcasm around here. We ain't the kinda guys that live in front of a computer. My point is, we don't share as much experience as others do around here. I have a hard time detecting sarcasm online. Why? Because your behind a computer screen. it's not like your talking to the person face to face. You know what I mean?

Cherryontop
02-18-2006, 10:47 AM
Thank you Redbull!
See if Warfield wasnt playing well,whether he wasnt ready in game shape or in a mental capacity.DeWayne Washington was outplaying him period.

You would think Warfield would be more game ready,since he is a veteran,he should be in better game shape.You should be ready to go pretty quickly,its not like he had an injury.
He got hurt later in the season,but im getting tired of his play and hes not worth the money.
Does anyone here think hes worth the money?

Phobia
02-18-2006, 10:49 AM
Phobia,i see you have over 49,000 posts.Im sure you never made any errors,but calling out posters is just plain childish .

I'm speaking to my audience.

Phobia
02-18-2006, 10:50 AM
Oh - also, I am childish.

Phobia
02-18-2006, 10:53 AM
Dude, its hard to detect sarcasm around here. We ain't the kinda guys that live in front of a computer.

Not really. When somebody who has 50,000 posts says they don't follow the Chiefs ---- on a Chiefs BB, they're being sarcastic.

Scalper
02-18-2006, 10:55 AM
Eric Warfield is a decent corner but he is not worth the money. He actually played better when he got ****ed up at the Kona Grill and every other bar on the plaza..We will get ty law and all this warfield talk will end.

RedThat
02-18-2006, 10:55 AM
Politeness begins with consideration for others. I can understand your posts fine, but your refusal to follow accepted convention when writing is distracting and makes your posts more difficult to read. ImSureYouCanUnderstandThisConcept.

Now, stop this. Come on dude you know better. Guys, lets just be good sports and accept each others opinions, and posts for what they are. We shouldn't have to find ways to rip each other. a topic about a player, shouldn't lead to digging in and making fun of a person on their spelling and or grammar. when these things happen, you then know the topic is not worth the time discussing. When it gets too be personal, then you know it's childish. Like i said, earlier, I think these things can get a little out hand.

The biggest problem with Warfield last season was that he was asked to play 5 to 10 yards off the reciever, until a reception was made. That was the scheme in the entire secondary.

No. The biggest problem with Warfield is he an average corner who is extremely overpaid, and can't get his own head on straight. He has a drinking problem that he has yet to clear up. I wonder if the Chiefs ever considered if they think he is actually worth the money?

RedThat
02-18-2006, 10:56 AM
Not really. When somebody who has 50,000 posts says they don't follow the Chiefs ---- on a Chiefs BB, they're being sarcastic.

Ok I see what you mean. Thanks for clarifying that for me.

Cherryontop
02-18-2006, 11:01 AM
I dont have enough posts to be considered a die hard Chiefs fan?
This according to the leader of the people,who treats others with class!{note the sarcasm}

RedThat
02-18-2006, 11:01 AM
I was one of those that wanted Greg Williams and then Dick Juaron and then Gunther, but I did and still do think that almost anyone was better than GROB.

GRob never had the support. In Denver he had some really good players on the defensive side of the ball. Plus, Shanny was a little more hard on him. Vermeil was, a little too nice with the guy. As Vermeil is with everybody.

Chief Roundup
02-18-2006, 11:04 AM
Dude, its hard to detect sarcasm around here. We ain't the kinda guys that live in front of a computer. My point is, we don't share as much experience as others do around here. I have a hard time detecting sarcasm online. Why? Because your behind a computer screen. it's not like your talking to the person face to face. You know what I mean?
Uh that may be in its own way but common sense would tell you that if someone has almost 50k posts that he watches the games and is a fan. And since he was a moderator he probably reads most things on that gets posted on here. Geez that is common sense.

I would say you spend more time on here than I do seeing as you have half as many posts as I do in 5 years less time.

I wasnt trying to hurt anyones feelings.
As defensive as you are I am beginning to wonder if you are the same person under different user names. :hmmm:

Phobia
02-18-2006, 11:06 AM
I dont have enough posts to be considered a die hard Chiefs fan?
This according to the leader of the people,who treats others with class!{note the sarcasm}

This is why you're not bright.

Nobody said you're not a diehard Chiefs fan. I certainly didn't.

I treated you exactly the way you asked to be treated when you started puffing your chest out on this thread.

Finally, I'm not the leader of the people.

Cherryontop
02-18-2006, 11:26 AM
Sarcasm,i thought u can read,lol

Cherryontop
02-18-2006, 11:28 AM
notice u and not "you",lol

Im sure i am going to be reminded,lol.

Cherryontop
02-18-2006, 11:29 AM
And no,we are not the same user.

Cherryontop
02-18-2006, 11:31 AM
First i am a retard,
Second,i am a Raider fan,
Third,I put words in Vermeil's mouth,lol
Now me and Redbull are the same user?

cdcox
02-18-2006, 11:38 AM
Now, stop this. Come on dude you know better. Guys, lets just be good sports and accept each others opinions, and posts for what they are. We shouldn't have to find ways to rip each other. a topic about a player, shouldn't lead to digging in and making fun of a person on their spelling and or grammar. when these things happen, you then know the topic is not worth the time discussing. When it gets too be personal, then you know it's childish. Like i said, earlier, I think these things can get a little out hand.

No. The biggest problem with Warfield is he an average corner who is extremely overpaid, and can't get his own head on straight. He has a drinking problem that he has yet to clear up. I wonder if the Chiefs ever considered if they think he is actually worth the money?

I don't mind an occasional butchering of the English language. I misspell my share of words, for sure. But when someone intentionally violates conventions, I lose respect for that person's opinions. The vast majority of long-standing members of the board do not type in interwebese. I value that, and will do what little I can to maintain community standards (I can't believe I just typed that).

Back to Warfield. For the sake of arguement, lets say we cut him. Our options are:

a) start someone already on the roster

Who? Battle - he's coming off an injury and has struggled before then. Sapp - he's workable as a nickel back, but no way is he ready to start. Washington - he had a good game against Oakland, no doubt. However, based on the fact that no other team wanted him, he's old, and he can't beat out Warfield, I can't say that is a risk I'd be willing to take for a whole season. McCleon - we won't even go there.

b) sign a free agent

Our cap situation is not going to let us sign a large crop of free agents. If we are able to swing a deal for a high-dollar free agent, I would much rather it go to the defensive line, where our weaknesses are more severe. I have no reason to believe that a low-dollar free agent will perform as good as Warfield.

c) drafting a corner with a high draft choice

Again, I think we have more pressing needs than CB. I'd rather invest a high draft choice in the DL, WR, or OL. I don't think a low-round CB will immediately be able to start.

