PDA

View Full Version : Music Some of your favorite albums all time.

|Zach|
03-03-2006, 03:12 PM
What are some albums that were a big deal in your life. Not as much what you think are "the best" but ones that were big to you for one reason or another. From start to finish.

Seal - Seal (1994)

Peter Gabriel - US

Deftones - Around The Fur

Billy Joel - Greatest Hits Volume 3

Ben Fold Five - Unauthorized Biography of Reinhold Messner

Tears For Fears - Elemental

Otis Redding - Pain In My Heart

Karate - Some Boots

Smashing Pumpkins - Melonchollie and the Infinate Sadness

Better Than Ezra - Closer

Josh Rouse - 1972

Guster - Keep It Together

Sufjan Stevens - Illinois

Reaper16
03-03-2006, 03:42 PM
My Top 10 favorite albums (only one album per artist):

Honorable Mention:
[ Dan Swano - Moontower
Blind Guardian - Live
Camel - Mirage
Iron Maiden - Powerslave
Kamelot - Karma
Falconer - Falconer
Frank Zappa - Joe's Garage
Lykathea Aflame - Elvenefris
Mos Def - Black on Both Sides
November's Doom - The Pale Haunt Departure
Pelican - Australasia
Psycroptic - The Scepter of the Ancients
Strapping Young Lad - City
Symphony X - The Divine Wings of Tragedy
Tech N9ne - Absolute Power
Vedera - The Weight of an Empty Room ]

10. The Lord Weird Slough Feg - "Traveller"

9. Children of Bodom - "Follow the Reaper"

8. Megadeth - "Rust in Peace"

7. Pink Floyd - "Animals"

6. Metallica - "Master of Puppets"

5. Pain of Salvation - "BE"

4. Agalloch - "The Mantle"

3. Opeth - "Still Life"

2. Ayreon - "The Human Equation"

1. David Bowie - "The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars"

Reaper16
03-03-2006, 05:45 PM
Nobody else has favorite albums :(

CosmicPal
03-03-2006, 07:10 PM
Well, if we're talking 'bout albums that were a "big deal" or "memorable" to us, then I will have to say the following:

Kiss - The original debut album. Quite possibly the first album I ever bought. I was a little kid and was wanting to hear something other than the Top 40/pop we were all listening to then in grade school. I remember looking at the cover and seeing these freaky looking guys with painted faces and thought it was cool, so I bought it. A couple of years later- they were the biggest live arena act in rock and I couldn't stand them anymore.

Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon One of the first albums I bought as well. It was the most interesting music I had heard at the time. I was fascinated by the sounds- it was deep and resonating. It was the first album I could honestly say I actually listened to for the music rather than the songs.

AC/DC - Back in Black It was pure rock and roll. It was everything a teenager needed- loud, fast, and pounding music. I never cared for "hard" rock, but I used to listen to this album nearly every day. It matched my energy level then.

Rush - Moving Pictures They were the band we listened to while in high school. Whenever I hear "Tom Sawyer" a million memories of high school come rushing up to meet me.

Violent Femmes - the original debut album College, baby! I remember hearing this at a college party and it was just too much fun. The perfect compliment for horny young males drinking too much beer.

Grateful Dead - Shakedown Street Certainly not anywhere near one of their best albums, but the album that turned me onto the Dead when I was in college. One of my buddies was a Deadhead and it was all he ever played when we smoked weed together. But, this album was the perfect starting point for me- I connected with it then.

U2 - Achtung Baby I was sharing a big house in OPKS with some buddies and none of us were really holding down any jobs and really doing nothing but partying and drinking every night. It was the worst of times financially for us, but it was the best of times as well. One night our electricity was shut off, so one of my friends got out his "ghetto blaster" and we put filled it with D batteries, fired up some candles, and jammed to this album all night while drinking cheap beer and smoking in the dark as if we didn't care. It sounds terrible, but looking back on it- it was great.

David & David - Boomtown I was in my "alternative" stage. I was listening to all kinds of music but I loved the raw energy of some of the new alternative artists back then. But, this album was like having God speak to you- it could have been written about me at the time. I expected things to be better then and none of my relationships were working out and I was abusing myself with drugs and alcohol. This album was my companion then.

Tom Waits - Rain Dogs I met an artsy, independent gal one night and I was charmed not only by her intelligence, but by her confidence as well. She turned me onto this album and at first, I thought it was the shittiest crap I've ever heard. But, she insisted I keep listening, and it grew on me. I ended up listening to more Waits and then Leonard Cohen and I was loving the poeticness and the smoky chamber music.

Medeski, Martin & Wood - Combustication My father turned me onto jazz when I was a kid, but I never cared much for it until I heard this album. It was modern hip-hop jazz, but it was brilliant. And it renewed my birth into jazz, but this album stands to be the one I still listen to the most.

Widespread Panic - Light Fuse, Get Away One of my first girlfriends I met and lived with when I came to Denver. She was a Spreadhead and she loved to twirl in the living room to this album. I loved her more than anything in this world and all was beautiful and enduring and rare between us. It was the happiest I've ever been with anyone, but one night she said she wanted to try seeing other people and so I went out and met someone else that night. When she found out, she was pissed- it was the same morning of the Columbine massacre- and it was the last I ever talked to her. I moved out a few days later and I still miss her to this day.

Railroad Earth - the original debut One of my best buddies from OPKS moved to Denver with his wife and dog and I was elated. We used to hang out drinking beers and I was listening to this album at the time. I was having the time of my life and this album matched my happiness then.

And that's just off the top of my head...

plbrdude
03-03-2006, 07:19 PM
these are in no paticular order
from the old days:

City Boy--The Day the Earth Caught Fire

The Dead Boys--Young Loud and Snotty

Kiss---Alive

Steve Jones--Fire and Gasoline

Jack Green--Humanesque

City Boy--Young Men Gone West

more recently:

Third Day--Offerings(1&2)

Big Tent Revival--Amplifier

Three Crosses--Live at Flevo

Switchfoot---Learning to Breathe

Archie F. Swin
03-03-2006, 08:01 PM
XTC - Black Sea (All-time best)

In no particular order:
Rush - A Farewell to Kings
Led Zeppelin - Physical Graffiti
Frank Zappa - Joes Garage
Flaming lips - Soft Bulletin
Ben Folds Five - The Unauthorized Bioagraphy of Reinhold Messner
Philip Glass - Einstein on the Beach
They Might Be Giants - Mink Car
A Tribe Called Quest - The Low End Theory
Dave Matthews Band - Under the Table and Dreaming
Decemberists - Picaresque
Ben Folds - Rockin' the Suburbs
Smashing Pumpkins - Siamese Dream
Rufus Wainwright-Poses

Nzoner
03-03-2006, 08:20 PM
Albums that are special to me even though none are my favs

The Guess Who-American Woman

Iron Butterfly-In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida

The Doors-Morrison Hotel

Black Sabbath-Master of Reality

Led Zeppelin-IV ZOSO

Tommy-The Movie Soundtrack

Ted Nugent-Free-For-All

ZZ Top-Fandango

Kraftwerk-Radioactivity

Bruce Springsteen-The River

patteeu
03-03-2006, 09:02 PM
Bob Seger's Live Bullet - My best friend in Junior High School turned me on to a lot of music (before I had my own 8 tracks/LPs or my own stereo) and this was one of the 8 tracks that we played the heck out of. A couple of others that made a big impression on me for the same reason are
Ted Nugent's Double Live Gonzo and
REO Speedwagon's You Get What You Play For.

Later, I got into hard rock and played these over and over:
AC/DC's Back In Black and
Judas Priest's Unleashed In The East

When I was heartbroken over a particular girl, I fell in love with a band that put out an amazing record of happy sounding melodies with lyrics that could make you want to slit your wrists:
The Jesus And Mary Chain's Darkland

I had drifted away from hard rock and was listening to more alternative stuff in the late 80's when I bought a record at a used record store that I'd heard plenty about but that I'd never actually heard. When I played it, I was immediately attracted to the high energy I'd always liked and that I'd been missing to some extent since I wasn't listening to much hard rock at the time:
Sex Pistol's Never Mind The Bollocks

Other records that have meant a lot to me at various times for various reasons include:
Angel City's Face To Face
Liz Phair's Whip Smart
Kid Rock's Devil Without A Cause
Offspring's Americana
Pennywise's Full Circle
MxPx' Ten Years & Running
Tech N9ne's Absolute Power
Fountains of Wayne's Welcome Interstate Managers
The Ravonettes' Chain Gang Of Love
Snow Patrol's Final Straw
Sahara Hotnights' Kiss And Tell

Munson
03-03-2006, 10:00 PM
Metallica - Master of Puppets
- And Justice for All

Red Hot Chili Peppers - BloodSugarSexMagik

Guns N' Roses - Appetite For Destruction (my all time favorite)
- Use Your Illusion I
- Use Your Illusion II

CosmicPal
03-04-2006, 09:26 AM
In no particular order:
Rush - A Farewell to Kings

Aww, the memories.

Led Zeppelin - Physical Graffiti

One of my fave Zep albums.

Frank Zappa - Joes Garage

Ha ha. This brings tears and a smile to my eyes. Wet T-Shirt Night! The Central Scrutinizer! or whatever. A buddy and I used to listen to this one summer- it's hilarious. Great album.

Flaming lips - Soft Bulletin

Nice choice

They Might Be Giants - Mink Car

Sweet...used to love these guys.

The only album of his worth anything.

Decemberists - Picaresque

Haven't heard, but I hear it's a great album. I might have to check it out.

The best album I've heard in a very long time.

