PDA

View Full Version : Vince Young scores a 6 on the Wonderlic at combine

Chiefshrink
02-28-2006, 07:22 AM
Either he is that stupid or he didn't try. There are different levels of this test and I can't imagine the NFL having a difficult version. This test is a joke IMO. However,alot teams are now concerned that he can't handle the complexity of the QB position. Hey Vince can't play streetball in the NFL like you did for Mack. IMO he is just a larger version of Michael Vick on the field and will be mediocre in the NFL.

Chieficus
02-28-2006, 07:28 AM
Either he is that stupid or he didn't try. There are different levels of this test and I can't imagine the NFL having a difficult version. This test is a joke IMO. However,alot teams are now concerned that he can't handle the complexity of the QB position. Hey Vince can't play streetball in the NFL like you did for Mack. IMO he is just a larger version of Michael Vick on the field and will be mediocre in the NFL.

Well, he did go to school at texas, so it makes sense...

:jester:

Extra Point
02-28-2006, 07:29 AM
If he has soft hands and quick feet, then he can be a decent receiver, and the critics can Wunderlich his nuts! I don't see Young as a QB, but a WR or DB.

TEX
02-28-2006, 07:47 AM
Well, he did go to school at texas, so it makes sense...

Unfortunately, you're correct there. He went to Madison HS in Houston which always scores among the bottom of all HISD High Schools. If he wasn't who he is, there's no way he would have been accepted to UT.

Still, even though he'a a dumb ass, he was smart enough to kick OU's ASS! :)

Cormac
02-28-2006, 07:54 AM
Well, he did go to school at texas A&M, so it makes sense...

Fixed your post....:D

Bob Dole
02-28-2006, 07:54 AM
Unfortunately, this "news" has already been exposed as inaccurate.

Cormac
02-28-2006, 07:55 AM
I agree with sportsshrink - I see Young being a bust at QB. I'd take Leinart in a heartbeat. That guy's a winner, he sees the field and he's accurate. What more do you need.

Bob Dole
02-28-2006, 07:57 AM
I agree with sportsshrink - I see Young being a bust at QB. I'd take Leinart in a heartbeat. That guy's a winner, he sees the field and he's accurate. What more do you need.

Exactly. You need to look no further than the Rose Bowl to see which of them is a winner.

:rolleyes:

ChiefsfaninPA
02-28-2006, 07:58 AM
I could care less what his wunderlick score is. As long as he can play football it doesn't matter. Last time I checked he was an athlete not a doctor. I am sure like most athletes education isn't his strong point.

vailpass
02-28-2006, 07:58 AM
Everyone knows those tests are culturally biased and are just another tool to keep the black man down.

For example, one of the questions asks: John's dad is twice as old as John. In 5 years John's dad will be 45.
How old is John?

Daddy? Who?
I rest my case.

HMc
02-28-2006, 08:00 AM
I refuse to believe you need a massive IQ to play QB anyway. Granted i know bugger all about it, but it's all just learning what to do and when to do it. Don't throw into triple coverage 5 times per game, Brett. Sorry, that's another topic.

Brock
02-28-2006, 11:32 AM
I refuse to believe you need a massive IQ to play QB anyway. Granted i know bugger all about it, but it's all just learning what to do and when to do it. Don't throw into triple coverage 5 times per game, Brett. Sorry, that's another topic.

Nobody wants another Michael Vick.

Miles
02-28-2006, 11:59 AM

Leinart seems to handle losing really well.