PDA

View Full Version : Eagles after Shawn Barber

Basileus777
03-06-2006, 03:00 PM
And Comcast SportsNet reports the Eagles will sign quarterback Jeff Garcia and former Eagles linebacker Shawn Barber.

http://www.nbc10.com/news/7740142/detail.html

Comcast also reports the Eagles are interested in re-signing linebacker Shawn Barber, who was one of the best defensive players on the team and a fan favorite in the one season he played here in 2002.

Since going to the Chiefs, however, Barber's career has been ravaged by injuries, and he's played in only 11 games through the past two seasons. He'd be an upgrade over last year's starter, Keith Adams, if he is healthy.

http://www.courierpostonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060306/SPORTS03/603060345/1002/SPORTS

The Iggles must be pretty desperate if they want to snatch Barber up this quick. Garcia is probably better than Mcmahon though.

htismaqe
03-06-2006, 03:39 PM
Desperate? Hardly. He played very well for the Eagles.

He actually played OK for us too, it just went unnoticed because everybody around him sucked so bad.

Cormac
03-06-2006, 03:45 PM

He actually played OK for us too, it just went unnoticed because everybody around him sucked so bad.

I agree with this. I'll really miss Barber. Not for what he did for us, but for what I always expected him to do. I wish him well. He's a great locker-room presence and a very athletic player. I remember his first game. Holliday had 3 sacks and Barber flew like Superman to snag an INT, but couldn't hold it as he hit the ground. I thought we'd hit the jackpot.

jspchief
03-06-2006, 03:48 PM
Barber's not horrible. he wasn't great for the Chiefs, but he wasn't bad.

We just had younger and cheaper options, so no longer needed him.

Simply Red
03-06-2006, 03:49 PM
And Comcast SportsNet reports the Eagles will sign quarterback Jeff Garcia and former Eagles linebacker Shawn Barber.

http://www.nbc10.com/news/7740142/detail.html

Comcast also reports the Eagles are interested in re-signing linebacker Shawn Barber, who was one of the best defensive players on the team and a fan favorite in the one season he played here in 2002.

Since going to the Chiefs, however, Barber's career has been ravaged by injuries, and he's played in only 11 games through the past two seasons. He'd be an upgrade over last year's starter, Keith Adams, if he is healthy.

http://www.courierpostonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060306/SPORTS03/603060345/1002/SPORTS

The Iggles must be pretty desperate if they want to snatch Barber up this quick. Garcia is probably better than Mcmahon though.

UHH. Oh well. I think...

Mr. Laz
03-06-2006, 04:30 PM
yep... they will re-sign him dirt cheap

he'll be productive on a decent defense with coaches that know how to use him.

the Talking Can
03-06-2006, 04:32 PM
his knee was wrecked...they can have him

htismaqe
03-06-2006, 04:48 PM
I agree with this. I'll really miss Barber. Not for what he did for us, but for what I always expected him to do. I wish him well. He's a great locker-room presence and a very athletic player. I remember his first game. Holliday had 3 sacks and Barber flew like Superman to snag an INT, but couldn't hold it as he hit the ground. I thought we'd hit the jackpot.

I was at the 2003 Pittsburgh game and he was all over the field. I really thought he was gonna be special. But then he got dinged and things just never seemed to be the same after that...

PastorMikH
03-06-2006, 04:50 PM
FWIW, I'd rather have a healthy Barber than a healthy Bell at the same price.

HemiEd
03-06-2006, 04:52 PM

That is the way I saw it, too bad he got injured.

DaWolf
03-07-2006, 01:44 AM
Plus he was a real good "locker room guy". It's too bad it didn't work out...

Dunit35
03-07-2006, 01:47 AM
I liked the crap out of Barber. But I like Griffin and Fox better. I hope Bell, Griffin or Fox can do something. One of those three is bound to produce.

Gravedigger
03-07-2006, 02:08 AM
Good Luck with that one :clap:

Kerberos
03-07-2006, 06:15 AM
Wasn't it Barber that put the HIT on Gannon that pretty much wrecked his career?

As I don't like seeing anyone hurt it was nice to see Gannon retire. He was a much better QB than KC.