PDA

View Full Version : Interesting info not from PFT but about PFT.

|Zach|
03-05-2006, 02:30 AM
This comes from a poster on OM who does some writing and is pretty well respected with good info. Take it for what its worth I found it interesting...

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=1001940&postcount=20

But lets stay on topic. PFT blows. They copy the same DAILY ONE-LINERS that Benmaller,KFFL,NFLMastermind and others use.

Mike Florio is a former employee of ESPN.com (he got fired for making up stories) then hopped around the net of a few sites. Then started PFT. He wrote a book about the QB of the future. Hell even wrestler's write books in today's age!

He's a lawyer over in Clarksburg, West Virginia. Two very bad things to be a lawyer and from WV. I live in Ohio about 2 hours from Clarksburg. So I have met the guy. He's a Steeler homer. Many in the Steelers organization thinks he's a leach. He has a few agents he gets info from. Hell some even give this tool bogus info. They know he will post it on his site. Thus stirring up hype for their players! So yes he has connections. But he's more of a uber fan with money and a gig that got him in the door. Look I've been in the Steelers training facility and I've been around many Steelers and a few Bengals. I just act like an adult around them and play it cool. Where he acts like a slimy tool trying to be friends with players.

He hates the Denver Broncos. Which he has told me to my face. He couldn't let go the Kordel AFC game.

Back in the summer he predicted that the Raiders would win the Super Bowl. He started a rumor that the 49ers would send the first pick in last years nfl draft to the Chargers in exchange for Philip Rivers! But it was all a lie. There were no talks between the 49ers and Chargers at all. He makes stuff up!

Look I've said too much.
Just read and believe what you want.

But if you want to keep up with sports rumors without having to worry about the site creating their own crap check out BenMaller.com Or just wait for me to post it.

Miles
03-05-2006, 02:46 AM
Interesting read with some background on the site.

I actually enjoyed reading PFT for most of last season. I thought it had improved dramatically and Florio's takes were pretty good reads. I knew a decent part of it was speculative BS but he didn't seem to post it as being more than that.

However that didn't last. At some point late in the season and through the playoffs it started to get hard to read. The pretentious, self important writing style was getting pretty out of hand. Not to mention typos and grammar errors started showing up. I guess those at "PFT headquarters" don't spend enough time editing that shit.

keg in kc
03-05-2006, 04:30 AM
Nice cheap shot that bit about how being from WV is a bad thing. That's about as dumb as me saying the PFT tool must be a good guy because he's hates the donkeys.

F*ck that guy.

Taco John
03-05-2006, 04:44 AM
It occurs to me that I know absolutely nothing about West Virginia. Not even enough to make a bad joke about it. I can make bad jokes about anything.

Rausch
03-05-2006, 05:35 AM
It occurs to me that I know absolutely nothing about West Virginia.

Ditto.

Oddly, I feel absolutely no sense of loss or shame at al...

HemiEd
03-05-2006, 06:21 AM
It occurs to me that I know absolutely nothing about West Virginia. Not even enough to make a bad joke about it. I can make bad jokes about anything.

Some of the prettiest scenery a man can see in spots. I would love to have a cabin on the patomac river up in the Allegheney Mountains. If you ever want to make 200 miles last about 6 hours take route 50 across the top of the state.

phxchief
03-05-2006, 06:26 AM
Does this surprise anyone?

I've been anti-PFT for a while now.

morphius
03-05-2006, 10:32 AM
I believe the reputation of much of the Mt's regions of West Virginia are as horribly redneck as most people think of Kentucky and the like.

BigMeatballDave
03-05-2006, 10:40 AM
W. Virginia is a pretty state, but there are some ****ing stoopid people from there. A few work where I do. ****ing hillbillies...

Adept Havelock
03-05-2006, 10:48 AM
He hates the Denver Broncos. Which he has told me to my face. He couldn't let go the Kordel AFC game.

This only proves that while his "news" ranks up there w/Athan's, he has good taste in football teams.

Everythings Relative in West Virginia!

ENDelt260
03-05-2006, 10:52 AM
My fraternity was founded in West Virginia. Well, actually, my fraternity was founded in Virginia. Then some war broke out or something, and part of it got a new name.