PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs-Gretz/ 7 pm/ 101.1FM

Wile_E_Coyote
03-06-2006, 02:55 PM
CHIEFS ON 101.1 FM TONIGHT

Mar 06, 2006, 1:00:00 PM

http://www.kcfx.com/ need windows media player

Hear what’s happening on the Chiefs front from the newsmakers themselves tonight on KCFX-FM (101.1 FM) beginning at 7 PM (Central). Bob Gretz will host.

Included in the one-hour program will be interviews with Carl Peterson, new VP for player personnel Bill Kuharich, head coach Herm Edwards and his former boss Tony Dungy.

Other topics to be covered include updates on Super Bowl XLIX in Kansas City in 2015 and the current status of the collective bargaining agreement.

jspchief
03-06-2006, 02:58 PM
It would be great if anyone that listens can give a synopsis.

I suppose they'll have a transcript on kcchiefs.com, but you never know.

FAX
03-06-2006, 03:01 PM
Thanks for the post, Mr. Wile_E_Coyote.

FAX

unlurking
03-06-2006, 03:13 PM
Whud I miss?

Tony Dungy?

4th and Long
03-06-2006, 04:52 PM
AHA! This explains an earlier post!
My family and I were at crown center today, and this guy walked by us. As he did, we looked eye to eye and I though, hey, I know that guy! I said, 'excuse me sir, should I know you'? He said, 'do you think you do'? I then said, 'are you tony dungy?'. He repied, "no, but I get that a lot' and then proceeded to go down the escelatter and out the door. I unpacked my camera and snapped this pic as he was leaving.

There were a couple of guys that overheard the exchange, one in a Bronco's coat, who agreed it most likely was him.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=54609&stc=1

Interesting.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=136723&highlight=tony+dungy

Dunit35
03-06-2006, 05:05 PM
It would be great if anyone that listens can give a synopsis.

I suppose they'll have a transcript on kcchiefs.com, but you never know.

I'll see what I can do, sir.

GMitch
03-06-2006, 05:10 PM
Some help please. I recently got a new computer and now I can't get the kcfx feed to come up. I'm using Firefox and it keeps telling me that I need plugins to listen but when I click on "add plugins" it tells me that there are no plugins available.

Anybody else have this problem?

Dunit35
03-06-2006, 05:11 PM
Some help please. I recently got a new computer and now I can't get the kcfx feed to come up. I'm using Firefox and it keeps telling me that I need plugins to listen but when I click on "add plugins" it tells me that there are no plugins available.

Anybody else have this problem?

I don't have mozilla so I can't help. I have a pop up blocker that I have to allow the pop up to listen to the show.

Dunit35
03-06-2006, 06:08 PM
Finally its starting. Studying will have to wait another hour or until Tony Dungy starts talking.

wolfpack0735
03-06-2006, 06:11 PM
noth`n like having the nfl help try to get the stadium tax to pass.

Halfcan
03-06-2006, 06:14 PM
Nothing but commercials, a blurb about the SB for the Chiefs if we cough up 600 million. Now King Carl is on-spreading the BS.

4th and Long
03-06-2006, 06:36 PM
King Carl said:

4 to 6 (unnamed) players have restructured.

The Chiefs won't be real busy in free agency.

Regarding the loss of Warfield: "Frankly it's time for a young player to step up at the CB position."

4th and Long
03-06-2006, 06:37 PM
Herm said:

Everything (for the team, at this point) is falling into place.

The salary cap issues, "will be resolved." (well duh)

He's meeting a lot with the coaching staff.

He kept Gunther because, "He's a very good coach." Said it was too easy to blame the coach for the mistakes made on the field.

Said we can do things better offensively.

The QB play was very, very good. Says Trent was a very under rated guy.

Defensively he said the run D was vastly improved. The pass D was bad, mostly because guys were not in the right place. Said all 11 guys need to understand where the ball is at all times.

To make the cover 2 work, you have to trust that the other (defensive) guys are going to do their jobs.

Want to create anxiety. Says that makes players work harder or some such crap.

wolfpack0735
03-06-2006, 06:48 PM
i didn`t know we had "young" cb`s that is good enough to " step up." we better draft good,find some money to sign someone,or get one hell of a pass rush this coming year.

Dunit35
03-06-2006, 06:50 PM
i didn`t know we had "young" cb's that are good enough to " step up." we better draft good,find some money to sign someone,or get one hell of a pass rush this coming year.

I am sure we will draft like this...

1. CB or DT
2. DT or CB.

Coach
03-06-2006, 06:51 PM
i didn`t know we had "young" cb`s that is good enough to " step up." we better draft good,find some money to sign someone,or get one hell of a pass rush this coming year.

I think he is referring to Julian "Flags" Battle. Battle actually was supposed to take Warfields job during the Mini-camps before his injury. And during Mini-camps, Battle actually looked decent.

tyton75
03-06-2006, 06:53 PM
I think a rush end would be freaking great.. like Hali or Kiwi

Halfcan
03-06-2006, 06:54 PM
I turned it off-sounds like a bunch of politicians-I can hear them talk, but they are not saying anything.

Dunit35
03-06-2006, 06:58 PM
I think he is referring to Julian "Flags" Battle. Battle actually was supposed to take Warfields job during the Mini-camps before his injury. And during Mini-camps, Battle actually looked decent.

I will be happy if someone within the roster can do something. Warfield wasn't impressive but most of the time got the job done.

wolfpack0735
03-06-2006, 07:00 PM
i think it will be hard for battle to come back from that injury. i cant remember to many that had the same speed as before a tear.

Dunit35
03-06-2006, 07:02 PM
i think it will be hard for battle to come back from that injury. i cant remember to many that had the same speed as before a tear.

I think it will be too. I don't want to see Sapp as a #2...he's a nickel blitzing corner. I wouldn't mind seeing Hodge doing something amazing. I am rooting for him.

CoMoChief
03-06-2006, 07:02 PM
I dont think anyone on this team trusts anybody in the secondary whose name isnt Surtain.

Coach
03-06-2006, 07:03 PM

Indeed. However, the injury occured in June, not in August where training camp happened, so that could factor in.

But I'd like someone that who can actually play some CB for a change, instead of McNugget.

Dunit35
03-06-2006, 07:07 PM
Indeed. However, the injury occured in June, not in August where training camp happened, so that could factor in.

But I'd like someone that who can actually play some CB for a change, instead of McNugget.

The injury happening in June will be a major factor in it. The sooner the injury happened the longer the player has to get that tendon back to strength. I bet he's 100% right now.

TEX
03-06-2006, 07:42 PM
I dont think anyone on this team trusts anybody in the secondary whose name isnt Surtain.

And he struggled as well last year.

keg in kc
03-06-2006, 07:49 PM
The segment with Bill Kuharich was the most interesting part, I thought. He seemed to be treading on thin ice trying to answer the questions Gretz was asking without saying anything that could be construed as critical of Vermeil. He mentioned that in their combine interviews this year, more of the talk with the players was about football rather than family or character. And it sounded like he all but said that while the recipe for players we want on offense won't change much, we'll be targetting different kinds of defensive players.

Halfcan
03-06-2006, 08:55 PM
Basically, we are going to draft well, expect our own players to play better, and hope a few "cheap" FA fall through the cracks. Sounds like a recipe for a SB.

Wow- I am soooo excited for the new year.

SNR
03-06-2006, 10:12 PM
I dont think anyone on this team trusts anybody in the secondary whose name isnt Surtain.I trust Sapp at nickel.