ZepSinger
03-04-2006, 11:22 AM
Meet the Beatles- The Beatles
The album that started it all for me. As a 6 year old, I wanted to be a Rock Star(even tho that term hadn't been coined yet). The radical look, the 'band' concept, the guitars... this album honestly did change my life.

Tommy- The Who
Concept album. Double album. Wow. I asked for this for Christmas, then could not WAIT for those 3 weeks to end so I could open it!!!! Awesome.

The Dark Side of the Moon- Pink Floyd
Music best heard after midnight. Perfectly suited to Beaker Street, the big underground music radio station at the time. The SOUND. Absolutely groundbreaking. Still hear this album at least once every couple of weeks. Not bad for an album that came out well over 30 years ago...

Kiss ALIVE!- KISS
Rock as Theater. This came out at almost the same time that I actually started my first band. Our set list was 80% from this album. Bombs, drum platform, even our platform shoes came from this album. I had a pair of black pants with a big white star sown on the rear end. Sort of a weird tribute to Paul Stanley.

Queen- Queen
The debut album, released in 1973. I heard 'Keep Yourself Alive' on a car stereo commercial and FREAKED. The melodic vocals, the pomp, and most important, the metal crunch underneath it all. Still love these guys to this day.

Boston- Boston
The first time I heard 'More Than a Feeling' was on the way to a gig in our old red Chevy van. I thought it was the latest Queen. Again, the lure of orchestral harmonies laid over Marshall-powered guitar riffs was magic to me. I liked the albums that followed, but the original cannot be beat. 'More Than a Feeling' remains my favorite song to this day.

Infinity- Journey
I was already into the melodic rock of Queen and Boston, so when this album came out in 1978 I pounced on it like Whitlock on a bag of Funyums. I listened to it every single day for YEARS.

The Turn of a Friendly Card- The Alan Parsons Project
Throughout most of my road days, this was my favorite album. I heard this one more than any other in our bus. The lyrics were introspective and insightful- it was perfect mid-80's music

Watermark- Enya
As always, angelic harmonies have been huge for me. Maybe it's my age, I don't know, but somewhere in the early 90's this other musical side of me opened up. I can proudly say it- I like New Age music. Whew, glad to have that off my chest.

Summer- George Winston
Also about 1990, I started really getting into solo piano (a subgenre of New Age). I love all his albums, but Summer is probably my favorite from start to finish.

Waking Hours- Del Amitri
This one came out in the early 90's. The strength of the CD is definately the lyrics- so smart, so deep. Musically, the rock is pretty middle of the road; sort of a working man's U2. But the words- wonderful.

The Downward Spiral- Nine Inch Nails
I got into industrial about '93, and while the first NIN album was great(and contained my fav NIN tune 'Head Like a Hole'), Downward Spiral was a MASTERPIECE of the genre. Kind of a DSOTM of it's kind. I heard it described once as sounding like it had been recorded on a runway at LAX- that's pretty accurate. The sonic bombast, the use of sampling, dissonance and distortion. WOW. Killer album.

There are many more, but these are the milestone albums that mark the timeline of my younger days...

Z

Baby Lee
03-04-2006, 01:13 PM
Most I could pare it down, leaving out for the most part 'Greatest Hits' Collections

AC/DC Back in Black
Jennifer Warnes - Famous Blue Raincoat
Cowboy Junkies - The Trinity Sessions
The Band - To Kingdom Come
The Beach Boys - Pet Sounds
Eminem - The Marshall Mathers LP
Everclear - So Much for the Afterglow
Guns'n'Roses - Appetite for Destruction
John Lee Hooker - The Healer
Quincy Jones - Essential Collection
Wynton Marsalis - Standard Time Volume One
Jesus Christ Superstar
Outkast - Speakerboxxx and the Love Below
Pulp - A Different Class
Radiohead - OK Computer
Sonic Youth - Dirty
Tower of Power - Live and in Living Color
The Killers - Hot Fuss
Weezer - Weezer
Pink Floyd - The Dark Side of the Moon
Toy Matinee - Toy Matinee
Damien Rice - O
Folkways Woody Guthrie Tribute Concert

gblowfish
03-04-2006, 04:08 PM
http://www.georgeblowfish.com/twitch2.html

siberian khatru
03-04-2006, 05:55 PM
* Emerson, Lake & Palmer - "Tarkus"
* Moody Blues - "A Question of Balance"

My mother belonged to a record and tape club in the early 1970s and she had these two albums on cassette, but didn't really like them. Somehow, I got ahold of them and played them on the cheap portable cassette player she got from the club (and passed on to me because she and Dad had the good stereo equipment). Anyway, I was captivated by the cover art on both and listened to those two tapes constantly, and although I drifted from those two groups for a few years, they planted the seeds of my future (and current) love for prog rock.

* Carpenters - "The Singles 1969-73"
* Elton John - "Greatest Hits"

I asked for and got these albums for Christmas 1974. I also listened to them to death, memorized them note for note, word for word. Gave me an appreciation of harmony, melody and production.

* Soundtrack to the movie "Jaws"

The first soundtrack album I bought, one of many (which include "Star Wars," "King Kong," "Logan's Run" and "Superman"). Got me interested in orchestral arrangements and classical music, which also laid the groundwork for my later forays into prog.

* Pink Floyd -- "The Wall"

I saw a TV ad for the album with Gerald Scarfe's animation, and thought it looked neat. I was at an age where I was ready to leave pop music behind (lots of Carpenters and Beatles, etc.) and get "serious." So I bought the album and loved it, and immediately went out and bought "Dark Side of the Moon." That just blew me away, and I plunged into beginning my record collection of "serious" album rock. My folks had a rock encyclopedia that I studied; I'd read about groups that sounded interesting and did lots of trial and error; also bought groups that were compared to others that I liked. But it all started with "The Wall" in 1979.

* King Crimson -- "In the Court of the Crimson King"

Around 1980 or 81, I woke up in the middle of the night, 2 or 3 a.m., and my radio was on. Just then they began playing the song "The Court of The Crimson King," the likes of which I'd never heard before. It was like I was meant to hear that song. It just struck a chord in me, made me go out and buy the album. The first time I delved deep into the world of prog.

* Yes -- "Yessongs"

Around that same time I stayed up late one night watching USA Network's "Night Flight." They showed the Yes concert movie "Yessongs." I was captivated. Here was a group that had it all for me -- complex instrumentation, orchestral arrangements, hard rock and vocal harmonies. The next Saturday I went out and bought the triple live album "Yessongs." I still remember playing that thing at 4 a.m. in my basement as I played Strat-o-Matic baseball (geek alert). I became, and remain, a huge, huge Yes fan. That and King Crimson led me to embrace Genesis and a whole host of other prog bands -- including returning to my "roots," ELP and The Moody Blues, who started it all 35 years ago ...

Reaper16
03-04-2006, 06:00 PM
* Emerson, Lake & Palmer - "Tarkus"
* Moody Blues - "A Question of Balance"

My mother belonged to a record and tape club in the early 1970s and she had these two albums on cassette, but didn't really like them. Somehow, I got ahold of them and played them on the cheap portable cassette player she got from the club (and passed on to me because she and Dad had the good stereo equipment). Anyway, I was captivated by the cover art on both and listened to those two tapes constantly, and although I drifted from those two groups for a few years, they planted the seeds of my future (and current) love for prog rock.

* Carpenters - "The Singles 1969-73"
* Elton John - "Greatest Hits"

I asked for and got these albums for Christmas 1974. I also listened to them to death, memorized them note for note, word for word. Gave me an appreciation of harmony, melody and production.

* Soundtrack to the movie "Jaws"

The first soundtrack album I bought, one of many (which include "Star Wars," "King Kong," "Logan's Run" and "Superman"). Got me interested in orchestral arrangements and classical music, which also laid the groundwork for my later forays into prog.

* Pink Floyd -- "The Wall"

I saw a TV ad for the album with Gerald Scarfe's animation, and thought it looked neat. I was at an age where I was ready to leave pop music behind (lots of Carpenters and Beatles, etc.) and get "serious." So I bought the album and loved it, and immediately went out and bought "Dark Side of the Moon." That just blew me away, and I plunged into beginning my record collection of "serious" album rock. My folks had a rock encyclopedia that I studied; I'd read about groups that sounded interesting and did lots of trial and error; also bought groups that were compared to others that I liked. But it all started with "The Wall" in 1979.

* King Crimson -- "In the Court of the Crimson King"

Around 1980 or 81, I woke up in the middle of the night, 2 or 3 a.m., and my radio was on. Just then they began playing the song "The Court of The Crimson King," the likes of which I'd never heard before. It was like I was meant to hear that song. It just struck a chord in me, made me go out and buy the album. The first time I delved deep into the world of prog.

* Yes -- "Yessongs"

Around that same time I stayed up late one night watching USA Network's "Night Flight." They showed the Yes concert movie "Yessongs." I was captivated. Here was a group that had it all for me -- complex instrumentation, orchestral arrangements, hard rock and vocal harmonies. The next Saturday I went out and bought the triple live album "Yessongs." I still remember playing that thing at 4 a.m. in my basement as I played Strat-o-Matic baseball (geek alert). I became, and remain, a huge, huge Yes fan. That and King Crimson led me to embrace Genesis and a whole host of other prog bands -- including returning to my "roots," ELP and The Moody Blues, who started it all 35 years ago ...

Rep for awesomeness

StcChief
03-04-2006, 08:18 PM
Chrono....order

The Beatles - Revolver

Bob Dylan - Nashville Skyline

Jimi Hendrix Experience - Are You Experienced?

