PDA

View Full Version : PERUVIAN HEALING TRIP.

Simply Red
03-03-2006, 12:45 PM
http://nationalgeographic.com/adventure/0603/features/peru.html

Please read this article regarding Shamanism practices. I want your opinion on this. I personally think it is very dangerous and invites trouble into your life both mental and physical. Feedback at your leisure. BTW: It is the latest trend of so-called religion in Hollywood, so that alone, should tell you a lot.

CosmicPal
03-03-2006, 01:13 PM
Kewl.

Simply Red
03-03-2006, 01:16 PM
Kewl.

It is a good read. I Don't expect a lot of replies immediately. I'd like to know what you all think when you get a chance. Quite a bit of reading though.

CosmicPal
03-03-2006, 01:19 PM
It is a good read. I Don't expect a lot of replies immediately. I'd like to know what you all think when you get a chance. Quite a bit of reading though.

Quite frankly- I'd do it. But, that's me. I bet a ton of peeps on the Planet would consider it a *****ing joke. And it probably is, but I've been on enough shroom trips to know it'd be different and if I come out of the trip with giant blue butterflies, marshmellow pies, and total liberation from a world of depression- well, I'd be one happy camper.

Besides, I'll do anything once.

ENDelt260
03-03-2006, 01:25 PM

My idea involves two midgets, a clown (full-size), and a tricycle (with one missing wheel).

CosmicPal
03-03-2006, 01:29 PM
My idea involves two midgets, a clown (full-size), and a tricycle (with one missing wheel).

Weird. I had the same dream.

mike_b_284
03-03-2006, 01:30 PM
I watched a video about this in a world cultures class in college. The dude tripped his balls off, where he was sitting on the ground in the fetal position rocking back and forth. There was green foamy snot pouring out of his nose and mouth. He died from his flu two days later.

Simply Red
03-03-2006, 01:34 PM
I watched a video about this in a world cultures class in college. The dude tripped his balls off, where he was sitting on the ground in the fetal position rocking back and forth. There was green foamy snot pouring out of his nose and mouth. He died from his flu two days later.

Tripping on drugs is one thing. If someone wants to do that, then, okay. But uhh. I wouldn't recommend channeling demons or trying to cast them. Some things are meant to be left alone.

tiptap
03-03-2006, 01:57 PM
So get out your copy of Carlos Castenena's The Sorcerer's Apprentice and if you find it interesting you can read the rest of his books. Get a feel for Nada and if you get nothing out of it you are there.

Skip Towne
03-03-2006, 01:59 PM
Quite frankly- I'd do it. But, that's me. I bet a ton of peeps on the Planet would consider it a *****ing joke. And it probably is, but I've been on enough shroom trips to know it'd be different and if I come out of the trip with giant blue butterflies, marshmellow pies, and total liberation from a world of depression- well, I'd be one happy camper.

If you haven't sucked a dick yet, contact Gochiefs.

NewChief
03-03-2006, 02:13 PM
Ayahuasca is the stuff that DMT is derived from. It's far from a pleasant trip. You usually vomit uncontrollably and lose complete control of your body. I used to be really into shamanism and this sort of thing, but I had some bad experiences with it.

Anyway, it's not really a path I'm interested in going down anymore. Back in the day, it would have been one of the goals in my life to get to experience it.

For those interested, read some Terence McKenna. Food of the Gods and Archaic Revival are two good jumping off points.

mike_b_284
03-03-2006, 02:14 PM
Tripping on drugs is one thing. If someone wants to do that, then, okay. But uhh. I wouldn't recommend channeling demons or trying to cast them. Some things are meant to be left alone.

He wasn't doing it to get high, he was one of the natives and had the flu. The medicine man made him snort a bunch of stuff from the jungle and that is what happend. It didn't cure the flu.

Simply Red
03-03-2006, 02:20 PM
He wasn't doing it to get high, he was one of the natives and had the flu. The medicine man made him snort a bunch of stuff from the jungle and that is what happend. It didn't cure the flu.

Ahh.

Simply Red
03-03-2006, 02:21 PM
Ayahuasca is the stuff that DMT is derived from. It's far from a pleasant trip. You usually vomit uncontrollably and lose complete control of your body. I used to be really into shamanism and this sort of thing, but I had some bad experiences with it.

Anyway, it's not really a path I'm interested in going down anymore. Back in the day, it would have been one of the goals in my life to get to experience it.

For those interested, read some Terence McKenna. Food of the Gods and Archaic Revival are two good jumping off points.

Surprising NC. You'd be the last one I'd expect. Tell us more if you want to.

Thanks.

NewChief
03-03-2006, 02:24 PM
BTW, psychedelics have been thought to have therapeutic purposes by fringe psychiatrists for years. From Ecstacy to LSD, various doctors have used them in therapies ranging from acceptance of imminent death in terminal patients to overcoming depression to trying to reach enlightenment.

I think there is probably a lot of potential out there for it to do good, but I also think (due to my own experiences) that it could be dangerous and do harm in the wrong subjects.

