PDA

View Full Version : Julian Peterson to hit the market

The Bad Guy
02-17-2006, 04:37 PM
I know Gun said last year he was his #1 target. I'd really, really like to add him.

A linebacker core of Peterson, Mitchell and DJ would be ridiculous. Peterson is 10x the backer that Bell is.

I know we need upgrades on the line, but if they can restructure and clear enough space, he'd be a very nice addition.

banyon
02-17-2006, 04:40 PM
Julian Peterson?

I'm all in.

SBK
02-17-2006, 04:42 PM
He'll end up in Cleveland. My 2 cents.

gblowfish
02-17-2006, 04:43 PM
He's got bad knees. Damaged Goods.
Maz all over again.

58-4ever
02-17-2006, 04:46 PM
He certainly would be suited to play cover 2. He is one of the best coverage linebackers in the league when he was healthy. I would want some assurance on that.

CHENZ A!
02-17-2006, 04:49 PM
YES! We won't have to watch him manhandle Gonzo next yr.

The Bad Guy
02-17-2006, 04:50 PM
He's got bad knees. Damaged Goods.
Maz all over again.

He tore his achillies 2 years ago.

Damaged goods?

Hardly.

Cochise
02-17-2006, 04:51 PM
I think I just innoculated.

gblowfish
02-17-2006, 04:54 PM
He tore his achillies 2 years ago.

Damaged goods?

Hardly.Right you are, torn achillies, not a knee. Torn achillies is worse. Just ask Kimball Anders what it did for his career.

The Bad Guy
02-17-2006, 04:56 PM
Right you are, torn achillies, not a knee. Torn achillies is worse. Just ask Kimball Anders what it did for his career.

And Peterson came back from it and played well last year.

gblowfish
02-17-2006, 05:00 PM
And Peterson came back from it and played well last year.And Kendrell Bell's shoulder is sound as a pound...
Hey man, if you want to roll the dice on injured players, let's play Key Fox in that spot and save the free agent bucks for a pass rushing defensive end..and get that speed bump E Hicks off the payroll.

ArrowheadHawk
02-17-2006, 05:00 PM
if he can make our defense better i say go get him

BigChiefFan
02-17-2006, 05:12 PM
Julian Peterson is one of the best coverage outside LBers in the game. He would definitely upgrade the position, but I'm afraid we already have too much money tied up at that particular position.

I'm not sure what Barber or Bell's cap hit would be, but we definitely can't afford all 3 of them.

banyon
02-17-2006, 05:29 PM
Julian Peterson is one of the best coverage outside LBers in the game. He would definitely upgrade the position, but I'm afraid we already have too much money tied up at that particular position.

I'm not sure what Barber or Bell's cap hit would be, but we definitely can't afford all 3 of them.

This is a problem?

Woodrow Call
02-17-2006, 05:35 PM
I believe Peterson was on Gun's list last offseason.

Skip Towne
02-17-2006, 05:36 PM
I think I just innoculated.
All of you disease ridden MUrons should be innoculated.

ZootedGranny
02-17-2006, 05:56 PM
Damn, I'd love it, but considering that following tradition, this should be a "down year" for FA spending, I don't see it happening. Then again, I think Carl has a hard on for Julian, because I remember him personally inquiring about him before he was tagged.

Cut Barber, and throw Bell into a viper's nest.

I wonder if they'd move DJ to ROLB. Have Peterson lock down the TE and have DJ busting heads.

CHENZ A!
02-17-2006, 06:05 PM
I just have a feeling that Bell will be back next yr, but they may restructure his contract. What about adding JP, keeping Bell and playing 3-4 base D?

Chief Roundup
02-17-2006, 06:40 PM
All of you disease ridden MUrons should be innoculated.

That was a good one for a cable guy.

Chief Roundup
02-17-2006, 06:41 PM
I just have a feeling that Bell will be back next yr, but they may restructure his contract. What about adding JP, keeping Bell and playing 3-4 base D?
We don't have a true NT for the 3-4.

Skip Towne
02-17-2006, 06:44 PM
That was a good one for a cable guy.
Dammit, I'm NOT the cable guy.