I think releasing Warfield would create a weaker defense. Since we do not have any options that allow us to address other glaring needs with a player that would either play better than Warfield at the same cost or play as well as Warfield but much cheaper, I am not in favor of cutting him.

Phobia
02-18-2006, 11:38 AM
Plus you twist people's words to be whatever you want them to be.

Phobia
02-18-2006, 11:40 AM
I'd say you're just lucky Skip Towne hasn't arrived on this thread. He'd turn you over his knee and spank you with a willow switch.

beer bacon
02-18-2006, 11:51 AM
Way to go and ruin this thread Phobia.

Cherryontop
02-18-2006, 11:53 AM
I'd say you're just lucky Skip Towne hasn't arrived on this thread. He'd turn you over his knee and spank you with a willow switch.

Wow,he can do that through the computer?Hes freakin talented!

RedThat
02-18-2006, 11:53 AM
Uh that may be in its own way but common sense would tell you that if someone has almost 50k posts that he watches the games and is a fan. And since he was a moderator he probably reads most things on that gets posted on here. Geez that is common sense.

Well, honestly I never really paid attention to how many posts Phobia has, and quite frankly I really don't care man. He clarified it for me that he was being sarcastic, and I appreciate that coming from him.

[/QUOTE=Chief Roundup]I would say you spend more time on here than I do seeing as you have half as many posts as I do in 5 years less time.[/QUOTE]

Now, thats just plain old stupid. No offense to you or anything, How do you know that? how do you know that I spend more time on here than you provided that I have half as many posts as you do in 5 years? you don't even have facts. Your just assuming.

I wasnt trying to hurt anyones feelings.
As defensive as you are I am beginning to wonder if you are the same person under different user names. :hmmm:

Defensive? Nah. Come on man. I meant to settle the boys down. Im being called defensive for that? Right. Thanks.

*FYI, Im not the same person as Cherryontop. Yes, we are friends. But not the same person. Im clarifying this for guys like yourself. Who are curious. I mean this Honestly and sincerely.

Cherryontop
02-18-2006, 11:56 AM
If not cutting him,would you think hed take a substantial paycut?
I agree that Dex has to go.Same with Barber and Woods.

Phobia
02-18-2006, 12:10 PM

Why would he take a paycut? You see any other starting CB's in the league who are in their 2nd contract with a lower cap number than Warfield? I don't think you could find one. As evidence of that, see what happens when Warfield is cut....

To whomever said Warfield still has a problem with alcohol - that's not exactly true. It's accurate because he considers himself an alcoholic, but from everything I've heard he no longer drinks.

RedThat
02-18-2006, 12:10 PM

Now, where are you going with this Phobia? May I please ask?

with all due respect, I know you have close to 50,000 posts and everything, but if there is 1 post you should take back, Id say it's this one.

Phobia
02-18-2006, 12:12 PM
Why would I take that post back?

FWIW, I don't care how many posts I have. It really doesn't make a damn bit of difference. I used it as evidence that I spend a lot of time on a Chiefs website. Other than that it means zero.

cdcox
02-18-2006, 12:16 PM

We can't give him a pay cut without the threat of cutting him. If I'm Eric Warfield and Carl Peterson asks me to go from $3.1M to less than $2M with no other compensation, I'll tell him to go ahead and release me. Eric Warfield could easily land a contract on the open market that has a $5M signing bonus spread over several years, giving a team a starting corner for a cap number under $2M for the next couple years.

The Chiefs could lower EW's cap number for the next few years, but it would involve a significant signing bonus, more money actually flowing into his pockets, and a longer term commitment to him. I don't think that is what you are advocating, but I wouldn't be that surprised if it happened this off season.

We just don't have the flexibility to do much about the Warfield situation right now. He is a decent, if not great corner, who has an affordable contract.

KcMizzou
02-18-2006, 12:24 PM
Finally, I'm not the leader of the people.Somebody set us up the bomb.

RedThat
02-18-2006, 12:40 PM
I don't mind an occasional butchering of the English language. I misspell my share of words, for sure. But when someone intentionally violates conventions, I lose respect for that person's opinions. The vast majority of long-standing members of the board do not type in interwebese. I value that, and will do what little I can to maintain community standards (I can't believe I just typed that).

Back to Warfield. For the sake of arguement, lets say we cut him. Our options are:

a) start someone already on the roster

Who? Battle - he's coming off an injury and has struggled before then. Sapp - he's workable as a nickel back, but no way is he ready to start. Washington - he had a good game against Oakland, no doubt. However, based on the fact that no other team wanted him, he's old, and he can't beat out Warfield, I can't say that is a risk I'd be willing to take for a whole season. McCleon - we won't even go there.

b) sign a free agent

Our cap situation is not going to let us sign a large crop of free agents. If we are able to swing a deal for a high-dollar free agent, I would much rather it go to the defensive line, where our weaknesses are more severe. I have no reason to believe that a low-dollar free agent will perform as good as Warfield.

c) drafting a corner with a high draft choice

Again, I think we have more pressing needs than CB. I'd rather invest a high draft choice in the DL, WR, or OL. I don't think a low-round CB will immediately be able to start.

I think releasing Warfield would create a weaker defense. Since we do not have any options that allow us to address other glaring needs with a player that would either play better than Warfield at the same cost or play as well as Warfield but much cheaper, I am not in favor of cutting him.

First off, I respect your honesty. Thanks.

Thank you for taking the time to explain yourself and providing me with those lists of options, and case scenarios you have written there.

Personally, I believe, as I stated earlier, defensive line is the most important in improving a defense. Regardless, if its either pass or run. You and I all know, the Chiefs defensive line is horrible. Vermeil failed to see that. He thought it was ok. Turns out he was wrong. This is ultimately the direction I think we should take even IF lets say Warfield is released. So I agree with you on the defensive line.

