PDA

View Full Version : Dave Chappell's Block Party

Sully
03-04-2006, 08:11 AM
Great Movie.
It is basically just a concert, with cut in footage of Dave inviting people, Dave and the bands preparing, some other behind the scenes stuff, etc. Not a ton of comedy, but it is funny (hilarious) in spots.
The music was incredible. Great performances by Erica Badu, Kanye West, The Roots, The Fugees, Ded Prez...It really was a fun movie that was cool to watch.
It got 4 stars in the KC Star, and it deserves every bit of that. As the Star said, the only downside is that the soundtrack doesn't come out for another week or two. You walk out, and if you are into that type of thing, you want to buy it right away.
Now... I'm not sure it's not a part of Hollywood's "accept good music" agenda, but it is an immensely entertaining 2 hours, regardless.

wutamess
03-04-2006, 08:49 AM
I heard it was good and want to go check it out myself.
I'll probably do it today (while I'm out) since I don't want to bore the wife with the movie.

She'll only look at me and be like... what's the point of taking me to a movie concert.

Deberg_1990
03-04-2006, 09:07 AM
I believe Michael Gondry (Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind) directed it? With those two impressive talents working together, i would expect nothing less than great.