PDA

View Full Version : Contacts or Lasik

Sure-Oz
03-05-2006, 12:51 PM
I was thinkin about getting contacts for awhile now, being a huge nerd and having glasses, but the more I think about it the more I want Lasik. Anyone had lasik eye surgery to correct their vision? I've had glasses since my jr high days and im pretty sick of them. I never did get contacts but I have to get a new presc. and i was thinkin contacts but I may as well dish out the $$$ for surgery. I mean you pay for both anyway right? Just curious on peoples exp and about how much it ran them. Thanks!

JBucc
03-05-2006, 12:52 PM
Get surgery if you have the cash

Fire Me Boy!
03-05-2006, 12:58 PM
If you're wary of surgery, look into Orthokeratology, or Ortho-K. It's completely reversible and NOT permanent, and has no risks. The basis is using a hard contact at night to reshape your cornea. You don't wear contacts or glasses during the day, and the more you wear the lenses at night the longer the effects last, eventually meaning you only have to wear the lenses about one night a week. There's a place in Warrensburg that did it during the FDA test period and had great results. It's been FDA approved since then.

DaWolf
03-05-2006, 01:14 PM
I did Lasik a few years back after years of glasses and contacts. Quick and easy, best decision I ever made...

BigVE
03-05-2006, 02:19 PM
I think the biggest thing for me in this decision was that most doctors tell you that you will still end up needing at least reading glasses in your early 40's with Lasik surgery...I am already 35 so I didnt even think about getting the surgery and got contacts. If I was in my early to mid-twenties I would have went for the surgery.