PDA

View Full Version : Renewing tags online

luv
03-05-2006, 12:31 PM
I usually get this little printout that I have to take to the license bureau. This year I get a postcard saying that I qualify to renew them online. I think cool, but then wonder how I'm supposed to show that I got my car inspected. Guess I'll find out.

Anyone done this?

DaFace
03-05-2006, 12:34 PM
Not sure how it works in MO, but in KS you only have to have proof of inspection the FIRST time you get your tags, I believe. After that, you just have to pay the fees and taxes. If you pay online, they just mail you the little sticker to add to your plate.

Bob Dole
03-05-2006, 01:30 PM
Not sure how it works in MO, but in KS you only have to have proof of inspection the FIRST time you get your tags.

In KS, that used to be the only inspection required for the entire time you owned the vehicle. Has that changed?

Bob Dole just had the license and inspection conversation with a LA resident yesterday. In LA apparently, you have to have a valid tag before they will inspect the thing (which is backwards as hell).

In TX, the tag and inspection are completely independent of one another, unless it's a motorcyle.

Chieftain58
03-05-2006, 01:37 PM
I haven't

morphius
03-05-2006, 01:38 PM
In KS they only look to make sure your car isn't stolen at the first inspection, thats it. After that, no more inspections.

luv
03-05-2006, 01:38 PM
Well, I tried it to see what would happen. When it came to the inspection part, you had to enter a dealer number, control number, etc. That's the only thing I have left to do, so I guess I'll be going and getting it inspected tomorrow.

Skip Towne
03-05-2006, 01:42 PM
I just steal the little sticker off another car and put it on my tag.

DaFace
03-05-2006, 01:56 PM
In KS, that used to be the only inspection required for the entire time you owned the vehicle. Has that changed?

Nope. Actually, it's even more broad than that. The car only has to be inspected the first time it's titled in KS. After that, even when changing owners, there's no inspection required.

Smoke
03-05-2006, 02:07 PM
I wish Mo would adopt the KS way. What is it 12 bucks for a inspection? The place I go to doesn't even really inspect anything, just asks if everything works then fills out the paper work.