PDA

View Full Version : UAB thrashing Memphis

Skip Towne
03-02-2006, 09:47 PM
Up 46-40 at the half. I'm not sure KU can handle either of these teams. Both are big and physical.

HemiEd
03-02-2006, 10:04 PM
I would love to see a "Battle of New Orleans" rematch.

Saulbadguy
03-02-2006, 10:05 PM
40 minutes of hell.

Skip Towne
03-02-2006, 10:06 PM
UAB still up by one. A real dogfight.

Saulbadguy
03-02-2006, 10:12 PM
Mike Anderson has a badass haircut.

HolmeZz
03-02-2006, 10:46 PM
Poor Psi.

Sure-Oz
03-02-2006, 10:47 PM
Isn't Mizzou looking at UAB's coach for next year?

Skip Towne
03-02-2006, 10:48 PM
40 minutes of hell.
What a joke that was. KU played Arkansas in the Dance and absolutely ran them to death. It was so bad that the Hogs big center, Oliver somebody who they called the "Big O" was so winded he didn't even bother to go to the defensive end of the court at the end. KU kicked their ass good. "Forty Minutes of Hell" my ass. They folded up like a cheap suit under real pressure. Adonis Jordan was our point guard that year.

Skip Towne
03-02-2006, 10:53 PM
UAB hangs on for the win. Those are both good teams I hope KU doesn't draw until late in "The Dance"

WilliamTheIrish
03-02-2006, 11:05 PM
Oliver Miller.

greg63
03-03-2006, 12:16 AM
UAB hangs on for the win. Those are both good teams I hope KU doesn't draw until late in "The Dance"

It will be interesting to see just how far KU advances.

Ultra Peanut
03-03-2006, 10:37 AM
That was one hell of a game. Packed house at Bartow Arena, and if we were going to drop a game in C-USA play, I'm glad it was to the team that could do the most with the win. They'll be a nightmare for somebody in the dance, and they deserved the win.

Shawne and CDR looked lost, which was frustrating, but again, UAB just deserved it more.

We'll probably drop out of the Top 5, and Texas will probably pass us, and we've got very little chance at a #1 seed now... oh well. Fairness is something only the naive expect from college sports.

sedated
03-03-2006, 10:45 AM
C-USA is really down this year after losing teams to the Big East.

I Don't think Memphis deserves a No. 1, and will probably be one of the first high seeds knocked off.

Them and Gonzaga, although the Zags have one great player that could carry the team (i.e. Larry Bird).

Ultra Peanut
03-03-2006, 11:27 AM
I Don't think Memphis deserves a No. 1Please explain your surely well-considered reasoning.

I mean, the fact that we played the second-toughest non-conference schedule in the nation, are 26-3, have the #5 RPI in the nation, and our only loss that didn't come at the hands of a Top 10 team came last night to a very dangerous team that HAD to win and was playing in front of its best crowd EVER... that means nothing. Our conference has only three quality teams not including us, and several crappy ones dragging down everyone's RPI, so that negates everything we've accomplished.

We're so terrible, we lost by 3 in a controversial game against Duke at MSG and lost to Texas in our worst-played game of the year. Geeze! We don't even deserve a #5 seed, much less a #1 seed!

banyon
03-03-2006, 11:34 AM
I think this loss will help Memphis in the long run. We had been playing lackadaisically for the last 10 games or so and had picked up some bad habits. Cal can get their attention now and focus on the task ahead.

BTW I agree with Ultra that it's a doublestandard that Duke loses to FSU, TX loses to aTm and Memphis loses to a team that's really just as good as those two teams, but gets knocked off of the 1 line. The conference tourneys might still have a say in who gets the #1's though

banyon
03-03-2006, 11:35 AM
BTW, it certainly wasn't a "thrashing". UAB wasn't ever up by more than 6 until the fouls at the end of the game.

Ultra Peanut
03-03-2006, 11:39 AM
BTW I agree with Ultra that it's a doublestandard that Duke loses to FSU, TX loses to aTm and Memphis loses to a team that's really just as good as those two teams, but gets knocked off of the 1 line.I'm glad Gottlieb (who's a really good analyst) and Dave "Chavez-"Revsine brought up that a couple of times during the broadcast. UAB would, at worst, split with aTm and FSU, yet a loss to them in a hyped-up environment is far more damaging to us than the same for Duke and Tejas' losses are to them, respectively.

HolmeZz
03-03-2006, 11:45 AM
Memphis is still a 1 seed.

banyon
03-03-2006, 11:46 AM
Gottlieb is my favorite color guy.

HolmeZz
03-03-2006, 11:51 AM
Gottlieb is my favorite color guy.

omg racess