Rolling Stones - Let It Bleed

Cream - Wheels of Fire

Rolling Stones - Sticky Fingers

B.B.King - Live in Cook County Jail

The Allman Brothers - Beginnings

The James Gang - Rides Again

Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin, II
The Who - Who's Next

Alice Cooper - Killer

Black Sabbath - Paranoid

ELP - Tarkus

Miles Davis - Bitches Brew

Pink Floyd - Dark Side of The Moon

Z.Z. Top - Tres Hombres

David Bowie - Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars

The Eagles - On The Border

Neil Young - Harvest

Jackson Browne - For Everyman

Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here

Jeff Beck - Blow By Blow

Bob Segar - Live Bullet

SRV - Texas Flood
SRV - In Step

Robert Cray - Bad Influence

Just a few of some remembered favorites

Deberg_1990
03-04-2006, 09:04 PM
Too many to mention...but heres a few:

Led Zepplin: IV
AC/DC: Back in Black
Black Crows: Shake your Money Maker
Michael Jackson : Thriller
Phil Collins: No Jacket Required
Nirvana: Nevermind
Pearl Jam: Ten
Soundsgarden: SuperUnknown
Van Halen: 1 & II
Def Leppard: Pyromania
Guns N Roses: Appetite for Destruction
Fleetwood Mac: Rumors
Beastie Boys: License to Ill
Beatles: Sgt Pepper

CosmicPal
03-05-2006, 10:18 AM
I can't believe I forgot to mention this, but the one album that was a "big deal in my life" was strangely enough- Kiss "Love Gun"

I was a young boy at the time and was actually weening out of my Kiss fascination stage. My parents detested the fact I adored the band, but they knew it was something I liked and so they let it be. They always made it be known they didn't appreciate my tastes for the music, but they also understood I was just a kid.

Anyways, one summer, my dog perished. It was one of the hottest summers on record in Kansas City and we had to keep him outside 'cause he always tore up the house when we were gone. When we came home, we found him lying in the backyard- he had died from heat exhaustion and I was profoundly devastated. It broke my mother's heart to see the pain I was enduring over the loss of my dog, so she went to the store and bought me the Kiss "Love Gun" album to try to make things better. Even though she didn't appreciate the music or the band, she knew it would make me feel a little bit better.

I thought that was the coolest thing. The album didn't help with the pain of losing my dog, but the thought of my mother going out of her way to do that for me sure did. Thanks, mom.

SCTrojan
03-05-2006, 04:43 PM
Back in Black - AC/DC
Bread and Circus - Toad the Wet Sprocket
Honey - Ohio Players
Best of Earth Wind & Fire Vol. I
Book of Dreams - Steve Miller Band
Dark Side of the Moon - Pink Floyd
Escape - Journey
Boston - Boston
Secret World Live - Peter Gabriel
Live Monster - Big Head Todd and the Monsters
Babylon by Bus - Bob Marley
Lets Dance - David Bowie
This is an EP Release - Digital Underground
The Mothership Connection - Parliament
Battle for Los Angeles - Rage Against the Machine
MCMXC A.D. - Enigma

DMAC
03-05-2006, 05:30 PM
Pink Floyd- Animals

311- Grassroots

Blind Melon- No Rain

Porcupine Tree- Stupid Dream

Janes Addiction- Ritual De Lo Habitual

Peter Gabriel- Up

Led Zeppelin- III

Beatles- Revolver

Dream Theater- Scenes From A Memory

Metallica- ...And Justice for all

Creedence- Green River

Days Of The New- II

Supertramp- Breakfast in America

Yes- Close To The Edge

Molitoth
03-06-2006, 11:11 AM

Nightwish
03-06-2006, 11:54 AM
Pop (yes, Reaper, you can hang me):

Duran Duran - Seven and the Ragged Tiger
Madonna - Immaculate Collection
Michael Jackson - Thriller
Billy Joel - Stormfront

Hard Rock:

Night Ranger - Seven Wishes, Midnight Madness
Sammy Hagar - Standing Hampton
Blue Oyster Cult - Imaginos
Loverboy - all of them up to and including Lovin' Every Minute of It
Rush - everything up to and including Hold Your Fire; Vapor Trails
Motley Crue - Too Fast for Love, Shout at the Devil, GGG
Bon Jovi - Bon Jovi, 7800 Fahrenheit, Slippery When Wet

Metal:

Iron Maiden - Powerslave, Piece of Mind
Judas Priest - all the pre-Owens material
Nightwish - Wishmaster
Helloween - Keeper of the Seven Keys Part 1 (though really, everything)
Gamma Ray - Land of the Free, Somewhere Out in Space, Powerplant
Stratovarius - Destiny, Elements (both of them)
Edguy - Mandrake
Dream Theater - Images and Words, Awake
Blind Guardian - Forgotten Tales, Nightfall in Middle Earth
Sonata Arctica - Winterhearts Guild
Masterplan - Masterplan
Lee Aaron - Metal Queen (mainly for the included poster of her in skimpy chainmail, but it had some great rockers on it)

I'm sure the list could on.

MOhillbilly
03-06-2006, 11:54 AM
stuff i love but cant always hear on the FM.

highway to hell
kill em all RtL
motorhead
we sold our souls for rock n roll
number of the beast
summer of 81'-the violators
The Blitz- selftitled
SSD-power
anti-heros -thats right
MTBB-unfinished buisness
Skrewdriver- back w/ a bang
RKL- lifestyles of the rick kids on LSD
Beowulf-self
Excel-the jokes on you
NO Mercy- widespread bloodshed/love runs red
ST-self & feel like shit de javu
Sheer terror- just cant hate enough
Accussed- martha splatterheads madest stories ever told
D.I. somethin horse bites dog???

and shit-tons of other stuff.

memyselfI
03-11-2006, 06:04 PM
Led Zeppelin-Led Zeppelin aka LZ I

Page and Plant- No Quarter

YES-Close to the Edge

Talking Heads-Stop Making Sense

Rolling Stones-Let It Bleed

The Cars-The Cars

Sting-The Dream of the Blue Turtles

Buckwheat Zydeco-Choo Choo Boogaloo

Pink Floyd-Animals

The Beatles-Abbey Road

Reaper16
03-11-2006, 06:37 PM
Pop (yes, Reaper, you can hang me):
I wouldnt hang you for anything of the sort. God knows I listen to pop music too. It's not as if I'm heavy stuff all of the time; I just champion it.

Simplex3
03-12-2006, 07:40 PM
A Tribe Called Quest - The Low End Theory
Man, that was in my top 10. Of course it's my "why the f**k did I buy THAT for $15?" top 10.

Simplex3
03-12-2006, 07:54 PM
1. "Dirt", Alice In Chains
2. "Core", Stone Temple Pilots
3. "Adrenaline", Deftones
4. "Live in Paris", Diana Krall
5. "Maroon", Barenaked Ladies
6. "Rude Awakening", Prong
7. "Facelift", Alice In Chains
8. "Aftertaste", Helmet
9. "Godsmack", Godsmack
10 "Reinventing the Steel", Pantera

Inspector
03-13-2006, 09:02 AM
Todd Rundgren - Todd
Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon
The Letterman - greatest hits
Emerson, Lake & Palmer - Brain Salad Surgery
The Guess Who - Best of the Guess Who
Aphrodite's Child - 666
Beatles - pretty much all of them

And my newest, all-time favorite:
Vedera (fka Veda) - Weight of an Empty Room.

QuikSsurfer
03-14-2006, 03:31 PM
NIN - The Downward Spiral
Silverchair - Neon Ballroom
Tool - Lateralus
Radiohead - Kid A
Deftones - Around the Fur
Glassjaw - EYEWTKAS
Type O Negative - October Rust
Cursive - The Ugly Organ
Sunny Day Real Estate - Diary

QuikSsurfer
03-14-2006, 03:33 PM
I was suprized to see that on there.. +rep :)

Not in any order, I put this together in 2 minutes...

Incubus - SCIENCE
Pink Floyd - Animals
dredg - El Cielo
Matthew Good Band - Beautiful Midnight
Oceansize - Effloresce
Rishloo - Terras Fames
Saosin - Translating the Name EP
The Receiving End of Sirens - Between the Heart and the Synapse
Tool - Aenema
Coheed and Cambria - ALL ALBUMS

Matthew good rep+ :)
love that canadian

QuikSsurfer
03-14-2006, 08:24 PM
almost forgot..
Hum - You'd Prefer An Astronaut

if u don't know anything about this album.. kill yourself

ILChief
03-14-2006, 08:30 PM
Guns N' Roses - Use Your Illusions I & II
Pearl Jam - Ten
Metallica - Black Album
Nirvana - Nevermind
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Blood Sugar Sex Magic

Molitoth
03-15-2006, 04:16 PM
almost forgot..
Hum - You'd Prefer An Astronaut

if u don't know anything about this album.. kill yourself

A lot of people on this board would be dead.

Miles
03-15-2006, 10:45 PM
Some off the top of my head and limited to one album per band:

Radiohead - OK Computer
Tool - Aenima
Pearl Jam - Ten
Modest Mouse - The Moon and Antarctic
Dire Straits - Sultans of Swing: The Very Best of Dire Straits

MOhillbilly
03-16-2006, 07:17 AM
after reading this thread, you all need some red blood cells.

HC_Chief
03-16-2006, 08:55 AM
Skrewdriver- back w/ a bang

WTF? You like those nazi f*cksticks?

