PDA

View Full Version : Ice Dancing and Rythmic Gymnastics do not belong in the Olympics

Logical
02-18-2006, 01:08 AM
They are very artistic but they are not really athletic events. I am not suggesting these people are not in excellent shape but these events are about grace and elegance not athleticism.

By the way I like the Olympics just not certain events.

KCChiefsFan88
02-18-2006, 03:09 PM
The entire Winter Olympics don't belong in the Olympics. Just hold the Summer Olympics every 2 years

RedDread
02-18-2006, 03:11 PM
I will watch the Luge/Skeleton/Bobsled events pretty much every year in addition to Hockey.

I dunno, I guess I'm just weird.

Oh and curling...just to laugh.

4th and Long
02-18-2006, 03:13 PM
On a side note, Vladdy hates, "Skating With The Stars" too.

:p

headsnap
02-18-2006, 03:17 PM
By the way I like the Olympics just not certain events...

...and the medals ;)

the day wouldn't be complete without reading Vlad's daily olympic bitch thread! :p

and we will have to wait a full 2 years for the summer oly's... :banghead:

PastorMikH
02-18-2006, 04:05 PM
How about the modified shuffleboard game where they sweep the ice in front of the puck as it travels across the ice?

The Olympics has numerous events that I wonder about.

banyon
02-18-2006, 04:05 PM
They are very artistic but they are not really athletic events. I am not suggesting these people are not in excellent shape but these events are about grace and elegance not athleticism.

By the way I like the Olympics just not certain events.

I concur wholeheartedly.

Baseball and softball should be reinstated. Baseball is way more of an international sport.

listopencil
02-18-2006, 07:37 PM
There should only be two Olympic sports. Football and Hockey. And then the top Football team should play the top Hockey team in a game of Hockball, which is football played on ice with sticks.

Skip Towne
02-18-2006, 07:47 PM
There should only be two Olympic sports. Football and Hockey. And then the top Football team should play the top Hockey team in a game of Hockball, which is football played on ice with sticks.
Yeah, we could have the football team wear track shoes except the WR's who would wear skates.

Logical
02-18-2006, 07:52 PM
On a side note, Vladdy hates, "Skating With The Stars" too.

:pActually yup.ROFL

listopencil
02-18-2006, 07:52 PM
Yeah, we could have the football team wear track shoes except the WR's who would wear skates.

See? It's catching on already.

Logical
02-18-2006, 07:53 PM
...and the medals ;)

the day wouldn't be complete without reading Vlad's daily olympic bitch thread! :p

and we will have to wait a full 2 years for the summer oly's... :banghead:Actually I am getting an early start here by bringing up Rythmic Gymnastics.:p

listopencil
02-18-2006, 07:57 PM
Actually I am getting an early start here by bringing up Rythmic Gymnastics.:p

I'd rather watch a remake of American Gladiators than the Olympics.