PDA

View Full Version : New twist: Jessica Alba threatens Playboy lawsuit...

chefsos
03-03-2006, 06:29 PM
...because she's NOT nekkid in it.

:spock:

Noble gesture, that. It's good to know in this day and age that a celebrity is looking out for the average fella who may, in a testosterone frenzy, mistakenly buy the magazine in the quest for an Alba booby sighting.

I guess I wrote that sarcastically enough.

Anyway, my question to Jessica would probably be: What's the difference between being on this cover semi-clothed without express written permission, and being on the cover of People, or even Newsweek, or any number of skanky tabloids? I dunno. I guess it's all about the money.

Columbia Pictures wrote a letter (http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0228062alba7.html) to Playboy, as did her lawyer. (http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0228062alba1.html) In all fairness, I do suppose Playboy did get the pic under cheesy circumstances. Publicity all around!

Alba demands 'Playboy' pull magazines with her on cover

http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/2006-03-03-alba-playboy_x.htm?csp=27

LOS ANGELES (AP) Jessica Alba is demanding that Playboy pull its March issue, saying she didn't agree to be on the cover and that the image may mislead readers into thinking she appears nude or partially nude in the magazine.

The cover shows the 24-year-old actress in a bikini, next to the headline "25 Sexiest Celebrities." Besides demanding that Playboy stop distributing the March issue, Alba is asking for "monetary settlement" for damages to her reputation and career.

In a Feb. 23 letter obtained by The Smoking Gun website, Alba's lawyers told Playboy the magazine used a photo of Alba meant to promote the movie Into the Blue without her consent. Sony Pictures, which owns the image, sent a separate letter alleging that Playboy initially offered to pay Alba to pose for the cover of the issue. When her publicist refused, Playboy resorted to using "false pretenses" to obtain the promotional shot, according to the letter.

"Playboy has violated my personal rights and blatantly misled the public who might think I had given them permission to put me on the cover when I didn't," Alba said in a statement.

A Playboy spokeswoman said Alba was placed on the cover after being chosen "sexiest star of the year" by its readers.

"Our editors assembled photographs of the top 25 vote getters for our annual '25 Sexiest Celebrity' feature, and we put her on the cover based on the poll results," spokeswoman Lauren Malone said.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/graphics/art3/0228062inside1.jpg

Does this look misleading to you?

Katipan
03-03-2006, 06:31 PM
It might not technically be misleading. But when the tradition is to put one of the feature spreads on the cover, it sure does look like they're saying she's inside.

HerculesRockefell
03-03-2006, 06:36 PM
I'll admit I was not happy getting that in the mail and then seeing her not naked in the issue.

chefsos
03-03-2006, 06:46 PM
I'll admit I was not happy getting that in the mail and then seeing her not naked in the issue.
So we can anticipate your participation in the class action suit? Sweet.

wolfpack0735
03-03-2006, 07:58 PM
she`s just mad because her swimsuit bottom dosent match her top. if she was totally aked they`d match.

Jesus777
03-03-2006, 08:53 PM
she`s just mad because her swimsuit bottom dosent match her top. if she was totally aked they`d match.
Yeah, is it wrong that that was the first thing I noticed in that picture?

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
03-03-2006, 09:39 PM
her career will go into the toilet soon and then she'll be begging playboy have her TNA in a future issue.

BigMeatballDave
03-03-2006, 11:56 PM
It certainly would be misleading to a potential customer who might buy it, assuming she's the current months' spread.

mike_b_284
03-04-2006, 12:04 AM
I was going to buy it untill I saw this story earlier today.

dtebbe
03-04-2006, 12:36 AM
To quote Sir Mix a Lot:

My anaconda don't want none unless you got buns hun....

DT
aka Urban Legund (yes I mis-spelled it on purpose, because your and idiot)

whoman69
03-04-2006, 06:58 AM
So these days you can sue for a perceived slight? She'll probably be naked in it once her days as a top flight celeb are over, seems to be the latest trend.

Deberg_1990
03-04-2006, 07:08 AM
her career will go into the toilet soon and then she'll be begging playboy have her TNA in a future issue.

hate to say it but your right. She cant act worth a lick, so once she reaches a certain age, shes toast.

Ari Chi3fs
03-04-2006, 07:19 AM
my boner was misled, and is filing greivences.

Chief Henry
03-04-2006, 08:40 AM
YOu mean she's not nude in tis magazine.... :cuss:

kaplin42
03-04-2006, 10:29 AM
I cant believe no one has said this. This thread is worthless without pics

Taco John
03-04-2006, 11:33 AM
aka Urban Legund (yes I mis-spelled it on purpose, because your and idiot)

Yes, but when you spell it like that, it becomes pronounced : Leg-YOO-ND

Simplex3
03-04-2006, 12:10 PM
So let me get this straight Jessica:

Your entire career is based on your cans and your ass, yet you don't want people to see your cans or your ass or even THINK they may get to see your cans or your ass?

Career over in 5...4...3...2...

Ari Chi3fs
03-04-2006, 12:29 PM
she really needs to be working WITH Playboy... and not AGAINST. This is in the best interest of humanity.

Show us your crotch, woman.