PDA

View Full Version : Outlook setup help

KevB
02-23-2006, 11:34 AM
I'm moving from Thunderbird to Outlook for my e-mail/address book and I'm having problems getting Outlook up and running. I have the addresses moved, and I sent the e-mails I needed to keep to my gmail account, where I'll ultimately send it to myself in Outlook. Only thing left to do was to set up my two e-mail accounts in Outlook (1 for me, 1 for the wife). I followed the instructions given by Roadrunner & Outlook (POP3 server), and even ran the Outlook account setup test, which passed (connection to net, connected to Roadrunner server, etc.). Problem is, I still can't receive or send e-mail. The two e-mails I tried to send are sitting in the Outbox, and the e-mails I sent to Outlook from GMail are in the ether somewhere. I don't know what else to do. Help?

QuikSsurfer
02-24-2006, 01:16 AM
I'm moving from Thunderbird to Outlook for my e-mail/address book and I'm having problems getting Outlook up and running. I have the addresses moved, and I sent the e-mails I needed to keep to my gmail account, where I'll ultimately send it to myself in Outlook. Only thing left to do was to set up my two e-mail accounts in Outlook (1 for me, 1 for the wife). I followed the instructions given by Roadrunner & Outlook (POP3 server), and even ran the Outlook account setup test, which passed (connection to net, connected to Roadrunner server, etc.). Problem is, I still can't receive or send e-mail. The two e-mails I tried to send are sitting in the Outbox, and the e-mails I sent to Outlook from GMail are in the ether somewhere. I don't know what else to do. Help?

who's ur ISP?
what is the POP3 and SMTP?

KevB
02-24-2006, 11:07 AM
who's ur ISP?
what is the POP3 and SMTP?

Time Warner Roadrunner. The incoming is pop-server.kc.rr.com; the outgoing is smtp-server.kc.rr.com.

QuikSsurfer
02-24-2006, 06:50 PM
Time Warner Roadrunner. The incoming is pop-server.kc.rr.com; the outgoing is smtp-server.kc.rr.com.

this should help you out.
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/using/howto/oe/setup.mspx

KevB
02-24-2006, 10:48 PM
I installed all of the latest and greatest updates from Microsoft, and lo and behold, Outlook now works like a charm. Who the hell knows, I'm just glad it's working now.