PDA

View Full Version : Favorite music sites

PunkinDrublic
02-28-2006, 06:38 PM
I make no bones about having narrow music tastes. Outside of punk I like some raggae, and maybe a few indie rock bands but I'll be the first to admit my range in taste of music is pretty limited. Some have theorized that the short loud and fast songs cater to my short attention span who knows. Anyway what are some of your favorite music sites.
Mine are as follows.

www.punknews.org
www.skapunkandotherjunk.com
www.rollingstone.com (just to see what's going on with mainstream music for shits and giggles)
www.youhavebadtasteinmusic.com

Bob Dole
02-28-2006, 06:53 PM
www.texarkanarocks.com keeps Bob Dole busy.

Reaper16
02-28-2006, 07:03 PM
www.blabbermouth.com is great for hard rock and metal news. But the boards contain the most worthless cretins know to this Earth. I wish death to every single one of them. Seriously.

www.metal-archives.com is the single most comprehensive source of metal information.

www.progarchives.com is pretty darn good as a proggressive music resource.

I frequent the Metal, Rock, and Rap boards at www.gamefaqs.com also.

NewChief
03-01-2006, 09:46 AM
Pretty much the only music site I regularly check anymore is Audiofile (http://salon.com/ent/audiofile/) which is eclectic but current enough to keep me interested.

I'm currently pretty addicted to Pandora, though.

CosmicPal
03-03-2006, 10:57 AM
www.pandora.com

You put in an artist or a song you like and the site will then analyze your artist and develop a playlist of "like" songs/artists based on the attributes of your original selection.

For instance, if you're interested in hearing Sufjan Stevens- you would put in Sufjan Stevens for the artist name and the site will not only play his songs, but artists that are similar to his style of music. It's a great way to discover new music.

MOhillbilly
03-03-2006, 12:16 PM
http://revhq.com/store.revhq.

and the lastresort site.

foxman
03-04-2006, 11:53 AM
Pandora.com
Yourmusic.com ($5.99 + nothing for any CD they have)
Progarchives.com