I think we could use a DT, and DE. The problem with this defense underly when Vermeil was waaay too loyal to guys like Hicks. And Vermeil even stated we were fortunate to have Lional Dalton. This goes to show he was wrong all along. And Lional Dalton is if anything, a backup defensive tackle in this league. He was a starter with the Chiefs because we didn't have a good quality starter at that position.

I hope Herm can see we have problems here, and doesn't elect to go with the same players, and come out like Vermeil did, and say this is the Chiefs defense. Because thats all B.S.

With all this being said, in case Warfield is released, I wouldn't draft a CB. Nor sign a FA. CB is not pressing need on this team. If it were up to me, I would go with DeWayne Washington. He won't be expensive at all. Yes he is old. But, he does have experience, he is a veteran back there, and can play CB on a good day. He does have his bad days. But he can play when he has to. Ala Oakland game.

Battle is too raw, and giving the state our team is with age, i don't want to see us develop another CB. McCleon no thanks. Sapp is fine where he is. Washington is the best for us, and with our cap situation and the fact he has played here.

greg63
02-18-2006, 12:56 PM

FWIW, I don't care how many posts I have. It really doesn't make a damn bit of difference. I used it as evidence that I spend a lot of time on a Chiefs website. Other than that it means zero.

I've just read the last couple of posts and already I'm entertained; of course that's saying next to nothing.

Hydrae
02-18-2006, 01:16 PM
BTW, welcome to the Planet Cherry! Nice entrance, what do you do for a follow up? :)

Cherryontop
02-18-2006, 02:41 PM
What moves are going to be made to unload cap space?
Whats the cap hit if Warfield were to be released.I see the Patriots winning with no name corners,Pitt won with McFadden and Ike Taylor.It just doesnt seem wise to pony up to much money into one position like cornerback.The new rules dont really help corners,but the front 7 should always have the most importance and i would hope we balance the cap into other postions.

Phobia
02-18-2006, 02:47 PM
The cap hit to release Warfield is actually negative. We'd save almost $2 Mill if I recall correctly. His bonus wasn't significant when he signed the new contract 4 years ago.

luv
02-18-2006, 02:49 PM
Show some class? Why don't you try getting a sense of humor? People rib each other all the time for typos. Lighten up.

When trying to get a point across, people will take you a little more seriously if you show that you've taken the time to see how your point is being presented.

Short Leash Hootie
02-18-2006, 02:49 PM
I don't know if it has been mentioned already but I noticed a great improvement on his tackling skills this past year.

Short Leash Hootie
02-18-2006, 02:50 PM
The cap hit to release Warfield is actually negative. We'd save almost $2 Mill if I recall correctly. His bonus wasn't significant when he signed the new contract 4 years ago.
You learned that from Madden, didn't you?

Phobia
02-18-2006, 02:55 PM
I don't play Madden and I try not to listen to him either.

Therefore, I'm afraid your joke was wasted on me. Hopefully others enjoyed it though.

RedThat
02-18-2006, 02:55 PM
Whats the cap hit if Warfield were to be released.I see the Patriots winning with no name corners,Pitt won with McFadden and Ike Taylor.It just doesnt seem wise to pony up to much money into one position like cornerback.The new rules dont really help corners,but the front 7 should always have the most importance and i would hope we balance the cap into other postions.

You still need decent corners regardless. We have that. Warfield is decent. Surtain is great, so were fine at the CB position.

The front 4 as I highly stressed earlier is the place where we gotta improve. We've tried to improve our front four in the past and failed miserably. Eric Downing, Junior Siavii, Eddie Freeman are classic examples of DT guys this team drafted that fit the bill as underachievers. Dickie V's loyalty to Hicks was a big mistake. DV personally came out last year in the off-season and he said Defensive Line wasn't a problem. i remember him clearly, and precisely saying that to Kevin Keitzman on 810. With that being said, that negated the fact we didn't address the defensive line issues last off-season. and it showed on the football field glaringly. In other words, it came back to haunt us, and bite us in the a**.

*D-Line SHOULD be the #1 priority this team needs to address this off-season.
We need a new DE, and a DT. I do agree with you though, the front seven is the most important. We're almost there. We have some bright spots upfront....i.e., Jared Allen, Kawika Mitchell, and Derrick Johnson...we continously have to address the front seven, primarily the front four....and we'll be alright...At least I think so.

beer bacon
02-18-2006, 02:59 PM
Show some class? Why don't you try getting a sense of humor? People rib each other all the time for typos. Lighten up.

When trying to get a point across, people will take you a little more seriously if you show that you've taken the time to see how your point is being presented.

I think it is funny that he misspelled grammar when he called some of us "grammer whores."

RedThat
02-18-2006, 03:05 PM

Well, because I really don't see what your trying to prove with that comment. Im just being honest, and speaking my mind to you.

No offense to you or anything, I just don't see a point there. I really think what you said in that last post was pointless.

Phobia
02-18-2006, 03:10 PM
Maybe it's because you didn't get the joke. If I ever type something that seems pointless to you I'd like you to tilt your head back as far as it will go and cackle. Try it now please.

Act like you enjoyed it.

There, now you fit in because that's what everybody else was doing when they read my hilarious stylings. Now send me some money via paypal.

RedThat
02-18-2006, 03:12 PM
To whomever said Warfield still has a problem with alcohol - that's not exactly true. It's accurate because he considers himself an alcoholic, but from everything I've heard he no longer drinks.

Ok I was the one who said Warfield still has a problem with alcohol, and couldn't clean up his act.

The question I have, and may I please ask, do you have any sources to back up your statement on how you claim Warfield no longer has problems with alcohol? I'd like to see it. Im just one of those people that doesn't believe everything I hear.

milkman
02-18-2006, 03:12 PM

You argue that Warfield is not a good corner, and that he is largely responsible for the poor pass D.

Then, in the same thread, you point out that the Pats have been winning with no name corners, and that Pittsburgh won with a couple bums (to paraphrase), which essentailly negates the argument that Warfield is responsible for the Chiefs poor pass D.

Warfield is not a great corner.
He is, at best, a servicable #2 corner, who is overpaid.

However, with the rules slanted so much in the offense's favor, to expect anything more than solid corner play is unreasonable.

To field an outstanding pass D, you must have consistent pressure on the QB from the front four, and solid corner coverage.

With Surtain and Warfield, we have the second part of the equation in place.

