PDA

View Full Version : godaddy.com

kczoo
02-20-2006, 09:51 PM
anyone buy a dot com on this site before? I just did for my business and trying to set up. Any bad things to look out for? Thanks

HMc
02-20-2006, 09:52 PM
They're scamsters you've just done your money.

penguinz
02-20-2006, 09:53 PM
I have purchased sevearl domains from them. Never had any issues.

kczoo
luckily, I didnt buy a bunch of crap, just the small stuff

|Zach|
I thought they had decent service...they just try to push a lot of extra things on you is all. They would sell your own penis to you if they could.

My order was well taken care of with a follow up phone call to make sure everything was going well.

I like that as a customer.

SLAG
02-20-2006, 10:21 PM
I have had no Issues with them and plan to renew my hosting with them next month

Simplex3
02-21-2006, 12:25 AM
I register all my domains there, currently I only have 4. I know people that use their web hosting services and you certainly can't beat the price for the features. From what I hear the only down side to their hosting solutions is the maximum speed, but if it's a small company with low traffic that should be a non-issue.

I've had nothing but great luck with that company.

Taco John
02-21-2006, 12:55 AM
I have over 15 domains registered with GoDaddy, and plan on using them as my exclusive domain host for years to come unless they change things drastically.

Great company!

ferrarispider95
02-21-2006, 01:40 AM
register it at godaddy,
host them at icdsoft.com
I can get you a year with domain name, with lots better hosting for $30

If you go to one of the webhosting rating places, icdsoft is always one of the top 5, thats how I found them.

I have 90 domains

Bob Dole
02-21-2006, 04:35 AM
Bob Dole prefers DirectNIC's management interface.

wutamess
02-21-2006, 09:19 AM
http://www.ucvhost.com/

I use them for webhosting. Never had any problems. Customer service is chat based which there's usually always someone around. Plans start as low as $1/month. That's what I use on one of my domains.

Really convenient.

C-Mac
02-21-2006, 12:29 PM
:thumb:
Several domain names and hosting, no complaints here.

Ari Chi3fs
02-21-2006, 12:32 PM
I register all my domains through godaddy.com and love having all my domains at one accessible acct.

I host my stuff at dreamhost.com which has been phenomenal so far.

jAZ
02-21-2006, 12:35 PM
www.mydiscountdomains.com

$8.88 per domain... free DNS service, URL forwarding and email forwarding.

Mr. Laz
02-21-2006, 12:36 PM
ripped from anandtech.com

http://forums.anandtech.com/messageview.aspx?catid=40&threadid=1806005&enterthread=y

This has been posted, but not the right way. I asked op to edit but didn't happen. This is the correct way to get the free domain name from godaddy.com Do everything here and you will get your domain the next day!

You don't have to make a purchase, just add the coupon to your cart and check out. They will send you an email confirming your order. The next day godaddy will send you a promotional code good for one year of free hosting. I did this yesterday and got the promo code this morning. Registered my domain with no problems and is up and running right now!

Click the link below for the coupon.

http://www.buy.com/retail/coupon.asp?prid=82517432&adid=17662

You can also get free ad-supported hosting from godaddy.com with the registration of a new domain name. 5GB diskspace and 250GB bandwidth. This is a great deal, get it fast before buy.com figures out what is going on.

EDIT: This deal now seems to be dead. Too many people got in on the deal and buy.com figured out what is going on. I think having thousands of orders with just a coupon would ring my bell too... You are welcome to still try it, but I think they have caught on. Good job to everyone that got in on this deal.

EDIT: Still paying $0.79 for a domian isn't that bad either!

EDIT: Here is the email I recieved this morning. Idk if you guys can use the code I got but it's worth a try:

Dear ,

Thank you for choosing Buy.com. When you placed your last order
(#26582069) with us, you opted in to receive this free domain promotion to be
redeemed at GoDaddy.com.

Promo Code*: 00DEFC14CA

To redeem this free domain promo code, follow the instructions below:

1.Go to http://www.godaddy.com/gdshop/side/deal.asp?isc=buyfeb

2.Search for your free domain & proceed to cart.

3.Enter Promo Code where indicated in the Go Daddy Secure Checkout
Shopping cart page. Your price will be adjusted to "free" after applying
this promo code.

Thanks for becoming a GoDaddy.com customer.

Sincerely,

Buy.com & GoDaddy.com

* One free 1-year .com, .us, .biz, .info, .name, .net or .org domain
name per customer. Free domain name includes all applicable ICANN fees

for the initial year of registration. Offer does not apply to renewals
or transfers and can only be used once. All standard terms and
conditions

(https://www.godaddy.com/gdshop/agreements.asp?isc=buyfeb&se=%2B&ci=291

), including the Domain Name Registration Agreement, Domain Dispute
Policy, and ICANN Transfer Dispute Resolution Policy shall apply. Offer
may not be combined with any other promotion or discount. Expires March 31, 2006.