PDA

View Full Version : anybody heard?

kcfanXIII
03-03-2006, 04:10 AM
i couple of my friends swear up and down that LJ will grace the cover of madden 2007. now we all know what this would mean. has anyone else heard this?

Guru
03-03-2006, 04:12 AM
i couple of my friends swear up and down that LJ will grace the cover of madden 2007. now we all know what this would mean. has anyone else heard this?

CRAP!!! If that is true, he is soooo screwed. :banghead: :cuss:

kcfanXIII
03-03-2006, 04:20 AM
i know, me and one of my buddies are freakin out about it, and his girl friend doesn't understand. i'm like every year for the past seven years the player who is on the cover hasn't finished the season. she thinks its a coincidence. i laughed at her.

don't get me wrong, not trying to start rumors or anything. i'm just trying to find another source that has heard this.

Guru
03-03-2006, 04:26 AM
http://www.wagerweb.com/index.cfm?page=in_the_news&NewsID=2212

Larry is currently number 20 on their list at 22:1

Wagerweb (Wagerweb.com)
Zapote, Costa Rica 00000
Tel: 1.866.843.2489

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Odds on the Madden 2007 Curse of the Cover
WAGERWEB.COM POSTS NFL FOOTBALL BETTING ODDS ON: "WHO WILL GRACE THE COVER OF MADDEN 2007 AND WILL THE CURSE OF THE COVER CONTINUE?"

(Zapote, Costa Rica, 29 November 2005) Many of you are avid video gamers and if you are, "EA Sports Madden Football" is one of the best sports games ever made. NFL players that have graced the cover, though, have a much different opinion. Since 2000 the cover of the must-own football video game has had a picture of an NFL player instead of John Madden. Every single player except for Ray Lewis saw a substantial drop in production after his appearance on the cover. This year was no different has the cover boy was Eagles Qb Donovan McNabb, who not only has had to deal with the T.O. drama, but has been bogged down with a sports hernia that has affected his play all season long.

The first cover boy was RB Eddie George, who saw his numbers drop dramatically the season after he appeared on the cover, going from 1509 rushing yards to 939. The next season it was QB Daunte Culpepper who saw his TD passes drop from 33 to 14. The year 2003 saw RB Marshall Faulk grace the cover and his yardage production drop by over 400 yards. The most infamous of all the cover curses befell QB Mike Vick in 2004, whose numbers had to drop after he hurt himself in the preseason and only played 5 games all year. It is anyones guess who could be 2007's cover boy, but it is a pretty safe bet that whoever it is would rather he be on the cover of Playgirl instead.

"It would seem like an honor to be featured on the cover of Madden, but with all the players seemingly having bad years or getting hurt after being on the cover, it is anything but an honor anymore" said Wagerweb.com CEO Dave Johnson. "We have received a large amount of wagers on WR Terrell Owens gracing the cover of Madden 07. At +12 to 1 (Win $1200 for every $100 bet) he's garnering the most attention."

WAGERWEB.COM POSTS NFL FOOTBALL BETTING ODDS ON: "WHO WILL GRACE THE COVER OF MADDEN 2007 AND WILL THE CURSE OF THE COVER CONTINUE?"

Guru
03-03-2006, 04:30 AM
Actually, I hope and pray it is Feyton Manning. Time for him to have a disaster of a year.

ZootedGranny
03-03-2006, 05:15 AM
The Madden cover boy hasn't been announced yet.

greg63
03-03-2006, 05:34 AM
Everyone knows it's going to be Rich Scanlon; so relax. :p :D

Guru
03-03-2006, 05:43 AM
Everyone knows it's going to be Rich Scanlon; so relax. :p :D

Mr. Reliable ROFL

greg63
03-03-2006, 05:49 AM
Mr. Reliable ROFL

Me, or Rich Scanlon? :p :D

Guru
03-03-2006, 05:53 AM
Me, or Rich Scanlon? :p :D

BOTH :)

greg63
03-03-2006, 05:56 AM
BOTH :)

ROFLROFL

WOOHOO, I have arrived; mentioned with the likes of Rich Scanlon!

ct
03-03-2006, 12:48 PM
I've been fearing this since he really broke out last year. He seems exactly the type of guy who would thumb his nose at the curse, just to prove everybody wrong.

Bob Dole
03-03-2006, 12:51 PM
http://www.wagerweb.com/index.cfm?page=in_the_news&NewsID=2212

Larry is currently number 20 on their list at 22:1

Wagerweb (Wagerweb.com)
Zapote, Costa Rica 00000
Tel: 1.866.843.2489

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Odds on the Madden 2007 Curse of the Cover

(Zapote, Costa Rica, 29 November 2005) Many of you are avid video gamers and if you are, "EA Sports Madden Football" is one of the best sports games ever made. NFL players that have graced the cover, though, have a much different opinion. Since 2000 the cover of the must-own football video game has had a picture of an NFL player instead of John Madden. Every single player except for Ray Lewis saw a substantial drop in production after his appearance on the cover. This year was no different has the cover boy was Eagles Qb Donovan McNabb, who not only has had to deal with the T.O. drama, but has been bogged down with a sports hernia that has affected his play all season long.