We need to address the first part.

RedThat
02-18-2006, 03:14 PM
Maybe it's because you didn't get the joke. If I ever type something that seems pointless to you I'd like you to tilt your head back as far as it will go and cackle. Try it now please.

Act like you enjoyed it.

There, now you fit in because that's what everybody else was doing when they read my hilarious stylings. Now send me some money via paypal.

ROFL ROFL ROFL now that WAS funny. I gotta good chuckle out of that.

Phobia
02-18-2006, 03:16 PM
Ok I was the one who said Warfield still has a problem with alcohol, and couldn't clean up his act.

The question I have, and may I please ask, do you have any sources to back up your statement on how you claim Warfield no longer has problems with alcohol? I'd like to see it. Im just one of those people that doesn't believe everything I hear.

Sources? Like links to news stories?

No, I don't. I've read several accounts in the newspaper.

The clincher for me was I met a guy who runs one of the casinos - he claims most of the team comes into their facilities at one time or another. He indicated that Warfield is dryer than Arizona now.

RedThat
02-18-2006, 03:17 PM
You argue that Warfield is not a good corner, and that he is largely responsible for the poor pass D.

Then, in the same thread, you point out that the Pats have been winning with no name corners, and that Pittsburgh won with a couple bums (to paraphrase), which essentailly negates the argument that Warfield is responsible for the Chiefs poor pass D.

However, with the rules slanted so much in the offense's favor, to expect anything more than solid corner play is unreasonable.

To field an outstanding pass D, you must have consistent pressure on the QB from the front four, and solid corner coverage.

Good point Sidewinder. He does have a point Cherry. This is by far the best post in this thread. By far.

RedThat
02-18-2006, 03:19 PM

Egg-fugg'n-zackly. Your post has some good quality to it. All from what you said, is what I've been trying to highly stress all along. Your getting some rep.

Phobia
02-18-2006, 03:19 PM
ROFL ROFL ROFL now that WAS funny. I gotta good chuckle out of that.

Now don't you feel silly? All of my posts on this thread should have evoked this response.

We've ALL been laughing OAO at you and your partner since he started this thread. Everybody. That's like, 8,000 people plus the lurkers have been laughing at you two throughout the thread.

RedThat
02-18-2006, 03:22 PM
Sources? Like links to news stories?

No, I don't. I've read several accounts in the newspaper.

The clincher for me was I met a guy who runs one of the casinos - he claims most of the team comes into their facilities at one time or another. He indicated that Warfield is dryer than Arizona now.

Yes. Like news stories. Thats what I meant.

Well, then your just going by word of mouth. Who really knows if thats true?

RedThat
02-18-2006, 03:26 PM
Now don't you feel silly? All of my posts on this thread should have evoked this response.

We've ALL been laughing OAO at you and your partner since he started this thread. Everybody. That's like, 8,000 people plus the lurkers have been laughing at you two throughout the thread.

Well I just might as well crawl into a corner. I feel embarrassed and ashamed by all this. My golly. Chief fans are laughing at me and friend, ok.

Yup. I think not. I really don't care if people are laughing at me. I really don't care. honestly, this is a fun thread. Im enjoying it.

Phobia
02-18-2006, 03:27 PM
Yes. Like news stories. Thats what I meant.

Well, then your just going by word of mouth. Who really knows if thats true?

Well, after 10 years of watching online posters word of mouth stories about players I've gotten a pretty good feel for the ones who are fabricating crap in an effort to gain attention and those who really know something.

You can either gain that same knowledge through 10 years of observing (at which time Warfield will have long been retired) or you can just kinda take my word for it. Doesn't matter to me either way.

Did you need to read it from the fingertips of a paid journalist?

Phobia
02-18-2006, 03:29 PM
Well I just might as well crawl into a corner. I feel embarrassed and ashamed by all this. My golly. Chief fans are laughing at me and friend, ok.

Yup. I think not. I really don't care if people are laughing at me. I really don't care. honestly, this is a fun thread. Im enjoying it.

Please don't crawl into a corner. Keep posting. Tell your bloody friend to come back and post too. I miss him.

Skip Towne
02-18-2006, 03:31 PM
You let a n00b in and he goes and gets all his retarded friends. :cuss:

RedThat
02-18-2006, 03:36 PM
Well, after 10 years of watching online posters word of mouth stories about players I've gotten a pretty good feel for the ones who are fabricating crap in an effort to gain attention and those who really know something.

You can either gain that same knowledge through 10 years of observing (at which time Warfield will have long been retired) or you can just kinda take my word for it. Doesn't matter to me either way.

Did you need to read it from the fingertips of a paid journalist?

Well, it depends on the journalist. if it's Nick Athan, nope, I won't believe it.

If it's coming from a creditable source like Espn, NFL sirius, etc...Yes I believe. I believe what I see, thats how I am, especially if its coming from a source that is known to be accurate. Basically what Im saying is, a source that is known to be creditable, and has good past reputation. That is what I base my beliefs on. I go by either creditability/reputation.

I see what you mean though Phobia. You've been here quite some time, and from what I see, you seem like a guy who is observant. Since you've been here a while, Im sure you've seen a lot, enough to know who is bologny, and who is telling the truth. It is a smart way of looking at things. I understand where your coming from.

RedThat
02-18-2006, 03:39 PM
You let a n00b in and he goes and gets all his retarded friends. :cuss:

Pardon me sir, I take it your calling me retarded?

Please excuse me, while I call you ignorant.

Skip Towne
02-18-2006, 03:43 PM
Pardon me sir, I take it your calling me retarded?

Please excuse me, while I call you ignorant.
You don't have much reading comprehension do you dipshit? I said your retarded friends. But you're just as bad or worse.

RedThat
02-18-2006, 03:57 PM
You don't have much reading comprehension do you dipshit? I said your retarded friends. But you're just as bad or worse.

Listen pal, don't you be trying to f*ck'n twist things around here. Are you trying to create a scapegoat for yourself? This is exactly what you said, "you let a n00b in(so really I don't know who you are referring to when you say "you") and he goes out and gets all his retarded friends"(which from what I see, it seems as if your making an assumption that he, Cherryontop, came out and brought me to post in this thread, when you don't even know yourself, which make your post laughable to say least).