Psychedlic experiences aren't something that you can manage. They're very subjective and unpredictable, so it's hard to be truly scientific when using them in treatment. Of course, if you're approaching them purely from a Western standpoint grounded in objective science, they're probably not going to work properly anyway.

el borracho
03-03-2006, 02:25 PM
Well, did he have the flu anymore or not?

mike_b_284
03-03-2006, 02:28 PM
Well, did he have the flu anymore or not?

not after he died from it.

NewChief
03-03-2006, 02:29 PM
Just because I haven't tired of this subject yet, the American fascination with ayahuasca dates back at least to the Beatniks. William S. Borroughs wrote a book called the "Yage Letters." Yage is another name for Ayahuasca. Burroughs and Ginsberg both went to the Amazon to take the stuff.

el borracho
03-03-2006, 02:30 PM
not after he died from it.
See?! It works!!!

Simply Red
Just because I haven't tired of this subject yet, the American fascination with ayahuasca dates back at least to the Beatniks. William S. Borroughs wrote a book called the "Yage Letters." Yage is another name for Ayahuasca. Burroughs and Ginsberg both went to the Amazon to take the stuff.

WILD! LITERALLY.

mike_b_284
The reason they do it is because they believe sickness and disease come from demon spirits in the body. The "medicine" is supposed to drive them out. They sing songs and shake sticks at the poor bastard while he is on neptune having a seizure with the carebears.

el borracho
03-03-2006, 02:31 PM
by the way my friend, somewhat of a shaman himself, has done this multiple times without hurting himself but he always had a sober person watching over him just in case.

Simply Red
03-03-2006, 02:31 PM
See?! It works!!!

sicko.

ENDelt260
03-03-2006, 02:32 PM
Death. The ultimate high.

Simply Red
03-03-2006, 02:33 PM
Death. The ultimate high.

funny.

el borracho
03-03-2006, 02:34 PM
He's funny but I'm sick?

StcChief
03-03-2006, 02:39 PM
Is this like the old....
[george carlin]Bolivian Marching powder[/george carlin]

Simply Red
03-03-2006, 02:44 PM
He's funny but I'm sick?

"...I'm funny how, I mean, funny like I'm a clown? I amuse you? I make you laugh?"

MOhillbilly
03-03-2006, 02:59 PM
-reading that made me think of this-

When I go down the street
The people watch me shiver and shake
I'm a prisoner of a demon
I think my head's about to break
It stays with me wherever I go
I can't break away from its hold
This must be my punishment
For selling my soul
Too much pressure, my pulse is rising
My heart is pounding, my head really hurts
I can't take it, all this pressure
From all these things inside of me
Everywhere I look I see them
Everywhere I go they're at
What did I do to deserve this
Why won't they just leave my body
Are they people or are they spirits
Do they belong to the human race
Why do they want me so bad
Why won't they come out of their hiding place
i can't see them, but I know they're here
i can feel it in my veins
All this pressure on my body
Is causing all my strength to drain
Am I crazy, or am I insane
Or have I already lost my mind
Is it real, or is it fake
Or am I in a permanent bind
Am I in power or am I a slave
Who in hell is in control
Am I still living, or am I dead
Do I still have a soul
I know I can't keep going this way
I have to give my mind some leisure
If I keep on going like this
I never again will taste pleasure
If they will not break the oath
I will have to disband
I have lost all control
this thing has now taken command
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Part of me thinks these people are crazy and part of me thinks the mind is a powerful tool.
and if someone decides they cannot heal themselves by taking a deep breath and searching for there soul maybe alittle outside influence is needed to guide them.

who am i to judge?

Simply Red
03-03-2006, 03:07 PM

For selling my soul
Do I still have a soul
I will have to disband
I have lost all control

Part of me thinks these people are crazy and part of me thinks the mind is a powerful tool.
and if someone decides they cannot heal themselves by taking a deep breath and searching for there soul maybe alittle outside influence is needed to guide them.

who am i to judge?

Is that Johnny Cash?

MOhillbilly
03-03-2006, 03:10 PM
Is that Johnny Cash?

- Mike Muir -

Simply Red
03-03-2006, 03:14 PM

For selling my soul
Do I still have a soul
I will have to disband
I have lost all control

who am i to judge?

All of that and: All he wanted was a Pepsi. Just one Pepsi and she wouldn't give it to him.

NewChief
03-03-2006, 03:16 PM
BTW,

I don't see this as much different than the Catholic exorcism ritual. While some would say that the psychedelics make it fundamentally different, I disagree. The psychedelics make the intangible real and make the symbolic actual. Those that undergo the exorcism ritual are already there, because their worldview is such that the "demons" are already real and tangible to them.

BIG_DADDY
03-03-2006, 03:36 PM
Hell I would do it. How much does one of these trips run?

BagoobaChief
03-03-2006, 04:36 PM
- Mike Muir -

I figured it was Jim Morrison...

Simply Red
03-07-2006, 07:44 AM
BTW,

I don't see this as much different than the Catholic exorcism ritual. While some would say that the psychedelics make it fundamentally different, I disagree. The psychedelics make the intangible real and make the symbolic actual. Those that undergo the exorcism ritual are already there, because their worldview is such that the "demons" are already real and tangible to them.

Speaking of exorcisms. The cleaned up, updated version of The Exorcist is really f-ing creapy. With all of the background images.

Hog Farmer
03-07-2006, 08:06 AM
I'll stick to being in HOG HEAVEN