PDA

View Full Version : Pathetic!

HC_Chief
10-29-2000, 07:02 PM
That was painful to watch.

DL: D -no pressure, over-pursued, missed tackles, offsides

LB: F -PISS-POOR TACKLING, out of position CONSTANTLY(especially Edwards on outside contain)

DBs: C+ -allowed KITNA to throw 2 TDs & over 250yds passing... that is just lame; forced turnovers are only reason they're not a D

OL: C- -Allowed too much pressure on Grbac... he was rattled because we could not block on several occasions

RBs: C- -Anders did OK... JUST ok

Receivers: B -DA & Lockett did a good job, as did Gonzo. However, there were two sure TDs dropped(1 by DA, other by TG)

QB: C+ -Got rattled; played like sh*t after that (tale of 2 halves- 1st half = A, 2nd = D; average = C+)

Coaching: F -Went into a shell in the second half; failed to capitalize on Seattle mistakes; failed to attack Seattle's weakness(running game); failed to adjust to Seattle's O - let the keep executing the SAME g'damn plays (Schottenheimer is a gutless mouse turd); Gunther is full of sh*t: he stated Ricks would make an impact- I never saw him on the field... Gunther said we would be more aggressive & go for the kill - we shlept the 2nd half away in conservative 'siton the lead' mode

In conclusion, I was VERY disappointed in today's game. We played like crap! We let an obviously horrible team hang in there. We have NOT developed a killer instinct, we have NOT shown an ability to stop the run, we have NOT seen our coaching staff make proper adjustments in the 2nd half. We got lucky - that Seahawk team sucks; we playedto their level.

HC_Chief
10-29-2000, 07:07 PM
Almost forgot- Special Teams: D -poor coverage, poor punts(no hang time). Only saving grace was Peterson's 'icer'

kcred
10-29-2000, 07:18 PM
If we don't come up with some sort of a running game, we won't even come close to the playoffs. Gunther proves once again, he talks out of both sides of his mouth. I do not believe a word the man says, and haven't for quite some time. The reason we let down in the second half, we do not make any adjustments after the first, if we are leading. The Seahawks did, and shut us out, with the Peterson exception. I am happy for a victory, but I am not on the 11 or 12 win bandwagon as of yet.

kcred
10-29-2000, 07:20 PM
One other thought, we are going to miss Hicks much more than we thought. Browning was ok, but without him in the middle, in the rotation, we were a very tired team out there.

TEX
10-29-2000, 07:59 PM
People,
Just CHILL! A WIN is a WIN - period! this was a division win on the road. The Chiefs DID go for the knockout, but Gonzo was stripped at the goal line and Grbac threw 3 picks! I will say this, the run production MUST IMPROVE or teams will just efend the pass - like today!

Pitt Gorilla
10-29-2000, 08:20 PM
THANK YOU, KC FAN TX. Level heads will prevail. This was a divisional win on the road!! That's awesome regardless of how we got it. Enjoy the week....

------------------
GO PITT!

gh4chiefs
10-29-2000, 08:43 PM
With all due respect to Pitt, I truly hope Gun & Co doesn't think his way. There were a LOT of problems with this team today, and a better team would have mauled us. And if the coaching staff gets complacent with the fact that we won "a division game on the road" and don't address the problems, then we're doomed to lose against Oakland next week.

On the other hand, as a fan, I can understand why you feel that way. I too am happy to have the win and am trying to convince myself that today's performance was just the direct result of the "let down factor" that I posted about earlier.

The bottom line is, if we play like this next week in Oakland, we're going down. If Gun & Co address the problems and make the corrections, then we can play with and beat anybody as we proved last week.

------------------
Gary