Did you not read this entire thread? I said I am Cherryontops friend. I came out, and Im honest, I admit it. Again, you said, "AND he goes out and gets his retarded friends. So, your taking a jab at me by saying that. Now, he did not go out of his way to come in and get me to post here. I posted out of my own will. So don't fugg'n make any assumptions. And I am the one with reading comprehensions?
STFU

Skip Towne
02-18-2006, 03:59 PM
Listen pal, don't you be trying to f*ck'n twist things around here. Are you trying to create a scapegoat for yourself? This is exactly what you said, "you let a n00b in(so really I don't know who you are referring to when you say "you") and he goes out and gets all his retarded friends"(which from what I see, it seems as if your making an assumption that he, Cherryontop, came out and brought me to post in this thread, when you don't even know yourself, which make your post laughable to say least).

Did you not read this entire thread? I said I am Cherryontops friend. I came out, and Im honest, I admit it. Again, you said, "AND he goes out and gets his retarded friends. So, your taking a jab at me by saying that. Now, he did not go out of his way to come in and get me to post here. I posted out of my own will. So don't fugg'n make any assumptions. And I am the one with reading comprehensions?
STFU
You're even dumber than I thought, pal.

RedThat
02-18-2006, 04:00 PM
And you did not say "your" Skip towne...You said "all". "All" means me, RedBull.

Cherryontop
02-18-2006, 04:00 PM
Then, in the same thread, you point out that the Pats have been winning with no name corners, and that Pittsburgh won with a couple bums (to paraphrase), which essentailly negates the argument that Warfield is responsible for the Chiefs poor pass D.{sidewinder}

Whats up homies??? I missed this place.Now lets go back to what i said,Warfield is a problem.We need a better front 7,BUT Warfield still must go with that salary that he doesnt deserve.I NEVER SAID HE WAS THE ONLY PROBLEM,LOL.Trust me,this defense has so many more holes,but i would be here forever if i went position by postion,lol.

I know that some of you posters cant stand me,even though i still havent stooped to your levels,lol.
Dont worry Redbull,i think its all good.I never thought one simple question would get so much response.Too bad most of it is attack Cherrytop,lets insult him.

Whatever boys and girls,but dont get so mad at Redbull.He bleeds red and yellow and is a great guy.If you need to throw insults at someone,throw them at me.
P.S Redbull,i never said Warfield was the ONLY problem.The defense stinks as a whole,but Warfield is a over paid below average corner to say it nicely!

RedThat
02-18-2006, 04:01 PM
You're even dumber than I thought, pal.

No no...your fuggn dumb. You think you can work your way around, your not fooling me.

luv
02-18-2006, 04:09 PM
If it's coming from a creditable source like Espn, NFL sirius, etc...Yes I believe. I believe what I see, thats how I am, especially if its coming from a source that is known to be accurate. Basically what Im saying is, a source that is known to be creditable, and has good past reputation. That is what I base my beliefs on. I go by either creditability/reputation.
So you DO believe what you hear.

Skip Towne
02-18-2006, 04:15 PM
No no...your fuggn dumb. You think you can work your way around, your not fooling me.
"work my way around"? What an idiot. Do you know the difference between your and you're? No, you don't. Back to the fifth grade with you.

Cherryontop
02-18-2006, 04:36 PM
Skip Towne,back to the fifth grade WITH you?????
YOU ARE one smooth cat.How about "say it,dont spray it!"
Remember that,lol.This board amuses me!

Home of the Chieeeeeeeeefssssssss!

luv
02-18-2006, 04:41 PM
Skip Towne,back to the fifth grade WITH you?????
YOU ARE one smooth cat.How about "say it,dont spray it!"
Remember that,lol.This board amuses me!

Home of the Chieeeeeeeeefssssssss!
Whenever Phobia was talking smack to you, you came back by repeating what he said to you back to him. Now, you do the same thing here. Why not try being original?

One question for you. Are you on something?

Cherryontop
02-18-2006, 05:28 PM
What are you in the fifth grade?How ORIGINAL dumbass.Wait,i got one better,how about the REPEATED posts over some stupid minor typing error i made,and calling me not credible because i made a little $Hit%y mistake.

What do you want,do you want a cherry on top of your cake?

Skip Towne
02-18-2006, 05:32 PM
What are you in the fifth grade?How ORIGINAL dumbass.Wait,i got one better,how about the REPEATED posts over some stupid minor typing error i made,and calling me not credible because i made a little $Hit%y mistake.

Shut up n00b.

luv
Who, me? I prefer icing on my cake. I do like cherries on my sundaes though.

Cherryontop
Let me count all of the "your dumb,or your dumber"posts that have been repeated over AND over.

VERY ORIGINAL,lol.

Whats next?

Go Chiefs!!

Cherryontop
02-18-2006, 05:34 PM
I mean you are,no wait,i mean your,no wait,i mean your...ahhhh,youll figure it out lol

luv
02-18-2006, 05:35 PM
Let me count all of the "your dumb,or your dumber"posts that have been repeated over AND over.

VERY ORIGINAL,lol.

Whats next?

Go Chiefs!!
They're not talking smack when they say that. They're simply stating fact. They would stop repeating themselves, but the point doesn't seem to be sinking in.

KcMizzou
02-18-2006, 05:40 PM
I came out, and Im honest, I admit it. Heh.

Hey, good for you.

Skip Towne
02-18-2006, 05:46 PM
Heh.

Hey, good for you.
Yeah, Red Bull and Cherry boy are sharing a little man love.

Dinny Blues
02-18-2006, 06:13 PM
Dinny

milkman
02-18-2006, 06:32 PM
Whats up homies??? I missed this place.Now lets go back to what i said,Warfield is a problem.We need a better front 7,BUT Warfield still must go with that salary that he doesnt deserve.I NEVER SAID HE WAS THE ONLY PROBLEM,LOL.Trust me,this defense has so many more holes,but i would be here forever if i went position by postion,lol.

After cutting Warfield, you'll get a small cap savings that you can use to go out and sign a 2nd tier FA, who'll liklely be less solid than Warfield, so there's no benefit to cutting him.

Because there are so many issues to address in the front 7, any money spent upgrading the defense has to be used to target those issues.

I know that some of you posters cant stand me,even though i still havent stooped to your levels,lol.
Dont worry Redbull,i think its all good.I never thought one simple question would get so much response.Too bad most of it is attack Cherrytop,lets insult him.