RKL- lifestyles of the rick kids on LSD

heh, I have a couple of their LPs. That's right, I said vinyl :p

Accussed- martha splatterheads madest stories ever told

Kewl. I promoted that show at The Outhouse ;) It ended up getting cancelled... I was PISSED! Problem was it was on a Thursday and the dude who ran TO at the time didn't think we'd get enough turnout, which was utter bullshit (put flyers up all over T-Town, Lawrence, and KC). That was before Fortier and Cutler took over the place.
I ended up traveling to the show down in Wichita; at the Emerald Ballroom. Great show! Opening was The Brotherhood, also from Seattle; a straight-edge band. They kicked mucho arse. I loved the Accused' set, but their singer was a dickhead. Tommy, the guitarist, was cool as hell tho'. We got him to pit with us during Brotherhood's set. He was hanging out, stage left, and we called at him to stage dive.... he obliged; then much slamming ensued. It was hot a f*ck in that place.... we were'nt slamming so much as splashing :D

D.I. somethin horse bites dog???

Horse Bites, Dog Cries. That's their best album. "Youth in Asia" is still one of my all-time favorite songs. That album also has "Hang Ten in East Berlin", "Jimmy Hung Himself", "Weapons", and bunch of other classic DI tracks.

jlscorpio
03-16-2006, 10:57 AM
everything from Kyuss/Queens of the Stone Age...

MOhillbilly
03-16-2006, 11:39 AM
WTF? You like those nazi f*cksticks?

heh, I have a couple of their LPs. That's right, I said vinyl :p

Kewl. I promoted that show at The Outhouse ;) It ended up getting cancelled... I was PISSED! Problem was it was on a Thursday and the dude who ran TO at the time didn't think we'd get enough turnout, which was utter bullshit (put flyers up all over T-Town, Lawrence, and KC). That was before Fortier and Cutler took over the place.
I ended up traveling to the show down in Wichita; at the Emerald Ballroom. Great show! Opening was The Brotherhood, also from Seattle; a straight-edge band. They kicked mucho arse. I loved the Accused' set, but their singer was a dickhead. Tommy, the guitarist, was cool as hell tho'. We got him to pit with us during Brotherhood's set. He was hanging out, stage left, and we called at him to stage dive.... he obliged; then much slamming ensued. It was hot a f*ck in that place.... we were'nt slamming so much as splashing :D

Horse Bites, Dog Cries. That's their best album. "Youth in Asia" is still one of my all-time favorite songs. That album also has "Hang Ten in East Berlin", "Jimmy Hung Himself", "Weapons", and bunch of other classic DI tracks.

yeah i bought Lifestyles w/ the comic for 5 bucks along w/ some cruci****s,jerrys kids and a boatload of other shit a few years back in a package deal.
The Accussed playing w/ a edge band? were the Accussed edge?

yeah DI is great, there clip on suburbia is wicked.

and yes i like skrewdriver and lots of other rac/wp bands same as i like other bands that i dont agree w/ politicaly.

you old farts are lucky bastards. got to see the goods in the hayday. theres been a nice turn around of late though.some really good new bands.

HC_Chief
03-16-2006, 01:22 PM
The Accussed playing w/ a edge band? were the Accussed edge?

Nope.

you old farts are lucky bastards. got to see the goods in the hayday. theres been a nice turn around of late though.some really good new bands.

Old farts? lol
I admit, I have seen a shitload of bands.

MOhillbilly
03-16-2006, 02:41 PM
Old farts? lol

Its relative only because of the tiny window the "golden era' came and went80-88ish. Those lucky enough to be born pre 70' were even then(late 80 early 90s) considered oldfarts by those born after say 1974'.

culture of youth blah blah blah.

Red Brooklyn
11-07-2008, 06:59 PM
again, keeping with the one artist per thing, and just to name a few...

DARK SIDE OF THE MOON - Pink Floyd
KIND OF BLUE - Miles Davis
THE BEATLES (WHITE ALBUM) - The Beatles
HUNKY DORY - David Bowie
TEN - Pearl Jam
BLACK SHEEP - Martin Sexton
THE CRANE WIFE - The Decemberists
JAGGED LITTLE PILL - Alanis Morissette
CSN - Crosby, Stills & Nash
GET BEHIND ME SATAN - The White Stripes
EITHER/OR - Elliott Smith
(COME ON FEEL THE) ILLINOISE - Sufjan Stevens
BEFORE THESE CROWEDED STREETS - Dave Matthews Band
THE UNAUTHORIZED BIOGRAPHY OF REINHOLD MESSNER - Ben Folds Five
LED ZEPPLIN III - Led Zepplin
HIGHWAY 61 REVISITED - Bob Dylan
OK COMPUTER - Radiohead
PINKERTON - Weezer
EXILE IN GUYVILLE - Liz Phair
GOOD NEWS FOR PEOPLE WHO LOVE BAD NEWS - Modest Mouse
PURPLE - STP
DIRT - Alice In Chains
EUPHORIA MORNING - Chris Cornell
THE EMINEM SHOW - Eminem
PEARL - Janis Joplin

... just to name a few...

Fruit Ninja
11-08-2008, 02:37 AM
Unplugged from Nirvana.
Nevermind, Nirvana
Korn, Korn
Bush, Sixteen Stone
Flyleaf, Flyleaf
Deftones, Adrenaline
NWA, ****as4life
Brotha Lynch Hung, Season of the Siccness
BrentonWood, Greatest hits. I know its songs from all his albums, but i love that stuff.
Cypress Hill, First Album
Ice Cube, Lethal Injection
Pantera, Far Beyond Driven
Dr. Dre, The Chronic
Too Short, Life is.

Few more here and there, but the jist of it.

Raiderhater58
11-09-2008, 03:30 AM
Slayer - Reign in Blood
Alice in Chains - Facelift
TOOL - Aenema
Marilyn Manson - Antichrist Superstar
AC/DC - Back in Black
Ozzy - Speak of the Devil
Slayer - South of Heaven
Kiss - Alive
Ozzy - Diary of a Madman

*In no particular order

KCUnited
11-09-2008, 07:56 AM
No particular order

Vio-lence - Eternal Nightmare
Obituary - Cause of Death
Suicidal Tendencies - How Will I Laugh Tomorrow
Engorged - Where Monsters Dwell
Acid Bath - When The Kite Strings Pop
Morbid Angel - Alters of Madness
Cryptic Slaughter - Money Talks
Testament - The Legacy
Death - Leprosy
D.R.I. - Crossover
At The Gates - Slaughter of the Soul
Exodus - Bonded By Blood

phisherman
11-09-2008, 08:44 AM
neutral milk hotel - in an aeroplane over the sea
television - marquee moon
steely dan - can't buy a thrill
flaming lips - yoshimi battles the pink robots and soft bulletin
son volt - trace
nick drake - pink moon
neil young - on the beach
john coltrane - live at birdland
they might be giants - lincoln
explosions in the sky - all of a sudden i miss everyone
built to spill - keep it like a secret
slayer - reign in blood
belle and sebastian - tigermilk
band of horses - cease to begin
arcade fire - funeral
the band - music from big pink

among hundreds of others

Jilly
11-09-2008, 08:51 AM
This is the most telling thread about who we are.

Molitoth
11-09-2008, 08:52 AM
Pink Floyd - Animals
Incubus - SCIENCE
Tool - Lateralus
Deftones - Adreneline
Rishloo - Eidolon
Oceansize - Effloresce
Dredg - El Cielo

A quick list off the top of my head.

patteeu
11-09-2008, 08:54 AM
This is the most telling thread about who we are.

Who are you, Jilly? (I.E. where's your list?)

Red Brooklyn
11-09-2008, 09:05 AM
Some off the top of my head and limited to one album per band:

Radiohead - OK Computer
Tool - Aenima
Pearl Jam - Ten
Modest Mouse - The Moon and Antarctic
Dire Straits - Sultans of Swing: The Very Best of Dire Straits

very nice list. all excellent, excellent, albums.

Buehler445
11-09-2008, 09:11 AM
Pretty decent stuff in this thread here are a few of mine.

Taking Back Sunday - Tell all your friends Not as much anymore, I can still set it on random for a few weeks, but I don't even know how many times I listed to that straight through in college.

Brand New - Your Favorite Weapon Some of the most technically simple music that has ever been released, but it is damn catchy. Their later albums got a LOT more alternative for lack of a better term. Some of the songs on the later albums are good, but I just don't like them as much.

Seether - Disclaimer I love me some Seether. Picked it up when they first came out. Goooooooood shiiiiiit.

Unwritten Law - ELVA I don't know what it is about this album. I just keep listening to it. Some pretty decent songs on here.

Taking Back Sunday - Louder Now Great Album

AC/DC - Back in Black No explanation needed here.

Atheneaum - Radiance Pretty good album IMO. Maybe not top tier, but certainly one I listened to over and over.

Marvelous 3 - Ready Sex Go! I really REALLY like their shit, but I can't find anymore of their albums.

These probably aren't "good" albums like you guys think, but they are ones that I can listen to straight through or set on random in my car and just listen to awhile.

