PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone done IT work for Triple I

pikesome
03-03-2006, 09:16 PM
in the Kansas City area? I might have a job opening and would like to know more about them. Some of their openings are contract jobs and while I have a rough idea what this is I would like to hear from someone who does this regularly.

StcChief
03-03-2006, 11:02 PM
I haven't worked for them. I know two people that have are now in StL. The closed the STL office sometime back.

I have done IT contract work for firms in STL for years and KC (this summer). Premier Tech.

PM me if you need some help getting into contracting in IT.

Simplex3
03-04-2006, 10:06 AM
They've been around for quite a while in on the IT timeline. They seem to get quite a few contracts though most of them are low end. I've never been particularly impressed with them as a company, however.

As for contracting, the key is multiple headhunters unless you want to sign up for 1 year or longer gigs.

pikesome
03-04-2006, 10:39 AM
They've been around for quite a while in on the IT timeline. They seem to get quite a few contracts though most of them are low end. I've never been particularly impressed with them as a company, however.

As for contracting, the key is multiple headhunters unless you want to sign up for 1 year or longer gigs.

Why is this key? I was not looking to be a contractor exactly, a buddy forwarded a job opportunity to me that I thought I'd look into. I was unaware that it was contract until I spoke to someone from Triple-I. I'm starting to wonder if they don't look at me as someone they can take advantage of since my knowledge of this sort of employment is very low. If you can point me in the direction of some resources or have some advice I would be very receptive.

Simplex3
03-05-2006, 11:39 PM
Why is this key? I was not looking to be a contractor exactly, a buddy forwarded a job opportunity to me that I thought I'd look into. I was unaware that it was contract until I spoke to someone from Triple-I. I'm starting to wonder if they don't look at me as someone they can take advantage of since my knowledge of this sort of employment is very low. If you can point me in the direction of some resources or have some advice I would be very receptive.
You need to decide if you want a permanant job or contract work. Contract work tends to be more lucrative but typically has an ending date. The shorter the contract the more per hour you can usually make. If you're going to take on short term contracts, though, you'll probably need more than one shop looking for work for you.

Honestly, most people don't have the temperment for contract work. There is a significant amount of risk involved unless you're good.