What I am about to say is not intended as an insult.
It is intended as constuctive criticism.

Some posters have a problem with your inability to form a coherent sentence.
Your sentences are choppy, poorly puntuated, and poorly spelled.
It makes them difficult to read, and suggests a lack of education, which, in turn, leads to questions of credibility.

The only barometer of your education and intelligience that we have is the words that your write in your posts.

Oh, and at the bottom right of every post is a quote button.

Phobia
02-18-2006, 06:48 PM
The only level I've "stooped" to is being a sarcastic funnyman along with providing some accurate analysis of Eric Warfield's performances.

The crap you've taken personally from me was 100% sarcasm and inside jokes.

Dinny Blues
02-18-2006, 06:58 PM
These guys can't be real.

I think it's Salisbury and Hoge taken to a different level.

I'm not sure which would be funnier, though.

Dinny

Skip Towne
02-18-2006, 07:02 PM
I hope they come back. I was having fun toying with them.

Dunit35
02-18-2006, 07:05 PM
I watched the KC. vs. Cincy game last night and I noticed something.

On one play we had an all out blitz. They threw a short 5 yard slant and completed it, Warfield was there to make the tackle. But what I didn't get was Warfield playing 7-8 yards off of the WR. It's in all out blitz get in the WR's face.

But Warfield is a solid #2 corner. Great tackling skills and pretty good coverage skills as well.

Cherryontop
02-18-2006, 07:07 PM
Actually i belong to other boards and im highly respected over there.NOBODY cares about a simple grammer error.I have never had anyone complain about how i type.But over here,i guess some of you just cant find anything else to talk about.Talk about nitpicky lil fags.I think some of you have man love for each other.You sound like a bunch of nerds who hi 5 each other when another poster makes a simple error,lol.
Oh im real.But back to the topic that no one cares about{Warfield stinks}

Cherryontop
02-18-2006, 07:09 PM
The crap you've taken personally from me was 100% sarcasm and inside jokes.

Are you the next Seinfeld?

KcMizzou
02-18-2006, 07:11 PM
Talk about nitpicky lil fags.Dude, your name is "Cherry on top".

Cherryontop
02-18-2006, 07:15 PM
I never wrote rump rangers.I wrote another word,but i guess the board mods change what others write.What the hell is a rump ranger,lol?

AirForceChief
02-18-2006, 07:17 PM
Warfield is a top 2nd Tier CB getting good 1st Tier money...not his fault. In fact, good for him. Somebody's stickin' it to CP (Oh, and the cap. Crap.)

Cherryontop
02-18-2006, 07:18 PM
Cherry on top,as in Herm Edwards.He used that line a lot back in NY.It was in reference to the stupid question the media would repeat.I thought it was hilarious,maybe it was the way he said it,but if you ever get the chance to watch the Nfl Network,look for coachspeak specials,or In their own words with Herm.This coach is a blast.

Phobia
02-18-2006, 07:19 PM
I think some of you have man love for each other.

I wasn't going to go there because I respect Canadians, but you're the dude who goes by "Cherryontop" and you got invited here by your friend "Red Bull". I don't have to be gay to understand the implications of those two names together, dude. I think you're here scoping for talent. I'm fat and married (to a female) so I'm not interested.

Phobia
02-18-2006, 07:23 PM
Warfield is a top 2nd Tier CB getting good 1st Tier money...not his fault. In fact, good for him. Somebody's stickin' it to CP (Oh, and the cap. Crap.)
Even that is incorrect. First Tier CB's make $5+ mill per season. Warfield's average salary per year including bonus and including the last 3 years of his deal is just over $3 Mill.

Dinny Blues
02-18-2006, 07:26 PM
I've met Seinfeld.

I've met Phobia.

Seinfeld couldn't carry Phobia's keyboard.

Dinny

luv
02-18-2006, 07:27 PM
Actually i belong to other boards and im highly respected over there.NOBODY cares about a simple grammer error.I have never had anyone complain about how i type.But over here,i guess some of you just cant find anything else to talk about.Talk about nitpicky lil Rump Rangers.I think some of you have man love for each other.You sound like a bunch of nerds who hi 5 each other when another poster makes a simple error,lol.
AOL and Yahoo chatrooms don't count.

Phobia
02-18-2006, 07:30 PM
I've met Seinfeld.

I've met Phobia.

Seinfeld couldn't carry Phobia's keyboard.

Dinny

That's either a very tricky insult or very high praise.

It's unfortunate but I couldn't carry Seinfeld's wallet.

milkman
02-18-2006, 07:30 PM
AOL and Yahoo chatrooms don't count.

Is that because they never learned how to count?

luv
02-18-2006, 07:32 PM
Is that because they never learned how to count?
Among many other things, probably.

Fruit Ninja
02-18-2006, 07:34 PM
this thread makes me cry a lil inside. lol

Dinny Blues
02-18-2006, 07:36 PM
That's either a very tricky insult or very high praise.

It's unfortunate but I couldn't carry Seinfeld's wallet.

Hands down, high praise.

Rich Scanlon could carry Seinfeld's wallet.

Dinny

Cherryontop
02-18-2006, 07:36 PM
Phobia,you have finally decided to write a post about the team.Hi 5 buddy!

And trust me,Redbull has a hottie girlfriend.A sweet ass polish girl.Mine is a tall Maltese girl,thank you very much.

Phobia
02-18-2006, 07:39 PM
I've written tons of posts about the team on this thread, Cherryontop.

I have a white Maltese. I'll bet the peanut butter drives her nuts, huh?

Cherryontop
02-18-2006, 07:41 PM
Whats better,a show about nothing,or a thread about nothing,lol?

You guys crack me up.I can count the times Warfield has been burnt,i can count his wasted Salary,and i can count the useless gang attacks by some of the posters here.What ever floats your boat,lol.

Cherryontop
02-18-2006, 07:43 PM
Actually she will try just about anything,and while i was looking for someone more serious,im still young enough to enjoy the endless posibilties with my hottie!

Phobia
02-18-2006, 07:44 PM
I've found that threads generally take on the personality of the one who started it.

Like I said, that's a general observation that may or may not be appropriate in this case.

Cherryontop
02-18-2006, 07:51 PM
This is a great start dont you think,lol.