Chiefless
11-09-2008, 11:21 AM
This is a difficult task...I am obsessed with music. In No particular Order...sorry for the long list

Thin Lizzy : Jailbreak
Rush : 2112
UFO : Obsession
The Eastern Dark : Girls on the Beach (With Cars)
Red Snapper : Making Bones
Godspeed You! Black Emporer : F# A# (Infinity)
Neil Young : After The Gold Rush
Dexy's Midnight Runners : Searching for the Young Soul Rebels
Chumbawamba : Shhh
Pavement : Slanted and Enchanted
Buzzcocks : Singles Going Steady
The Clash : London Calling
Bad Brains : Bad Brains
Crooked Fingers : Crooked Fingers
The Kinks : Musswell Hillbillies
Alice Cooper : Love it to Death
Ryan Adams : Heart Breaker
Chrome : Half Machine Lip Moves
Arab Strap : Philophobia
Big Star #1 Record/Radio City
Butthole Surfers : Independent Worm Saloon
Die Kruetzen : Gone Away
The Flaming Lips : Hit to Death in the Future Head
The Frames : Burn the Maps
Freakwater: Endtime
Funkadelic : Maggot Brain
Al Green : I'm Still in Love with You
Emmylou Harris : Luxury Liner
Iron Maiden : Iron Maiden
Judas Priest : Hell Bent for Leather
Looper : Up a Tree
Massive Attack : Mezzanine
Material Issue : Freak City Soundtrack
Motorhead : Another Perfect Day
Willie Nelson : Stardust
Gram Parsons : Greivous Angel
The Pretenders : The Pretenders
Pulp : A different Class
The Scorpions : Animal Magnetism
SOD : Speak English or Die
Tricky : Maxinquaye
Ween : Shinola (vol. 1)
Hank III : Straight to Hell
Wire : Pink Flag

KcMizzou
11-09-2008, 11:29 AM
Dr. Dre : The Chronic
Nirvana : Nevermind
Fleetwood Mac : Rumours
Alice in Chains : Dirt
Tupac Shakur : Me Against the World
Guns and Roses : Appetite for Destruction
ACDC : Back in Black
Heart : Dreamboat Annie
Smashing Pumpkins : Siamese Dream
Aerosmith : Permanent Vacation
Def Leppard : Hysteria

Just a few...

Red Brooklyn
11-09-2008, 11:46 AM
This is a difficult task...I am obsessed with music. In No particular Order...sorry for the long list

Thin Lizzy : Jailbreak
Rush : 2112
UFO : Obsession
The Eastern Dark : Girls on the Beach (With Cars)
Red Snapper : Making Bones
Godspeed You! Black Emporer : F# A# (Infinity)
Neil Young : After The Gold Rush
Dexy's Midnight Runners : Searching for the Young Soul Rebels
Chumbawamba : Shhh
Pavement : Slanted and Enchanted
Buzzcocks : Singles Going Steady
The Clash : London Calling
Bad Brains : Bad Brains
Crooked Fingers : Crooked Fingers
The Kinks : Musswell Hillbillies
Alice Cooper : Love it to Death
Ryan Adams : Heart Breaker
Chrome : Half Machine Lip Moves
Arab Strap : Philophobia
Big Star #1 Record/Radio City
Butthole Surfers : Independent Worm Saloon
Die Kruetzen : Gone Away
The Flaming Lips : Hit to Death in the Future Head
The Frames : Burn the Maps
Freakwater: Endtime
Funkadelic : Maggot Brain
Al Green : I'm Still in Love with You
Emmylou Harris : Luxury Liner
Iron Maiden : Iron Maiden
Judas Priest : Hell Bent for Leather
Looper : Up a Tree
Massive Attack : Mezzanine
Material Issue : Freak City Soundtrack
Motorhead : Another Perfect Day
Willie Nelson : Stardust
Gram Parsons : Greivous Angel
The Pretenders : The Pretenders
Pulp : A different Class
The Scorpions : Animal Magnetism
SOD : Speak English or Die
Tricky : Maxinquaye
Ween : Shinola (vol. 1)
Hank III : Straight to Hell
Wire : Pink Flag

:clap:

Friendo
11-09-2008, 12:07 PM
Quadrophenia/Who's Next
Dire Straits 1st
Gaucho/Steely Dan The Nightfly/DF
Brothers and Sisters/Laid Back---Allman Brothers/GA
Moondance/Van Morrison
Teaser and the Firecat/Cat Stevens
Blues for Allah/Grateful Dead
Strong Persuader/Robert Cray
Ray Charles Greatest Hits
In Step/SRV

Inspector
11-09-2008, 12:17 PM
"Stages" by Vedera.

To be released by Epic records early 2009.

I've heard it and I can't wait for the release.

Jilly
11-10-2008, 08:50 AM
Who are you, Jilly? (I.E. where's your list?)

You'll make fun of it, but here goes:

Bob Schneider - Lonelyland; I'm Good Now
DMB - Crash
Dixie Chicks - Taking the Long Way
Joss Stone - Introducing Joss Stone; Mind, Body, and Soul
Ray Charles - Genius Loves Company
Van Morrison - Moondance
Bare Naked Ladies - Stunt
Beach Boys - Pet Sounds
Love Actually Soundtrack
Avenue Q
Rent
Mamma Mia

patteeu
11-10-2008, 09:02 AM

DMB - Crash
Van Morrison - Moondance
Beach Boys - Pet Sounds
Love Actually Soundtrack
Avenue Q
Rent
Mamma Mia

Nah. I have a "to each her own" philosophy when it comes to music preferences.

I can't believe anyone would put an album from this guy on their favorite's list though:

http://www.screenhead.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/robschneidercherry.jpg

Jilly
11-10-2008, 09:33 AM
Nah. I have a "to each her own" philosophy when it comes to music preferences.

I can't believe anyone would put an album from this guy on their favorite's list though:

http://www.screenhead.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/robschneidercherry.jpg

Nice! And thanks for not making fun... I'm always embarrassed about what I listen to, not sure why.

Red Brooklyn
11-10-2008, 10:40 AM
:rockon:Dr. Dre : The Chronic
Nirvana : Nevermind
Fleetwood Mac : Rumours
Alice in Chains : Dirt
Tupac Shakur : Me Against the World
Guns and Roses : Appetite for Destruction
ACDC : Back in Black
Heart : Dreamboat Annie
Smashing Pumpkins : Siamese Dream
Aerosmith : Permanent Vacation
Def Leppard : Hysteria

Just a few...

My name is Red Brooklyn and I approve this list. :thumb:

:rockon:

Red Brooklyn
11-10-2008, 10:44 AM

DMB - Crash
Van Morrison - Moondance
Beach Boys - Pet Sounds
Love Actually Soundtrack
Avenue Q
Rent
Mamma Mia

what's to make fun of? This is a great list!

gblowfish
11-10-2008, 10:58 AM
Gin Blossoms: New Miserable Experience
Elvis Costello: This Year's Model
James Brown: CD of JB
Pink Floyd: Wish You Were Here
Dire Straits: First Album (Dire Straits)
Neil Young: Harvest
Beatles: White Album
Todd Rundgren: Something? Anything?
Lou Reed: Rock n Roll Animal
John Hiatt: Bring the Family
Allman Bros: Brothers & Sisters
Led Zeppelin: Physical Graffiti
The Who: Who's Next?
ZZ Top: El Loco
Fabulous T-Birds: T-Bird Rhythm
Frank Zappa: Joe's Garage
Elvis Presley: #1 Hits
Los Lobos: How Will The Wolf Survive?

That should last me for a day or two...

Jawshco
11-10-2008, 11:54 AM
As a musician and an absolute lover of music, a quick top ten list is impossible for me. But here are most of the albums that really changed my life. I've probably been very liberal in robbing from them all:

Faith No More- Angle Dust
Mr. Bungle- California
They Might Be Giants- Flood
Dead Milkmen- Big Lizard in my Back Yard
Ministry- Psalm 69
Butthole Surfers- Electriclarryland
Devo- Freedom of Choice
White Zombie- La Sexorcisto
Fugazi- Margin Walker
Black Flag- My War
Dead Kennedy's- Fresh Fruit for Rotting Vegtables
Meat Puppets-II
The Clash- London Calling
Danzig- Danzig
The Who- Who's Next
Type O Negative- Bloody Kisses
Radiohead- Pablo Honey
Jimi Hendrix- Are You Experienced?
AC/DC- T.N.T.
RUSH- Moving Pictures
Black Sabbath- Paranoid/Heaven and Hell
Dio- Holy Diver
Led Zepplin- III
Alice in Chains- Facelift
Verve Pipe- The Verve Pipe
Tool- Aenema
Aerosmith- Toys in the Attic
Red Hot Chili Peppers- Blood Sugar Sex Magic
Soundgarden- Bad Motorfinger
Pearl Jam- Ten
Nirvana- Nevermind
Iron Maiden- Piece of Mind
Megadeth- Rust in Peace
Metallica- Black Album
Judas Priest- British Steele
White Stripes- Elephant
Guns and Roses- Appetite for Destruction
KISS- Destroyer

These are mostly Rock albums, which I list since I've always been in rock bands, but I certainly enjoy other genres as well.

QuikSsurfer
11-10-2008, 12:00 PM
As a musician and an absolute lover of music, a quick top ten list is impossible for me. But here are most of the albums that really changed my life. I've probably been very liberal in robbing from them all:

Faith No More- Angle Dust
Mr. Bungle- California
They Might Be Giants- Flood
Dead Milkmen- Big Lizard in my Back Yard
Ministry- Psalm 69
Butthole Surfers- Electriclarryland
Devo- Freedom of Choice
White Zombie- La Sexorcisto
Fugazi- Margin Walker
Black Flag- My War
Dead Kennedy's- Fresh Fruit for Rotting Vegtables
Meat Puppets-II
The Clash- London Calling
Danzig- Danzig
The Who- Who's Next
Type O Negative- Bloody Kisses
Radiohead- Pablo Honey
Jimi Hendrix- Are You Experienced?
AC/DC- T.N.T.
RUSH- Moving Pictures
Black Sabbath- Paranoid/Heaven and Hell
Dio- Holy Diver
Led Zepplin- III
Alice in Chains- Facelift
Verve Pipe- The Verve Pipe
Tool- Aenema
Aerosmith- Toys in the Attic
Red Hot Chili Peppers- Blood Sugar Sex Magic
Soundgarden- Bad Motorfinger
Pearl Jam- Ten
Nirvana- Nevermind
Iron Maiden- Piece of Mind
Megadeth- Rust in Peace
Metallica- Black Album
Judas Priest- British Steele
White Stripes- Elephant
Guns and Roses- Appetite for Destruction
KISS- Destroyer

These are mostly Rock albums, which I list since I've always been in rock bands, but I certainly enjoy other genres as well.

