PDA

View Full Version : Anybody besides me just want to get the cuts done and move on?

Logical
03-05-2006, 11:04 PM
This BS is just a waste of time. I would love to know who will be gone, I think a house cleaning is in order and am tired of waiting to see how it will all sort itself out. If they reach an agreement, then use the extra cap room to bring in some much needed help and maybe resign a key former Chief or two such as Will Shields.

|Zach|
03-05-2006, 11:11 PM
http://static.flickr.com/16/103766956_c0e79f7e92.jpg

DaFace
03-05-2006, 11:17 PM
I guess the short answer is "yes." The longer this is drawn out, the more rediculous the whole thing is, and the less I care. While I don't want to see a bunch of our good guys getting cut, I'm getting sick of the anticipation and the pushed back deadlines. Either get the deal done or don't, but let's get free agency going already!

booger
03-05-2006, 11:45 PM
I'm as anxious as anyone else.

But there is to much uncertainy depending on how much the cap will be and how we would approach FA.

Apparrently Bell and Holmes are the definate guys to renegoiate and or except pay cuts.

I'm sure there are more and we just don't know who or how much cap savings that would provide if we went with the 94.5 M cap this year.

Just depends on the whole plan A or B thing teams seem to have.

If nothing changes with the CBA and Cap this year we will probably be lucky to try and get something done with Shields and possibly get back TRich and or Dalton for home team discounts. Otherwise it looks like bargain shopping and waiting to see how the market plays out.

So while I'd like to see us drop a guy like Hicks, we can't afford to unless we have a legit replacement. I personally think Wilkerson could do as good or better if they played him at LE and left him there.

To me, Woods needs to be let go no matter what. He wanted to get cut last year but we couldn't afford the cap hit. He doesn't really have any value to us at this point and doesn't seem to want to be a backup.
Only thing is he would cost us just a bit to release. So we have to wait on him as well.

We can't go cut Wesley because we don't know who we would replace him with either. Maybe Bartee. But I have even seen him listed as an URFA.

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/teams/report/KC/9282443

And Bober and Welbourn's names being brought up make no sense to me with Shields situation.

I guess while it is getting sickening to even be discussing Labor issues and the deadlines changing so much, I would rather be patient and hope they get something worked out knowing how much of a mess they could all get themselves into.

Mecca
03-05-2006, 11:46 PM
I can wait as long as it takes on this one.......it's extremely important to the future of our team.

PastorMikH
03-05-2006, 11:52 PM
Barber, McCleon, Stills and Warfield. The only person that even comes close to good enough to want to keep is Warfield, and he isn't worth anywhere near what he's scheduled to recieve.

If these guys are cut, and Shields, Priest and Bell rework the contracts as mentioned, then the new agreement is accepted with a higher cap allowance, we might have a bit of room to splash a little in FA.

booger
03-05-2006, 11:54 PM
Barber, McCleon, Stills and Warfield. The only person that even comes close to good enough to want to keep is Warfield, and he isn't worth anywhere near what he's scheduled to recieve.

If these guys are cut, and Shields, Priest and Bell rework the contracts as mentioned, then the new agreement is accepted with a higher cap allowance, we might have a bit of room to splash a little in FA.

Yep. That would be something to hope for.

tk13
03-05-2006, 11:56 PM
I kinda feel that way, but most of that is lack of confidence that they're actually going to get a deal done. Maybe I'll be proven wrong in a couple days. I didn't think the owners were going to cave so soon.

SNR
03-06-2006, 12:10 AM
http://static.flickr.com/16/103766956_c0e79f7e92.jpgHeh.

booger
03-06-2006, 12:47 AM
I think one big point to mention that hasn't been really hammered upon is how much this is delaying-messing up the offseason schedule. Obviously it has a direct effect on every employee of the NFL. FA's and their uncertainly. The teams with regards to FA. But much more than that IMO.

Every year on each team there is always turnover on the roster. Just depends on how much.