Rain Man
02-18-2006, 07:53 PM

You guys crack me up.I can count the times Warfield has been burnt,i can count his wasted Salary,and i can count the useless gang attacks by some of the posters here.What ever floats your boat,lol.

I'm calling your bluff. I want to see numbers.

Cherryontop
02-18-2006, 07:55 PM
Since the very first page, i was bombarded with you are a retard and learn how to type crap?Is that how you guys run this ship.I was hoping to get more decent replies.But 14 pages of childish remarks shows the personality im going to need to last on this board.

luv
02-18-2006, 07:57 PM
Since the very first page, i was bombarded with you are a retard and learn how to type crap?Is that how you guys run this ship.I was hoping to get more decent replies.But 14 pages of childish remarks shows the personality im going to need to last on this board.
Finally! :clap:

That was a halfway decent comeback (at least I thought so). I knew you had it in you. Actually, no I didn't. You surprised me.

Cherryontop
02-18-2006, 08:00 PM
:clap:

Phobia
02-18-2006, 08:01 PM

You're retarted is another inside joke. You fell into that trap.

But you're right. You should find another message board. I'd check out all the retarted kids on ESPN if I were you.

58-4ever
02-18-2006, 08:03 PM
yeah nOOb. :p

Cherryontop
02-18-2006, 08:05 PM
No thanks, i like dealing with the retards here who somehow think i fell into a trap.You guys rock.There is so much more entertainment here!

Correction,Phobia rocks!

58-4ever
02-18-2006, 08:09 PM
your thumb should rest on the spacebar. I don't know why it's so hard for you to use. :harumph:

milkman
02-18-2006, 08:11 PM
Actually i belong to other boards and im highly respected over there.NOBODY cares about a simple grammer error.I have never had anyone complain about how i type.But over here,i guess some of you just cant find anything else to talk about.Talk about nitpicky lil Rump Rangers.I think some of you have man love for each other.You sound like a bunch of nerds who hi 5 each other when another poster makes a simple error,lol.

Warfield doesn't "stink".
He's not worth the money he's making, but there is no benefit to restructuring, or to cutting him.

We're stuck with him and his contract.

Cherryontop
02-18-2006, 08:15 PM
Are you the same guys that just bashed Tony G because he wouldnt sign something for you? Now thats funny to me.Thats it,Tony G is over rated,Warfield isnt.Case closed,lol.

That looks like an even better thread than this!

AirForceChief
02-18-2006, 08:17 PM
Warfield doesn't "stink".
He's not worth the money he's making, but there is no benefit to restructuring, or to cutting him.

We're stuck with him and his contract.

Dear Lord! The seemingly sane people just keep repeating themselves to no avail...

milkman
02-18-2006, 08:22 PM
Are you the same guys that just bashed Tony G because he wouldnt sign something for you? Now thats funny to me.Thats it,Tony G is over rated,Warfield isnt.Case closed,lol.

First, I never said that Warfield is underrated.

He is what he is, a solid, if unspectacular, corner, converted from the saftey position.

I've tried twice to make it clear that there is no practicality to cutting him, and there is no benefit is restructuring his contract to get his salary to a level that's more equal to his value.

And as for Tony G, I am the one that said he's overrated, but that has nothing to do with with refusal to sign contracts.

Phobia
02-18-2006, 08:25 PM
You must be French-Canadian. That would explain everything.

Cherryontop
02-18-2006, 08:35 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I said you think Tony G is over rated,I NEVER said that you thought Warfield was underrated.Read between the lines.

Halfcan
02-18-2006, 08:36 PM

There is a "Thread about Nothing".

Cherryontop
02-18-2006, 08:37 PM
Actually im Italian.I only live in Canada because my family moved here back in 1967.

Thanks for trying,now you are the weakest link,good bye!

milkman
02-18-2006, 08:39 PM

I said you think Tony G is over rated,I NEVER said that you thought Warfield was underrated.Read between the lines.

Read between the lines?
It's already difficult enough to read YOUR lines, much less between them.

Cherryontop
02-18-2006, 08:45 PM
With a straight face,can you honestly say that my writing is so bad that you are not able to
understand my posts?

AirForceChief
02-18-2006, 08:48 PM
Actually im Italian.I only live in Canada because my family moved here back in 1967.

Thanks for trying,now you are the weakest link,good bye!

"You are the weakest link?" What a shite reference...how is it you think you can dismiss someone...plus, why would you?

milkman
02-18-2006, 08:51 PM
With a straight face,can you honestly say that my writing is so bad that you are not able to
understand my posts?

They are difficult to read.

Fruit Ninja
02-18-2006, 08:55 PM

You guys crack me up.I can count the times Warfield has been burnt,i can count his wasted Salary,and i can count the useless gang attacks by some of the posters here.What ever floats your boat,lol.Count them up then? 2 times in buffalo. NOw take the best corners in the league and count them up, i bet you they are about the same.

Cherryontop
02-18-2006, 09:43 PM
They are difficult to read.{sidewinder}

Were you actually laughing deep inside,or just trying your best not to burst out with laughter?

Chief Roundup
02-18-2006, 09:45 PM
Wow....

milkman
02-18-2006, 09:48 PM
They are difficult to read.{sidewinder}

Were you actually laughing deep inside,or just trying your best not to burst out with laughter?

I'm done.

Phobia
02-18-2006, 09:50 PM
This has to be a joke. Who the hell is playing a joke on us?

Chief Roundup
02-18-2006, 09:53 PM
Hey there Cherry if you are around here much you will eventually figure out the different personalities that run through this place.
Vlad Logicslav use to be known as Logical and then something happened and he changed. So then his name changed. He has been very negative and has a thorn stuck over that "something" the Chiefs did or didn't do so now he is very negative. I liked the old Logical but the new guy I pretty much don't pay attention to.

milkman
02-18-2006, 09:57 PM
This has to be a joke. Who the hell is playing a joke on us?

The Universe? :shrug:

Wile_E_Coyote
02-18-2006, 10:07 PM
why was the can of corn marked down?
dents

Calcountry
02-19-2006, 09:38 AM
No thanks, i like dealing with the retards here who somehow think i fell into a trap.You guys rock.There is so much more entertainment here!

Correction,Phobia rocks!Hit the space bar twice after periods.