Great list

Demonpenz
11-10-2008, 12:20 PM
wha? no Michael bolton?

HC_Chief
11-10-2008, 01:27 PM
Black Flag: My War
Bad Brains: Bad Brains
Bad Religion: Suffer
Dillinger Escape Plan: Ire Works
DOA: Bloody but Unbowed
The Clash: The Clash
Butthole Surfers: Electriclarryland
The Circle Jerks: Group Sex
D.R.I.: Dealing With It
Dead Kennedys: Fresh Fruit for Rotting Vegetables
Guttermouth: Musical Monkey
Meshuggah: obZen
Ministry: The Mind is a Terrible Thing to Taste
Minor Threat: Minor Threat
NOFX: Punk In Drublic
Pink Floyd: Animals
The Sex Pistols: Nevermind the Bollocks
Slayer: Reign In Blood
Stormtroopers of Death: Speak English or Die
The Suicide Machines: Battle Hymns
System of a Down: Hypnotize
Tool: 10,000 Days
The Vandals: Live Fast Diarreha
VoiVod: Dimension Hatross

Jawshco
11-10-2008, 01:28 PM
wha? no Michael bolton?

LOL! yeah, no Micahel Bolton for me. But you know, I've seem some of those "softy" music dudes live, and actually enjoyed it. I've seen Yanni, Rod Stewart, and John Tesh. Say what you want, but each of those acts had killer bands that made it worthwhile. They all did musical solo sections that let there musicians do their own thing, and it was awesome. Yanni's bassist was amazing, Tesh had drummer that sounded just huge, but he played this tiny little set. And Stewart had a whole rotation of musicians that rocked. I don't own any of their albums but I did enjoy the show (note: I didn't pay for any of them- they were family events).

On a side note: I saw Gretchen Wilson's band doing warm ups for their show at the Fresno Fair. They played Rush's Tom Sawyer, and Rage Against the Machine's Bulls on Parade. Now that's a "country" band I could like, LOL! Of course when the little lady came out to sing- they all got into "character." Hehehehe...hey a gig's a gig I guess.

Jawshco
11-10-2008, 01:32 PM

Those are all good choices. I'm embarrassed that I forgot to list a few of those bands. How could I forget, SOAD, Sex Pistols, and Slayer? LOL! I love Minor Threat too, but I already listed Fugazi so I didn't put them on. Anyway, great albums.

Chiefless
11-10-2008, 01:38 PM

Gawd I love that Voivod album...circa 1984???

Jawshco
11-10-2008, 01:43 PM

DMB - Crash
Van Morrison - Moondance
Beach Boys - Pet Sounds
Love Actually Soundtrack
Avenue Q
Rent
Mamma Mia

What? No Hanna Montana, Best of Both Worlds? For shame.... STFU LOL!

I do like Dave Mathews Band (but get annoyed at some of his "Guitar Center" fans that like nothing else). He's got some cool tunes. You gotta love ya' some Ray and Van. And the Beach Boys are a classic.

I haven't had a chance to hear any of the others, and the Dixie Chicks are a bit out of my country comfort zone. I stick to Marty Robbins, Junior Brown, Hank Williams (part 1, 2 & 3), classic bluegrass, Oakridge Boys, Kenny Rogers, Willie, and Allison Krause. When Country goes "pop," I just feel this retching feeling in my stomach. The Dixie Chicks are talented, but they're just a little too close to that Shania State line, and not close enough to old school Dollyville. But that's just my opinion.

There really aren't any wrong answers when it comes to music.

HC_Chief
11-10-2008, 01:49 PM
Gawd I love that Voivod album...circa 1984???

IIRC '85

Macrosolutions to Megaproblems has one of the baddest guitar riffs ever.

VoiVod is the first band to extensively use dischords

Jawshco
11-10-2008, 02:02 PM
IIRC '85

Macrosolutions to Megaproblems has one of the baddest guitar riffs ever.

VoiVod is the first band to extensively use dischords

Yeah, other bands did it, but not like VoidVod. It's a very cool sound. I have to admit that my band has borrowed the technique as well. Mark VoidVod as another band that should have been on my list.

Jawshco
11-10-2008, 02:06 PM
Frak...I forgot about Primus! I love Primus. Sailing the Seas of Cheese, Pork Soda, and Antipop, are all good albums. They have a couple songs where Ler' is soloing in a completely different key than Les, and it just works somehow. I love it.

POND_OF_RED
11-11-2008, 02:15 AM
Top 5:
5. Green Day: Dookie
4. Eminem: Slim Shady LP
3. Metallica: Black Album
2. Boyz 2 Men: II
1. Dr Dre: Chronic 2001

Demonpenz
11-11-2008, 10:31 AM
Modest Mouse good news for people who like bad news
Eminem: Slim Shady LP
Dr Dre the chronic
The urge recieving the gift of flavor
The urge mastor of styles
311 blue
311 grass roots
incubus S.c.i.e.n.c.e.
Deftones adrenaline
Red hot chili peppers staduim arcadia
Killers hot fuss
Rush Chronicles.
tool 10,000 days
Kottonmouth kings Royal Highness
Insane clown posse Great Melinko (LOL)
Foo fighters self titled
Goo goo dolls by named goo
Metallica Ride the lightning
Metallica black album
I wish I could find my wierd al yankavitch the one where he parady's nirvana on it. That was the bomb.com
Tony Hawk cd's that came with the games were nice
Adam Sandlers cd the one with lunch lady on it. I haven't heard that cd in original format, but it is in my list.
Muse
2 skinnie j's 718
There are some like nirvana nevermind and pearl jam ten That were my favorites, but every lyric every note every inch of that cd has been played so many times in my head, on my guitar, on drums that I could live without hearing again

Sully
11-11-2008, 11:12 AM
The Urge-Receiving the Gift of Flavor
Metallica- And Justice for all
Foo Fighters (anything)
Genesis- Invisible Touch (yes...I said it)
Def Leppard- Hysteria (I'm friggin fearless)
Tool (anything)
Pearl Jam-10
and probably 18 others I can't think of right now...

Pablo
11-11-2008, 11:39 AM
Radiohead - The Bends/OK Computer/Kid A
TBS - Tell All Your Friends
Pink Floyd - Animals
Mogwai - CODY
Modest Mouse - Building Nothing out of Something
The Good Life - Blackout
Smashing Pumpkins - Siamese Dream
Elliott Smith - Either/Or
Q And Not U - Different Damage
Weezer - Blue Album
The Appleseed Cast - Mare Vitalis
Ben Folds Five - Whatever and Ever Amen
Bright Eyes - Lifted

CosmicPal
11-11-2008, 12:02 PM
In alphabetical order, my all-time favorites:

U2 "Achtung Baby"
Grateful Dead "American Beauty"
Pink Floyd "Animals"
Van Morrison "Astral Weeks"
Miles Davis "Bitches Brew"
Bob Dylan "Blonde on Blonde"
David & David "Boomtown"
Pink Floyd "Dark Side of the Moon"
Pixies "Doolittle"
Portishead "Dummy"
Arcade Fire "Funeral"
Leonard Cohen "The Future"
Can "Future Days"
Sufjan Stevens "Illinois"
U2 "The Joshua Tree"
Velvet Underground "Loaded"
The Clash "London Calling"
Funkadelic "Maggot Brain"
Billy Bragg & Wilco "Mermaid Avenue"
Rush "Moving Pictures"
Tom Waits "Mule Variations"
R.E.M. "Murmur"
Bruce Springsteen "Nebraska"
Jane's Addiction "Nothing's Shocking"
Iron & Wine "Our Endless Numbered Days"
The Black Angels "Passover"
The Beach Boys "Pet Sounds"
John Lennon "Plastic Ono Band"
Tom Waits "Raindogs"
The Beatles "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band"
Beck "Sea Change"
Howard Wales & Jerry Garcia "Side Trips"
Maggi, Pierce & EJ "Silver"
Big Head Todd & The Monsters "Sister Sweetly"
Brian Wilson "Smile"
The Stone Roses "The Stone Roses"
Ramsey Lewis "Sun Goddess"
Tom Waits "Swordfishtrombones"
Can "Tago Mago"
Widespread Panic "Til the Medicine Takes"
Joe Henry "Trampoline"
Elton John "Tumbleweed Connection"
Van Morrison "Veedon Fleece"
The Velvet Underground & Nico "The Velvet Underground"
Pink Floyd "The Wall"
U2 "War"
The White Stripes "White Blood Cells"
The Who "Who's Next"
Creedence Clearwater Rivival "Willy and the Poor Boys"
The Shins "Wincing the Night Away"
Pink Floyd "Wish You Were Here"
Wilco "Yankee Hotel Foxtrot"
The Flaming Lips "Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots"

Portlantis
11-12-2008, 10:23 AM
Ten favorite, in no particular order

The Beatles - Revolver
The Beatles - Rubber Soul
Beck - Midnite Vultures
The Avalanches - Since I Left You
The New Pornographers - Twin Cinema
The Kinks - The Kinks are the Village Green Preservation Society
Pixies - Bossanova
Cake - Comfort Eagle
Tom Petty - Wildflowers
Kings of Leon - Aha Shake Heartbreak

Portlantis
11-12-2008, 10:36 AM
The Urge-Receiving the Gift of Flavor
Metallica- And Justice for all
Foo Fighters (anything)
Genesis- Invisible Touch (yes...I said it)
Def Leppard- Hysteria (I'm friggin fearless)
Tool (anything)
Pearl Jam-10
and probably 18 others I can't think of right now...