Already, at least half of the combine was overshadowed with the CBA stuff. Now it will last at least another 3 days. This is messing up teams that are used to putting all of their attention on preporations for the draft and FA at this time of year. Not to mention coaching staffs who are in the draft and FA evaluation process but also tons of film review and current personel and scheme evaluation, not to mention preparing for offseason workouts and OTA's that start later this month.

The 10-12 teams or so that will be ok no matter what in FA might be a different story. But there will be some FA's out there that would like to have the option of scheduling visits to teams who do have the cap problems. It depends on the player as most will go to the highest bidder. But there are others who want the cash and a chance to play for a contender that may not have that option unless they take an incentive laden contract.

Also the draft itself. Say there is a team like KC who isn't going to be a big FA spender. They know how and what positions they would like to have turnover and also add depth like every team desires. Without some sort of FA moves they have to do this in the draft. I wouldn't be a bit suprised to see plenty of teams wanting to trade down to get more picks. What about trades? They almost always involve draft picks. Who is going to want to part with picks when that may be the only way they have to improve their team.

I think recruiting and sales pitches are going to be huge for teams like us if a CBA is not extended. Think of teams wanting quantity of players just for competition purposes and how that will effect the undrafted rookie FA recruitment process. Also the large number of vets out there that you know could help you in some way, maybe not as much as you need, and the bidding wars that go on for players that normally would be selling themselves to teams just to have a job.

I don't know, i guess it's just something more to think about other than what has been talked about.

I just get the sense that it puts a lot of pressure on the plates of Front office guys, coaches, scouts, Not to mention players and agents. The team employees to will have all of this to deal with at a time that will kind of bundle together FA and the Draft. Heck post draft is when most teams want to be done with most of their moves, mostly the major ones so they can focus on the rest of the offseason workouts and mini camps to build a total team cohesiveness.

Just another ramble of my thoughts.

carry on.

CoMoChief
03-06-2006, 01:09 AM
I just hope we dont lose both Shields and Welbourn. Our line would then be in some shit.

CHENZ A!
03-06-2006, 01:51 AM
Shields will play for the Chiefs next year.

qoute me.

cdcox
03-06-2006, 08:17 AM
They need to settle the CBA. I'm willing to wait as long as it takes to get a good structure on that. Its too important to rush through.

StcChief
03-06-2006, 09:12 AM
As long as the CBA is decided....KC football future.

We will release whom ever is needed. So will other teams

htismaqe
03-06-2006, 09:15 AM
There won't be any more cuts.

We're done, CBA or no CBA.

ct
03-06-2006, 09:16 AM
Shields will play for the Chiefs next year.

qoute me.

done

Braincase
03-06-2006, 09:20 AM
Granted Upshaw is looking like a bipolar ex-girlfriend with a penchant for being overly dramatic, but I say keep pounding away at the CBA until it gets done. Take til the week before the draft if it gets the CBA in place.

Damn, Jim, it's not like they're holding up YOUR paycheck...

jspchief
03-06-2006, 09:25 AM
I'm eager for Chiefs news. This time of year, anything that can fuel football discussion is good.

However, I wouldn't go so far as to say I'm eager for the cuts. I'd much rather the CBA get done so teams aren't forced to have fire sales to keep their head above water. Good players being pushed out the door is just bad for the league IMO.

ct
03-06-2006, 09:55 AM
According to Lizzie Merrill, there will be no more cuts.

Mr. Laz
03-06-2006, 09:57 AM
This BS is just a waste of time. I would love to know who will be gone, I think a house cleaning is in order and am tired of waiting to see how it will all sort itself out

i understand and agree

but i don't think this forced salary cap cutting is the kind of house cleaning we need. The guys we really need to cut all have relatively new contacts and won't save us cap room.

this CBA problem might prevent the cuts we need

woods,wesley,hicks etc will probably all increase our cap number ... not reduce it. :(

htismaqe
03-06-2006, 10:10 AM
According to Lizzie Merrill, there will be no more cuts.

Rhonda Moss said the same thing, and played clips from Carl Peterson stating as much.