Calcountry
02-19-2006, 09:40 AM
This has to be a joke. Who the hell is playing a joke on us?Tom Cash? KC Johnny? work your way backward through the dipshits.

htismaqe
02-19-2006, 09:49 AM

Anyways....

You come here to ask a question and end up looking like a huge dumbass...

Gee, I wonder how that happened...

Skip Towne
02-19-2006, 10:01 AM
You come here to ask a question and end up looking like a huge dumbass...

Gee, I wonder how that happened...
Hahahahaha The hits just keep on coming.

RedThat
02-19-2006, 10:49 AM
So you DO believe what you hear.

Only if it comes from a creditable source.

RedThat
02-19-2006, 10:51 AM
Yeah, Red Bull and Cherry boy are sharing a little man love.

Yeah :rolleyes:

And so are you and your 20 other Chief fans.

RedThat
02-19-2006, 11:01 AM
"work my way around"? What an idiot. Do you know the difference between your and you're? No, you don't. Back to the fifth grade with you.

Yes I do know the difference. I really don't care. I can't believe people here are so concerned about grammar and spelling, it's completely gay. Maybe this board should be an english board? With online classes at Chiefsplanet,lol

Since some of you like to take jabs at our spelling and grammar, why don't some of you become English teachers?

"Back to the 5th grade?" Whatever ROFL geek

RedThat
02-19-2006, 11:14 AM
Shut up n00b.

Ooooo....watch out for Skip Towne.

Yup....Phobia was right, he'd take Cherryontop over his knee and spank him with a willow switch ROFL

I've seen this whole n00b thing around on other message boards, and it's a little stale.

Perhaps you should try another comeback?

cdcox
02-19-2006, 11:18 AM
Yes, I do know the difference. I really don't care. I can't believe people here are so concerned about grammar and spelling; it's completely gay. Maybe this board should be an English board? With online classes at Chiefsplanet,lol (<-- this is a fragment, consider revising)

Since some of you like to take jabs at our spelling and grammar, why don't some of you become English teachers?

"Back to the 5th grade?" Whatever. ROFL Geek.

I hope you appreciate my efforts.

RedThat
02-19-2006, 11:27 AM
I hope you appreciate my efforts.

Ok, I will consider you to be the next candidate as an english teacher on Chiefsplanet.

Cherryontop
02-19-2006, 01:13 PM
Ooooo....watch out for Skip Towne.

Yup....Phobia was right, he'd take Cherryontop over his knee and spank him with a willow switch ROFL

I've seen this whole n00b thing around on other message boards, and it's a little stale.

Perhaps you should try another comeback?

What's up Redbull? Dont worry about it,Skippy is too busy "spanking" Phobia as we speak.

RedThat
02-19-2006, 01:30 PM
What's up Redbull? Dont worry about it,Skippy is too busy "spanking" Phobia as we speak.

Oh I can imagine Skip dressed up as a dominatrix, and Phobia dressed up as his slave. Skips probably got the leash out, the whip, and spanking Phobes in the rear.

He should be anyway. Phobes kinda called him out.

How can I forget that? There is probably a little man love going on there.

luv
02-19-2006, 01:34 PM
Oh I can imagine Skip dressed up as a dominatrix, and Phobia dressed up as his slave. Skips probably got the leash out, the whip, and spanking Phobes in the rear.

You two deserve each other. Unoriginality. They call you gay so you try to throw it back and run with it. Sounds like you sure do know a lot about it though. :hmmm:

leviw
02-19-2006, 01:35 PM

You two are disasters.

Phobia
02-19-2006, 01:46 PM
Gents, seriously - there's only 2 good things about Canada.

Pamela Anderson

RedThat
02-19-2006, 01:54 PM
You two deserve each other. Unoriginality. They call you gay so you try to throw it back and run with it. Sounds like you sure do know a lot about it though. :hmmm:

Well, Im sorry but if people on this BB are going to constantly criticize us on our spelling and grammar over a Warfield topic, don't you think that's gay?

Well I do. So therefore, I think those people are gay.

I come to a conclusion, I figured out what kind of people we have on this board. It seems like a lot of people on here are sharks. When one person is in disagreement with another, people like you have to look for ways to jump in and rip us over something.

You just keep doing what your doing, roll along with these idiots, you're nothing but a follower. And I see plenty of followers here. Where is your originality?

RedThat
02-19-2006, 01:55 PM
You two are disasters.

ROFL ROFL

RedThat
02-19-2006, 01:56 PM

Pamela Anderson

What? No Shania Twain?

*And our beer is better than yours btw

Skip Towne
02-19-2006, 01:57 PM

Why I oughta...................rochambeau

Cherryontop
02-19-2006, 01:59 PM

Pamela Anderson

What about Jennifer Love Hewitt?

Oh, and beer!!

Phobia
02-19-2006, 02:00 PM
Well, Im sorry but if people on this BB are going to constantly criticize us on our spelling and grammar over a Warfield topic, don't you think that's gay?

Actually.... you've been cool for a long time. Your buddy is the dufus. Sometimes you don't have to claim your friends when they're retarded, just pretend you don't know them.

Phobia
02-19-2006, 02:02 PM
What? No Shania Twain?

*And our beer is better than yours btw
No, actually your shitty beer is about the same as our shitty beer.

Moosehead & Amstel = Miller & Bud

We have good beer just like you have good beer. Unfortunately our good brewers can't afford multi-million dollar ad campaigns.

Cherryontop
02-19-2006, 02:03 PM

Okay buddy.Who are you to tell us about originality.I have already seen this post a number of times.Did you run out of thoughts already?

Keep kissing butt,you are doing a great job Donkey humper!

luv
02-19-2006, 02:04 PM

Well I do. So therefore, I think those people are gay.

I come to a conclusion, I figured out what kind of people we have on this board. It seems like a lot of people on here are sharks. When one person is in disagreement with another, people like you have to look for ways to jump in and rip us over something.

You just keep doing what your doing, roll along with these idiots, you're nothing but a follower. And I see plenty of followers here. Where is your originality?
You think I always agree with these huys? No. I don't.
If you thought they were gay, you didn't say so until after they said that about you. Your friend, Cherry, has done it on several occasions in this thread.

It's like saying, "I know you are, but what am I?" Grow up. Is it your fault your friend can't type? Just so you know, they wouldn't have taken it any further if you guys hadn't gotten so defensive over it. That's the type of thing that eggs these guys on.