PDA

View Full Version : New Flaming Lips

Archie F. Swin
02-28-2006, 06:46 AM
According to Amazon.com, At War With the Mystics will be released April 4th. I heard the first single, The WAND, yesterday on live365.com and it sounded incredibly tasty and unmistakably Lips. These guys are doing Oklahoma City proud!

phisherman
03-01-2006, 08:09 AM
man, are they good...

i don't know how they could top Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots or The Soft Bulletin, but i'll sure give the new one a try..

also, make sure and check out the new DVD 5.1 release of The Soft Bulletin, i already have the one for Yoshimi and it's unbelievably good

bp

Archie F. Swin
03-01-2006, 08:22 AM
Whew....for a minute there I thought I was the only Lips fan on the 'Planet'

Nice to know you're there...err....here

NewChief
03-01-2006, 08:37 AM
You are not alone. Big fan due to college friends from Oklahoma who pimped them since we were freshmen in '92.

If you haven't seen Fearless Freaks (http://imdb.com/title/tt0441758/), btw, it's definitely worth a watch. Wayne is a very, very strange (but cool) man.

Archie F. Swin
03-01-2006, 09:59 AM
Back in High school I regularly played street football with the younger brother of Lips drummer/guitar/keyboard player Steve Drozd

AZORChiefFan
03-01-2006, 12:51 PM
I have Telepathic Surgery, Yoshimi, and Soft Bulletin. My GF has Clouds Taste Metallic and maybe one other one. I really enjoy them and enjoyed the 2 live shows I saw of theirs. Wayne at Coachella was in this big inflated bubble walking on the crowd. Pretty cool tho it took up about half of their performance time.