Invisible Touch? Really?

I actually like Abacab and Genesis a lot. I think those albums strike the perfect balance between Genesis' prog rock roots and Phil Collins' pop sensibilities. Invisible Touch is where I think they jumped the shark. But to each his own.

blaise
11-12-2008, 12:34 PM
I'll list just a couple that I didn't see listed:

DAS EFX: Dead Serious
A Tribe Called Quest: Low End Theory & Midnight Marauders
Beastie Boys: Paul's Boutique
Rancid: And Out Come the Wolves

Deberg_1990
11-12-2008, 02:58 PM
Invisible Touch? Really?

I actually like Abacab and Genesis a lot. I think those albums strike the perfect balance between Genesis' prog rock roots and Phil Collins' pop sensibilities. Invisible Touch is where I think they jumped the shark. But to each his own.

I like Invisble Touch as well.

Yes its more poppy, but its got a few progressive rocks songs on there.

No Nickelback on anyones list?????

DeepPurple
11-12-2008, 04:23 PM
Uriah Heep 'Live January 1973'
Uriah Heep 'Demons & Wizards'
Uriah Heep 'Magicians Birthday'

Nazareth 'Malice in Wonderland'
Nazareth 'Live Snaz'

Peter Gabriel 'Security'
Peter Gabriel 'Plays Live'

Psychedelic Furs 'Mirror Moves'
Psychedelic Furs 'Forever Now'

Prince 'Purple Rain'

The Doors 'Strange Days'
The Doors 'Waiting for the Sun'
The Doors 'L.A. Woman'
The Doors 'The Doors'
The Doors 'Absolutely Live'
The Doors 'Morrison Hotel'

Grand Funk 'Grand Funk'
Grand Funk 'Survival'
Grand Funk 'Closer to Home'
Grand Funk 'Live Album'

DeepPurple
11-12-2008, 04:30 PM
Invisible Touch? Really?

Do you like Phil Collins? I've been a big Genesis fan ever since the release of their 1980 album, Duke. Before that, I really didn't understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual. It was on Duke where Phil Collins' presence became more apparent. I think Invisible Touch was the group's undisputed masterpiece. It's an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums. Christy, take off your robe. Listen to the brilliant ensemble playing of Banks, Collins and Rutherford. You can practically hear every nuance of every instrument. Sabrina, remove your dress. In terms of lyrical craftsmanship, the sheer songwriting, this album hits a new peak of professionalism. Sabrina, why don't you, uh, dance a little. Take the lyrics to Land of Confusion. In this song, Phil Collins addresses the problems of abusive political authority. In Too Deep is the most moving pop song of the 1980s, about monogamy and commitment. The song is extremely uplifting. Their lyrics are as positive and affirmative as anything I've heard in rock. Christy, get down on your knees so Sabrina can see your asshole. Phil Collins' solo career seems to be more commercial and therefore more satisfying, in a narrower way. Especially songs like In the Air Tonight and Against All Odds. Sabrina, don't just stare at it, eat it. But I also think Phil Collins works best within the confines of the group, than as a solo artist, and I stress the word artist. This is Sussudio, a great, great song, a personal favorite. Patrick Bateman American Psycho

Ari Chi3fs
11-12-2008, 05:30 PM
http://www.rocklistmusic.co.uk/rstone.html#Readers 100

Fruit Ninja
11-12-2008, 09:43 PM
I'll list just a couple that I didn't see listed:

DAS EFX: Dead Serious
A Tribe Called Quest: Low End Theory & Midnight Marauders
Beastie Boys: Paul's Boutique
Rancid: And Out Come the Wolves

dont know how i forgot Paul's Boutique. Also License to Ill.

ChiefJustice
11-12-2008, 10:16 PM
No order here...

Pixies:'Doolittle'- A masterpiece

The Breeders:'Pod'- Post-Pixies debut for Kim Deal

Beck:'Odelay'-brilliant

Beastie Boys:'Paul's Boutique'-took hip hop to another level

Poe:'Hello'-from start to finish this one cannot be denied

Charlie Parker:'The Essential Charlie Parker'-I've never heard anything quite as beautiful as when Parker plays "Kansas City"

The Cure:'Staring at the Sea'-Awesome collection of singles

Blondie:'Parallel Lines'-simply Deb-tastic

Interpol:'Turn on the bright lights'-a solid debut

Elvis:'Aloha from Hawaii'-The King knew how to entertain a live audience

NWA:'Straight outta Compton'-Dope man,Dope man

INXS:'Kick'-alot of great tracks

Various:'Trainspotting'-I hated electronica/club music before I heard this excellent mix

The Ramones:Debut-Rock and Roll was never the same afterwards

Dead Kennedys:'Bedtime for Democracy'-perfect 80's angst

ABBA:'Gold'-That's right..KFD ABBA!!! Time will tell on that shit!

I only tried to mention ones that hadn't already been listed.

QuikSsurfer
11-13-2008, 12:37 AM
No order here...

Pixies:'Doolittle'- A masterpiece

The Breeders:'Pod'- Post-Pixies debut for Kim Deal

Beck:'Odelay'-brilliant

Beastie Boys:'Paul's Boutique'-took hip hop to another level

Poe:'Hello'-from start to finish this one cannot be denied

Charlie Parker:'The Essential Charlie Parker'-I've never heard anything quite as beautiful as when Parker plays "Kansas City"

The Cure:'Staring at the Sea'-Awesome collection of singles

Blondie:'Parallel Lines'-simply Deb-tastic

Interpol:'Turn on the bright lights'-a solid debut

Elvis:'Aloha from Hawaii'-The King knew how to entertain a live audience

NWA:'Straight outta Compton'-Dope man,Dope man

INXS:'Kick'-alot of great tracks

Various:'Trainspotting'-I hated electronica/club music before I heard this excellent mix

The Ramones:Debut-Rock and Roll was never the same afterwards

Dead Kennedys:'Bedtime for Democracy'-perfect 80's angst

ABBA:'Gold'-That's right..KFD ABBA!!! Time will tell on that shit!

I only tried to mention ones that hadn't already been listed.

I absolutely LOVED Interpol's "Turn on the bright lights". I enjoyed Antics as well. But the opening track to their debut is perfect.

Odelay goes without saying :)

Portlantis
11-13-2008, 05:39 AM
Do you like Phil Collins? I've been a big Genesis fan ever since the release of their 1980 album, Duke. Before that, I really didn't understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual. It was on Duke where Phil Collins' presence became more apparent. I think Invisible Touch was the group's undisputed masterpiece. It's an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums. Christy, take off your robe. Listen to the brilliant ensemble playing of Banks, Collins and Rutherford. You can practically hear every nuance of every instrument. Sabrina, remove your dress. In terms of lyrical craftsmanship, the sheer songwriting, this album hits a new peak of professionalism. Sabrina, why don't you, uh, dance a little. Take the lyrics to Land of Confusion. In this song, Phil Collins addresses the problems of abusive political authority. In Too Deep is the most moving pop song of the 1980s, about monogamy and commitment. The song is extremely uplifting. Their lyrics are as positive and affirmative as anything I've heard in rock. Christy, get down on your knees so Sabrina can see your asshole. Phil Collins' solo career seems to be more commercial and therefore more satisfying, in a narrower way. Especially songs like In the Air Tonight and Against All Odds. Sabrina, don't just stare at it, eat it. But I also think Phil Collins works best within the confines of the group, than as a solo artist, and I stress the word artist. This is Sussudio, a great, great song, a personal favorite. Patrick Bateman American Psycho

Is that from the book? In the movie, they used Hughie Lewis and the News instead.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/POl3eD6IJ7A&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/POl3eD6IJ7A&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Portlantis
11-13-2008, 05:46 AM
Is that from the book? In the movie, they used Hughie Lewis and the News instead.

Never mind. The Phil Collins scene is in the movie as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBlopUCP8xc (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBlopUCP8xc)

The Hughie Lewis one is more memorable, though.

Demonpenz
11-13-2008, 02:32 PM
I could get on board with some fenton robinson, Stevie Ray Vaughn, I just forget what songs are on what cd's because I have dvd's and digital channels on time warner

Micjones
11-13-2008, 04:21 PM
"Reasonable Doubt" - Jay-Z
"Ready To Die" - The Notorious B.I.G.
"It Was Written" - Nas
"Kind of Blue" - Miles Davis
"The Very Best of John Coltrane" (Impulse) - John Coltrane
"Stevie Wonder's Original Musiquarium I" - Stevie Wonder
"1st Born Second" - Bilal
"Mama's Gun" - Erykah Badu
"Lily In The Valley" - V.I.P. Mass Choir
"Through The Storm" - Yolanda Adams

SPATCH
11-13-2008, 04:52 PM
"Enter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers)" - Wu Tang Clan
"Purple Rain" - Prince and The Revolution
"Absolution" - MUSE
"Come on Feel The Illinoise!" - Sufjan Stevens

that was just a couple straight off the dome

Demonpenz
11-13-2008, 05:32 PM
I was surprised because my sister used to live in denver...that orange mane's discussion of cd's were so bad. It was like all cd, limp bizkit type of shit. I figured there would be more obscere shit in that thread over there. I didn't even see any wide spread panic, phish, or my morning jacket