Sfeihc
02-17-2006, 06:45 PM
Cp threw down the gauntlet by his remarks last year on Peterson. If the dude hits the free agent market CP has to get the deal signed sealed and delivered.

Chief Roundup
02-17-2006, 06:54 PM
You sure act just like the movie depicted one to be oops.

The Bad Guy
02-17-2006, 07:39 PM
And Kendrell Bell's shoulder is sound as a pound...
Hey man, if you want to roll the dice on injured players, let's play Key Fox in that spot and save the free agent bucks for a pass rushing defensive end..and get that speed bump E Hicks off the payroll.

You can hide a shoulder injury.

You can't hide an achillies. If he was so hurt, how did he rack up 82 tackles and 3 sacks while missing the first four games while recovering.

Who in the FA market at DE are you going to throw big bucks on?

Chiefnj
02-17-2006, 08:36 PM
There's a big difference between Bell and Peterson's situation. Peterson has a whole season of football under his belt after his injury. He played well during that time. Bell was signed right off of an injury and was never recovered; or so the excuse goes.

Kerberos
02-17-2006, 09:18 PM

But you are kinda psycho!

And you do install devices for people to get entertainment on thier TV's.

Makes you pretty damn close to a "Cable Guy" in most books!

j/k

:D

BTW: ***K Peterson .... We've got Rich Scanlon. He would tear the top off Petersons head and eat corn flakes out of his skull!

:thumb:

gblowfish
02-17-2006, 09:51 PM
[QUOTE=The Bad Guy]You can hide a shoulder injury.

You can't hide an achillies. If he was so hurt, how did he rack up 82 tackles and 3 sacks while missing the first four games while recovering.

Who in the FA market at DE are you going to throw big bucks on?[/QUOTE
John Abraham looks like a good fit:
http://tinyurl.com/7dnwk

beer bacon
02-17-2006, 09:58 PM
He has a spinal contusion.

The Bad Guy
02-17-2006, 10:35 PM
[QUOTE=The Bad Guy]You can hide a shoulder injury.

Who in the FA market at DE are you going to throw big bucks on?[/QUOTE
John Abraham looks like a good fit:
http://tinyurl.com/7dnwk

HA.

Yeah, lets throw a lot of money, and draft picks, at the Jets franchise player.

He's a part-time player, who is undersized and can't play the run. Bryan Thomas started last year because Abraham is a liability against the run. He's great at getting to the QB, but if you're going to pay a guy a boatload of money, he better be good at more than one thing.

Pairing him and Jared Allen is begging for teams to run off tackle all game.

Plus, he sat out playoff games because he didn't want to hinder his contract status.

I'd pay Julian Peterson 10x over before I'd pay John Abraham once.

Hydrae
02-18-2006, 12:54 AM
We don't have a true NT for the 3-4.

Sam Adams is a free agent. :)

Johnson&Johnson
02-18-2006, 01:09 AM
Julian is a stud. But let's concentrate on who we can draft ourselves.

Thomas Howard - UTEP anyone????

beavis
02-18-2006, 01:20 AM
Yeah, lets throw a lot of money, and draft picks, at the Jets franchise player.
Do I need to remind you who our GM is? :banghead:

Rausch
02-18-2006, 01:30 AM
Pairing him and Jared Allen is begging for teams to run off tackle all game.

Good.

We were pretty solid against the run last year.

Johnson&Johnson
02-18-2006, 01:53 AM
:WooWoo:

Mojo Rising
02-18-2006, 01:53 AM
Abraham and Peterson are not the answer. We need a pass rushing DT and a E Hicks replacement. Although it sounds great to add a Law or Abraham. That is not where our biggest need is for next year. If we had a DE tandem of Allen and Abraham then we would not be able to stop the run. Allen is undisciplined and Abraham weighs 258.

Johnson&Johnson
02-18-2006, 02:05 AM
Abraham and Peterson are not the answer. We need a pass rushing DT and a E Hicks replacement. Although it sounds great to add a Law or Abraham. That is not where our biggest need is for next year. If we had a DE tandem of Allen and Abraham then we would not be able to stop the run. Allen is undisciplined and Abraham weighs 258.

I am counting on Siavii to chow down a lot more double cheese burgers and many tubs of rocky road. he'll make it to 350. we'd be OK in the middle.