The first cover boy was RB Eddie George, who saw his numbers drop dramatically the season after he appeared on the cover, going from 1509 rushing yards to 939. The next season it was QB Daunte Culpepper who saw his TD passes drop from 33 to 14. The year 2003 saw RB Marshall Faulk grace the cover and his yardage production drop by over 400 yards. The most infamous of all the cover curses befell QB Mike Vick in 2004, whose numbers had to drop after he hurt himself in the preseason and only played 5 games all year. It is anyones guess who could be 2007's cover boy, but it is a pretty safe bet that whoever it is would rather he be on the cover of Playgirl instead.

"It would seem like an honor to be featured on the cover of Madden, but with all the players seemingly having bad years or getting hurt after being on the cover, it is anything but an honor anymore" said Wagerweb.com CEO Dave Johnson. "We have received a large amount of wagers on WR Terrell Owens gracing the cover of Madden 07. At +12 to 1 (Win $1200 for every $100 bet) he's garnering the most attention."

Why in the HELL would they put Owen's on the cover?

Mecca
03-03-2006, 12:52 PM
Tomlinson, Manning or Brady..........I don't see anyway it's not one of them.

Mecca
03-03-2006, 12:53 PM
Why in the HELL would they put Owen's on the cover?

He was on the cover if the ESPN 2k football game before EA bought the market.

Dunit35
03-03-2006, 01:29 PM
Man I hope LJ isn't on that. I will be worried all season long if he is on it.

InChiefsHell
03-03-2006, 01:34 PM
Man I hope LJ isn't on that. I will be worried all season long if he is on it.

Well he seems to have overcome the "Penn State RB's suck" thing. I think he'd overcome this as well.

JBucc
03-03-2006, 02:00 PM
Tomlinson, Manning or Brady..........I don't see anyway it's not one of them.I don't think Brady would do it, I hope it's Manning but it's better for us if Tomlinson gets injured. Of course I don't beleive in jinxes anyway so I don't know why I said that.

Reaper16
03-03-2006, 02:06 PM
No one's beaten the cover curse, and it affects them in different ways.

Ray Lewis didn't have that much of a production drop off, or an injury, but his team didn't make the playoffs even though being touted as a possible Super Bowl pick. Even worse, he was beaten by Jordan Black. If that doesn't scream cover curse, then I don't know what does.

Needless to say, I shudder down to my core at the prospect of a Chief on the cover of that game.

DMAC
03-03-2006, 02:21 PM
No one's beaten the cover curse, and it affects them in different ways.

Ray Lewis didn't have that much of a production drop off, or an injury, but his team didn't make the playoffs even though being touted as a possible Super Bowl pick. Even worse, he was beaten by Jordan Black. If that doesn't scream cover curse, then I don't know what does.

Needless to say, I shudder down to my core at the prospect of a Chief on the cover of that game.
Not me. Go for it LJ!! Prove everybody wrong...again.

DJJasonp
03-03-2006, 02:23 PM
For what it's worth....

I was at one of those mall computer game stores last weekend and the pre-sale boxes are already up for Madden '07....and the Bus was on the cover...

JBucc
03-03-2006, 02:24 PM
I have heard they will be doing regional covers. I can't remember where I read that or if it's true.

Reaper16
03-03-2006, 02:31 PM
For what it's worth....

I was at one of those mall computer game stores last weekend and the pre-sale boxes are already up for Madden '07....and the Bus was on the cover...
The cover star hasn't been announced yet. They've always had display boxes for pre-orders that have nothing to do with the final cover.

Go into any Gamestop in the KC area, and those boxes simply have the KC logo on them.

kcfanXIII
03-03-2006, 02:40 PM
i wonder if the curse would be spread to all on the cover, if it were regional.

as the old saying goes, "twice is coincidence, three is a trend, but seven in a row must be the madden curse." it is true, lewis did seem to buck the curse the year he was on the cover. but he got hurt and missed half the season the year after.

phxchief
03-03-2006, 02:55 PM
Some of the names above LJ on that list are hilarious.

Warrick Dunn? Jake Plummer?

JBucc
03-03-2006, 02:56 PM
Jake Plummer?Aboslutely!

kcfanXIII
03-03-2006, 02:59 PM
i'd be down with plummer

sedated
03-03-2006, 03:25 PM
i'd be down with plummer

They should put Al Wilson or Chump Bailey on it.

If they didn't put Priest on the cover, there's little chance LJ would make it.

JBucc
03-03-2006, 03:28 PM
Truth be told unless we win the Super Bowl no one from Kansas City is all that marketable.

leviw
03-03-2006, 03:32 PM
I think it will be either Big Ben or Tomlinson. I'm betting EA likes to have the cover player play a whole season before he gets the cover. Just guessing though.

Cormac
03-03-2006, 03:35 PM
Jake Plummer!?!?! That would make any curse redundant.

Cormac
03-03-2006, 03:36 PM
kcfanXIII

If you're so worried about curses and jinxes, why are you KC Fan #13?

Just curious.......

;)

Reaper16
03-03-2006, 04:23 PM
The order since the curse started has gone:

Eddie George, RB
Daunte Culpepper, QB
Marshall Faulk, RB
Michael Vick, QB
Ray Lewis, LB
Donovan McNabb, QB

This suggests that a QB will not grace the cover of Madden 07. It might be a defensive player, but my money's on RB. Shaun Alexander might be a prime candidate.

dj56dt58
03-03-2006, 10:33 PM
i'd be down with plummer
Why waste the curse on Plummer? He's gonna suck anyways so might as well put LT on it and curse his ass..or Manning