DaneMcCloud
11-14-2008, 09:24 PM
A Perfect Circle - Thirteenth Step
AC/DC - Jailbreak '74
Alice in Chains - SAP
Audioslave - Audioslave
Bad Company - Bad Company
Badlands - Badlands
Beach Boys - Pet Sounds
Bill Brufold - One of a Kind
Billy Idol - Rebel Yell
Black Crowes - The Southern Harmony And Musical Companion
Black Sabbath - Paranoid
Black Sabbath - Heaven and Hell
Boston - Boston
Carol King - Tapestry
Corinne Bailey Rae - Corinne Bailey Rae
Cream - Disraeli Gears
David Bowie - Let's Dance (SRV)
Deep Purple - Machinehead
Derek & the Dominoes - Layla and Other Assorted Love Songs
Dio - Killing the Dragon
Doobie Brothers - Minute By Minute
Elton John - Honky Chateau
Failure - Fantastic Planet
Filter - Title of Record
Foo Fighers - In Your Honor
Guns 'N' Roses - Appetite for Destruction
Heart - Dog & Butterfly
Iron Maiden - Piece of Mind
Jeff Beck - Beck-Ola
Jimi Hendrix - Axis Bold As Love
Larry Carlton - Sleepwalk
Lynch Mob - Wicked Sensation
Megadeth - Countdown to Extinction
Metallica - Death Magnetic (fucking love it!)
Mother Love Bone - Mother Love Bone
Night Ranger - Dawn Patrol
Norah Jones - Come Away With Me
Ozzy Osbourne - Diary of a Madman
Paul Rodgers - Muddy Water Blues
Peter Frampton - Frampton Comes Alive
Queens of the Stone Age - Songs for the Deaf
Rainbow - Long Live Rock & Roll
Rob Zombie - American Made Music to Strip By
Rod Stewart - Every Picture Tells a Story
Scream - Let It Scream
Stevie Wonder - Songs in the Key of Life
Soundgarden - Badmotorfinger
Stone Temple Pilots - Core
Temple of the Dog - Temple of the Dog
The Cult - Beyond Good & Evil
The Derek Trucks Band - Songlines
The Meters - Look-Ka Py Py
The Police - Outlandos d'Amour
The Rolling Stones - Sticky Fingers
The Wallflowers - Bringing Down the Horse
Thin Lizzy - Jailbreak
The Who - Live at Leeds
Yes - The Yes Album
ZZ Top - Deguello

And The Beatles: Everything

QuikSsurfer
11-14-2008, 09:38 PM
A Perfect Circle - Thirteenth Step
AC/DC - Jailbreak '74
Alice in Chains - SAP
Audioslave - Audioslave
Bad Company - Bad Company
Badlands - Badlands
Beach Boys - Pet Sounds
Bill Brufold - One of a Kind
Billy Idol - Rebel Yell
Black Crowes - The Southern Harmony And Musical Companion
Black Sabbath - Paranoid
Black Sabbath - Heaven and Hell
Boston - Boston
Carol King - Tapestry
Corinne Bailey Rae - Corinne Bailey Rae
Cream - Disraeli Gears
David Bowie - Let's Dance (SRV)
Deep Purple - Machinehead
Derek & the Dominoes - Layla and Other Assorted Love Songs
Dio - Killing the Dragon
Doobie Brothers - Minute By Minute
Elton John - Honky Chateau
Failure - Fantastic Planet
Filter - Title of Record
Foo Fighers - In Your Honor
Guns 'N' Roses - Appetite for Destruction
Heart - Dog & Butterfly
Iron Maiden - Piece of Mind
Jeff Beck - Beck-Ola
Jimi Hendrix - Axis Bold As Love
Larry Carlton - Sleepwalk
Lynch Mob - Wicked Sensation
Megadeth - Countdown to Extinction
Metallica - Death Magnetic (fucking love it!)
Mother Love Bone - Mother Love Bone
Night Ranger - Dawn Patrol
Norah Jones - Come Away With Me
Ozzy Osbourne - Diary of a Madman
Paul Rodgers - Muddy Water Blues
Peter Frampton - Frampton Comes Alive
Queens of the Stone Age - Songs for the Deaf
Rainbow - Long Live Rock & Roll
Rob Zombie - American Made Music to Strip By
Rod Stewart - Every Picture Tells a Story
Scream - Let It Scream
Stevie Wonder - Songs in the Key of Life
Soundgarden - Badmotorfinger
Stone Temple Pilots - Core
Temple of the Dog - Temple of the Dog
The Cult - Beyond Good & Evil
The Derek Trucks Band - Songlines
The Meters - Look-Ka Py Py
The Police - Outlandos d'Amour
The Rolling Stones - Sticky Fingers
The Wallflowers - Bringing Down the Horse
Thin Lizzy - Jailbreak
The Who - Live at Leeds
Yes - The Yes Album
ZZ Top - Deguello

And The Beatles: Everything

Fantastic album! I still remember the first time I heard "Smoking Umbrellas".
I'm surprised to see this on a planeteer's list.

There was a two year period where I listened to nothing but HUM, Sunny Day Real Estate, and Failure.

DaneMcCloud
11-14-2008, 10:04 PM
Fantastic album! I still remember the first time I heard "Smoking Umbrellas".
I'm surprised to see this on a planeteer's list.

There was a two year period where I listened to nothing but HUM, Sunny Day Real Estate, and Failure.

I love Ken Andrews.

Deberg_1990
11-14-2008, 10:39 PM
Metallica - Death Magnetic (****ing love it!)

Your not supposed to like Metallica. Dont you know they have sucked since Kill em All? :)

DaneMcCloud
11-14-2008, 10:53 PM
Your not supposed to like Metallica. Dont you know they have sucked since Kill em All? :)

I CAN'T stop listening to that record.

Digital distortion and all. I think it's their best work ever.

EVAR!!!!#U@*U(*U@(*U!!@##

Deberg_1990
11-14-2008, 11:18 PM
I CAN'T stop listening to that record.

Digital distortion and all. I think it's their best work ever.

EVAR!!!!#U@*U(*U@(*U!!@##

I really dig it too. One hell of a comeback. I honestly didnt think they had it in them anymore to do that.

DaneMcCloud
11-14-2008, 11:38 PM
I really dig it too. One hell of a comeback. I honestly didnt think they had it in them anymore to do that.

Oh, I did. Most certainly.

They just needed to break their Bob Rock addiction.

Taco John
11-15-2008, 01:08 AM
Faith No More - Epic
Faith No More - Angel Dust
Nirvana - Nevermind
Pearl Jam - Ten
Tool - Lateralus
Tool - Aenima
Alice in Chains - Sap
Alice in Chains - Jar of Flies
Pink Floyd - DSOTM
Pink Floyd - The Final Cut
Jimmy Buffett - Beaches, Boats, Bars, Ballads
Modest Mouse - The Moon & ANtarctica
Modest Mouse - We Were Dead Before the SHip Even Sank
Modest Mouse - Good News for People Who Love Bad News
Gogol Bordello - gypsy punks underdog world strike
Gogol Bordello - Super Tantra!
Gogol Bordello - Multi Kontra Culti vs. Irony
Janes Addiction - Nothing's Shocking
Eminem - Marshal Mathers LP
Eminem - The Eminem Show
Eminem - Don't Call Me Marshall
Dr. Dre - The Chronic
Snoop Dog - Doggystyle
50 Cent - Get Rich or Die Trying
The Game - Documentary
Tupac - All Eyes on Me
James Brown - Greatest Hits
Bob Marley - Legend
Nine Inch Nails - Pretty Hate Machine
Nine Inch Nails - The Downward Spiral
Sublime - Sublime
System of a Down - Steal this Album
System of a Down - Mesmerize
Weezer - Weezer
Def Leppard - Hysteria
Saigon Kick - The Lizard
White Lion - Pride

Damn, I just realized that I could go on for another 30 albums...

Jawshco
11-17-2008, 01:15 AM
Faith No More - Epic
Faith No More - Angel Dust
Nirvana - Nevermind
Pearl Jam - Ten
Tool - Lateralus
Tool - Aenima
Alice in Chains - Sap
Alice in Chains - Jar of Flies
Pink Floyd - DSOTM
Pink Floyd - The Final Cut
Jimmy Buffett - Beaches, Boats, Bars, Ballads
Modest Mouse - The Moon & ANtarctica
Modest Mouse - We Were Dead Before the SHip Even Sank
Modest Mouse - Good News for People Who Love Bad News
Gogol Bordello - gypsy punks underdog world strike
Gogol Bordello - Super Tantra!
Gogol Bordello - Multi Kontra Culti vs. Irony
Janes Addiction - Nothing's Shocking
Eminem - Marshal Mathers LP
Eminem - The Eminem Show
Eminem - Don't Call Me Marshall
Dr. Dre - The Chronic
Snoop Dog - Doggystyle
50 Cent - Get Rich or Die Trying
The Game - Documentary
Tupac - All Eyes on Me
James Brown - Greatest Hits
Bob Marley - Legend
Nine Inch Nails - Pretty Hate Machine
Nine Inch Nails - The Downward Spiral
Sublime - Sublime
System of a Down - Steal this Album
System of a Down - Mesmerize
Weezer - Weezer
Def Leppard - Hysteria
Saigon Kick - The Lizard
White Lion - Pride

Damn, I just realized that I could go on for another 30 albums...

Those are some good tunes. I surprised you chose those two SOAD albums. Those two are the more "silly" ones. I like them both-I'm just surprised. Man, I haven't heard Saigon Kick in ages. I'm going to have to track that album down again. A lot of my friends tend to lump Modest Mouse in with bands like Franz Ferdinan and The Killers. I kinds of think that's sad, cause they're really different sound. Damn that Float On!! MM is all about the Dirty Fingernails... LOL!