PDA

View Full Version : Another Veteran we can add....Rams cut Isaac Bruce

arrowheadnation
03-06-2006, 12:29 AM
Just saw it on the bottom line whilst watching Knight School. He'd be a good compliment to Eddie Kennison. Don't you think?

Count Alex's Losses
03-06-2006, 12:39 AM
We have Samie Parker, no thanks.

PastorMikH
03-06-2006, 12:39 AM
Bruce would add instant experience to our WR corps. Maybe someone that can actually tutor a rookie WR too. If DV were still here, I'd plan on him being a Chief.

Fish
03-06-2006, 12:47 AM
I think our WRs are fine.... I don't understand the push to get a WR when we could use so much help at other positions....

I don't know....

Nightwish
03-06-2006, 01:06 AM
I think our WRs are fine.... I don't understand the push to get a WR when we could use so much help at other positions....

I don't know....I think there's definitely room for improvement in our WR corps, but the balance is that we don't rely on them that much anyway. With TG as the main passing go-to guy, the WRs are basically peripheral. Kennison has good hands, but not a lot of speed. Parker has good speed, but he's still growing into his potential. A couple more years, Parker will be the kind of WR we're hoping for.

As far as Bruce goes, I dunno. He'd add some very valuable experience, but how many years does he really have left? He's not yet a has-been trying to be a still-is, like Jerry Rice, but he's no spring chicken either. Of the Rams receivers, I'd rather have Holt (who wouldn't?), but he's not going anywhere, afaik.

On the other hand, with Parker still being young and impressionable, somebody like Isaac Bruce could do for him what Priest did for LJ.

Dunit35
03-06-2006, 01:09 AM
Bruce no thanks....I like Parker.

Spicy McHaggis
03-06-2006, 01:43 AM
On the other hand, with Parker still being young and impressionable, somebody like Isaac Bruce could do for him what Priest did for LJ.

T-Rich had a much larger influence on LJ than Priest did. But I digress.

Bruce would be a welcome addition to our WR's but as cap-strapped as we are the money is better spent elsewhere.

Bowser
03-06-2006, 03:41 AM
The Rams re-claimed him when the deadline got pushed back to Thursday.

royr17
03-06-2006, 04:43 AM
Samie Parker huh, haha, Issac Bruce is a better WR then Samie Parker, I would love to have Issac Bruce only if he comes at a decent price since he's agin and not as good as he used to be, but is still better then Samie Parker.

Count Alex's Losses
03-06-2006, 05:22 AM
Samie Parker huh, haha, Issac Bruce is a better WR then Samie Parker, I would love to have Issac Bruce only if he comes at a decent price since he's agin and not as good as he used to be, but is still better then Samie Parker.

Bruce is on the decline:

2005 Stats

Bruce - 10 starts, 525 yards, 3 TD

Parker - 9 starts, 533 yards, 3 TD

Mecca
03-06-2006, 05:42 AM
Bruce is on the decline:

2005 Stats

Bruce - 10 starts, 525 yards, 3 TD

Parker - 9 starts, 533 yards, 3 TD

Of course the Rams were playing games with Jamie Martin and then Ryan Fitzpatrick at QB.......

Count Alex's Losses
03-06-2006, 06:11 AM
Of course the Rams were playing games with Jamie Martin and then Ryan Fitzpatrick at QB.......

Holt had 102 catches.

Mecca
03-06-2006, 06:26 AM
Holt had 102 catches.

Um Tory Holt is also an elite level WR.........Comparing him to Bruce is alot different than say Samie Parker.

Count Alex's Losses
03-06-2006, 06:28 AM
Um Tory Holt is also an elite level WR.........Comparing him to Bruce is alot different than say Samie Parker.

So?

Bruce had 89 catches for 1,292 yards the year before.

He's on the decline.

Parker is on the incline.

jspchief
03-06-2006, 07:16 AM
No thanks to Bruce. He's been a great WR, but like gochiefs said, he's on the downside of his career.

This team needs to get younger, not older. If we want a FA WR, we should be looking at someone like Antonio Bryant or David Givens. Short term solutions are just bad for the team's future.

htismaqe
03-06-2006, 08:22 AM
Gotta agree with gochiefs on this one.

Isaac Bruce is on his way down. We need to get younger, not older.

ROYC75
03-06-2006, 08:32 AM
No to IB, we already have an aging possession reciever, his name is Eddie.

Rausch
03-06-2006, 08:42 AM
No to IB, we already have an aging possession reciever, his name is Eddie.

Breathe deeply of some $#it that don't make you feel funny.

Kennison is a solid no 2.

Bruce is the perfect possession WR in our offense (if nothing changes.)

Of course money and cap hit make this nearly impossible...

patteeu
03-06-2006, 10:30 AM
Put me in the "we need to get younger not older on offense" camp. I've been as interested in upgrading at WR as anyone over the last couple of years, but unless we are talking about a guy who can come in and be the obvious #1 receiver for the Chiefs, it needs to be a younger guy.

StcChief
03-06-2006, 10:52 AM
Bruce, couldn't come to terms was owed $8M

Look for him with Iggles