02-25-2006, 09:19 AM
Piss off, Yank wankers!!
Did anybody expect anything else?
These guys are endlessly entertaining.
Story is here:
http://tinyurl.com/orc5s

Brock
02-25-2006, 10:32 AM
It would have been disappointing for them to show up.

Reaper16
02-25-2006, 12:12 PM
Sabbath isn't going to play in the ceremony.

Nightwish
02-26-2006, 03:28 AM
Piss off, Yank wankers!!
Did anybody expect anything else?
Anything else would have been completely out of character for them! What they ought to do is show excerpts of Steve Jones reading from his diary in his boxers and bunny slippers.

MOhillbilly
02-27-2006, 08:30 AM
bunch of dickless posers anyway it woulda been more punk for them to show up.

hail the new breed.

Halfcan
02-27-2006, 10:27 PM
I freakin LOVE this!!! When a no talent band like the Pistols snub the R&R Hall of shame-it shows what being nominated really means. Nothing!!

There is a band out there that has sold over 40 million units-has 22 Gold records-4th All time behind the Beatles, Stones, and Kiss. Played over 5000 sold out shows, influenced millions, all without radio play and critic support. But they get snubbed for 6 straight years-What a freakin joke.

Too bad they don't induct Great White-so they would burn the place to the ground.

listopencil
02-27-2006, 11:10 PM
The group was finally picked late last year to join the Hall, along with Black Sabbath, Miles Davis, Lynyrd Skynyrd and Blondie, and induction ceremonies are scheduled for March 13 in New York City.

Blondie? Oh, c'mon. She absolutely sucks and always did. Jesus.

Halfcan
02-28-2006, 12:28 AM
Joan Jett would kick Blondie's ass.

listopencil
02-28-2006, 01:14 AM
Joan Jett would kick Blondie's ass.

Yep. I'd like to see her do it.

Nightwish
02-28-2006, 01:40 AM
I saw Blondie on Mad TV not too long ago. Debbie Harry was wearing a rather tight outfit. That woman has no business wearing tight, form-fitting outfits anymore! I was nearly gagging.

As for Halfcan's comments about Rush getting snubbed, I honestly hope they never get inducted. The R&RHOF is such a joke that it's almost an insult to those who do get inducted. It's a testament not to their abilities as artists, songwriters or composers, but rather to their ability to sell out (and I don't mean sell out concerts). There might once have been a day when there was some artistic integrity involved in choosing HOF inductees, as I'm sure there was once a day when there was artistic integrity involved in awarding the Oscars, but that day has long passed. If Metallica ever gets inducted (have they yet?), then I wouldn't be at all surprised to find that it was on the "strength" of their post-black-album work. That would say all ya need to know about what's going on behind the scenes at the R&RHOF.